As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Anything with Sca instead of scat is fine

Sca is a useful abbreviation, Scat means animal shit

There's also no 'Scat' sound in her pronunciation either, beside being a literal word for shit.

Her name is pronounced with two sounds:

'Ska' like the musical genre, stressed. Or Skaw phonically.

Then the last part is pronounced like 'hawch' (with the ch = k like sound) simalr but not quite like Hawk or more like the first part of Hockey without the -ey.

Or if you want to be super silly, the Japanese pronunciation is Su-ka-sa-ha. But I have no idea why you'd use that.

Or you can just call her Shishou (Master/Teacher).
    Mai Waifu is also acceptable, if appropriate.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Reynolds: Yeah, your Nightengale might just get used because it's different. Most things in the Berserker slot are just AoE sweepers with 'Scopes.

Surfer Mordred is well liked in Rider due to her NP spamming ability if you have her leveled with good skills, but Drake is also often used there if the same. Your choice.

On the archer slot, it depends on how beefy your Artemis is. Your Emiya has good skills and people use AoE servants a lot during farming time. He's fine there.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Wish I had a better CE for Nightingale. Or at least a full limit broken version of that one. Same for Boardred, that was the best option I had for her.

Edit: So my Caster choices are Liz, Iris and Medea Lily. Should I throw Medea in there as the only real 4 star? I always put up Liz just...because. I actually kinda like Irsviel's design and attacks, although she does almost no damage. Not sure which of the three is more useful to people.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    A week of farming QP down, back above 50m QP!

TA5qvyLl.png

wait no I lied : (

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have 1.4 million FP so I think I'm gonna burn through about half that and make some CE bombs. Might luck into Angry Mango too, that'd be nice.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Wish I had a better CE for Nightingale. Or at least a full limit broken version of that one. Same for Boardred, that was the best option I had for her.

Edit: So my Caster choices are Liz, Iris and Medea Lily. Should I throw Medea in there as the only real 4 star? I always put up Liz just...because. I actually kinda like Irsviel's design and attacks, although she does almost no damage. Not sure which of the three is more useful to people.

Iris is kind of useless most of the time and Lily is a dedicated healer (and also somewhat useless most of the time, FML) while CasLiz at least can be used for farming purposes since she's one of the better AoE Casters.
    Unfortunately a lot of people out for farming will either default to AoE Berserkers or Waver, but I think she might still see a bit more use than the healers maybe (because who needs healing during farming season?).

One weird option is to just stick a +Bond CE on whichever is higher level and try to coast on the people farming without needing Waver who just pick him because he has those CEs on him. I dunno if this'll give you more or less than the alternative, but it's a niche.
    Either CE works - +50 is better for a bunch of easier quests, while +10% is better for 40AP etc.

Similarly, a good alternative to a 'Scope in the Rider slot is MLB Mona Lisa. Even if it's not on Drake, or another 50% charger who synergizes with Waver, it will still be picked up by people who can farm on their own (Spartacus/Medusa/Arash does the job if you have 70% CEs). It's one of those where people look primarily for the CE rather than the Servant.
    Boardred is also great, though, since there's more to Rider-based farming than just doors.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    One weird option is to just stick a +Bond CE on whichever

It's not so weird - my lineup is good enough to farm on its own, so I look for the bond CE's or Chaldea lunchtime to get more bondpoints out of things. I would imagine it's the same for most people with a good team.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I frequently take random servants with a bond CE as my support, sometimes even stuffing them in my back row and not using even using them. The caster slot is the most common place to find them, so I'll usually look there and take the first one I see, even if it isn't Waver (or sometimes explicitly if it isn't).

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    One weird option is to just stick a +Bond CE on whichever

It's not so weird - my lineup is good enough to farm on its own, so I look for the bond CE's or Chaldea lunchtime to get more bondpoints out of things. I would imagine it's the same for most people with a good team.

Yeah, I have multiple party lineups with my own frontline, so the support is just there for a +rewards CE or as backline insurance.

• Options
    Okay I've just about figured out an ideal CE bomb setup so I'll probably burn more FP and see if Angry Mango shows up before I hit Level 100 on my chosen CE. It'll also be my first Level 100 CE so that'll be something to look forward to.

• Options
    edited October 2018

Edit: Okay sure, NP2 Angra Mainyu why not.

Madican on
  • Options
    Spent 10 tickets and got my second copy of Jalter. NP2 wooooooo.

And made my QP destitute again getting her to 7/7/10.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I’m having fun trying out Arts Crit builds, but it definitely feels like something I’ll need to get some experience with before I can pilot them correctly.

