As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Simply making Exotics dismantle into 5 Cores would be a good change and something I feel like they could comfortably do in light of Exotics being much harder to come by now.

I don’t think they would want people to buy Exotics from the collection to dismantle for cores

I think D1 had the "technology" to know an item's origin, as they had to disable various collection items from dismantling into anything at all (due to folks like @Muffinatron turning some ships into infinite glimmer).

Of course, the other alternative would be to put a cost on duplicating Exotics from your collection, which was how they handled the Exotic Shard economy in D1.

I have often observed that D1 demonstrates that they absolutely didn’t have that capacity. Rathe rwhat they did was duplicate the items within the database. Hence the sparrow horn and FWC ship bugs. Maintained in d2 as per the separate stacks of dawning shaders based on what they dismantle into.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Anybody for a Nightfall on xbox side? Kind of want to round out my powerful engrams for the week on my Warlock and only have that left.
    I could probably solo it but lazy.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Anybody for a Nightfall on xbox side? Kind of want to round out my powerful engrams for the week on my Warlock and only have that left.
    I could probably solo it but lazy.

If we don't get 3 more for the raid tomorrow I would nightfall instead.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I got to the third wave on EPs tonight twice, with the IKELOS weapon equipped, and no progress toward my quest. Why don't they tell me exactly what I need to do?! MRGRGRGR.

I equipped it before I went and joined the EP, and I'm pretty sure I had it out at each wave transition (except when I had a Valkyrie). Do I have to be part of one that actually gets through wave 3?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've managed to grab 9/15 sleeper nodes but all my running around an only once did I see an EP going on and we didn't finish the first wave. Definitely don't see those things being activated often.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I got to the third wave on EPs tonight twice, with the IKELOS weapon equipped, and no progress toward my quest. Why don't they tell me exactly what I need to do?! MRGRGRGR.

I equipped it before I went and joined the EP, and I'm pretty sure I had it out at each wave transition (except when I had a Valkyrie). Do I have to be part of one that actually gets through wave 3?
    You shouldn't even need to have it out, just having it equipped should be enough. You also just need to complete three levels, so first level three times will work.

It does need full levels, tho, meaning killing the boss at the end and having the platform go down while a different platform activates. I think there are four waves in each level (those little diamond icons that fill up as you fight, with the last one being a skull for the boss).

If you've been completing levels then I dunno.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Log on Destiny 2.

See Glass modifier on Heroic Strikes.

Log off.

We did arms dealer without too much issue. And then it didnt give either of us credit. That's twice in a week I've had that happen.

Then we got into that one with the fallen boss. The boss fucking disappeared with 2% health left. He never came back. After a 20 minute attempt because our third got stuck behind the entrance. I nearly uninstalled the game. Thankfully he wasnt talkative but hung out while we slammed against that wall till we finally got him, and then stuck around for 5-10 minutes while we figured out how to get him to come back down for the final hit. we almost wiped.

It's an entire encounter of adds that 2 shot you through your barriers, mixed with adds that stop you from escaping. Then they add stealth mobs that kill you in 1 hit. And orbs that buff the boss

The clan xp engram gave us an engram for 340 instead of 350. So I guess they made it even more useless to do random stuff for that milestone now?

I have to keep asking why bungie hates fun.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Log on Destiny 2.

See Glass modifier on Heroic Strikes.

Log off.

We did arms dealer without too much issue. And then it didnt give either of us credit. That's twice in a week I've had that happen.

Then we got into that one with the fallen boss. The boss fucking disappeared with 2% health left. He never came back. After a 20 minute attempt because our third got stuck behind the entrance. I nearly uninstalled the game. Thankfully he wasnt talkative but hung out while we slammed against that wall till we finally got him, and then stuck around for 5-10 minutes while we figured out how to get him to come back down for the final hit. we almost wiped.

It's an entire encounter of adds that 2 shot you through your barriers, mixed with adds that stop you from escaping. Then they add stealth mobs that kill you in 1 hit. And orbs that buff the boss

The clan xp engram gave us an engram for 340 instead of 350. So I guess they made it even more useless to do random stuff for that milestone now?

