Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX West 2018 Hotel Partners!

2»

Posts

  • [email protected]outlander317@icloud.com Registered User regular
    My sister just got rooms F-Sat at Homewood suites during PAX West

  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    We got Homewood Suites (Our FAV) but had to take it for more than the PAX dates to get the room. We absolutely love the seafood across the street and the Manhattan Clam Chowder down the street..lol, I forget the names-sorry:(

    I noticed that this year with the Homewood, I wasn't able to reserve the usual number of days, had to bump it up before the system would allow it. I even tried to drop a day after the fact.

    Did u get rooms through On Peak or hotel website? I looked at reserving a room direct through Hilton and they wanted me to book Thurs to Wed instead of Thurs to Tues at over $300 per night, can’t remember exact quote

    I usually go through the hilton honors site. It costs a bit more, but for me, it's worth the extra to make sure I get a room that works for my arrangement and have one less worry when getting PAX arrangements figured out (passes, room, time off, etc)

    PAX Prim..err, West 2019 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Badges [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    (Holy crap, it's been 7 years now)
    wcn5c8r1la7v.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Sucks that Homewood Suites wasn't one of the PAX hotels this year - I wonder what's up with that. My favorite hotel.

    Nathan Wind
  • dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    a few rooms up for the whole weekend at Sheraton.

    dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
    Nathan Windkangaroobandit
  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    a few rooms up for the whole weekend at Sheraton.

    Thanks for heads up, scored a double Th-Tues. Saw a review on Trip Advisor that the hotel just completed renovations to include an expanded club room, but also removed the lobby coffee bar. That coffee bar was our morning go to for bfast, now am considering paying for club access. Anyone know the cost and if it’s available to all rooms or just club level?

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Thinking about dropping my Crowne Plaza for Sheraton but have never stayed there before. Always hear it's THE Pax hotel to stay at though...

  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Thinking about dropping my Crowne Plaza for Sheraton but have never stayed there before. Always hear it's THE Pax hotel to stay at though...

    A lot to recommend....proximity to conv ctr, merch lite in lobby, bar packed with attendees and exhibitors, great fitness room on top floor, panels on site, and despite the crowds seems very quiet on upper floors

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
    IncreaseBlue
  • kangaroobanditkangaroobandit Registered User regular
    I have had to cancel 2 of my reservations due to me not booking the right days and finding out the Sheraton had room. I'm not going to get flagged or anything for so many registrations and cancellations, right?

  • havok978havok978 Registered User regular
    edited July 11
    I have had to cancel 2 of my reservations due to me not booking the right days and finding out the Sheraton had room. I'm not going to get flagged or anything for so many registrations and cancellations, right?

    No. Every PAX I tend to jump through several reservations before I finally settle on the right one and no one has ever said anything. If anything, if you have more than one reservation open, you'll get that email they periodically send out reminding you that you have more than one reservation open.

    havok978 on
    X4Tw3wP.png
    YoungFreykangaroobanditIncreaseBlue
  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Just released a double-double room Thurs - Tues at Motif. Going with Sheraton instead.

    PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Speaking of, any bets on when we'll get the duplicate reservation emails? Rooms tend to open up a lot more then.

  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, any bets on when we'll get the duplicate reservation emails? Rooms tend to open up a lot more then.

    Already happened

  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Will it happen again is the question? I have 2 reservations, but the 2nd was made in the last week. And I didn't get a duplicate reservation email.

    IncreaseBlue
  • havok978havok978 Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Will it happen again is the question? I have 2 reservations, but the 2nd was made in the last week. And I didn't get a duplicate reservation email.

    If I had to guess, I would think they would probably fire one last one off before the cutoff in a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't know for sure. They tend to go out randomly.

    X4Tw3wP.png
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Managed to snag a Thursday-Monday room at the Grand Hyatt this morning. They're still showing some availability, but the calendar is weird, so I don't know if it's all days. Good luck!

  • CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Anyone see this? What's with the cost? Or is it a mistake? qd517w9iq3zb.png

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 21
    When the main block is sold out, sometimes onpeak will let you use onpeak to book at the hotel's normal web rates. Note how it says "average nightly web rate" not "average nightly event rate" like it does for the other listings at the lower rates.

