Options

Nonsense. [Love] is not private. Love is to be shared.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Goose! wrote: »
    Sarukun what if you just set the phone on a table, placed your finger on the screen, and swiped the phone right? Eh?
    That’s just crazy enough to work!
    Zonugal wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Upshot, nobody around to interrupt your epic dying monologue?

If there's nobody around then why even give the epic dying monologue!?!

*runs away to room*

Oh, sweetie, if you’re not the only opinion that matters then I’m not sure we even live on the same plane of existence.

Edit: love thread, the man sitting next to me on this train does not appear to know how to chew with his mouth closed and I don’t know if I can make it without doing a murder.

sarukun on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I've started texting a girl from tinder and it's actually kind of terrifying giving a stranger my number like what if they actually end up being a super murderer and hella damn murder me?

She's about 4 years younger the me which shouldn't be weird but... kinda seems a little weird?

Internet dating is bad and gross but I guess I'm gonna try and ride this out and see what happens.

The chances of her being a super murderer are real low, so you're probably fine.

On the offhand chance I'm wrong and you get future killed: I apologize in advance for playing down your fears of getting super murdered.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jugg, what kinda lamp do you think you'd make

• Options
    I’d like to be a lava lamp, if at all possible.

Men seriously seem to have no fucking idea about the public space they occupy. This motherfucker is over here trying to watch a video and he’s playing the volume at full fucking blast and I actually had to tell him to knock that shit off before he clued in to the fact that he was being a dick bag and might be taking up too much of this very fucking shared public space. He seemed genuinely surprised that this might possibly be an issue for someone.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Italian Housemate has moved out.

It is bliss.

I've potentially found a nice new place to move to in a month. My current landlord is surprised despite my warnings that IH has not committed to whether he'll move back to the current flat. I am not surprised, but it's not my problem anymore.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Jugg, what kinda lamp do you think you'd make

I have terrible skin so I don't think I would make a good decoration or suit. Probably just good for binding some kinda spell book or something. But you could def make some sturdy furniture from my skellybones.

Maybe a nice fauteuil or a bakers rack.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I've started texting a girl from tinder and it's actually kind of terrifying giving a stranger my number like what if they actually end up being a super murderer and hella damn murder me?

She's about 4 years younger the me which shouldn't be weird but... kinda seems a little weird?

Internet dating is bad and gross but I guess I'm gonna try and ride this out and see what happens.

"Are you going to hella damn murder me? You have to tell me if you're going to hella damn murder me."

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    That's true. Show them the user agreement.

• Options
    It is in the Constitution

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I made a bumble. First person I watch with is in my grad program and starting full time the same semester as me lol

Also like 4 other matches cause the selfie I took with a friend's help turned out really good?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    There's a German children's song about a guy who gets buried alive in a plague pit and it's really difficult to find a version with the original text on Youtube

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    There's a German children's song about a guy who gets buried alive in a plague pit and it's really difficult to find a version with the original text on Youtube

I am laughing because it's absolutely crazy what some children's songs are about

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

I am laughing because it's absolutely crazy what some children's songs are about

You mean like the one where children hold hands, rotate in a clockwise manner, then fall down? The one that's based on the Black Plague? The adorable adolescent death chant?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

You mean like the one where children hold hands, rotate in a clockwise manner, then fall down? The one that's based on the Black Plague? The adorable adolescent death chant?

the classic.

Also the old man who went to bed, bumped his head, and DIDN'T WAKE UP IN THE MORNING

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I hate to imagine what future folklorists will make of "with razor cuts and blown-up butts, hi-ho, hi-ho hi-ho hi-ho."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

the classic.

Also the old man who went to bed, bumped his head, and DIDN'T WAKE UP IN THE MORNING

Yeah, wtf?! That one always bothered me.

However, Oranges and Lemons did not. Apparently some Victorian interpretations of that and London Bridge is Falling Down revolve around child sacrifice?!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Down will come baby

Cradle and all

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My friend today was singing a song I hadn't heard before to his daughter called 5 Little Monkeys
    5 little monkeys jumping on a bed
    One fell off and bumped his head
    His mother phoned the doctor and the doctor said
    "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

and then you repeat it with 4 little monkeys, then 3, etc. And it's a cute song but the ever decreasing number suggests these monkey children are getting fatal head injuries.