I have to keep asking why bungie hates fun.

Clan XP engram is bugged. The trick is you wanna hang onto it so it'll auto decrypt to its proper power levels at next weekly reset. It's not an elegant solution but it is what it is.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    They could have mentioned the bugged clan xp engram, you know - ingame maybe?

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Simply making Exotics dismantle into 5 Cores would be a good change and something I feel like they could comfortably do in light of Exotics being much harder to come by now.

I don’t think they would want people to buy Exotics from the collection to dismantle for cores

I think D1 had the "technology" to know an item's origin, as they had to disable various collection items from dismantling into anything at all (due to folks like Muffinatron turning some ships into infinite glimmer).

Of course, the other alternative would be to put a cost on duplicating Exotics from your collection, which was how they handled the Exotic Shard economy in D1.

Just for clarification, I didn't turn a ship into infinite glimmer. I turned it into infinite Future War Cult rep.

And I did everything in my power to make sure Bungie were aware of the issue.

You should've seen the hate comments I got. Including one cowardly little goose who posted a nasty comment on YouTube and instantly deleted it so I got the notification but it wasn't there for me to report or anyone else to see.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    There is a cheese for exodus down that makes it fairly tolerable.

You stack up on the drums behind crates in the junctions of the arms, I guess you would call it?

You have cover from the crates and can bust a revive anyone who goes down, plus you have the ability to drop rifts for everyone.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about faction masterwork quests. One hand: neat way to make factions relevant outside of purely rallies! Other hand: welp, that's two masterworks I won't be doing.

• Options
    chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    chemicalkb wrote: »
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1157269
    Xbox raid Sunday 4pm PST. Throwing this out there to see if any xbox peeps are interested.
    Be warned, I haven't actually done the raid. I would definitely need someone to take the lead on it. Would also be willing run either raid lair afterwards.

Reposting. Need 3 more on xbox for raid shenanigans today.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    That time would have been perfect for me but I'm going to see Deadpool with my brother, I still haven't done any raiding in d2

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about faction masterwork quests. One hand: neat way to make factions relevant outside of purely rallies! Other hand: welp, that's two masterworks I won't be doing.

Sometimes I wonder if they take into account people that have very methodical (sometimes unusual) styles of play. I imagine they assume that a great percentage of the population just do all three factions, or will at some point on one character or another. I often wonder if they take into account those people that approach their game in a different way - like several people on the board here that (at least used to) chose to only use certain weapon types on certain characters.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone free to help blow through the arms dealer quest for the exotic?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I've managed to grab 9/15 sleeper nodes but all my running around an only once did I see an EP going on and we didn't finish the first wave. Definitely don't see those things being activated often.

It took me 4 hours yesterday to both find people who would even attempt EP and find instances who had people to begin with.

Fortunately I was just doing this on a second character, so getting it done is just to ease my completionism.

It is just a bummer that barely more than a week after launch it is that hard to get even level 1 clears. I'm on PS4 so I'm not sure it's a population issue, I'm pretty sure it is that everything about EP and players not "in the know", or purposefully powerleveling their power, sends "don't even bother with this shit" vibes in a major way.

EP can be fun, but it can also be incredibly demoralizing and frustrating, and with there being not a single reward prior to beating (at least) level 3 (and even then, the reward is complete garbage, you could just get any random chest in a zone and same difference), there is not only no reason for anyone not actively working to get in a 9man group to do it to attempt it, the activity itself basically tells the players to get the fuck out with their shit.

They need to change up the rewards to make doing it enticing, and not just an elitist activity (I'm not using that word in a derogatory manner). Every level should provide a meaningful reward, even if it's a once a week thing. I'm not necessarily saying powerful engram, but given the difficulty of clearing anything past level 1 (and even that...) it wouldn't be wholly unreasonable. There should be a key item that upgrades as you complete levels so that, in the face of failure, you can restart, on your schedule (not everyone can sit in a zone banging their head against EP for hours), so that you don't feel like you're wasting your time. This key should also be how you unlock the reward after finishing level 7, and not a key that you need to find fragments for in order to get one a week, except the game doesn't really inform you of this, so a player could accidentally end up in a successful EP and whelp!

