As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Lost [Phalla] - GAME OVER - LEGION VICTORY! - OCCUPANT VICTORY!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    You want to leaven it a bit with telling me what was odd about me voting for a mafia member?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    You want to leaven it a bit with telling me what was odd about me voting for a mafia member?
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Those are my reads after going back over the thread. We've had a few great days of interesting voting. Look how yesterday's vote history shakes out (Gizzy has an awesome one here). v_w abstains from jumping on Gizzy (the best competing wagon) until Bluecyan gives them an out (30 minutes after BC switches from v_w to Gizzy, tying them at 2). Then Auralynx jumps on v_w 15 minutes later, and v_w follows up with a vote for Gizzy 15 minutes after that - and Gizzy returns the favor at 6pm, just pushing v_w back into the lead. Why the reluctance to vote Gizzy? ...of course, that may not track since v_w happily voted Matev on days 2 & 3.
    The sequence of events there are incredibly strange. v_w is around, but doesn't vote Gizzy - instead, he waits for Bluecyan to switch and for you to vote for him. Then he votes Gizzy, and Gizzy follows up on him.

Gizzy wasn't, like, super confirmed village or anything, so why doesn't v_w make a push on Gizzy? Why does he wait for Bluecyan to switch and for you to vote? It looks like a coordinated effort to get you and Gizzy voting on v_w, without getting Gizzy in the lead. Bluecyan even switches off Gizzy later, because his goal "requires a certain number of you people alive, can't have you getting killed for something silly like tieing a vote."

The whole thing reads like a coordinated effort.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Those are my reads after going back over the thread. We've had a few great days of interesting voting. Look how yesterday's vote history shakes out (Gizzy has an awesome one here). v_w abstains from jumping on Gizzy (the best competing wagon) until Bluecyan gives them an out (30 minutes after BC switches from v_w to Gizzy, tying them at 2). Then Auralynx jumps on v_w 15 minutes later, and v_w follows up with a vote for Gizzy 15 minutes after that - and Gizzy returns the favor at 6pm, just pushing v_w back into the lead. Why the reluctance to vote Gizzy? ...of course, that may not track since v_w happily voted Matev on days 2 & 3.
    The sequence of events there are incredibly strange. v_w is around, but doesn't vote Gizzy - instead, he waits for Bluecyan to switch and for you to vote for him. Then he votes Gizzy, and Gizzy follows up on him.

Gizzy wasn't, like, super confirmed village or anything, so why doesn't v_w make a push on Gizzy? Why does he wait for Bluecyan to switch and for you to vote? It looks like a coordinated effort to get you and Gizzy voting on v_w, without getting Gizzy in the lead. Bluecyan even switches off Gizzy later, because his goal "requires a certain number of you people alive, can't have you getting killed for something silly like tieing a vote."

So you'd prefer to assume a machiavellian game, played primarily by me, where I repeatedly voted for and sacrificed the entire rest of the mafia, rather than, say, that VW didn't become concerned until I kept the wagon on them building after Blue switched?

E: Like, honestly, what is this thing the Network's doing where a different one of you decides to confront me day after day? Are you hoping that if you ask more times I'll become mafia?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Wait, are we actually playing Battlestar Galactica?!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Hey, here's an idea @Bluecyan @premium wherever you are.
    You could try taking Bluecyan through a Reset and see if that doesn't kill him.
    If the more obvious solution doesn't work that is.

discrider on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I am home now ~

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Took a sick thief's coat from Wildcat last night.
    I know i had to steal to discover it, but it feels like a sneaky item a mafia might start with.
    @Wildcat
    You take it from anyone?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Nope.

• Options
    My impressions list from yesterday hasn't shifted. Here's the link
    My mafia list includes Sir Fab and Premium, with Auralynx & Bluecyan as being in fuzzy territory.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ive re-read the entire thread and I think SaberOverEasy is a threat to the village.

I think they lucked into a situation where chamberlain contacted them with the gun kill and have been using that association to appear village.

I also think based on their style of posting that that they knew who was mafia and who wasn't mafia and carefully chose name drops ahead of time to appear village.

Lastly, I think they are very intelligent and are apple to talk their way out of danger if given the chance. I don't think I could win a debate against saber, but I have a very good record for voting out mafia this game and so I ask that the remaining villagers trust me.

• Options

So you'd prefer to assume a machiavellian game, played primarily by me, where I repeatedly voted for and sacrificed the entire rest of the mafia, rather than, say, that VW didn't become concerned until I kept the wagon on them building after Blue switched?

E: Like, honestly, what is this thing the Network's doing where a different one of you decides to confront me day after day? Are you hoping that if you ask more times I'll become mafia?
    ...I mean, yes? I would prefer a Machiavellian game, and if you're playing it that means you're an awesome, shadowy mastermind manipulating events from behind the scenes.

Are there conversions in this game?

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Ive re-read the entire thread and I think [color]SaberOverEasy[/color] is a threat to the village.

I think they lucked into a situation where chamberlain contacted them with the gun kill and have been using that association to appear village.

I also think based on their style of posting that that they knew who was mafia and who wasn't mafia and carefully chose name drops ahead of time to appear village.

Lastly, I think they are very intelligent and are apple to talk their way out of danger if given the chance. I don't think I could win a debate against saber, but I have a very good record for voting out mafia this game and so I ask that the remaining villagers trust me.

Eh.
    I'd somewhat buy into it, but SOE put too much effort into catching RU last night.

• Options
    ... yeah, re: saber - this post is a good post that leans me village on him: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/39729638/#Comment_39729638

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    @Bedlam I’m a little flattered that you think I’m that good.

I’m really not.

You’ve been on point so far this game, but you’re getting too far into your head right now. If I really was the last mafia, there’s no way in the world last night goes down like it did. I know I can’t cobvine you, but talk to the other people you trust.

• Options
    Also, Auralynx is clearly the last mafia.

He and Romantic Undead clearly tried to swing a vote into Sir Fab yesterday. He’s claiming a neutral role and did all the analysis to lead RU to target chamberlain when he did.

• Options
    Took a sick thief's coat from Wildcat last night.
    I know i had to steal to discover it, but it feels like a sneaky item a mafia might start with.
    @Wildcat
    You take it from anyone?

Virgil, wildcat was the second vote On the VW wagon when he was finally voted off. Unless I’m think that th enraging decdied to abandon him before anybhad really voted, I’m pretty sure Wildcat is in the clear.

• Options
    Look also at my first day vote and subsequent votes too, please.

• Options
    edited June 2018

He and Romantic Undead clearly tried to swing a vote into Sir Fab yesterday. He’s claiming a neutral role and did all the analysis to lead RU to target chamberlain when he did.

roflmao

I mean, seriously, are you just mad that I did a better job than you did?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

Are there conversions in this game?

Clarification Den---- you know what, it's Day 7.

No, there are no conversions.

• Options

roflmao

At what exactly?

• Options
    edited June 2018

roflmao

At what exactly?

Analysis, apparently, since I've been helping you guys find mafia every step of the way and you're still voting me out.

Actually, that's unfair to jdark. Find and vote out.

Auralynx on
  • Options

roflmao

At what exactly?

Analysis, apparently, since I've been helping you guys find mafia every step of the way and you're still voting me out.

What analysis exactly have you “helped us out” with?

• Options
    Because from where I’m sitting, you stopped us from rezzing someone on day 2, told Romantic Undead that chamberlain had the gun, and tried to lead a wagon on a villager last night with someone we know is mafia.

But please, point me to your analysis.

• Options

roflmao

At what exactly?

You've been privy to literally everything I know about every action in the game for days, including the conclusion about Chamberlain. This now means I'm the bad guy, somehow.

jdark's over there imagining I was doing anything other than voting for who I thought was mafia as part of, for reasons I can't fathom.

Straight up: the village has held all the cards since jdark fingered moridin, which is clear from the actions, and you guys are only frustrated because of the absence of a true Seer, so you're grasping at straws most of which I handed you.

• Options

roflmao

At what exactly?

You've been privy to literally everything I know about every action in the game for days, including the conclusion about Chamberlain. This now means I'm the bad guy, somehow.

jdark's over there imagining I was doing anything other than voting for who I thought was mafia as part of, for reasons I can't fathom.

Straight up: the village has held all the cards since jdark fingered moridin, which is clear from the actions, and you guys are only frustrated because of the absence of a true Seer, so you're grasping at straws most of which I handed you.

That’s both objective false and somewhat insulting to the villagers who have worked hard to put things together. You have certainly been A source of information, but far from the only one. Plenty of other people have given information about their actions and Blue was MUCH more forthcoming than you ever were with information.

But you’re getting more desperate now, because you have to. I get it, if we vote you out, that’s the game for you. I expect you to play hard in that situation.

• Options
    edited June 2018

roflmao

At what exactly?

That’s both objective false and somewhat insulting to the villagers who have worked hard to put things together. You have certainly been A source of information, but far from the only one. Plenty of other people have given information about their actions and Blue was MUCH more forthcoming than you ever were with information.

But you’re getting more desperate now, because you have to. I get it, if we vote you out, that’s the game for you. I expect you to play hard in that situation.

Nah, literally everything you guys have thrown at me since I fessed up has just plain been wrong, and I'm annoyed by it, because as you acknowledge, I got a long way with a little. Apparently I wasn't the only one, either, since I haven't communicated with RU whatsoever all game.

So frankly, I'm kind of hoping Bedlam's right and you're the last mafia, Saber.

E: there's also the part where I've been stuck for a week now with an unbelievably difficult win condition in a game where the mafia had nothing going for it either.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    didn't want to interject .. but looked at the time and dinner's ready .. sooooo here's a vote count

6 Auralynx - Jdark (4), SaberoverEasy (7), Gizzy (10), SirFab (11), Wildcat (12), Discrider (13)
    1 Sir Fab - Premium (1), Gizzy (3), Discrider (8), Auralynx (9)
    1 Wildcat - Virgil (5)
    1 SaberOverEasy - Bedlam (6)
    0 Gizzy - SirFab (2)

Gizzy on
  • Options
    Ive re-read the entire thread and I think SaberOverEasy is a threat to the village.

Yesterday, SOE and I had a long and drawn-out discussion on who we thought the last mafia were. I was convinced it was Auralynx and Gizzy. SOE laid out a real convincing argument that RU definitely was mafia, and possibly Auralynx. It's pretty clear who won the argument, and lost the vote; and RU died red. There's no reason to spend time convincing people that RU is mafia if he's also mafia; SOE could have just been "swayed" by my argument, and we could have voted for Auralynx or Gizzy.

> they knew who was mafia and who wasn't mafia and carefully chose name drops ahead of time to appear village
    Could you elaborate a bit on what the end game of SOE would be in this case?

• Options
    I am always right
    Sir Fab

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    I am always right
    Sir Fab
    Then we're in trouble, because that would mean Auralynx, Bedlam, Sir Fabulous, and Virgil_Leads_You are mafia too :lol:

• Options
    Funny that you guys say that Saber finger Romantic when publicly Saber says that he thinks Romantic is misguided village.

• Options
    If I can make the case for Sir Fab being a villager real quick:

Sir Fab stole the eye from Romantic Undead (mafia). Now, that might have been a mafia transfer, except when I talked to Romantic Undead yesterday, he TOLD me Sir Fab has taken it.

If Sir Fab was mafia, there’s no way RU tell me he has the eye.

Similarly, RU was eager to jump on Sir Fab’s wagon yesterday (along with Aura). Sir Fab has been inactive, but I don’t think he’s mafia.

• Options
    Sir fab stole the eye from Romantic Undead.

• Options
    Sir Fab seems to be my only bet here.

• Options
    Funny that you guys say that Saber finger Romantic when publicly Saber says that he thinks Romantic is misguided village.

Bedlam, you are literally in a group PM where I spent yesterday talking about how I caught RU in a lie on his actions and that I think he’s mafia.

• Options
    To be fair, SOE has been positing RU's potential mafianess to me for a day or so as well. Not that that's proof, obv.

• Options
    I guess Auralynx then

• Options

Sir Fab stole the eye from Romantic Undead (mafia). Now, that might have been a mafia transfer, except when I talked to Romantic Undead yesterday, he TOLD me Sir Fab has taken it.

Similarly, RU was eager to jump on Sir Fab’s wagon yesterday (along with Aura). Sir Fab has been inactive, but I don’t think he’s mafia.

Clearly a mafia ruse to gain your trust.

• Options

Clearly a mafia ruse to gain your trust.

• Options
    Argh, there are two or three good arguments floating around here. Auralynx is more convincing to me, but my early streak of mafia-sniffing prowess has deserted me. Plus, I reckon that ties the vote again.