Options

[PAX] South(land) in the Winter(time) 2019: It's over! Photo on p20

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Incredibly tempted to fly in on Thursday for Southtown.

Stupid moving.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

Stupid moving.

You'll really only be missing trivia if you can't

We generally end up there eventually each night

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i'd say i will build a beeramid in your honor

but we both know i was building that fucker either way

BUILD TWO YOU COWARD

as I recall he can't even reliably build one

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »

Stupid moving.

You'll really only be missing trivia if you can't

We generally end up there eventually each night

Oh, I never gave a shit about trivia, I just love the inaugural night before PAX begins.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I require pereida burgers ASAP

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i'd say i will build a beeramid in your honor

but we both know i was building that fucker either way

BUILD TWO YOU COWARD

as I recall he can't even reliably build one

how dare you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I'm planning on running my annual D&D one-shot on Thursday, around two hours somewhere between lunch time and time to head to Southtown. Here's the character creation rules:
    - 5th Level.
    - Standard 27 point buy for starting attributes.
    - Humans use the Variant template with the bonus feat.
    - Feats are in play generally.
    - Feel free to sell back any of your starting gear for the full GP value.
    - In addition to any funds from your starting package and gear sell-back, you possess 200 GP. Feel free to buy any mundane equipment you like with that.
    - You have one +1 Weapon or Armor piece of your choice.
    - You have up to two other magic items of Uncommon or Common rarity (including consumable items like Potions). If you don't want to go digging through the DMG looking for options, I'll have a few "generally useful" choices available for you.
    - You have two basic Healing Potions (heals for 2d4+2 HP)

- Setting is Forgotten Realms, more or less. Don't expect to visit any iconic locations, but if you want to go wild on backstory, feel free.
    - All character options from other published books are in play - all races and variants from Volo's Guide and Mordenkainen's Guide, subclasses and extra spells from Xanathar's Guide, race options and spells from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, background options from the SCAG, Tomb of Horrors, and Ravenloft books, content from the Elemental Evil pdf., special racial bundles for Grungs & Tortles, etc. The only content to run by me for approval first is stuff from the Eberron material, which may not translate directly to this setting.
    - No Unearthed Arcana stuff, with the exception of the Ranger Errata playtest.
    - None of the stuff from the Magic: the Gathering setting conversions.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'll have a crapload of pregens on hand, so if you just want to show up and grab a generic Fight Man from the stack, that will be no problem. Or if you don't have all the books, message me a character concept and I'll throw a sheet together for you. Even if you're not 100% sure you can play, worst case scenario I make a new sheet and use them as an NPC for some other group of players to murder and loot.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hmmmmm my flight is scheduled to get in at 1:20. I might be able to make this this year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeaaaah wanna Karaoke

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    What is this Southtown business?

• Options
    I am going to Shiloh's when I first get in on Thursday.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    It is a good bar that occasionally saves us from ourselves by running out of rumpleminze before the night is over.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    aj since zon won’t be there i humbly accept the role of emergency panel co-host

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I should go to Hooters at least once. I went to Dave and Buster's last time.

• Options
    you should go to hooters every day at opening

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    crwth wrote: »
    aj since zon won’t be there i humbly accept the role of emergency panel co-host

you will sit in the audience and pick fights with other people in the audience like god intended, tito

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    The
    Madican wrote: »
    Huh, there's no Patrick Rothfuss panel this year it looks like. That's odd. Not many others I'd want to go to either, so I'll probably be wandering the floor most of the day unless there's things people are doing.

He recycles the same material anyways.

• Options
    The got the God of War director doing the keynote.

• Options
    Anyone go to Coyote Ugly? Curious.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I believe I get in around 4 Thursday and leave early on Sunday

Also is there a substantial enough amount of people staying at a hotel to host BoringPAX this year, or will it be offsite? (We're at an AirBnB.)

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    The swag bags were awful when I went in 2016.

• Options
    Cello wrote: »
    I believe I get in around 4 Thursday and leave early on Sunday

Also is there a substantial enough amount of people staying at a hotel to host BoringPAX this year, or will it be offsite? (We're at an AirBnB.)

i think we have enough people at spring hill suites to justify taking over their lobby again

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I get in Wednesday evening, staying at the Days Inn on the Riverwalk Wednesday night, then moving to the Springhill Thursday. Pretty sure we're still a go for having the board games in that lobby/dining area again. Nobody really bothered the last 2 years when we set up shop there.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm remembering all the folk I'm hoping to meet again this year and I'm super excited!
    :bro: for the folk who won't be able to make it

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Since this is my first time going to this thing, let me ask y'all about getting from the airport to the hotel. Obviously, taxis and Uber/Lyft are options, and since the hotel doesn't run a shuttle that's probably what I'll do, but if anybody has good transit tip (bus #18 goes directly from the hotel to the convention center, costs $0.25, and takes 5 minutes!), I'd appreciate hearing about it.

• Options
    When I went I took the bus from the airport. It's fine.

• Options
    There is a shuttle service at the airport that goes to all of the downtown hotels.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Since this is my first time going to this thing, let me ask y'all about getting from the airport to the hotel. Obviously, taxis and Uber/Lyft are options, and since the hotel doesn't run a shuttle that's probably what I'll do, but if anybody has good transit tip (bus #18 goes directly from the hotel to the convention center, costs $0.25, and takes 5 minutes!), I'd appreciate hearing about it.

The main thing is when crossing the street, you gotta Wait. Wait.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    most of the area is walkable, honestly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Seriously though, most of the hotels are about a 5-10 minute walk anyway, and the weather in SA is usually good enough to do so.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hopefully it'll be a little warmer this year. I come down the SA to hopefully escape winter for a few days :rotate:

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I had one cold, windy morning the last time I went, but that was it.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Its been a fairly mild winter in Houston at least so far, hopefully it stays that way.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think the app "Moovit" can help you with public transit directions in most major cities, I'm gonna see if it has San Antonio's info on it.

• Options
    I have to fly in from cold ass Missouri.

• Options
    Can confirm, everyone download the app "Moovit" (the icon looks like a red Google Map marker) it gives you mass transit directions for San Antonio and probably for your area, too.

• Options
    I walked so much I lost weight.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

There is a bus that runs right from the airport to the convention center area, but I don't remember which one exactly. I always wind up going to the same help desk to ask for directions, and then to the same airport shop right next to it to buy a candy bar and break a $20 into change for the bus. Pretty sure I still have the bus schedules at home though, I'll dig through my stuff tonight and see if I can find them.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    San Antonio is supposed to be really haunted. I thought about going on a ghost tour.

• Options
    okay so tentatively:

in person camp counseling will be from 6 - 9 on friday night (nice). it'll have to be a small group, as it'll be at the air bnb i'm staying at. once i get a good look at the place, i'll figure out the logistics.

trashy dinner will be at the pig stand on saturday, before karaoke, just like last year

6vjsgrerts6r.png