Videos I've seen of people doing EP successfully, i.e. streamers whose jobs are to play games and have both the community to provide the means to farm up much higher power levels than most players, and access to players with the gear and skill needed to fully clear it; are still spending raid levels of time on it. Seven levels is fine on paper, but with the time investment, it should be rewarding the players relative to the time investment. Bungie clearly has some internal formula where they determine how often they should be handing players loot to make any given activity as worthwhile as any other, for their reward tier.

Compared to a raid, you might not be able to beat Calus, but you got to Calus and thus got rewards accordingly. In EP you may not be able to beat level 7, but if you don't, you walk away with nothing from the time you spent either trying/getting to get there.

And I'm sure it's highly contentious, but tone the power level of EP way the fuck down. The game already has the high end stuff with raids, prestige stuff, and Trials. As others have already pointed out, with EP, by the time people can do it power level wise, players who could already do it will have done it, and players who haven't yet, and don't have the access to the organization needed to do it, simply won't. I'm sure someone at Bungie thought they were making something really cool for the high end players, not really thinking about the general playerbase when making every single design of EP as off-putting and oppressive to them as an activity can be, and then making sure to put it in the general playerbases face to not only be unappealing, but to interrupt other activities they're trying to complete. Plus the players who can do it already, are doing it with people who can do it already. Not just randoms, generally; so they're going to get their shit and have no real reason to slog through it after they got their specific boss kills and rewards.

It is a game addition that could have been good, but they went out of their way to make it absolutely not. The success of Court and Forge should have been pretty simple to replicate, but instead they just tossed that out to make something that benefits almost no one.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I checked my new achievement and learned that not even 20% of the player base has cleared the raid apparently and that seems weirdly low.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Got the exotic raid ghost shell and like 11-12 power levels today thanks to our Sunday Best crew.

New raid lair seems promising.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So the nightfall thingy I got from Xur; is that for prestige Nightfalls only or Nightfalls in general? EDIT: just prestige, bummer, thought it might help me just solo the nightfall for the engram.

Am I to understand I can just turn on a few beneficial thingies in it and make it that much easier?

I guess it kills the score, but does score matter?

Also, the nightfall specific drops are something new to me. Are they a prestige reward, or just any nightfall completion of that given strike? Does score matter or is it just random?

EDIT: looks like item drops are just random, but emblems are score based? Is there a list somewhere of score requirements?

EDIT2: Unrelated, is it correct that there is no way to recieve season 1 (and I guess 2, but I don't know what that was) eververse stuff right now? So my smattering of optimacy sets will never be complete? Also what about ships/sparrows/ghosts? Also locked? I think that was the plan from the get go, but just making sure. It is just kind of hard to tell what stuff from the engrams are just a general loot pool and what stuff is specifically seasonal, as I've gotten shaders from events like crimson doubles, but afaik I'm only getting sparrows/ghosts/ships/armor from the current season.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Got my Call to Arms done on my Hunter putting all of my characters at 372 at the end of the week.

Have to say as much as I was frustrated yesterday, today takes the cake. Not because my teammates were obnoxiously failing to engage in the activity, no they were actually pretty good today.

No today has been a tale of:
    A: Fair and Balanced™ matchmaking. The worst example of which where I found myself match-made into an ongoing game where my new team of 4 solos is losing 28 to 78 against a 2-man fireteam and one rando with 4.5+ lifetime K/D. I can't imagine the other rando was a slouch either.
    B: Immensely bullshit latency. 3 out of 5 games I've had to put up with an obnoxious amount of lag teleporting from at least one of my opponents. It's just reminding me of when I swore off Destiny 1 during House of Wolves except this time it isn't my lag that's the issue (I've had full connection bars every game).

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    So my hunter, at least, is consistently not getting the daily rep milestone.

I don't know why that is, but it's annoying.

I'll check tomorrow, it might be that logging in with her first makes it so none of my characters get it? Because on just my Titan the past few days I was getting one.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I checked my new achievement and learned that not even 20% of the player base has cleared the raid apparently and that seems weirdly low.