He also sang 3 Blind Mice which again, kind of weirdly dark.

• Options
    Oh yeah no the monkeys absolutely are dead.

The only way children learned in the olden days was through thinly veiled threats of extreme bodily harm or death should they step even just a goddamned inch out of line.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Nah. The monkies are just hurt. Look, there's even a book that shows them all asleep at the end. With no brain injuries. And nothing wrong with them. Just a bandaid. Bandaids cure all

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The one about being buried alive with plague victims contains the delightful expression "corpses' festival"

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I reopened my okcupid again.

I need a new photo for it though.

Also I can't ever seem to find interesting profiles

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I was listening to “This Land is Your Land” the other day and was reminded that we used to sing a very different version on the playground

Spoiler for American gun violence
    This land is my land
    This land ain’t your land
    I’ve got a shotgun
    And you ain’t got one
    If you don’t get off
    I’ll blow your head off
    This land is private property

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I was listening to “This Land is Your Land” the other day and was reminded that we used to sing a very different version on the playground

This land is my land
    I’ve got a shotgun
    And you ain’t got one
    If you don’t get off
    I’ll blow your head off

holy fuck

I'd almost prefer kids learn the plague songs

this one seems... uncomfortably political

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah, and bear in mind this was 30 years ago. A lot of rural Americans tend to fetishize a very violent, exclusive concept of “private property” that in their minds justifies pretty much any action taken to “defend” it.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    God I've run into that a lot here and it's super weird.

People seem to reallywant somebody to trespass on their land so they can shoot them.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    God I've run into that a lot here and it's super weird.

People seem to reallywant somebody to trespass on their land so they can shoot them.

This is why I hate zombie movies

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Eh. I don't think we were fetishizing gun culture so much as singing a transgressive parody of a well-known song. Like, I don't think there's too much to read into the fact that we were also singing about sucking greasy grimy gopher guts through a straw or the olfactory shortcomings of Batman.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oh yeah no the monkeys absolutely are dead.

The only way children learned in the olden days was through thinly veiled threats of extreme bodily harm or death should they step even just a goddamned inch out of line.

i think many of the things i saw as a child showed me that it's a deadly world if you don't pay attention

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I reopened my okcupid again.

I need a new photo for it though.

Also I can't ever seem to find interesting profiles

i find them but i really don't have the heart for it anymore

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    After my divorce I haven't even tried a romance in 2 years.

I've moved positions in my job and now I've been flirting pretty hardcore with my new supervisor for about 3 months.

She accepted a social media friend invite and now I see that all she posts is shit from Breitbart.

Queue sound of fully deflating balloon.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »

I've moved positions in my job and now I've been flirting pretty hardcore with my new supervisor for about 3 months.

She accepted a social media friend invite and now I see that all she posts is shit from Breitbart.

Awful politics aside, don't flirt with your boss, ever

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Do not do this. Ever. Under any circumstances. No matter how nice their butt is.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular

Awful politics aside, don't flirt with your boss, ever

It's been kind of a gradual thing growing from joking and working long shifts in close proximity. We haven't done anything yet, but I was planning on moving on it once one of us promoted (we are both kind of being fast tracked into new positions). I wasn't looking for anything serious, since I plan on moving cross country in about a year anyway.

But the shit I see posted from her is ruling out even a casual hookup. Now I just look at her and see Eva Braun.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Do not flirt with Eva Braun

• Options
    Who's Eva Braun?

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Who's Eva Braun?
    ..... Really?

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

This land is my land
    I’ve got a shotgun
    And you ain’t got one
    If you don’t get off
    I’ll blow your head off

holy fuck

I'd almost prefer kids learn the plague songs

this one seems... uncomfortably political
    Yankee doodle went to town riding on a rocket
    stuck a feather up his ass and called it Hershey's Chocolate™.

Kids are weird.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Who's Eva Braun?
    ..... Really?

What?

*quick google*

...oh...

• Options