Options

A thread presumably about [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    I'm a little sad that there is not a single Kingdom Hearts fan on the Giant Bomb staff, going by the reactions of the crew the last couple of days.

They're not good games.

I want to like them. Really, I do. But the combat has always felt weightless, and KH3 doesn't look better. And don't get me started on the story.

Actually they are

Solid argument you have there.

I gotta say, I agree with Shadowfire on this one. I've never been able to find a single redeeming quality about those games despite trying countless times. The combat in particular was always just way too shitty.

I mean, I get the appeal. But I feel like if it weren't for the Disney partnership, these games would be forgotten along with Threads of Fate, Radiata Stories, Musashi: Samurai Legend, and a ton of other averageish SE games.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I remember buying Kingdom Hearts and watching my brother play it a little bit, but when I tried to play it I just wasn't feeling it. And still, I bought the second one when it was on sale for $10 new somewhere. I believe it remains in shrinkwrap. Maybe I should get rid of them someday. A lot of my PS2 collection could probably stand to get culled.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
  • Options
    I knew that would get gif'd.

There was significantly less excitement from everyone else.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Even Waypoint vocalizes their collective disbelief at Dan's selective ignorance regarding pirates.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Man that Nintendo presser was roooough. I was actually bored.

• Options
    Funny that on today of all days the Drew's North Korea visit slideshow came up in GB Infinite.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
  • Options

That was a pretty good moment, especially seeing everyone else burst out laughing because he's clearly saying what most of them are thinking.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I welcome the eventual return of Mario Party Party.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    I welcome the eventual debut of Super Mario Party Party.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Excuse me, the debut of Super Mario Party Party.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think enough of GBEast would rather be dead than do a Mario Party Party that it might not happen.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I think enough of GBEast would rather be dead than do a Mario Party Party that it might not happen.

Dan, Abby, and Max.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Vinny is too good of a father to allow that.

Also Max might find out the Switch can be undocked, so Vinny won't let that happen.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    I'm a little sad that there is not a single Kingdom Hearts fan on the Giant Bomb staff, going by the reactions of the crew the last couple of days.

Jan continues to be the best.

In terms of gameplay, the first game has not aged well. KH2's gameplay I think is fun, and aged much better. BBS's gameplay is legit fun for me and very customizeable, which makes me really excited to see what they do with a full controller. The story is kind of silly at times, but when it goes for it, it goes for it hard and I like its earnestness.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    This Train Jam segment is super entertaining and informative.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

If Dan's smart he pitches it as a game of the year video segment this year

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    What’s the typical turn-around on getting these @Nite segments up as podcasts?

Edit: Question answered

President Evil on
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    This Train Jam segment is super entertaining and informative.

I have friends who have done it, one of whom does not (AFAIK) make games for a living, and it really seems rad. And it's also gorgeous, because you're taking a train through like, the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i love when phil spencer and jeff just rap about the industry

both dudes are so knowledgeable and honest

phil is just the most genuine head of company that the conferences have had in a long time (ever?)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I feel like it's only a matter of time till they get like, Reggie on the couch or something.

Hell, there is a chance they could have the IWGP Heavyweight Champion on the couch this year.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Reggie won't go anywhere near that couch. The bombcast this week talked about how the somewhat shall we say rowdy tone of prior E3 Nites with Giant Bomb mean that "certain companies" steer well clear of them. In the same paragraph he said they had been sent a mailbag 3 stun guns explicitly earmarked for the E3 shows which does show how some people see the shows...so...yeah Nintendo probably less keen on entering the LangZone.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I think Reggie would spontaneously combust if he was sent anywhere close to a casual, genuine interview environment.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They had that Nindie guy on yesterday so it's not like they completely avoid the couch.

I think Phil Spencer IS the only bigwig in the industry who's down to clown, though. (And even then, his interviews with Jeff are miles apart in tone from, say, the interview/discussion with games journalists from last night. (To say nothing of the LangZone)

They got Shuhei Yoshida that one year and that was kind of magical.

• Options
    Yeah I figured the Nindie guy must have been fired immediately after the stream. But Nindies aren't actually Nintendo so he should be fine.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

phil is just the most genuine head of company that the conferences have had in a long time (ever?)

Really gotta wonder what the Xbox One would be looking like now if Phil had been running the show in the run up of its development and release

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Is there a recent interview with Phil Spencer that I missed or are you all talking about last year?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Really gotta wonder what the Xbox One would be looking like now if Phil had been running the show in the run up of its development and release

Going by those rumors, we’ll find out in about 2 years.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I hope Ed Boon makes it to the couch again.

Suda 51 seems like he would be a great fit with the GB crew, but I don't expect to ever see that.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Is there a recent interview with Phil Spencer that I missed or are you all talking about last year?

Last year, but he's there tonight.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Phil Spencer makes Xbox for me. He's done Singh for that brand it's amazing.

• Options

From the sounds of things, Kinect and the DRM did were pushed by Mattrick, so I'm guessing Xbox wouldnt have burned all of their 360 good will comiing into this generation.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The general UI design and decision to tell Indies to go fuck off were Mattrick as well. The employees knew all of that shit was bad well beforehand but it wasn't until E3 happened that the higher ups were forced to acknowledge it. I think every single one of those myopic idiots left the company before the year was up.

Opty on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    man speaking of big wigs I can not imagine that Shawn Layden has ever played a playstation game in his life. He just seems so awkward in these press conferences and I just don't see him as somebody who is interested in the act of actual gaming at all. I can not imagine Bobby Kotick has ever played a video game either, no way that dude has ever said "boy, I could go for a round in the latest call of duty!"

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Kotick is 100% a money man and I seriously doubt he plays games.

Shawn Layden could go either way I think.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    So friend of the site Matt Kessler has apparently been banned from Twitter. I wasn't around to see the tweet, so not sure what caused it. I think it was a (joking) threat towards Dave Lang

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    So friend of the site Matt Kessler has apparently been banned from Twitter. I wasn't around to see the tweet, so not sure what caused it. I think it was a (joking) threat towards Dave Lang

it was joking: "I will murder you JosephJBroni"

Which was a response to Lang doing this:

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms