Options

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I didn't lie much as a kid

It led to be playing a long con, getting the reputation as the honest one in my family

This con paid off in dividends when it came time to have premarital sex and hide it from my parents

this kid thinks he can call out his con and claim sex is real in the same post?? yeah, okay. right.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I wasn't a coward, so I had premarital sex right in front of my parents

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I lied a bunch, mostly to parents and teachers to get out of doing work

I've told these in various forms but my biggest one was when we had a quarter-long poetry assignment that I put off till the last night and panicked. When I was going through my backpack to see if there were any poems I did and forgot I found 2 half full Dr. Pepper bottles and got an idea. I had just gotten a new backpack so I filled the old one with scrap paper and old folders and books and dunked it in the sink, filled with Dr. Pepper overnight. I showed it to the teacher and said one of the folders was my poetry folder and that they exploded in my bag when I left them in my dad's car. Got a two week extension.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I didn't lie much as a kid

It led to be playing a long con, getting the reputation as the honest one in my family

This con paid off in dividends when it came time to have premarital sex and hide it from my parents

this kid thinks he can call out his con and claim sex is real in the same post?? yeah, okay. right.

The con's still on, baybee B)

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I never lied, but no one ever believed me :(

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    the biggest lie-related story, hole-riddled as it is, that I can remember from elementary school was a minor event where something had happened directly before recess, who even knows what it was; it was some minor infraction with a mystery culprit. and the teacher held the class up, looking for people to snitch, or confess? It'd help if I knew what happened. but the important part is that as a kid finally confessed to being sorry, or to knowing what happened, or to cheating on the test, and she said "that's one honest engine," and then they got to go out to recess. and then she turned back to the class at large and said "any other honest engines?" and this just repeated itself. and the kids were lookin around like "well, shit. I guess, I did it too" and then they were honest engines. this went through the entire class. I remember not wanting to raise my hand, because I didn't do anything wrong, but if you didn't raise your hand you didn't get to go play. also, you weren't an honest engine! I don't remember what I did.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

No parent should have to learn their child's fuckstyle.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    who said the child was the teacher

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    the biggest lie-related story, hole-riddled as it is, that I can remember from elementary school was a minor event where something had happened directly before recess, who even knows what it was; it was some minor infraction with a mystery culprit. and the teacher held the class up, looking for people to snitch, or confess? It'd help if I knew what happened. but the important part is that as a kid finally confessed to being sorry, or to knowing what happened, or to cheating on the test, and she said "that's one honest engine," and then they got to go out to recess. and then she turned back to the class at large and said "any other honest engines?" and this just repeated itself. and the kids were lookin around like "well, shit. I guess, I did it too" and then they were honest engines. this went through the entire class. I remember not wanting to raise my hand, because I didn't do anything wrong, but if you didn't raise your hand you didn't get to go play. also, you weren't an honest engine! I don't remember what I did.

damn this is fucked up

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

o8rpai4l0hlq.jpg

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I want to disappoint my dad in every possible way

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

o8rpai4l0hlq.jpg

I want you to know that this scene specifically was going through my head when I typed that response.

A+

• Options
    That image is 230x400px and somehow that makes it better

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular

damn this is fucked up

I’ve only ever heard this as Honest Injun, so even more terrible!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I distinctly remember getting in an argument that the ghost stories in this book were real, obviously, because it said they were true right on the fucking cover

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    fuuuuuuuck doctors

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    damn racial slurs and teaching kids to confess to crimes they didn't commit, what a lesson

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The Digimon anime is leagues better than the Pokemon anime.

And yes I am factoring in Adventure 02

Sun and Moon tips it back towards Pokemon but I would have agreed up until now

Yeah I'll give them credit, from all reports they're bringing it right now

The only thing I know about the Sun&Moon season is Brock gets to come back for a bit and when he gets serious and mega-evolves his steelix he rips his shirt off.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Theodore Floosevelt is actually from the Cars universe.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    The Digimon anime is leagues better than the Pokemon anime.

And yes I am factoring in Adventure 02

Sun and Moon tips it back towards Pokemon but I would have agreed up until now

Yeah I'll give them credit, from all reports they're bringing it right now

The only thing I know about the Sun&Moon season is Brock gets to come back for a bit and when he gets serious and mega-evolves his steelix he rips his shirt off.

Well yeah it makes sense he'd mega evolve himself too

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

damn this is fucked up

you know i never even thought about it. it was my first school year in the states and I don't think i was aware of the word, i just heard it and was like "damn I want to be a tank engine"

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

damn this is fucked up

you know i never even thought about it. it was my first school year in the states and I don't think i was aware of the word, i just heard it and was like "damn I want to be a tank engine"

Can't blame you

Thomas seems like he's got a good thing going

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The thing that makes sun and moon work is that they've invested into the animation in a way that lends itself to how extremely overdone every reaction and scene already was in pokemon

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I never lied, but no one ever believed me :(

yeah right

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    this dollop makes me want to visit a cave!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

WHY

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

WHY

It's cool, I'll just wear slip off shoes and I'll be fine

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Looks like Patrick Klepek shook another hornets nest of dirtbags. He seems to be very good at doing that, which I appreciate.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Looks like Patrick Klepek shook another hornets nest of dirtbags. He seems to be very good at doing that, which I appreciate.

For context (I highly recommend reading his article, btw):

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    well I don't want to die in a cave. I want to visit one of them... nice caves for tourists?

I dunno. I've never been in a cave before

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options

It's seriously wild how many replies to this are "no it's not racist because he said it wasn't about race"

Like, wow. Way to let the world know everything they need to know about you

Steam ID
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    well I don't want to die in a cave. I want to visit one of them... nice caves for tourists?

I dunno. I've never been in a cave before

caves are cool

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    God, the names in this Newsie Strike episode.

Henry Butler... AKA Major Butts.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    God, the names in this Newsie Strike episode.

Henry Butler... AKA Major Butts.

It's the best

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ben's death mask facial expression during the Sonic Fighters segment of the latest Ranking of Fighters is very pleasing to me

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I am very in love with the idea of spelunking and exploration until my crippling claustrophobia kicks in.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

It's seriously wild how many replies to this are "no it's not racist because he said it wasn't about race"

Like, wow. Way to let the world know everything they need to know about you

I despise how so many people have been convinced that being called out over this has anything to do with freedom of speech.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    all the responses to patrick klepek's tweets make me want to walk into the goddamn ocean

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Those are the people that preface comments with "I'm not racist but"

• Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    all the responses to patrick klepek's tweets make me want to walk into the goddamn ocean

Lots of dirtbags follow the dude just so they can freak out whenever he brings attention to their dirtbagginess

Steam ID
This discussion has been closed.