No, it makes a lot of sense. I played this game a lot and could never get a raid together. Most people don't finish games or play e.g. multiplayer in fighting games

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

Sometimes I wonder if they take into account people that have very methodical (sometimes unusual) styles of play. I imagine they assume that a great percentage of the population just do all three factions, or will at some point on one character or another. I often wonder if they take into account those people that approach their game in a different way - like several people on the board here that (at least used to) chose to only use certain weapon types on certain characters.

This attitude, while I get it, seems totally at odds with the (important, good imho) desire to make faction rallies actually mean something.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    So apparently you need to reach rank 50 with Dead Orbit to get that Eye of Another World ornament.

Guess I can safely forget about that one.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    And I'm sure it's highly contentious, but tone the power level of EP way the fuck down. The game already has the high end stuff with raids, prestige stuff, and Trials. As others have already pointed out, with EP, by the time people can do it power level wise, players who could already do it will have done it, and players who haven't yet, and don't have the access to the organization needed to do it, simply won't. I'm sure someone at Bungie thought they were making something really cool for the high end players, not really thinking about the general playerbase when making every single design of EP as off-putting and oppressive to them as an activity can be, and then making sure to put it in the general playerbases face to not only be unappealing, but to interrupt other activities they're trying to complete. Plus the players who can do it already, are doing it with people who can do it already. Not just randoms, generally; so they're going to get their shit and have no real reason to slog through it after they got their specific boss kills and rewards.

Haven't had a chance to play the new content yet as other games have achievements to be earned with their new content, but it's kind of a bummer to keep reading reports like this re: EP.

It kind of leans into the meme that "friendship is endgame in Destiny 2". Any player that is expecting to get into or simply have available "end-game" content without the benefit of a clan, group of players or external web page that gathers people together for them is kind of setting themselves up for frustration. It's kind of by design at this point.

As for time, IDK. A thing that is meant to be a hobby doesn't necessarily require a million continuous hours of doing it. The upside is that they may adjust the event to be more amenable to pickup and play?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So apparently you need to reach rank 50 with Dead Orbit to get that Eye of Another World ornament.

Guess I can safely forget about that one.

But it's over the whole season, right? So at least 2-3 rallys?

That doesn't seem bad at all.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I've complained a lot about RNG lately, and I still feel like "Fuck RNG" should replace the quote in my sig, but I've gotten two exotic catalysts this last week, and it's nice to have some form of horizontal progression to work towards. Crimson is a great gun, so hunting down headshots for a couple days was a good excuse to use that gun. Tractor Cannon is not an exotic I've ever bothered with before, and I don't think I'll bother using it again unless we learn about some crazy boss-melting strats that require its debuff ability.

Having said that, I've also spent a stupid amount of time on Mars for Patrols and Public Events for Resonate Stems for Sleeper Nodes, and I've made zero progress on either of the Mars emblems (35/40 sleeper nodes & 3/5 Bray weapons) - In probably the last 40 nodes I've opened I've only gotten 1 schematicm and it was a duplicate.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »
    I've complained a lot about RNG lately, and I still feel like "Fuck RNG" should replace the quote in my sig, but I've gotten two exotic catalysts this last week, and it's nice to have some form of horizontal progression to work towards. Crimson is a great gun, so hunting down headshots for a couple days was a good excuse to use that gun. Tractor Cannon is not an exotic I've ever bothered with before, and I don't think I'll bother using it again unless we learn about some crazy boss-melting strats that require its debuff ability.

Having said that, I've also spent a stupid amount of time on Mars for Patrols and Public Events for Resonate Stems for Sleeper Nodes, and I've made zero progress on either of the Mars emblems (35/40 sleeper nodes & 3/5 Bray weapons) - In probably the last 40 nodes I've opened I've only gotten 1 schematicm and it was a duplicate.

I'm curious if you recall, because I've seen mixed messages on this, if you had the exotic equipped and/or used it for the kill (or completion) when you got the catalyst?

