Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WRAITH VICTORY!!!!!!!] KoPv.1: The Caves of Phalla

18911131423

Posts

  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well it shows how well the bandwagons went yesterday, at least I wasn't one of the ones who voted for snacksonaplane.

    Now we are bandwagoning someone who has an idoitic plan?

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Well it shows how well the bandwagons went yesterday, at least I wasn't one of the ones who voted for snacksonaplane.

    Now we are bandwagoning someone who has an idoitic plan?

    Yeah

    This is pretty stupid, the justification is that adrien tried to hit the instant network button, thus he must be a bad guy. Look he is far, far more likely to just have made a bad suggestion, especially since he isn't a phalla regular (at least recently) and people want to kill him?

    !kill devoutelyapathetic This is a terrible bandwagon and I find the person who suggested it highly suspicious.

    frandelgearslip on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Inactivity is a bitch huh.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Inactivity is a bitch huh.

    In some cases it might be the other phalla. In my case I am not participating as much as I usually do, because the phalla of unending boring has burnt me out to some degree.

    frandelgearslip on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Inactivity is a bitch huh.

    In some cases it might be the other phalla. In my case I am not participating as much as I usually do, because the phalla of unending boring has burnt me out to some degree.

    That wasn't directed at you at all, but Snacks getting killed and then ending up being a special. Shouldn't have been revealing his power after being dead either.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Well it shows how well the bandwagons went yesterday, at least I wasn't one of the ones who voted for snacksonaplane.

    Now we are bandwagoning someone who has an idoitic plan?

    Yeah

    This is pretty stupid, the justification is that adrien tried to hit the instant network button, thus he must be a bad guy. Look he is far, far more likely to just have made a bad suggestion, especially since he isn't a phalla regular (at least recently) and people want to kill him?

    !kill devoutelyapathetic This is a terrible bandwagon and I find the person who suggested it highly suspicious.

    I suppose, given few viable alternatives, I will support this platform.

    I !vote for devoutlyapathetic to die by one hundred stones.

    Mazlo on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Inactivity is a bitch huh.

    In some cases it might be the other phalla. In my case I am not participating as much as I usually do, because the phalla of unending boring has burnt me out to some degree.

    That wasn't directed at you at all, but Snacks getting killed and then ending up being a special. Shouldn't have been revealing his power after being dead either.

    I know that, but several people have commented on inactivity and I think it is a combination of the other phalla and all the new players rather than any comment on this phalla.

    I totally agree that Snacks should not have revealed his powers, but its too late to unring that bell now.

    frandelgearslip on
  • tormentedsoultormentedsoul Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Well it shows how well the bandwagons went yesterday, at least I wasn't one of the ones who voted for snacksonaplane.

    Now we are bandwagoning someone who has an idoitic plan?

    Yeah

    This is pretty stupid, the justification is that adrien tried to hit the instant network button, thus he must be a bad guy. Look he is far, far more likely to just have made a bad suggestion, especially since he isn't a phalla regular (at least recently) and people want to kill him?

    !kill devoutelyapathetic This is a terrible bandwagon and I find the person who suggested it highly suspicious.

    I am new at this and have been looking for someone to put forth a plan or at least a good reason to vote or not vote for someone.
    Day One was spent getting even with Squashua because he did good in the last game.
    Day Two was spent bandwagoning SnacksOnAPlane because of Ardor's post # 301.

    tormentedsoul on
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Well, with the server down A LOT of day 1 -- there's definitely going to be less activity at the start, so it's just not building as fast, I think.


    I don't think we should crucify Adrien for being dumb.

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • tormentedsoultormentedsoul Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Oh, sweet.

    Needs more network bargaining with cultists (er, cultist) though.
    lol. Yeah, Ardor - isn't this about the time for your usual 'big reveal'? :)

    I've got it! We'll form a double-blind taste test to see if Diet Gnome really does taste more like regular Gnome! PM Ardor now, and he'll forward them along. You can trust Ardor, because he believes that it's more important for Gnome Taste Tests to be reputable across all Phallas than taking advantage in just this one.

    ...I started writing that as a joke, but now I'm confused and thirsty.

    ...eh?

    I don't recall being thrown to the public with my role information out there so I could be hung out to dry this time around. I did keep my word though and it was a lot of fun working with another side, but let's be realistic, I had nothing to lose at that point but I had a lot to offer. I don't really have much to offer this time around. Perhaps later if I want to stick up to the Monty Hall handle I got from the vampire game.

    EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's possible snacksonaplane is our last cultist and was asking for someone to come forward with some sort of bargain. That seems like a small slip up there. Oops. !I Vote for snacksonaplane to show us his true colors.


    I look to Ardor for guidance as he has far more expierence at this than I do.
    SnacksOnAPlane should have posted why he said what he did.
    He should have also told the group why he would be out and unable to respond, so we would not mistake his silence for guilt.

    tormentedsoul on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Voting for Munkus might be dumb, considering that he's going out of his way to draw attention to himself, but I'm kind of suspicious.

    I sure don't trust any bandwagon after the past two nights.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Hey, can anyone point me to the last two narrations?

    Digger Dude on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey, can anyone point me to the last two narrations?

    pg 16 was last night's and I will go check what the night before was.

    Edit: pg 9 has the first night's one.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • tormentedsoultormentedsoul Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Hey, can anyone point me to the last two narrations?

    Post # 224 and Post # 387

    tormentedsoul on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Thanks guys.

    So are we killing DA or Ariden

    Digger Dude on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanks guys.

    So are we killing DA or Ariden

    It's still really early in the day and your already limiting who we are voting for to just two people?

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Munkus thing has some merit, I think. Last Son was speaking in Haiku, now Munkus is speaking in Japanese-influenced English. Is this an item, or a power? Maybe we should see if Munkus explodes tonight like Last Son did.

    If it is an item, then whatever faction kills a person gets their item, which means Munkus may not be a friendly fellow.

    Threelemmings on
  • Paranoia833Paranoia833 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    It seems to me, in my humble opinion, that what we need in this situation... is a plan!

    Paranoia833 on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Okay, so so far we've been pursuing a strategy of death by RNG. This is very similar to the gnomes' strategy of non-gnome death by RNG; both will lead to a gnome victory.

    This isn't 100% true. Random kills are actually bad for the gnomes. If this game is fairly balanced then pure random should actually give each side a somewhat decent chance. The big thing about vigilante and village kills is that they come from the entire population instead of simply the not gnome population like gnome kills do. The simple inclusion of the gnomes in the target set has a huge impact upon the game.

    Okay, so I'm reaching, but we're essentially one for ten. With, what, six gnomes left of 28(?) humans, those odds are not going to bear us out in the long run.
    The problem we have is an unknown number of seers, an unknown number of vigilantes, and an unknown number of guardians. None of them have any way of verifying the others.
    You're entire plan is predicated upon the assumption that we have multiples of any given role. The only roles that we know have multiples are evil.

    Well, yeah. We're pretty much fucked if we don't. The gnomes know who we are.
    So here's what needs to happen. Two specials who know each other need to reveal themselves. We guard one, and vote the other one to death. When the other one is revealed, we'd all know if we can trust the one. That person still wouldn't have any way to verify specials that contact them, especially with one seer down, but it'd be a start.

    Of course, that relies on the gnomes not being able to stack their kills, or colluding with the remaining cultist. Especially since who knows who has the shield now, or if there's another guard.

    [edit]
    And, of course, with the inactivity it's entirely possible that we don't have any working special cells. Things do not look good for our heroes.
    To sum up: Holy crap.

    You just advocated we use a village kill (our most precious and in fact only resource) to hit a guranteed special and to reduce our number of remaining specials by half?

    I'm going to assume you aren't incredibly stupid, therefore: I !voted Adrien for an incredibly bad idea.

    Look, a seer does no good if he can't reveal his target. A vigilante is worthless if he doesn't know who to kill. So far our village kill has hit fewer baddies than the gnomes. Is there any other way, not having any information about the specials, to verify one? I'd love to hear about it.


    Anyway, I'm gonna be gone most of the afternoon. I would well appreciate not so much of the killing of innocents who aren't there to defend themselves, though. That'd be nice.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Munkus thing has some merit, I think. Last Son was speaking in Haiku, now Munkus is speaking in Japanese-influenced English. Is this an item, or a power? Maybe we should see if Munkus explodes tonight like Last Son did.

    If it is an item, then whatever faction kills a person gets their item, which means Munkus may not be a friendly fellow.

    Munkus has been talking like this from day 1.Also, my real life is in shambles at the moment, so I may not post much today....be ready for some stuff tonight though.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So wait, you say your going to be gone most afternoon than go on to say we shouldn't execute people who won't be able to defend themselves? O_o

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    So wait, you say your going to be gone most afternoon than go on to say we shouldn't execute people who won't be able to defend themselves? O_o

    Well, I'll be back before midnight. But yeah, that's about it. It worked so well last time, right?

    Here, I'll throw one out there. You don't need to vote. This senseless killing is exactly what the gnomes want. I mean, they are terrorists.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well all I can say is lets hope someone does something soon, anything till then I'll hold my vote like last time.
    !I Retract my vote on Adrien

    Typhus733 on
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Whenever you post in a Phalla thread, you support the Gnomish terrorists.

    Mazlo on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, guys, there's some shit going on, and I don't think I'm going to be able to get here. I'm gonna go ahead and drop out.

    Sorry, guys.

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Saburbia wrote: »
    So wait, you say your going to be gone most afternoon than go on to say we shouldn't execute people who won't be able to defend themselves? O_o

    Well, I'll be back before midnight. But yeah, that's about it. It worked so well last time, right?

    Here, I'll throw one out there. You don't need to vote. This senseless killing is exactly what the gnomes want. I mean, they are terrorists.

    Crap. You are a pile of wrongness and getting us killed.

    YOU DO NEED TO VOTE.

    Every time you do not vote you make it that much easier for the evil fuckers out there to steer the vote away from one of their own and unto an innocent. Failing to vote you might as well not fucking play as you'll be screwing your team.

    I was about ready to retract my vote for you. I didn't want you bandwagoned because it's stupid to bandwagon the active players. I wanted you to think about what you purposed and consider how it may have been flawed and would totally screw the village. I attached my vote because I needed to emphasize it and it's the only emphasis I've got. Now I've seen you're doing the absolute opposite. Great.

    I'm spoilering the rest since it's long. More responses to wrongy-McBadness inside:
    Adrien wrote: »
    Adrien wrote: »
    Okay, so so far we've been pursuing a strategy of death by RNG. This is very similar to the gnomes' strategy of non-gnome death by RNG; both will lead to a gnome victory.

    This isn't 100% true. Random kills are actually bad for the gnomes. If this game is fairly balanced then pure random should actually give each side a somewhat decent chance. The big thing about vigilante and village kills is that they come from the entire population instead of simply the not gnome population like gnome kills do. The simple inclusion of the gnomes in the target set has a huge impact upon the game.

    Okay, so I'm reaching, but we're essentially one for ten. With, what, six gnomes left of 28(?) humans, those odds are not going to bear us out in the long run.

    Yea, we've not been running great, but every good day the gnomes have make it more likely they'll have a very bad day later on. We really are not in that bad a place having only lost 2 special things. The item seer is still out there as is the guardian item plus whatever actual roles that are special.
    The problem we have is an unknown number of seers, an unknown number of vigilantes, and an unknown number of guardians. None of them have any way of verifying the others.
    You're entire plan is predicated upon the assumption that we have multiples of any given role. The only roles that we know have multiples are evil.
    Well, yeah. We're pretty much fucked if we don't. The gnomes know who we are.

    No, we really aren't. Is there a reason you're trying to fuck village morale? The people who are happy about the current spot of inactivety are all evil or really short.
    So here's what needs to happen. Two specials who know each other need to reveal themselves. We guard one, and vote the other one to death. When the other one is revealed, we'd all know if we can trust the one. That person still wouldn't have any way to verify specials that contact them, especially with one seer down, but it'd be a start.

    Of course, that relies on the gnomes not being able to stack their kills, or colluding with the remaining cultist. Especially since who knows who has the shield now, or if there's another guard.

    [edit]
    And, of course, with the inactivity it's entirely possible that we don't have any working special cells. Things do not look good for our heroes.
    To sum up: Holy crap.

    You just advocated we use a village kill (our most precious and in fact only resource) to hit a guranteed special and to reduce our number of remaining specials by half?

    I'm going to assume you aren't incredibly stupid, therefore: I !voted Adrien for an incredibly bad idea.
    Look, a seer does no good if he can't reveal his target. A vigilante is worthless if he doesn't know who to kill. So far our village kill has hit fewer baddies than the gnomes. Is there any other way, not having any information about the specials, to verify one? I'd love to hear about it.

    Grow up and play a balanced Phalla. That you can't trust anybody 100% is pretty much the heart of the Phalla experience. Gnasty got it right and by continuing to look for a "win" button you're putting us in greater risk of being screwed. Networks are great when they're viable, they're viable here but they're nowhere near as good in past games. Given time the seer item holder will likely build up a small network that can heavily influence late game play. Rushing things has a good chance of screwing him up.
    Anyway, I'm gonna be gone most of the afternoon. I would well appreciate not so much of the killing of innocents who aren't there to defend themselves, though. That'd be nice.

    Uh...have you even read any of the previous Phalla's? Cause that's not how it usually works. This is like stepping up to the bat and complaining a small white object is thrown at you very fast.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sorry, Adrien. I was planning on voting for someone else, but DA's right. You're helping more than hurting. I !vote for Adrien.

    Locus on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Saburbia wrote: »
    So wait, you say your going to be gone most afternoon than go on to say we shouldn't execute people who won't be able to defend themselves? O_o

    Well, I'll be back before midnight. But yeah, that's about it. It worked so well last time, right?

    Here, I'll throw one out there. You don't need to vote. This senseless killing is exactly what the gnomes want. I mean, they are terrorists.

    Crap. You are a pile of wrongness and getting us killed.

    Every time you do not vote you make it that much easier for the evil fuckers out there to steer the vote away from one of their own and unto an innocent. Failing to vote you might as well not fucking play as you'll be screwing your team.

    I was about ready to retract my vote for you. I didn't want you bandwagoned because it's stupid to bandwagon the active players. I wanted you to think about what you purposed and consider how it may have been flawed and would totally screw the village. I attached my vote because I needed to emphasize it and it's the only emphasis I've got. Now I've seen you're doing the absolute opposite. Great.

    Look he is clearly somebody new with bad ideas not an actual bad guy, furthermore Nobody is taking his suggestions seriously, so why the hell do you want to kill an innocent so badly on day 3? We should be trying to find the actual guilty people, rather than taking the easy "kill the newbie" bandwagon and
    Helping the frickin gnomes

    edit: hey everybody else was using big letters...

    frandelgearslip on
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User
    edited May 2007
    OK guys seriously, we need a plan of action here. I don't want to die from inactivity, but there's not much to post when we are just jumping on bandwagons and randomly killing people.

    Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I can't really be here for the rest of the day before the voting goes up. So I'm not voting for the moment.

    Sorry about that. If I suddenly get internet access before the vote I'll try to make an educated decision.

    Anthrax! Please. on
    - Signature Code -
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DevoutlyApathetic makes very good points about Adrien.

    Therefore, I !retract DevoutlyApathetic

    and instead choose to !vote for Adrien for the official lynching- regardless of his racial status, the tourist population may be better off without his strategery.

    Mazlo on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Saburbia wrote: »
    So wait, you say your going to be gone most afternoon than go on to say we shouldn't execute people who won't be able to defend themselves? O_o

    Well, I'll be back before midnight. But yeah, that's about it. It worked so well last time, right?

    Here, I'll throw one out there. You don't need to vote. This senseless killing is exactly what the gnomes want. I mean, they are terrorists.

    Crap. You are a pile of wrongness and getting us killed.

    Every time you do not vote you make it that much easier for the evil fuckers out there to steer the vote away from one of their own and unto an innocent. Failing to vote you might as well not fucking play as you'll be screwing your team.

    I was about ready to retract my vote for you. I didn't want you bandwagoned because it's stupid to bandwagon the active players. I wanted you to think about what you purposed and consider how it may have been flawed and would totally screw the village. I attached my vote because I needed to emphasize it and it's the only emphasis I've got. Now I've seen you're doing the absolute opposite. Great.

    Look he is clearly somebody new with bad ideas not an actual bad guy, furthermore Nobody is taking his suggestions seriously, so why the hell do you want to kill an innocent so badly on day 3? We should be trying to find the actual guilty people, rather than taking the easy "kill the newbie" bandwagon and

    That section you helpfully bolded? How the hell would I know that? Since nobody is talking in the thread and bad ideas need to be shouted down. Which is what I did. Like I said, it wasn't a serious "Kill this guy!" vote. It was a "This is a really bad idea" vote to get him to think about why it's a bad idea. His response hasn't been heartening. While I'm tempted to assume that "He's new and unfamiliar" that isn't really an statement that clears him. Bad guys can be new as well and that first draft of a plan seems to be a fine idea for the bad guys.
    Helping the frickin gnomes

    edit: hey everybody else was using big letters...

    Heh. I'd rather have a vote based upon real evidence but that is sorely lacking at this stage. Ardor gave us a special yesterday but I think we all know that anybody who is active is going to vote for the wrong people, probably more often than not. I'm just putting my vote on the guy that the village probably doesn't want around for the end game who might be a bad guy.

    Edit:
    Well, guys, there's some shit going on, and I don't think I'm going to be able to get here. I'm gonna go ahead and drop out.

    Sorry, guys.

    If this is what you brought up in Chat the other night...you have my condolences. That's a difficult situation and completely comes second to a silly forum game.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Okay guys, I don't really know what to do here. The majority of people I said were on the bubble for inactivity haven't showed up to post or anything. I realize I said that they would all be dieing, but I'd rather not kill off ten extra people tonight, and who knows how many more tomorrow.

    This weekend a lot of people returned from college, and tomorrow is mother's day. I understand that a lot of stuff is going on right now and many people might not have too much time to devote to an online forum game.

    I'm tempted to give everyone amnesty until the round that ends on Monday (few people have been active today, and I expect less to be active tomorrow). If I don't do this I fear that half of the players are going to be killed for inactivity. However, with the number of inactive people it seems that not a lot of strategizing is going to go on today and tomorrow and this will only give the bad guys an advantage.

    So right now I'm thinking that inactives won't die tonight. I also want to combine tomorrow and Monday's round into one (so after tonight the next round won't end until Monday night). This might slow down any momentum the game might have had, but I don't really expect anyone to post tomorrow and hopefully the game would pick itself back up on Monday (the weekend will be over and anyone who was coming home this weekend will hopefully be settled in). Today's round would still end tonight at 11.

    What do you guys think about this?

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Edit - Gnasty, ya gotta do what you think is right. Usually, I don't think it's too harsh to kill the inactives, but I can understand how that might be a severe detriment in this game.

    If the game was as active as a normal one I wouldn't mind killing off inactives, but this game has been worse (in terms of activity) than normal ones have been. With Mother's Day tomorrow, I don't even know how many more people I would have to kill off for being inactive. Not to mention we've already had two people resign (three if I include Senor Fish, but I'm hoping that if I give everyone amnesty until Monday he might be able to keep playing).
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Edit 2 - It might just be best to put the game on hold through Monday - make the next night Monday, and kill off inactive players as normal then.

    Actually I think I'll do that. Today hasn't been particularly active either, hopefully people come back to their computers after the weekend.

    I apologize to all of the currently active players, but I think it is in the best interest of the game to extend this round until Monday. So I guess everyone has a whole lot of time to figure out who they want to kill, steal from, etc.

    THIS ROUND WILL NOT END UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT (11 as usual).

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Paranoia833Paranoia833 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Given the sheer number of absences (not to mention the fact that I sent out a number of PMs to certain semi-active players and not a single person has replied to them), I personally wouldn't mind postponing the entire phalla until sunday night. That way we have some extra time to stew in our own juices and if people haven't said anything, even a one line apology, by then it's safe to say they're not needed in this game and you can slaughter them all guilt-free. I would like to add that if there are any specials/item users who're slacking off it might be wise to reassign their powers to others in the interests of giving the humans a realistic chance, but that's just my analysis.

