As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sleeve [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    "the Creator made the world in the form of a globe, round as from a lathe, having its extremes in every direction equidistant from the centre, the most perfect and the most like itself of all figures"

spheres are an easy sell. Spheres are kind of an inherently pleasing idea.

I like to sell unorthodox ideas by saying "hundreds of years ago, people believed the earth was a sphere"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I also liked Brahe’s opposition to us orbiting the sun was that we’d see parallax in the stars and we didn’t. Unless the stars were like thiiiis far away it’d be negligible (undetectable then) and they fucking can’t be THAT far away come on.

And then the stars were very far away and he was right while wrong.

yeah that's a pretty solid argument since it very much does weaken the heliocentric theory. "unless x is specifically like this" is always in the kinds of things that weaken theories.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    because like going "well it does work if the stars and only the stars are further away from us than any other distance of anything else in the universe" is a hard sell

also

GjW5TUd.png

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    what's up kobolds

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    what's up kobolds

Does that make you my pet

Our pet

my pet

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    what's up kobolds

Does that make you my pet

Our pet

my pet

pfft no to like all of those

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2018
    okay, so check it out

Adam Sandler plays a regular guy who witnesses a mob killing, is seen, and has to get away and lie low so their hitmen don't find him. He sneaks into a hospital and pretends to be a burn patient. While there, he quickly becomes enemies with another patient, Kevin Hart, who he quickly realizes is another faker, there for completely different reasons (to rob the hospital or something).

The two of them try to expose each other's deception in an ever-escalating series of dirty tricks, as well as competing for the attention of a hot nurse, played by Rosario Dawson or someone. At one point one of them definitely has to hide out by crawling into an MRI tube with a big fat lady and forgets his wristwatch is still on and gets magnetized to the machine. Another time, one of them notices his fake burn has fallen off so he quickly has to reach into a tub of medical waste and liposuction fat to reattach it. When the hitmen catch up to them, there's a big chase through the hospital with different antics occurring in different wards. They have to lie very still and pretend to be coma patients but Kevin Hart can't keep his hands off the really thicc one!

Kevin James plays the befuddled hospital orderly or security guard who ends up the inadvertent victim of a bunch of their antics. David Spade is the chain-smoking ambulance driver or morgue attendant or some shit.

The villainous hospital administrator, whom Sandler discovers at the worst possible time is secretly working with the mob, is played by a slumming British ham. Uh, Anthony Hopkins.

Anyway the movie is called SICK BURN

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Kobolds may be cute but they make poor pets

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    okay, so check it out

Adam Sandler plays a regular guy who witnesses a mob killing, is seen, and has to get away and lie low so their hitmen don't find him. He sneaks into a hospital and pretends to be a burn patient. While there, he quickly becomes enemies with another patient, Kevin Hart, who he quickly realizes is another faker, there for completely different reasons (to rob the hospital or something).

The two of them try to expose each other's deception in an ever-escalating series of dirty tricks, as well as competing for the attention of a hot nurse, played by Rosario Dawson or someone. At one point one of them definitely has to hide out by crawling into an MRI tube with a big fat lady and forgets his wristwatch is still on and gets magnetized to the machine. Another time, one of them notices his fake burn has fallen off so he quickly has to reach into a tub of medical waste and liposuction fat to reattach it. When the hitmen catch up to them, there's a big chase through the hospital with different antics occurring in different wards. They have to lie very still and pretend to be coma patients but Kevin Hart can't keep his hands off the really thicc one!

Kevin James plays the befuddled hospital orderly or security guard who ends up the inadvertent victim of a bunch of their antics. David Spade is the chain-smoking ambulance driver or morgue attendant or some shit.

The villainous hospital administrator, whom Sandler discovers at the worst possible time is secretly working with the mob, is played by a slumming British ham. Uh, Anthony Hopkins.

aw fuck

i can't believe you've done this

• Options
    Jacob

That

Is

The most amazing movie I have ever imagined

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Not enough fart jokes for a new Sandler movie.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Jacob get Netflix on the phone right now

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    About to start my tour to a bunch of old white people that seem bamboozled by the concept that it’s been raining for the last 12 hours.

Why are the seats wet? Why is the floor wet? So unprofessional I cannot enjoy conditions like this. Does this open air vehicle have heat, in the middle of the spring on a 60 degree day? I started waiting an hour before the tour starts in the rain, this company had me waiting in the rain for an hour!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    About to start my tour to a bunch of old white people that seem bamboozled by the concept that it’s been raining for the last 12 hours.

Why are the seats wet? Why is the floor wet? So unprofessional I cannot enjoy conditions like this. Does this open air vehicle have heat, in the middle of the spring on a 60 degree day? I started waiting an hour before the tour starts in the rain, this company had me waiting in the rain for an hour!

GIAM did double-decker bus tours for a couple summers during college in downtown Toronto

You do not necessarily get the brightest people on those buses sometimes >_> :bro:

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Jacob you know you could sell it to netflix

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    my throat feels like its closing a bit and there's some noticeable resistance when trying to take a large breath

I'm pretty sure this is just some hayfever but fingers crossed I don't wake up suffocating in a few hours

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Variable wrote: »
    Jacob you know you could sell it to netflix

from your lips to satan's ears

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Any day without dick blood is a good day, so today is not good day.

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    my throat feels like its closing a bit and there's some noticeable resistance when trying to take a large breath

I'm pretty sure this is just some hayfever but fingers crossed I don't wake up suffocating in a few hours

I mean, in the event that you are suffocating, fingers crossed that you DO wake up, y'know?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    this page reminds me of something I've noticed: whenever someone tries to sell an unorthodox idea by bringing up the notion that "X years ago people thought the world was flat" it is a sure sign they are full of shit.

Well yeah, I mean the earth is flat, so I don’t even understand what they’re trying to do obvioisly they can’t be trusted

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    'Dick Blood' is my fourth-favourite Taylor Swift jam

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Ohh...oh no...

• Options
    Dick Blood is the hero of the series I’m writing about hard-boiled vampire detectives

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    okay, so check it out

Excuse me you can't do this in my thread

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Dick Blood is the hero of the series I’m writing about hard-boiled vampire detectives

if it's hard boiled doesn't that make him Dick Black Pudding

• Options
    Im at 287 net calories for the day

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Im at 287 net calories for the day

did...

did you account for the blood loss?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    great scythe still looks too goofy to be cool

but i picked up the Lucerne on the way and

i think i can work with this

• Options
    what's that like 2 low-salt nets?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    installed mario power tennis but never played it. whattawaste

edit - mario tennis ace or whateverthefuck

Variable on
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

if it's hard boiled doesn't that make him Dick Black Pudding

“Black Pudding” is the femme fatale love interest

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Aww shit. I forgot about the Mario Aces demo this weekend.

Curse you weekend spent outside in cheap, showy nature!

sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Home from brunch with my friends. Quiche, baked french toast, and lots of booze. It was fun. I was told to bring like chips or something salty and crunchy. I brought cheese its. There was absolutely nothing left of mine. Hahahahaha!

Still good to hang with my friends and such as always.

Then I came home and walked the dog.

Now all I want to do is sleep.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Ohh...oh no...

Yeeeaah, thats... I cant think of a single scenario where it would be a good thing. Even if it's not YOUR blood, the implications arent good

• Options
    [chat], at some point today one of you wonderful people Agreed with me for the 30,000th time - incredibly, it was not Chanus

I feel like it's not too indulgent of me to mark the occasion of an xx,000th Agree, particularly since it's only the third time I've had cause to mark such an occasion since I joined you dorks over 7 years ago

And really all I want to say is that Today, I Consider Myself ... The Most Agreeable Narwhal, On The Face Of The Earth

Thanks for clicking a button on a lot of the weird stuff I've posted over the years <3

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Tupac has many “shit is going wrong, oh god why” songs. Very ahead of his time. And in his time. Of all times.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

If X, then Y
    Therefore if not X, then not Y
    Is a formal logical fallacy

I think it's the modus penis fallacy

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Oh I spent
    8 hrs on my phone today

poo
  • Options
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »

Ohh...oh no...

Yeeeaah, thats... I cant think of a single scenario where it would be a good thing. Even if it's not YOUR blood, the implications arent good

The closest I could get was when I kept peeing blood, which admittedly is not the same thing, and that was only a good thing in the sense that we eventually discovered a fatal flaw in my construction that, by fixing it, allowed us to save my kidney

And that still wasn't the most pleasant experience ... >_>

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    the modus penis fallacy

xvZeSBo.gif

This discussion has been closed.