As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dogs and Cats living together in the [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh god the Monkey paw! It worked!

Oh God this turkey is dry too!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    How would you go about carefully curating your twitter feed so that it's only cute and/or funny animal stuff? I think that would be the only reason I'd "get into" twitter.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    How would you go about carefully curating your twitter feed so that it's only cute and/or funny animal stuff? I think that would be the only reason I'd "get into" twitter.

It wouldn't be too hard. There are PLENTY of accounts that do cute animals and only cute animals.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    One of the secretaries at my work emailed asking if anyone wants to adopt a blind kitten, and @Janson and I’s hearts both broke. We may adopt it if no one else wants to!

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    One of the secretaries at my work emailed asking if anyone wants to adopt a blind kitten, and @Janson and I’s hearts both broke. We may adopt it if no one else wants to!

https://youtu.be/E6Ph2OqOkGc

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my childhood cat went blind but did really well until we moved the furniture. We had to move it back, because she didn't get the new set up and kept bumping into things and trying to jump onto stuff that was placed differently

Her name was Missy and she was the best cat a little kid could ask for. She'd let my sister and I drag her around, and put her in forts we built and she'd wear a costume on Halloween and she loved snuggles

This is the cat, and I've definitely told this story before, but this is the cat that, when I had Bacterial Meningitis at... 6? I had to keep my IV in after I got home, and a guy would come to switch them out

it hurt, and it would make me cry, and Missy climbed onto my lap, hissing and swiping at this poor dude just trying to do his job, 'cause she was protecting me

oops now I'm crying

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Okay I guess we're gonna adopt the little guy. Just need to work out times and stuff with the vet.

• Options
    Name him Murdoch

• Options
    I was thinking Zatoichi, actually

Or Godot, but Godot has less potential for cutesy offshoot nicknames

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Godoodles.

Godammit cat!

GoDaddy.

I lost the thread.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    just standing with a door open, waiting for godot.......

• Options
    I do like the idea of cats with people names

like, this is my cat, Jimmy

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yes same

I especially like when cats have Mom Names

i.e. "this is my cat, her name is Linda"

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    my cat's name is gracey. she's a little gramma. she's only 2 (or so) but she sounds like she's been smoking for 45 years and retired from a machine shop or something.

"gracey, want a treat?"

"mecgh."

"treat?"

"weeeegggh."

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my current cats are named

Alan (my Familiar. He's always either near or on me, and he sleeps with me. It's the best, he knows when it's nap/bedtime and he gets all excited and goes to the stairs to wait for me)
    Klaus (big fluffy Russian Blue and total dummy)
    and Thor (needy little guy with a lot of extra skin. Is that a cat thing?).

until recently, we had Bob, but he went on up to the cardboard box in the sky. The vet gave us his ashes in a little wooden box with his name on a plate on the top, and we keep it and his collar where his favorite nap spot was.

if ghosts are real, I hope cat ghosts are real too, because I'd like to think that my gone buddies are not gone, but they're just spooking around.
    my cat's name is gracey. she's a little gramma. she's only 2 (or so) but she sounds like she's been smoking for 45 years and retired from a machine shop or something.

"gracey, want a treat?"

"mecgh."

"treat?"

"weeeegggh."

That's how Bob was, he didn't meow at you, he yelled like an old man, or Waluigi.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    yes same

I especially like when cats have Mom Names

i.e. "this is my cat, her name is Linda"

Aww my little kittyclone

Lin

We could wear the same glasses

Oh my god.

• Options
    any time i hear the name linda i automatically go to psychonauts

"you may call me.... linnnddddaaaaaaaaa"

that's deep in the ol' noodle, that one.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Cats & Dogs should have people names.
    Smaller critters should have non-people names.
    Horses should be named by an 11-year-old girl.

These are the rules by which I live my life.

• Options
    food names are good for everyone, especially if a little kid picked the food name. dogs named lettuce? fantastic. a hamster named pancake? superb.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Once we confirm with the vet that we can adopt the kitten we’ll have to have a name poll!

