As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

*snip*

Elliott Kalan is a very smart man making me feel a little better on this stupid day

About half-way through I started hearing this as if it was being spoken by the president from ID4.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I’m mentally projecting Elliot over Bill Pullman and it’s pretty great.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    That funny "Which Releases First" question the Bombcast got is really tough, but I'd guess:

1) Cyberpunk- it was playable at E3 and CD Projekt Red actually seems to be on top of things.
    2) Shenmue 3- Sega will get that out regardless of the quality.
    3) Death Stranding- in the middle because of the other two...
    4) FF7 Remake- that game comes out midway through PS5 and XBox 2's lifespans. Not this gen.
    5) Beyond Good and Evil 2- that game was "announced" in 2008 then was dead for nine years and it still very early.

1) Shenmue 3 - I feel like this is the game most likely to have the devs go "Good enough" and release it rather than it stew in development hell for eternity. Also out of all those games it's the only one with a (currently) 2018 release date
    2) Cyberpunk - This was an either/or with Death Stranding, but I went with Cyberpunk as CD Project Red actually has games under their belt while this is still Kojima Productions first game as a studio. Also the behind closed doors presentation sounds deeper than what they showed for Death Stranding on Sony's stage.
    3) Death Stranding - See Above
    4) FF7 Remake - This is the hardest to place because I'm not sure if they're still doing episodic or what. If they are, then it's going to take roughly 20 billion years before we see the full game, though the first ep we might see before Death Stranding/Cyberpunk, but I doubt it.
    5) Beyond Good and Evil 2 - I have a feeling this game will never come out. It sounds more like a crazy tech demo than a game right now, and if they're having to crowdsource content, that doesn't give me hope that the studio has the capabilities to fill that tech demo with game.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    you guys. a friend of mine is going to be reffing at a local wrestling show this weekend and I really want to go but I have to move.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Also juggalos popped up on my news feed recently because apparently their dumb clown makeup fools facial recognition systems

So every dystopian future gang with clown makeup suddenly retroactively makes perfect sense

Clown makeup AND cyberpunk style.

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/wnz3ww/how-to-style-yourself-to-fool-the-machines

I think about CV Dazzle on average once a day

• Options
    Also my Hot FF7 Predictions

I suspect they dropped or will drop the episodic plan because it's cycled back out of favor again (See: Hitman 2), it 100% won't release this console cycle, and actual for reals development probably hasn't even been started yet after they yanked the project from CC2, it probably dropped back into pre-production if I had to take a wild shot at it

I'm thinking 2024-25 timeframe

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I've been listening to All Systems Goku as I drive to and from work and it's great

I...wish Dan wouldn't pronounce it Frizza, but aside from that

It's a lot of fun to hear these two dudes be real enthused about the show and have guesses about where it goes (especially considering every single plot point has been engrained into my memory since it originally aired; having people approach it like a thing where they can even discuss what they think could happen is novel)

It's a nice change!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Is Jeff and Dan's panel tomorrow being streamed?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

yeah

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    What's depressing for me about Beyond Good & Evil 2 is that the more they talk about it, the less I actually feel excited about it. It feels like it's abandoning everything that made the first game so magical.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    It's definitely a completely different thing from every angle

But I'm still somewhat excited about it because what they're going for with it sounds interesting to me, even if it doesn't really feel like they're making a sequel to BG&E

Maddoc on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

115c531b046507f449aa88209783acee.png

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options

But I'm still somewhat excited about it because what they're going for with it sounds interesting to me, even if it doesn't really feel like they're making a sequel to BG&E

well, they're not. they're making a prequel to BG&E 8-)

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Then why is it Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Checkmate, atheists.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    it was a prequel last year

this year it's a sequel

next year i expect it to be a re-imagining of the original game

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

the latest CGI trailer thing from E3 had adult Jade show up at the end so its prequel status is now in question, I think they might have just changed it to not-a-prequel based on feedback on the first CGI trailer thing from last year's E3.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey I started playing Torment: Tides of Numenara
    There was some buzz about it here when it came out but it faded pretty fast, anyone really dig it?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    There was some buzz about it here when it came out but it faded pretty fast, anyone really dig it?

It's pretty good IMO. Very well-written.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I really, really liked it, but had to be in a pretty specific mood to play it

It ain't exactly a "pick it up for an hour after work" kinda deal

But it had some of the most imaginative writing I've seen in a video game. Bold, clever, thought-provoking stuff.

Also one of the companion stories is my favorite companion story of any RPG, ever, bar none

• Options
    edited July 2018

the latest CGI trailer thing from E3 had adult Jade show up at the end so its prequel status is now in question, I think they might have just changed it to not-a-prequel based on feedback on the first CGI trailer thing from last year's E3.

I thought they specifically said out-loud that it was "a young Jade"

Well, either way, it isn't like the messaging on BG&E2 has been consistent or coherent so far

THESPOOKY on
  • Options
    I don't remember them specifically calling her out as "a young jade" but also I don't know how pre-BG&E1 Jade could be out in space doing shit since I thought she had spent her whole life up to the point of BG&E1 around that orphanage? Did she moonlight as a space dreadnought captain on the side while she was being an orphan who was into photography?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Time travel.

• Options
    I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Clones, maybe?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Vague half-remembered BG&E1 ending spoilers
    Didn't the weird final boss hint at knowing you already, like it had something to do with your parents or past that came out of nowhere? Maybe this is still a prequel and that thing shows up and we get a fun and original never-been-done before amnesia plot for Jade

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Beyond Good and Evil feels like it's gone so completely off the rails multiple times that I doubt it has anything whatsoever in common with the first game at this point

The name feels like a legacy thing at this point, like this was some other project they bolted it onto because nothing was happening with it before

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    BG&E2 looks like Ubisoft speculating on what 'next-gen' games might look like. Much like they did with the AC1 and Watch Dogs 1 reveals.

I doubt we see anything resembling a finished game until a year after PS5/Xbox whatever are out.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    oh man

they're punching up Teenage Dirtbag this week

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    UNPUNCHABLE, NEXT JAM

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    UNPUNCHABLE, NEXT JAM

well as of minute 40 they've deemed it "incel fantasy rock" so, y'know

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    UNPUNCHABLE, NEXT JAM

well as of minute 40 they've deemed it "incel fantasy rock" so, y'know

I mean... They're not wrong. But oof.

I haven't listened to the episode yet I'm just running through the lyrics in my head, and wow the "she doesn't know what she's missing" line has aged incredibly poorly hasn't it. Not that it wasn't awful in two thousand and whenever this song came out.

I mean I'm probably like well over a decade late to this but it's probably about time to just throw every single bit of jocks Vs nerds media ever made in the bin huh?

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah, my instant reaction was 'oh, come one, that's unfair' and then 5 seconds later 'oh, wait'.

I do think it's an "uncharitable" read, but the song definitely shares loads of traits with a lot of current bullshit. Which, of course, isn't current at all.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Then why is it Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Checkmate, atheists.

Except the E3 trailer clearly indicates it's a sequel now.

I see we've covered this! Good job, everyone.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Obviously Beyond Good and Evil 2 starts before the first game and ends after it, it's a 358/2 Days/Chain of Memories situation

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Obviously Beyond Good and Evil 2 starts before the first game and ends after it, it's a 358/2 Days/Chain of Memories situation

So those are Ejxda and J'pexy, then?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular

So those are Ajxda and J'pexy, then?

I don't know anything about Beyond Good and Evil but yes absolutely

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    All we can know for sure is Beyond Good and Evil 2 takes place after absolute morality.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    All we can know for sure is Beyond Good and Evil 2 takes place after absolute morality.

but before Zarathustra spoke.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure I’ve heard Teenage Dirtbag, or if I have I haven’t paid attention to it, by there were some decisions made when producing that song, huh?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I had never heard it until this episode but if I did back in 2000 when it came out I guarantee I would’ve loved it.

This discussion has been closed.