    Plan wise, since PMing is achieving nothing for me I'm going to paint a big target on myself and declare that I am indeed a special working for the humans. I don't believe I count as a seperate race so the cultist has nothing to gain by killing me, the gnomes are the only people who will benefit from my loss. I don't think it wise to reveal the full extent of my powers, suffice to say I'm not that much of a threat until I can get my hands on an item. For instance if the seer would be kind enough to trade their scope to me I could be very formidable indeed.

    Well then, let's see if I live out the night eh? Since we know the shield user is active, if they could deflect the inevitable gnome assault it would be much appreciated.

    I !vote tormentedsoul cause I like jdarksun's style and I really haven't a clue at this point.

    edit: Doh! beaten.

    Paranoia833 on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Delay is fine with me since it looks best for the game.

    As such, I'm going to hold off on pretty much any activity until much later tonight or tomorrow.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I'm not going to vote based on this "inactivity" list. First of all, I think it was unfair.

    Day 1: Forums were down for a good portion of the day. I couldn't even get posts in on day 1 if I wanted to. It's also day 1. I know a few players sit back on the first day and observe mostly.

    Day 2: Forums back up, most people started getting active. Gnasty took a posts per day average and sent out PMs.


    I would like to see a similar analysis based on post day 1 activity and I believe a far more important statistic is baseless startings of bandwagons.

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Cool, the delay is very helpful. Now more of us have time to participate.

    Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I look to Ardor for guidance as he has far more expierence at this than I do.
    SnacksOnAPlane should have posted why he said what he did.
    He should have also told the group why he would be out and unable to respond, so we would not mistake his silence for guilt.

    I made a post describing exactly why Snacks didn't say what he did for the reasons he was voted for, and criticizing everyone for blindly following Ardor on his faulty logic. Nobody mistook his silence for guilt, they all followed Ardor's suggestion and didn't give a second thought to the matter.

    In any case, glad to see my initial vote this round might not be in vain. I've got an eye for these things. You'd better start counting your days, Saburbia, only a few more left.

    Frosteey on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Yay Paranoia833! It's not that I BELIEVE you, necessarily, but trying to figure out if someone is telling the truth is a lot more interesting that wonder which of a dozen mostly-inactives is a gnome.

    Still...I think trading the scope to you before seering would be too much of a risk. If the gnomes get the scope, with our (probable) natural seer dead, I don't like our chances at all. I suggest that whoever has the scope seer Paranoia tonight, and trade NEXT night if he seers as good (let's hope the half-gnome was the only thrall), while the shield owner possibly protects Paranoia.

    Why possibly? Well, here's my analysis...who DOES have the shield? I think it's clear that whoever stole the shield on night 1 was a good guy. They targeted Ardor more or less randomly with their thief ability, got the shield, and deduced correctly that Ardor was a good guy. Since Ardor was the only person they knew for sure was good, they protected him. Simple. It's unclear why they didn't PM Ardor, though; it seems like an obvious move. (I'm assuming Ardor is telling the truth. It's not clear that gnomes can target their kills, and even if they could, it's difficult to explain how Ardor could have known that he'd be protected by the shield on only the second night...not enough time for gnomes to acquire the shield unless the gnomes have a thief special.)

    So a goodie had the shield last night. There's now three possibilities, as I see it:

    1) Serpent had the shield. This is likelier that it would seem, because we know Serpent had the magnet, and therefore had the capability to steal it. This is the worst situation for us, because now the gnomes have the shield. Not much we can do about this case. Let's hope it didn't happen.

    2) A goodie still has the shield. Either the same one that had it last night, or stolen by another goodie. In this very likely case, the person with the shield should protect Ardor again, and PM him because he's our only almost-confirmed innocent. If the seer then also talks with Ardor, we have a network.

    3) The shield was stolen by a baddie last night. Very unlikely, for the same reason I trust Ardor. Just wanted to be complete.

    If you had the shield last night, but it was stolen from you, even if you don't know by whom, you should publically announce it unless you have a reason I don't know about. If multiple people announce, then hey, one is lying and we'll kill you all until the gnome dies.

    I do think the shield is of more value on Ardor than on Paranoia because I trust Ardor more. Sorry, Paranoia.

    Anyone care to point out flaws in my analysis?

    Lignisse on
Sign In or Register to comment.