The unknown factor is our current two cats. They’re great with kids but we haven’t really tested them with other cats. For a while they coexisted with Mori’s parents’ cat, but we mainly had the cats confined to our rooms at that time.

Still, we’d get a pen for the kitten and would slowly introduce them. Sounds like the key thing with blind cats is keeping things in the same location.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    food names are good for everyone, especially if a little kid picked the food name. dogs named lettuce? fantastic. a hamster named pancake? superb.

This is true. Pickles is a good name for any kind of pet.

• Options
    Our first dog, rescued from a family too lazy to exercise her, was called Crispy

We kept her name since she knew it, but it was always an embarrassing name

My mom’s name is Tess and the main reason she hates it is because Tess is a really popular name for dogs

Our family’s first cat was named Maigret Inky Napoleon Treacle, or MINT-y.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my dad has a compulsion to give all things he loves a stupid nickname

which is why, when I was a kid, we had a cat whose official name was Hazel, but in reality was called Tater Rat, for reasons that only my father could begin to explain

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Two of our cats have people names, Jack and Lita. One started with a people last name, Gibbs, but it has morphed into Giblet over the years.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    my childhood cat went blind but did really well until we moved the furniture. We had to move it back, because she didn't get the new set up and kept bumping into things and trying to jump onto stuff that was placed differently

Her name was Missy and she was the best cat a little kid could ask for. She'd let my sister and I drag her around, and put her in forts we built and she'd wear a costume on Halloween and she loved snuggles

This is the cat, and I've definitely told this story before, but this is the cat that, when I had Bacterial Meningitis at... 6? I had to keep my IV in after I got home, and a guy would come to switch them out

it hurt, and it would make me cry, and Missy climbed onto my lap, hissing and swiping at this poor dude just trying to do his job, 'cause she was protecting me

oops now I'm crying

You're not crying, I'm crying. This is such a sweet story.

I would 100% care for all the troubled kitties everywhere, but I have no idea how to handle a blind one. I guess they mostly get by on their own, for the most part, but of course they'll need a little assistance from time to time.

I'm reminded that I still need to take a video of Moogle playing with a bubble wand we got because my goodness, the noises she makes.

On the topic of names, it's pretty obvious to most video game nerds where our cat names came from (Vivi and Moogle), but the vet nurses love Moogle's name in particular because they think it's so cute.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    Our first dog, rescued from a family too lazy to exercise her, was called Crispy

My mom’s name is Tess and the main reason she hates it is because Tess is a really popular name for dogs

They.
    They were gonna eat that dog werent they?

• Options
    Bit of a bad choice if so, she was a skinny little terrier-cross breed. Not much meat on her!

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    my dad has a compulsion to give all things he loves a stupid nickname

which is why, when I was a kid, we had a cat whose official name was Hazel, but in reality was called Tater Rat, for reasons that only my father could begin to explain

My dad does the same thing

We adopted this weird little skinny cat that was bottle-fed and never ever taught by another cat how to clean itself properly, so she was always getting her fur stuck in her mouth and was just kind of unkempt. She was a sweet little thing but BOY was she dumb. Her name at the vet's was Poppy, but my dad called her Scrawno, and that stuck.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My last cat was formally named Butt Cat, but when we took her to the vet we claimed her name was Harriet.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Also we currently have like 3-4 cat names being considered for this lil' blind boy.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh, and I once named a cat Adrian because it was really fun to call her in at night.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

They.
    They were gonna eat that dog werent they?
    Bit of a bad choice if so, she was a skinny little terrier-cross breed. Not much meat on her!

Do you think she liked crisps?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what is the
    no one:

meme about

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    no one:

knows

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I think it's meant to be "No one wanted to know, asked to know, or showed any signs of interest, but [this person/object/concept] had to do/say the thing anyway"

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I was thinking Zatoichi, actually

this is very good, I vote for this.

Also blind kitties are lovely.
    https://youtu.be/lNpeTCEPrRk

This discussion has been closed.