I've only got the crimson catalyst, finished it this morning, but I can't recall if I was actually using the Crimson when I got the catalyst drop (I believe I was, or at least had it equipped). I'm just trying to figure out if I need the exotics on me, or equipped, or actively being used, to get their catalysts.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

I'm curious if you recall, because I've seen mixed messages on this, if you had the exotic equipped and/or used it for the kill (or completion) when you got the catalyst?

I've only got the crimson catalyst, finished it this morning, but I can't recall if I was actually using the Crimson when I got the catalyst drop (I believe I was, or at least had it equipped). I'm just trying to figure out if I need the exotics on me, or equipped, or actively being used, to get their catalysts.

You don't.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I think ive officially decided to hold off on this DLC...

That being said, it seems like its good ole destiny fun. And the fact im interested leaves me very hopeful that that d2 - y1 expansion, similar to TTK could be a real spark that has be back for reals.

Plus ill have all this fun stuff to do as well when I come back.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Man, I'd love to get a Crimson Catalyst. (And Wardcliff catalyst.)

All I've gotten is the one for Tractor Cannon and I doubt I'll be using that much since my buddy is using a Tractor Cannon when we play together.

Is there a specific energy auto rifle thats superior right now? I like Kibou but not sure if I should turn it into a MW.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yay, finally got the third escalation protocol finished to move on to the final step of sleeper simulant. I only had to spend about 10 minutes constantly warping to the same location before finding other people likely doing the same thing.

• Options
    Do you need to complete something before being able to acquire catalysts?

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

No, just dumb random luck.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »

That is approximately the same number as D1 raids for much of its life.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Man, I'd love to get a Crimson Catalyst. (And Wardcliff catalyst.)

All I've gotten is the one for Tractor Cannon and I doubt I'll be using that much since my buddy is using it when we play together.

Is there a specific energy auto rifle thats superior right now? I like Kibou but not sure if I should turn it into a MW.

Karibou is a real tasty AR and I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the top tier of the energy ARs.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options

Certain weapons only get them from certain things.

Here's the list I've got for the catalysts currently avaliable:

[*] Huckleberry - Heroic Adventures
    [*] Jade Rabbit - Crucible Victory
    [*] Vigilance Wing - Crucible Victory
    [*] The Colony - Crucible Victory
    [*] Crimson - PvE Kills
    [*] DARCI - PvE Kills
    [*] Tractor Cannon - PvE Kills
    [*] Borealis - PvE Kills
    [*] Wardcliff Coil - Heroic/Nightfall Strikes
    [*] Merciless - Heroic/Nightfall Strikes
    [*] Riskrunner - Heroic/Nightfall Strikes
    [*] Coldheart - Heroic/Nightfall Strikes
    [*] Prometheus Lens - Heroic/Nightfall Strikes
    [*] Skyburner's Oath - Calus Leviathan Raid
    [*] Worldline Zero - ??? Tesseract Kills?

And there's apparently a few in the files for weapons either not implemented or undiscovered, but as far as stuff currently available; yeah.

As far as I know you don't have to have done anything specific for the catalysts to be able to drop in the first place, other than (possibly) having the weapon to begin with, and to do the activity required for it. Worldline Zero is the only one that doesn't say on the weapons themselves where they come from, and it seems pretty contentious so far as to how for sure it drops (people seem to think using it for kills on mars is the way to go) and a few of the weapons are still unclear as to what their objectives are once you get them, though it seems to generally be use said weapon in its unique exotic way to get %.

• Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Why would they take that sort of spnonsense into account? I mean, the very centre of limiting yourself for your own personal role play is that you aren’t limiting yourself. I am also pretty certain that they KNOW only a smaller percentage of people do all three factions of the overall population. Bungie has that data and generally it seems this people with three characters is not the majority of people (just the majority of people who discuss the game, a self selecting sample).

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Yay, finally got the third escalation protocol finished to move on to the final step of sleeper simulant. I only had to spend about 10 minutes constantly warping to the same location before finding other people likely doing the same thing.

How did you do it? Did you actually use the HC, or just have it equipped in the energy slot? A "finished" step is to fill a diamond? Because I still don't understand how I have 0/3 when I did 4 "waves" (diamonds) over two EPs last night. Had the HC out most of the time too, and definitely in my energy slot.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera