Options

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    wanting to talk about stuff which I have no personal experience with and only relaying interesting opinions i've heard other people express is a whole other problem that i have

we talked a lot about elaborate fake easter eggs, or even a star wars episode 2 game that never existed, but was based upon that episode one game i had on the pc

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I remember all the crap my friends and I would talk about all the super secret -alities we found in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

sexalities
    shitalities
    Noob Saibot's illegal fatality you could use to delete someone's cartridge

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Hieron 27
    She flinches a little, but looks into your eyes.
    “Little Bird, let her come.”
    (Ali just collapses into a giggling fit)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ah, the middle school rumors of nude codes in Tomb Raider

publicly dismissing them but then privately trying them for yourself, only to be disappointed

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I remember all the crap my friends and I would talk about all the super secret -alities we found in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

sexalities
    shitalities

I remember the rumors of Fuckalities

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Ah, the middle school rumors of nude codes in Tomb Raider

publicly dismissing them but then privately trying them for yourself, only to be disappointed
    Veldrin wrote: »

sexalities
    shitalities

Mew rumors were the big thing when I was in school in Texas.
    I remember putting a Magikarp named BILL'S PC into the Daycare and running around in circles for a very long time to level it to exactly level 24 only to be very disappointed.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    I was a goody two-shoes as a kid, so I didn't lie much. I do remember one embarrassing moment in elementary school where the cool kids were talking about Ghost Rider and I thought they were talking about Ghostwriter, the PBS show, and gushed about the show with them only to discover the truth too late.

I had this exact experience.

I tried to get someone to check out Kamen Rider after talking with them about it for a while.

The next time I spoke to them, they said they couldn't find anything resembling what I'd described when searching for Common Writer.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I've been listening to the Bombcast way less lately but Jeff's take on the IGN stuff is really good if you wanna just hear some Rightous Fury

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    They’ve gotten all the way through the discography and not ONCE have Scott & Scott covered the question of how it feels to be in REM

IT FEELS GOOD

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The video that they're talking about in this week's Punch Up The Jam might honestly be too much for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w59e20ijOpE

• Options
    Oh my god its amazing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I love that video

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I was a goody two-shoes as a kid, so I didn't lie much. I do remember one embarrassing moment in elementary school where the cool kids were talking about Ghost Rider and I thought they were talking about Ghostwriter, the PBS show, and gushed about the show with them only to discover the truth too late.

I once had a really fucking heated argument about ghostwriter

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    2018 has given us a lot of garbage, but it's also given us Marilu Henner tweeting about Justin McElroy's vasectomy

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

Now that I'm at a keyboard I can elaborate:

They showed Ghostwriter on the BBC here, and there are rules on the BBC about Undue Prominence when it comes to logos and shit. This manifested in Ghostwriter because one of the kids was wearing a baseball cap with what I'm guessing was a Nike logo on it, and so the beeb had just straight blurred it out.

We're all watching fucken... Ghostwriter because life sucks when you're a kid, and someone goes "hey why is his hat blurry" and I said "it's because there's a logo on it and they can't show it due to BBC guidelines regarding undue prominence" and another kid looked at me like I was a fucking idiot and said "uh, no, it's because it's a clue and they're not showing it right now because if they did you'd be able to figure out the ending".

Which would be an incredibly fucking stupid way to write a mystery show god damn I never really calmed back down after this.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

They showed Ghostwriter on the BBC here, and there are rules on the BBC about Undue Prominence when it comes to logos and shit. This manifested in Ghostwriter because one of the kids was wearing a baseball cap with what I'm guessing was a Nike logo on it, and so the beeb had just straight blurred it out.

We're all watching fucken... Ghostwriter because life sucks when you're a kid, and someone goes "hey why is his hat blurry" and I said "it's because there's a logo on it and they can't show it due to BBC guidelines regarding undue prominence" and another kid looked at me like I was a fucking idiot and said "uh, no, it's because it's a clue and they're not showing it right now because if they did you'd be able to figure out the ending".

Which would be an incredibly fucking stupid way to write a mystery show god damn I never really calmed back down after this.

Oh I would have been so angry

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    what... what would the clue have been

"Hey have y'all seen my 'Steve Did It' hat?"

• Options
    That is, for the record, the second stupidest argument I had during my school days. The third involved James Bond, the first involved the novel Animal Farm by George Orwell.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

I almost ended a friendship with my best friend because my friend insisted that Digimon was a sequel to Pokemon and he would not admit he was wrong.

We were 13.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options

I almost ended a friendship because my friend insisted that Digimon was a sequel to Pokemon and he would not admit he was wrong.

We were 13.

Wowowow

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    what... what would the clue have been

"Hey have y'all seen my 'Steve Did It' hat?"

I had a lot of follow-up questions, the temerity of which which he was incredibly fucking indignant about

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    2018 has given us a lot of garbage, but it's also given us Marilu Henner tweeting about Justin McElroy's vasectomy

Oh, it's also given us Paul F. Tompkins tweeting catheter ads at Demi and Miel

Inevitable PFT PUtJ incoming?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

I almost ended a friendship because my friend insisted that Digimon was a sequel to Pokemon and he would not admit he was wrong.

We were 13.

That's the meanest thing anyone's ever said about Pokemon

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait I'm actually really intrigued by the idea of a mystery show that deliberately obfuscates the clues, so that you have to solve the mystery (as the audience member) by looking at the notably missing information

I guess that's essentially Sherlock Holmes stories though

• Options
    The Digimon anime is leagues better than the Pokemon anime.

And yes I am factoring in Adventure 02

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I remember a friend who's parents used to get him bootleg toys all the time

He had like, a purple and orange power ranger, a bunch of non-extant GI Joes, stuff like that

And for some reason he would always insist that those characters were totally real and in the show, I just hadn't seen those episodes

I know now it probably came out of a desire to legitimize his toys

But it made me so fucking mad

• Options

That's probably true

But Digimon is otherwise wack

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Sun and Moon tips it back towards Pokemon but I would have agreed up until now

• Options

Sun and Moon tips it back towards Pokemon but I would have agreed up until now

Yeah I'll give them credit, from all reports they're bringing it right now

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    When I was like, six or seven, like everyone else I knew one kid whose uncle worked at Sega and could tell us what was going to be in the new Sonic games.

Anyway, he said that for Sonic 4 they were going to paint Sonic black, give him a gun and rename him to Shadow The Hedgehog.

Which like

He wasn't wrong about anything particularly important.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    all of the positive buzz around the current season of the fucking pokemon anime of all things is wild to see

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    all of the positive buzz around the current season of the fucking pokemon anime of all things is wild to see

My wife and I watched 3 or 4 episodes for like 2 months and it rules

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    I dunno maybe that fucken guy had an uncle who worked at Sega

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Ive seen like 5 different anime youtubes talk up the the new pokemon anime and that is wiiiiiiiiiiild

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno maybe that fucken guy had an uncle who worked at Sega

Statistically speaking someone had to.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sega actually had a very controversial "No Uncles" hiring policy

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    One time I went into my kindergarten class and straight up told everyone that I was actually my twin brother, and that real me was at home watching cartoons. I tricked maybe 2 people, but not the teacher!!!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    I didn't lie much as a kid

It led to be playing a long con, getting the reputation as the honest one in my family

This con paid off in dividends when it came time to have premarital sex and hide it from my parents

This discussion has been closed.