    I just checked and it's a bit odd that it's not separated out like it used to be. In previous years, I remember that when onpeak was also offering "web rates" it would be in a separate category at the bottom of the selector, not mixed in with the others.

    I will pass this along though, in case there's something else afoot.

    zerzhul on
    EC0T4r7.pngoW9G6G8.png
    YoungFreyCKingemrobins
  • CKingCKing Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    When the main block is sold out, sometimes onpeak will let you use onpeak to book at the hotel's normal web rates. Note how it says "average nightly web rate" not "average nightly event rate" like it does for the other listings at the lower rates.

    I just checked and it's a bit odd that it's not separated out like it used to be. In previous years, I remember that when onpeak was also offering "web rates" it would be in a separate category at the bottom of the selector, not mixed in with the others.

    I will pass this along though, in case there's something else afoot.

    The drop down option would explain why I never saw the normal rate. I figured it was about normal rate, but wasn't sure if that was about to effect those of us who had already booked rooms.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    CKing wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    When the main block is sold out, sometimes onpeak will let you use onpeak to book at the hotel's normal web rates. Note how it says "average nightly web rate" not "average nightly event rate" like it does for the other listings at the lower rates.

    I just checked and it's a bit odd that it's not separated out like it used to be. In previous years, I remember that when onpeak was also offering "web rates" it would be in a separate category at the bottom of the selector, not mixed in with the others.

    I will pass this along though, in case there's something else afoot.

    The drop down option would explain why I never saw the normal rate. I figured it was about normal rate, but wasn't sure if that was about to effect those of us who had already booked rooms.
    It *really* shouldn't

    EC0T4r7.pngoW9G6G8.png
    CKing
  • gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 28
    Looks like some rooms have opened up at the Sheraton.
    EDIT - aaaand they're gone...

    gorgeousplanet on
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I just need *one* day to open up for doubles at Crowne Plaza to complete my reservation. The hotel grind continues...

  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Will it happen again is the question? I have 2 reservations, but the 2nd was made in the last week. And I didn't get a duplicate reservation email.

    I got the duplicated warning one week after I made my duplicate reservation. On 7/27.

  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I'm assuming something is going on at OnPeak headquarters because the reservation site is all sorts of messed up right now.

    That being said, I am happy to report I finally got my last night for my stay!!

    Croatian SensationCKing
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I'm assuming something is going on at OnPeak headquarters because the reservation site is all sorts of messed up right now.

    That being said, I am happy to report I finally got my last night for my stay!!
    Messed up like this?
    docfxv8yyq30.png

    IncreaseBlue
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    For any last minute folks, it looks like a few Sheraton double/king rooms at the convention price have popped up for all days.

    SinoSamba
  • DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    If anyone needs one, looks like the Crown Plaza just opened a room at the On Peak prices for all days but Saturday.

    sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    For any last minute folks, it looks like a few Sheraton double/king rooms at the convention price have popped up for all days.

    Nice! Swapped out of Crowne into Sheraton. Had some health issues recently and will be a bit tired going into this Pax, the closer the better.

    3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    IncreaseBlue
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 21
    Just a quick PSA: call the hotel to double check your reservations. Onpeak only booked 8/30 to 9/2 on the Sheraton for me. Luckily they had a room available for 9/3 check out at the conference price. Granted, it might have been because I did my hotel swap last week, but still, would be bad to arrive at the hotel only to find out you are out on the street for one of the nights.

    SinoSamba on
    3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    IncreaseBlue
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 21
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Just a quick PSA: call the hotel to double check your reservations. Onpeak only booked 8/30 to 9/2 on the Sheraton for me. Luckily they had a room available for 9/3 check out at the conference price. Granted, it might have been because I did my hotel swap last week, but still, would be bad to arrive at the hotel only to find out you are out on the street for one of the nights.

    HIGHLY second this. I just got an email from Crowne Plaza saying my reservation was cancelled and, after a heart attack and several phone calls, had to get it reinstated.

    IncreaseBlue on
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.