Options

How OCD are you?

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    when i put stuff down on the table i sometimes have to move it around a bit until it feels right

whatever that means

mostly stuff with like rubber feet or something

like i constantly adjust my speaker's control pod

Faricazy on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »
    ascot wrote: »
    It's kind of annoying me that the thread title should probably say "How OC are you" or something better phrased than "How obsessive compulsive disorder are you?"

the_oc_narrowweb__300x389,0.jpg

Im very OC.

That's pretty much what I thought of when i typed OC.

I wish i were O.C

:(

ascot on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i constantly check for my phone and wallet in my pants

constantly

Faricazy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Anything having to do with numbers, I try to do in multiples of 7, and avoid doing in multiples of 13 (I avoid multiples of 91, rather than seeking them). For instance, rather than cooking something in the microwave for 90 seconds, I'll do it for 98, because that's 49 times 2, which is 7 times 7 (numbers which factor into powers of seven are even better).

I'm obsessive about my spelling and grammar. It doesn't have to be perfect according the rules of grammar, just right according to me, even in IMs and informal writing.

I always save the best for last. Like, anytime I eat something in multiple flavors (like Starburst or Skittles), I organize it into piles from my least-favorite to my most-favorite, and start with the least-favorite, working my way towards the most-favorite.

Anytime I'm playing a video game, I have to complete it in the most efficient way possible. If I pick up a new item in an RPG, I have to go through every character, seeing if it's better than whatever they have equipped. If it is, I have to go through with whatever I just replaced with the new item, testing the same thing. In a game like Oblivion, I always sell to the person who pays the most. This is why I can't play Oblivion.

on that videogame note I compulsively reload.

fired one bullet by accident? reload.

just about to charge into a firefight? reload.

in a firefight about to die? reload.

seriously, if I dont have a full clip all the time it really really bugs me and i have to reload.
    Dude, constantly. Not only that, if I fire off a bullet on a gun with hard-to-get ammo or something by accident, I'll quit the game, go back to my last save. I usually end FPSs with loads of extra bullets. I'll always use the weapon closest to maximum ammo capacity, too, no matter how shitty it is.

I seriously can't wait for Bioshock. It's like it was made for me. <3

I usually end most games with like 500 rocket ammo or whatever the most powerful gun is because i never want to use it.

goddam Doom 3 was a prime example, i kid you not i used the shotgun for the entire game, nothing else. was fucking hard once you get back from hell but goddam if it wasnt fuckin worth it.

BOOM

CHA-CHIK

NEXT!
    The same goes for, like, elixirs and shit in FF games. I never want to use any sort of expendable, ever, if I can possibly avoid it. Magic points that don't come back without an inn stay/item, too. If it regenerates naturally, not as big of a deal.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm farting.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    It's kind of annoying me that the thread title should probably say "How OC are you" or something better phrased than "How obsessive compulsive disorder are you?"

Im very OC.

Fuck Barton and her cottage cheese ass.

You know, most people have a little cellulite, but I don't really think you can imply that this girl is fat like that.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm really weird about food, and it always originates as a choice to not eat something, not a dislike of it.

A list of things I won't eat for some reason:
    Steak
    Pork
    Shellfish
    Most fresh herbs (dried is fine)
    Chicken off the bone (breast meat is fine)
    Any meat off the bone for that matter
    all Dairy except ice cream and cheese
    There's probably more I can't think of

I charge my cell phone every night, even if it's full, I don't look at images on the internet until they've fully loaded, I never read the comic strip before the newspost, I'm constantly checking my myspace, whenever I open photos in photoshop I go through common edits in the same order... I can't think of anything else

#pipe on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If she's any kind of cheese it would be a mozzarella stick

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    AWIYAWIY Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Manifest wrote: »

Im very OC.

You know, most people have a little cellulite, but I don't really think you can imply that this girl is fat like that.

Look at her, she's huge

You can't see more than two bones.

AWIY on
  • Options
    Jimbo the ImpressiveJimbo the Impressive Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sometimes, I'll get this sudden crushing anxiety like "Oh god what if I have herpes?!?" And then I'll be like "But, self, you're a virgin!" But I won't feel better until I look up the symptoms for herpes online and reassure myself I don't have them, or go get checked for it. I've had people tell me this actually does resemble some forms of OCD, but I'll have to see a doctor about it before I believe it.

Jimbo the Impressive on
  • Options
    taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    Wise_a wrote: »
    Ketchum ash was caught?

signs point to he was a taoistlumberjack alt

but it might have been someone with a hatred for taoist

I should post what I sent to the guy who found katchem, but I deleted it
    I was Katchem_Ash, but only at that one site

I decided to use his name as a troll/joke account, because a) I'm an unimaginative bastard, and b) in case someone went searching for the name, they'd wind up here staring in the face of pure weaboo, and it would only confuse them more.

In conclusion, I'm not the real katchem_ash. I've got 5-2 odds that he is an alt, but he's not my alt, at least here.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    highly relevant to the OC

watch.gif

Raneados on
  • Options
    chubschubs Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If I ever catch myself touching any of my teeth with my tongue, I have to touch every other tooth in my mouth the same amount of times in order to balance things. Problem is, every time I try, I end up bumping against a tooth I've already touched, so I have to start all over, keeping track of which ones I've touched and how many times. Same thing happens with my fingers touching eachother.

chubs on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    AWIY wrote: »
    Manifest wrote: »

Im very OC.

Look at her, she's huge

You can't see more than two bones.

God what a fatty. I bet she eats butter for breakfast.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    ArrahnuukArrahnuuk __BANNED USERS new member
    edited May 2007
    For me, whom none of you know, the volume must be on squares, even if it burns the speakers out or breaks the eardrums of the passengers. It just doesnt sound right unless its on a 4,9,16,25 etc etc

Arrahnuuk on
    Well, i guess I'll do a dumb quote: "Here I am and Here I shall remain" Duke Leto Atreides
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    my friend's like that

but with multiples of 5

Raneados on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I always eat my fruit candy one color at a time from least to most liked
    Usually starting with green (apple or lime) and ending at cherry though with Skittles it's grape
    I'll even sepearate them before I go someplace where I can't easily do it while I eat like a movie theater
    Otherwise I'm pretty lazy

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I do the ammo thing.

Also, if I even think I'm going to mess up writing a word, I cross it out and start over.

When I'm writing and reading at the same time, whatever I'm reading has to be on the left side and the paper I'm writing on has to be on the right.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The only strange habits I have are when I play solitaire on the computer/real life.

I can't have the same cards of the same color touching. Can't have two black kings next to each other, or two of the same color aces next to each other up top. If i do, and I can't fix it immediately, i have to re-start. It doesn't bother me when the cards come out that way. It's mostly just with the stuff i can move.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The only strange habits I have are when I play solitaire on the computer/real life.

I can't have the same cards of the same color touching. Can't have two black kings next to each other, or two of the same color aces next to each other up top. If i do, and I can't fix it immediately, i have to re-start. It doesn't bother me when the cards come out that way. It's mostly just with the stuff i can move.

I'm that way with solitaire too, but only for speed of play. I put the aces at the top Diamonds - Hearts - Spades - Clubs, I always have the kings on the left and I put them in that order too if I can, and when a new game starts, if I can't get one ace up, one king on an open space or move about 10 cards without going to the pile, I'll start a new game. I'm not interested in finishing unless I can finish real fast.
    0.jpg

I've got a screen cap of when I did 48 seconds, but it's at home.

#pipe on
  • Options
    FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    THC

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Every time I have a stick of gum, I turn the wrapper in to a tiny paper swan.
    I give them to my lady friends.
    I hope they don’t realize I’m just pawning my trash off on them.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Trexy wrote: »
    Every time I have a stick of gum, I turn the wrapper in to a tiny paper swan.
    I give them to my lady friends.
    I hope they don’t realize I’m just pawning my trash off on them.

I make turtles out of champagne cork foils and sheilds

#pipe on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    some of you people have some goddamned problems

Knob on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hate it when something of mine of real value takes damage. Like my Razer Copperhead mouse got a scratch on it's underside. Not that I can see it when I'm using the mouse, it's just that the whole thing could have been prevented and now it is flawed. Also that I might not ever be able to find another at the awesome price of only $40 ever, ever again.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Knob wrote: »

PROBLEMS

Defender on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »

PROBLEMS
    THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU EXPECTED HAHAHA JERK

Raneados on
  • Options
    Shujin KatanaShujin Katana ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    i don't like when my room's door is open
    and i blow in cups before i put liquid into them, so that i don't have dust floating around in there

i can stand not doing either though...

that's really it

Shujin Katana on
    DP: 0902 9415 9324
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i play incredibly elaborate mind games involving my alarm clock to try and get up earlier in the mornings but i don't really think that's obsessive compulsive

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh shit Rane, you got me good!

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I get everyone the best

Raneados on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The only thing I'm really completely anal about is that the silverware has to go handle up in the dishwasher.

But come on, no one wants the business end of your utensil being handled by someone's filthy paws after it was just washed.

Sami on
  • Options
    FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    The only thing I'm really completely anal about is that the silverware has to go handle up in the dishwasher.

But come on, no one wants the business end of your utensil being handled by someone's filthy paws after it was just washed.

But then the knives can fall through the gaps at the bottom of some trays, which makes things dangerous. You make no sense at all!

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I seperate all my M&Ms into evenly-numbered groups of the same color and throw away the extras. I do the same with Skittles.

When I can clearly see milk, and the pieces of cereal in my bowl aren't quiiite touching, the number of cereal pieces has to be even in the spoon, or I'll go back for another spoonful on the other side of the bowl.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    i play incredibly elaborate mind games involving my alarm clock to try and get up earlier in the mornings but i don't really think that's obsessive compulsive

Mind game with an alarm clock?

Some kind of never ending staring contest? Seeing which of you gets up first and wakes the other?

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i eat my least-favorite thing on a plate first

i doubt im the only one though

Faricazy on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't really have these weird habits that you all seem to, but I do favour symmetry in most aspects of life. But I don't get all weird if something's not symmetrical.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I also cut myself when I use improper grammer.

I cut my balls with a steak knife.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i used to be much more weird about some things than i am now, but i still do the following, at least to a degree:

If i bite my lip, or lick it by accident or anything i need to do the same thing in the top centre, bottom centre and the edges of my mouth, then on the diagonal points on my lip.

If i put pressure on one finger against my thumb i do the same to the others or they feel lonely (i know it sounds fucking sutpid, but its the only way i know how ot describe it.)

Hell, if i do something to one side of my body, or one body part of which i have two i usually need to do the same to the other one. Scuff a foot on the floor? Do the same to the other one, as close as possible to the first one.

Sometimes i put down a pen, or a piece of cutlery, go to leave and it just doesnt feel right unless i love it a little, usually to make it parallell or perpendicular to a straight edge

i HATE having doors open if i need to concentrate, or even if im watching TV. There are also exceptions to this, like the door in my house which leads to teh hallway can be open, but i dont know why some doors are ok to be open

There used to be a lot more of these and they were worse, but like i said ive got less weird about them

Quirk on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ah, here's a quirk

If I get one hand wet I have to get my other hand wet or I just feel asymetrical

Weaver on