Options

A thread presumably about [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    calling andy macnamara the load bearing wall of games journalism was an incredible joke

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Speaking of games industry stalwarts, Justin Haywald quit Gamespot to be a stay at home dad. Patrick said on Twitter that he had also been considering it heavily recently, which makes sense if one is afforded such an option.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Poor Rorie. He was talking about the Hockey Jersey 'saga' again this week on UPF, and unnoticed by him, as soon as he stops talking about it, the announcer in the background of 'OnRush' (the game they're playing) shouts 'Failure!'. :lol: It was just so perfectly timed, and Rorie carried on, not listening and completely oblivious. :lol:

• Options
    I know people IRL who have gotten their jerseys and really like them, so I'd say Eventual Success instead of Failure.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Speaking of games industry stalwarts, Justin Haywald quit Gamespot to be a stay at home dad. Patrick said on Twitter that he had also been considering it heavily recently, which makes sense if one is afforded such an option.

I would have done it if we could afford it. My wife wouldn't want to stay home, but I'd love to be a stay at home dad.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I love my kids but there is not enough money in the world to make me be a stay at home dad

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Aww man, it would be great. I already do almost all the cooking and cleaning anyway, but I'd have three more mornings and afternoons to read books, play at the park, and build Legos with my kid. She's a tough kid, and she definitely is a handful to keep up with (even her preschool teachers think she's high energy for a kid her age), but I'd love it.

Edit: but I also get why someone wouldn't want to. My wife would rather work full time and spend off time with the kiddo, and I get that. We're just wired differently.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I was a stay at home dad with my daughter for two years while my wife was in grad school. It was great.

I wish that I could do it again with my son more than anything.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    All Systems Goku:
    Panel at Anime Expo confirmed courtesy of Crunchy Roll. It makes me wonder about possible future anime series to get the ASG treatment.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I wonder if ASG has somehow caused a spike in traffic at Crunchy Roll? It is interesting.

Also, Dan having trouble understanding the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is as expected I guess.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    They've advertised for CrunchyRoll before, some sort of basic relationship probably already existed.

UNLIMITED ANIME!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Isn't someone from Crunchyroll a Friend of the Site?

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    I have looked at crunchy roll but I didn't see that they are streaming kia. I love ASG though, even though I am remembering the episodes by memory. I hope they do DB super when they are done.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I think Danika originally came from Crunchyroll, did she not?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yes, and Ben Pack interned there as well.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Any website that offers unlimited anime is a friend of GB.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Any website that offers unlimited anime is a friend of GB.

That weird person no one else likes that you became friends with out of sympathy.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Oh god that tv is definitely gonna fall

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Nah, Vinny’s back there for a reason :P

President Evil on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'm imagining just a giant ball of yellow duct tape behind it holding it up

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Speaking of Dan, the new Best Of video features a perfect transition from discussion of Dan to yet another amazing Dan moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=554rGtDSAms

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Aww man, it would be great. I already do almost all the cooking and cleaning anyway, but I'd have three more mornings and afternoons to read books, play at the park, and build Legos with my kid. She's a tough kid, and she definitely is a handful to keep up with (even her preschool teachers think she's high energy for a kid her age), but I'd love it.

Edit: but I also get why someone wouldn't want to. My wife would rather work full time and spend off time with the kiddo, and I get that. We're just wired differently.

ah I see, only 1 kid.

I have a 3.5 year old son and a 1.5 daughter and if you gave me a million bucks tomorrow to stay at home with them 24x7 i wouldn't be able to decline fast enough

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    With a million dollars you could probably afford a caretaker and you can just sit around in your underpants.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    With a million dollars you could probably afford a caretaker and you can just sit around in your underpants.

How dare you use logic!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Nah, Vinny’s back there for a reason :P

Mounting a TV is really easy.

.... Yeah, I'm glad Vinny is checking on it.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    All Systems Goku:
    Panel at Anime Expo confirmed courtesy of Crunchy Roll. It makes me wonder about possible future anime series to get the ASG treatment.

This has the potential to be a lot of fun or rather bad.

They only really just hit the halfway mark in DBZ, so I imagine it'll be a while before that becomes a question.

I bet Dan would love Hajime no Ippo though, training montages for days.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    It's just a shame Crunchy only carry the last season of Ippo, that show is so good.

• Options
    Given Jeff's music tastes, I would love to hear his reaction to Samurai Champloo. Witnessing Dan try to process all the anachronistic details is a bonus.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I feel like it's definitely been suggested to him before, but because it's anime he kinda ignored it.

But yes, old Japanese shit and also phat hip hop beats might be his thing.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    You guys thinking Dan and Jeff are going to move on to watching and podcasting more anime is cute.

• Options
    Since Crunchyroll is footing the bill for their Anime Expo appearance, I feel the probability of the duo watching and doing podcasts of other anime is higher than an endurance run of Persona 5.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    At least for that expo they're gonna watch some episodes of something. Which might be the worst way to consume ANY series. I wish they would consider watching a movie instead...there are plenty of shonen stand alone movies that could work.

EDIT: this is all a plot to get them to watch the Cowboy Bebop movie cuz it's SO GOOOOOD. I still think it holds up.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Are you sure they aren't just doing a panel on their DBZ experience/the pov of two haters starting to come around on anime (which is actually awful)?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    You guys thinking Dan and Jeff are going to move on to watching and podcasting more anime is cute.

They mentioned on the last episode of ASG that Crunchyroll is going to get suggestions from people for other things for them to watch, so they might!

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Since Crunchyroll is footing the bill for their Anime Expo appearance, I feel the probability of the duo watching and doing podcasts of other anime is higher than an endurance run of Persona 5.

Maybe the next one is the Persona 5 anime.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Credit where credit is due, Exquisite Corps most recent episode:
    Dan handled that mission with the crashed ufo with a sectopod and the ethereal beautifully.

• Options
    FeloniousmozFeloniousmoz Registered User regular
    X-Corps:
    some may tease or scold Dan for his innane fortune in life, but his uncanny luck in xcom is just nauseating.

Steam: FeloniousMoz
  • Options
    He's like a more pernicious Longshot

steam_sig.png