As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Point Lebron?

PBJ?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Washinton traded Dwight Howard to Memphis who plan to waive him

hopefully that's that

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like Lebron at point. He's always been an elite playmaker and this will extend his career most likely.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    who's covering his man on defense though. lebron on pgs all day is going to be one tired ass lebron.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Lakers aren't going to actually play defense.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Washinton traded Dwight Howard to Memphis who plan to waive him

hopefully that's that

Wow - so he is just trade fodder at this point?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I almost think LeBron can defend guards better than forwards at this point. He'll get torched by the best in the league for sure but at least he won't get beat up.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    who's covering his man on defense though. lebron on pgs all day is going to be one tired ass lebron.

The idea is to use KCP, Avery Bradley, and the other guards to guard the PG spot, shifting Lebron down to SF on defense. It’s basically just getting around the pretense of having a PG when everyone knows Lebron is going to initiate the offense anyway.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    it's just so Kuzma can start at SF

LeBron on the court with two post monsters (AD/Boogie) and two wing snipers (Kuzma/Green) is a dream scenario for him

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If the Celtics don't make room for Tacko Fall on the roster I'm going to cry.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Tacko Fall sounds like a new menu item at Taco Bell.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Tacko Fall sounds like a new menu item at Taco Bell.

A nine foot tall burrito

• Options
    I'd like one Tacko Fall and a Bol Bol to go please.

• Options
    ::reads DRAYMOND blog on 538::

::takes back all praise of Russ’s production::

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Warriors are waiving Shaun Livingston

:sad:

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Robin Lopez is the craziest NBA player of all time

• Options
    Btw - that thread title ist genius.

• Options
    Amar'e Stoudemire told MSG Network on Tuesday that he can bring needed leadership to young NBA teams and still "has a lot of game left" as he attempts to return to the league.

Stoudemire, 36, appearing on MSG Network's "MSG 150," was asked what kind of pitch he is making to NBA teams.

"A lot of the teams have a lot of young players and a lot of players that can learn how to train, how to become professionals and how to become great basketball players. And leadership goes a long way with teams in order to get from a playoff team to a contending championship team," he said. "From that standpoint, I have a lot to offer. And also as a basketball player, I still have a lot of game left. I can help a team in any way they need."

He held a private workout for teams on Monday in Las Vegas and told MSG Network that 15 clubs attended.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'd be a-okay with the Knicks bringing STAT back on a vet minimum deal for one season (or one with a team option for a 2nd)

• Options
    Amar'e Stoudemire told MSG Network on Tuesday that he can bring needed leadership to young NBA teams and still "has a lot of game left" as he attempts to return to the league.

Stoudemire, 36, appearing on MSG Network's "MSG 150," was asked what kind of pitch he is making to NBA teams.

"A lot of the teams have a lot of young players and a lot of players that can learn how to train, how to become professionals and how to become great basketball players. And leadership goes a long way with teams in order to get from a playoff team to a contending championship team," he said. "From that standpoint, I have a lot to offer. And also as a basketball player, I still have a lot of game left. I can help a team in any way they need."

He held a private workout for teams on Monday in Las Vegas and told MSG Network that 15 clubs attended.

Wow! How the fuck are there 15 clubs checking in on Amare Stoudamire?????

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Monta Ellis was also at the workout

• Options

It's all the teams that signed players to max deals and have no cap room :P

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

doesn't cost much time to check.

• Options
    Funnily enough I found out yesterday, that Amare Stoudemire plays in Ice Cubes 3-vs-3 league.

https://big3.com/

There are a lot of former NBA players in that league. Gilbert Arenas, Joe Johnson, Stoudemire - down to really old players like Cuttino Mobley and Jermaine O'Neal.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The Knicks have to spend some of that cap somewhere

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
  • Options
    Harden is like god dammit I came here to get away from him.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Okc trying to draft the entire first round for half a decade.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie... It hurts to see Westbrook go.

But man am I looking forward to the absolute circus that is a Westbrook/Harden backcourt.

• Options
    I figured it out!

Houston is going to use 2 basketballs at once.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    This off season is fucking insane

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Haha eat shit Chris Paul.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Paul George to Chris Paul in two steps.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    This sounds bad, but it makes me kind of happy to know that CP3 will never, ever, ever win a ring.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think Russ or Harden will, either.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    ph blake wrote: »
    This off season is fucking insane

Easily the craziest offseason ever. Pretty much every single top like 25 player has either moved, paired up, been divorced, or otherwise are looking to next season as their chance

It's what, like, Jokic and KAT (who is super fucking pissed Dlo went to the Warriors I'm sure) who haven't had their situations radically change? I guess Beal isn't moving but I wouldn't put money that OKC or someone loaded with picks doesn't pull the trigger on that

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.