Never quite sure when to pop skills and when to save them for later. Same for buffing/debuffing NPs.

Still, you don’t need any experience to enjoy the sight of the star number soaring up.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hot damn, Emiya is finally good

• Options
    Went ahead and did both of Emiya's Rank-Up quests so now he has Projection and Hawkeye. He's already max level and Ascended so now it's just a matter of gems.
    Wonder what Gawain thought of his King taking him down in one turn using Excalibur shoved into a squirt gun?

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    "Beats the hell out of being hit with Rhongomyniad."

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Thread, I have made enough progress in Camelot to meet the original Old Man of the Mountain and I need him added to my party post haste.

• Options
    Thread, I have made enough progress in Camelot to meet the original Old Man of the Mountain and I need him added to my party post haste.

Save quartz until... New Years, I think?

He's a 5* limited Assassin with a BBBAQ deck, by the way.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Crap it’s almost December already...

Guess it’s time to pop back in and spend an UNRESONABLE amount of money on MHX Alter.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    It’s probably nothing compared to the rapidly approaching Buster Meta, but getting 40K damage off an arts card crit is good civilization and very satisfying.

• Options
    While I like King Hassan, I don't think he beats out the usefulness of the Jack I already have. Even though she's Quick she is crit star generator and executioner rolled into one, and considering how many Riding Servants happen to be Female she hits like ten trucks, charges her NP in the same Brave Chain, then pops it off again next turn.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I feel like I should actually put effort into my NP3 Emiya now

And as for Assassins

SHIKI LIFE (Though I may put some time and effort into my NP5 Kiritsugu I guess? I feel like I should)

Also Cleo is cooler than Grandpa, fite me

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Jing Ke > any other Assassin

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    While I like King Hassan, I don't think he beats out the usefulness of the Jack I already have. Even though she's Quick she is crit star generator and executioner rolled into one, and considering how many Riding Servants happen to be Female she hits like ten trucks, charges her NP in the same Brave Chain, then pops it off again next turn.

Oh King Hassan isn't a Crit generator

King Hassan is a MURDERER

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Jing Ke > any other Assassin

She never even managed to kill anyone!

EDIT: Also yes, Grandpa is a Berserker pretending to be an Assassin

Maddoc on
  • Options
    How many other assassins left behind a kickass poem as they departed on a suicide mission

None, that's how many

• Options
    Because they were too busy killing people!

• Options
    Jing is so badass that she didn't even have to kill anyone to be recorded in the Throne of Heroes as an Assassin

Ain't no other heroic spirit can say that

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Crap it’s almost December already...

Guess it’s time to pop back in and spend an UNRESONABLE amount of money on MHX Alter.

She's supposed to appear in December? What's the event? I guess I need to keep saving for her...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MHXA should show up with the next Valentine's event, in February
    December/January will see Merlin, Musashi, and King Hassan

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

I like to add Ishtar to that lot to reinforce what a ridiculous streak of new additions happens in just a few months.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jing is so badass that she didn't even have to kill anyone to be recorded in the Throne of Heroes as an Assassin

Remind me what Shiki's actual body count is again?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

I like to add Ishtar to that lot to reinforce what a ridiculous streak of new additions happens in just a few months.

Quetz, Gorgon...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    And here I mostly just want Enkidu and Caster Gilgamesh

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

While the whole serial killer thing was a ruse, she did kill Araya. (And maybe some others, I'm not too familiar with KnK.)

Also, meanwhile, Cleopatra is an Assassin because she metaphorically had Apep defeat Ra by, well, killing the last Pharaoh with a snake.

I think Jing Ke mostly gets in on the massive What If scenario where she might have killed the First Emperor of China before he became emperor.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Crud, forgot Ishtar is coming too. It's almost like the creators of this game know how to emotionally manipulate its players.

• Options
    Now remember that JP didn't know this in advance, and you start to understand the concept of "bait banners". Don't roll for X - it's bait to empty your coffers and force you to spend more money to also get Y!

Amakusa gets this hard - he has a banner right in the middle of all this during Christmas, IIRC.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Polaritie wrote: »

While the whole serial killer thing was a ruse, she did kill Araya. (And maybe some others, I'm not too familiar with KnK.)

Also, meanwhile, Cleopatra is an Assassin because she metaphorically had Apep defeat Ra by, well, killing the last Pharaoh with a snake.

I think Jing Ke mostly gets in on the massive What If scenario where she might have killed the First Emperor of China before he became emperor.

Isn't Araya debatable if it was void shiki? At the very least, if void broke the whole spell she was trapped with.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I think it was regular Shiki that kills Alaya

I could be wrong though, KnK is confusing as all hell