As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    The Witches is a movie I would describe as a triumph of practical makeup effects, so it feels a bit weird to see that Zemeckis-style CGI all over it. That being said, I do want to see Hathaway and Spencer have fun goofing around in those roles.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Is it gonna be anything new for many of us here?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Is it supposed to be?

It'll be new to my kids, so I'm pretty happy with it. And also with seeing Hathaway and Spencer having some fun.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, Stanley Tucci.

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Also, Stanley Tucci.

People point to Paul Rudd, but that fucker hasn't aged in 25 years either....

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    Is it gonna be anything new for many of us here?
    Ketar wrote: »
    Is it supposed to be?

It'll be new to my kids, so I'm pretty happy with it. And also with seeing Hathaway and Spencer having some fun.

This was supposed to be in response to the coronavirus documentary. My own fault for not quoting posts :(

Steam profile
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yes because when I think of the Monster Hunter series, "soldiers with machine guns yelling as they shoot the monsters from afar" is what comes to mind.

Steam profile
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Yes because when I think of the Monster Hunter series, "soldiers with machine guns yelling as they shoot the monsters from afar" is what comes to mind.

I mean, four people blasting away with HBG is the meta for most MH fights right?

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

I mean, it's not far off.
    https://youtu.be/mfR5Tuognus

Plus it's a pretty common anime trope.

• Options
    lol I don't know the MH meta, maybe I'm wrong :D

It's certainly not what I think of with MH though

Steam profile
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

It's probably going to be multi-dimensional stuff - this is Act 1 where the Earth military folks get rolled. Act 2 will be sole survivor Milla going full hide armor and big-ass spear.

There's even precedent. The Witcher cross-over establishes that Monster Hunter is part of a multiverse.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

It's probably going to be multi-dimensional stuff - this is Act 1 where the Earth military folks get rolled. Act 2 will be sole survivor Milla going full hide armor and big-ass spear.

There's even precedent. The Witcher cross-over establishes that Monster Hunter is part of a multiverse.

Apparently Milla is going Dual Blades, which is what she plays.

Or so the rumors go.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Milla does not age.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

It's starring Milla Jovovich. It's gonna be a piece of shit film directed by her husband. You don't even need to google the film to know that.

The fact that it's also got a bunch of guns is probably just a matter of that being cheaper.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just hope they got better stunt protections after their last catastrophe.

I won't see it though, every still looks awful, I mean shit in this trailer we have a dude aiming down his sight with his closed eye.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

It's starring Milla Jovovich. It's gonna be a piece of shit film directed by her husband. You don't even need to google the film to know that.

The fact that it's also got a bunch of guns is probably just a matter of that being cheaper.

The real question is how gruesomely the director will have Milla die and how many times.

If I were her, I'd definitely be wondering about why my director husband is always so keen on filming my horrific death.

• Options
    Missing a golden opportunity to maximize the stupidity by having her character be the same one from RE, or a clone, since they're both Capcom properties.

Dunno if she's dead or what in the movies I tapped out after the second one, but that would hardly matter.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Missing a golden opportunity to maximize the stupidity by having her character be the same one from RE, or a clone, since they're both Capcom properties.

Dunno if she's dead or what in the movies I tapped out after the second one, but that would hardly matter.

I actually watched all of those in preparation for the RE2 remake. All. Fucking. Six. Of. Them. I now compare all movies against that series, in that it's my current zero point. When I finished, I feel like my soul had been worked over by every heavyweight boxing champion of the last hundred years... while wearing brass knuckles.

Some enterprising soul made a cut of Fellowship of the Ring where every time Sam takes a step, it plays his scene about it being his furthest step from home ever. The cut is over nine hours long. I would watch that twice before I would watch anything from those godawful RE movies again.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I actually watched all of those in preparation for the RE2 remake. All. Fucking. Six. Of. Them. I now compare all movies against that series, in that it's my current zero point. When I finished, I feel like my soul had been worked over by every heavyweight boxing champion of the last hundred years... while wearing brass knuckles.

Some enterprising soul made a cut of Fellowship of the Ring where every time Sam takes a step, it plays his scene about it being his furthest step from home ever. The cut is over nine hours long. I would watch that twice before I would watch anything from those godawful RE movies again.

Dear god, I just googled this and it's real.

We are those infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Aw fuck I just realized that this trend suggests the possibility of a Devil May Cry movie that's a Milla Jovovich vehicle.

Kamar on
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Dear god, I just googled this and it's real.

We are those infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters.

I love that this is a real thing :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    It's like a fantastic reversal of The Bee Movie cut where it speeds up every time somebody says "bee".

• Options
    Someone on the forum talked about the experience of watching it.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Whatever I'm day one for Monster Hunter.

I loved the RE movies, they got delightfully more stupid just like the Fast and Furious movies while still being good popcorn entertainment.

They're dumb fun and right now I could use a lot of that.

The witches looks good, but Zemekis has a spotty track record when it comes to anything that's not Back to the Future so I dunno. Plus the original still holds up pretty well. I'm glad it's gonna be streaming on the new HBO service though, I'll definitely watch it.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The MH adaptation will live or die based on how many talking cats it has.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    The new Free Guy trailer is a lot more spoilery than the first one, BTW. Kind of wish I hadn't watched it.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Now that I've seen the movie

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »
    The new Free Guy trailer is a lot more spoilery than the first one, BTW. Kind of wish I hadn't watched it.

I posted it before I watched it and now I kinda regret watching it too.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    hm... I still think this is all an elaborate ad for Aviation Gin.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    hm... I still think this is all an elaborate ad for Aviation Gin.

Can't it be both?

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Thumbs down trailer two :( You have fallen into all the tropes I hoped you wouldn't, but knew you eventually would.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    cross posted from chat:

https://youtu.be/H-Tm63y-S4s

560.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Really looking forward to Lord Bird

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    OMFG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBjUF4Tb_k

Never knew how much I wanted this Christmas tale

• Options
    Doncha know, you gotta be the Main Man if you wanna take on the Fat Man.
    Seriously, why isn't the Lobo movie a thing?

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    OMFG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBjUF4Tb_k

Never knew how much I wanted this Christmas tale

Wasn’t this an episode of American Dad ?

• Options
    Goddamnit y'all beat me to the fatman trailer by minutes.

PREACHER WHERE ARE YOU IT'S MEL GIBSON AS SANTA FIGHTING A WALTON GOGGONS ASSASSIN!

• Options
This discussion has been closed.