As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Tossin' Nades and Mournin' Caydes

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, forgot I got Vigilance Wing Catalyst tonight! I'm really glad, I much prefer that over GL. 250 kills is a bit steep but ultimately won't take too long.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I was able to finish Nascent Dawn and getting all 45 targets shot tonight (on PC). Without Raiding, I think they really screwed up the Powerful Engram curve. I'm STILL not even 370 to get even with the first part of Escalation Protocol. Imo, Exotics should still be at least one or two points more powerful than what you have on hand so getting them is always exciting and the same for Clan engrams. Turning clan engrams into nothing but 3 shards or maybe a Masterwork if you're lucky is a great way to torpedo how interesting the whole system is. And they took this advice from people who would naturally be all over their Raid and Trials engrams anyway. Really dumb.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Y'know, it occurs to me that if they do decide to bring Cayde back to life, they kinda already have something set up to do that. Use that thing we used on Sagira to bring back his ghost, use his ghost to bring back him.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Holy poop heroic adventures are tough. Are heroic strikes even worse?

Im at 345 light. I feel like ive hit a cap. Should I use my powerful engrams or is there a different way to get above 345?
    I think that's where you want to start using your powerful engrams. I haven't done heroic adventures in Warmind yet but if they're like the heroic adventures in CoO then they have tougher enemies than heroic strikes do.

Heroic strikes will drop legendsries up to 365 now, so you might want to hold off as much as possibly if you want to OPTIMAL

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there’s really no point being optimal about it

if you don’t raid it will just take forever regardless of your strategy because that’s what the community wants

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Luarithae wrote: »
    I kinda wanna try EP but I've been stuck around 365 for a while now since I don't bother with half the more annoying powerful rewards

Also we should do Trials tonight and get really salty as usual

TBH aroudn 365 if you have a bunch of decent geared folks, you should be able to withstand the heat. I cannot help you cross platform but feel my moral support

At 365 you probably won't die instantly just being near the fight but that's about it.

I guess at ~365 you can still tether and boop with tractor cannon or melting point the boss. But that's basically it.

Thankfully with a 9-man stack, like 4 people at least can coast afk anyway.

We have taken a few 360ish from PA to EP and tbh they were better than the randos around better equipped because we could coordinate.

I obviously don't recommend everyone to be that light level but with what I assume is all platforms of this clan having 385s I dont see a reason why a 365ish can't tag along with the clan

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Y'know, it occurs to me that if they do decide to bring Cayde back to life, they kinda already have something set up to do that. Use that thing we used on Sagira to bring back his ghost, use his ghost to bring back him.

it's kinda fucked there's all these dead ghosts lying around and we brought back sagira and then were just like cool on to the next thing i guess!

• Options
    Also, on a different note not sure if someone shared it already but here's some fan art foe US father's day that Bungie shared

HDgAfpu.jpg

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Awwwww, they were so cute before we busted into their own personal Heavens to murder their souls.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Awwwww, they were so cute before we busted into their own personal Heavens to murder their souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9LP-9uG_k

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Should I run heroic strikes at 345 or is that going to be a problem?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

It is possible but it will not be real pleasant. Some of the modifiers are going to make it even worse. Glass means you will vaporize almost immediately while you're that low level. As much as you can abuse the health restoration exotics. If you've got Crimson it's a good choice and Suros is a decent fall back plan.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

It is possible but it will not be real pleasant. Some of the modifiers are going to make it even worse. Glass means you will vaporize almost immediately while you're that low level. As much as you can abuse the health restoration exotics. If you've got Crimson it's a good choice and Suros is a decent fall back plan.

yeah there are huge improvements in quality of life after hitting 350 and 360 but you can do them in the 340s with patience

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

yeah there are huge improvements in quality of life after hitting 350 and 360 but you can do them in the 340s with patience

I'd also say at 345 you're still going to be better than randos so don't be afraid to grab other people from the clan to run with.

If I'm on, send me an invite and I'll run.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I kinda wanna try EP but I've been stuck around 365 for a while now since I don't bother with half the more annoying powerful rewards

TBH aroudn 365 if you have a bunch of decent geared folks, you should be able to withstand the heat. I cannot help you cross platform but feel my moral support

At 365 you probably won't die instantly just being near the fight but that's about it.

I guess at ~365 you can still tether and boop with tractor cannon or melting point the boss. But that's basically it.

Being 20 levels below means you're still doing 65% damage of someone who's at level, so it's incorrect to suggest tether/boop/melting point is all you can do.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Also, not that I would do this...

but if I wanted to start the ranked pvp grind... would it make sense to lose like 20 in a row first to tank my sbmm with no cost. Then go ham on folks way worse than me?

Also...if 3 folks here want to do that... we wouldnt be hurting anyone :)

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Also, not that I would do this...

but if I wanted to start the ranked pvp grind... would it make sense to lose like 20 in a row first to tank my sbmm with no cost. Then go ham on folks way worse than me?

Also...if 3 folks here want to do that... we wouldnt be hurting anyone :)

I already started ranking so I'm out of the picture I'm afraid :P

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Being 20 levels below means you're still doing 65% damage of someone who's at level, so it's incorrect to suggest tether/boop/melting point is all you can do.

It might be better now that they lowered the level of EP. Previously they were practically immune. You are gonna be taking more then 200% damage though and doing only 65% damage, which is not gonna be a ton. It's fine, the point of a 9-man EP is you have more then enough slack to carry people and that's what friends are for.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Just. Keep. Punching.
    -snip-
    Sentinel Punch Murder is Best Murder.
    Put that up for MOTW

• Options

It might be better now that they lowered the level of EP. Previously they were practically immune. You are gonna be taking more then 200% damage though and doing only 65% damage, which is not gonna be a ton. It's fine, the point of a 9-man EP is you have more then enough slack to carry people and that's what friends are for.

At worst the damage scaling is 56.9%. Then it's immune once you're 50 levels beneath.

So 350 would've been that mark before the changes.

While the incoming damage is pretty excessive, it's not impossible to find places where you can deal damage without receiving any in return.

And all DPS is good.

I don't think it's particularly good to suggest that people aren't going to be contributing (especially when it's not true) because that puts people off.

Just get in there and try it out, with a large enough group it just doesn't matter and I find EP way more fun than raiding (once you've managed to get everyone into the instance).

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Jay might complain about Trials and it definitely sucks sometimes but sometimes we still got it.

• Options
    Just. Keep. Punching.
    https://youtu.be/4U7t7CtHBr4
    Sentinel Punch Murder is Best Murder.

Disagree

Striker Punch Murder > Sentinel Punch Murder

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    If you're very underpowered, getting an interceptor will still do an excellent job against the masses of enemies. It's not hot against the bosses unless you ram them .

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Ground some heroic strikes yesterday 'cause I needed a fossilized whatsits for my last Prophecy gun. Heroic strikes on Iron + Heavyweight are so much better than Glass + Whatever Bullshit. Just being able to VOOP VOOP VOOP yellow bars is sufficiently joyous that I might even be okay with Glass + Heavyweight but it seems like it's always Brawler or grenades coupled with Glass and Blackout.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    So, many years ago, when Taken King was released, me and my 2 buddies went searching for 3 more people to form a 6 man raid group. Our clan name at the time was "My D is an Exotic Weapon" and the guys we ended up grouping with had the clan "Screechin Lemurs"

Then Destiny 2 comes out and we're still raiding together so we decide to merge clans. Naturally, the new clan was called "My D is a Screechin Lemur"

My wife, porp, starts actively playing with us in Destiny 2 and she hates our clan name, and is constantly asking us to change it. I refuse. It is written in stone I say.

Today, I find out our clan name has been reported and needs to be changed.

This reeks of an inside job.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    So, many years ago, when Taken King was released, me and my 2 buddies went searching for 3 more people to form a 6 man raid group. Our clan name at the time was "My D is an Exotic Weapon" and the guys we ended up grouping with had the clan "Screechin Lemurs"

Then Destiny 2 comes out and we're still raiding together so we decide to merge clans. Naturally, the new clan was called "My D is a Screechin Lemur"

My wife, porp, starts actively playing with us in Destiny 2 and she hates our clan name, and is constantly asking us to change it. I refuse. It is written in stone I say.

My D is an Exotic Screeching Lemur

• Options

My V is a Screechin Lemur

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SCREECHING LEMURS CONSUMED AND REPLACED MY GENITALS, PLEASE HELP

• Options

My D is an Exotic Screeching Lemur

on our group text chain, one member decided it was the screechin part that must be offensive, so he has proposed "My D is a Mild Mannered Lemur"

other options thrown out there include "My 4th Letter of the Alphabet is a Screechin Lemur" and "My [redacted] is a Screechin Lemur"

• Options
    i would have expected porp to resort to more overt measures

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    They’re forcing it to be changed? That’s surprising, it’s incredibly inoffensive

I should report the actual bad stuff I see

Like VAGilence Wing

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Does the "D" stand for divorce?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    i always appreciate when i encounter a clan called something like Gargle my Cabals or Vexual Intercourse (both real, at least at one time)

sure beats like Cayde's Rebels or some dumb shit

Chanus on
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Does the "D" stand for divorce?

IT DOES NOW

• Options
    My Cabals are Screechin Lemurs

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    If @GMaster7 had any ambitions to advance our clans into the upper strata of Destiny, he would have long since changed Pax Arcadia to some unholy hybrid of sexual entendre and bong-related imagery.

• Options
    wait didn't porp quit playing

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    If @GMaster7 had any ambitions to advance our clans into the upper strata of Destiny, he would have long since changed Pax Arcadia to some unholy hybrid of sexual entendre and bong-related imagery.

I really like Pax Arcadia as a name.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    wait didn't porp quit playing

nah she just quit raiding with us because she got bored with doing the same encounters every week

porp and I prob play comp/trails 2-3 nights a week with our other clanmates

This discussion has been closed.