As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Astera Fest: Catch 'em all.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I got excited until I saw "Fall 2019".

Well at least I'll be able to continue to knock games off of my backlog!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I am still super excited. More mhw, no matter when it comes, is great! Plus gives me plenty of time to grind out, take a break, then be ready for even more mhw. WOO WOO. Hype is real boys.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    While you wait for our Monster Hunter World expansion, perhaps you would enjoy some of our other fine upcoming Capcom products, such as the long-requested Resident Evil 2 Remake? Or perhaps Devil May Cry V, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    I'm just a little worried that "new quest rank" just means 10 star. They did say as big as g-rank or ultimate versions, but that could just mean as many new monsters/areas as those versions added.

No stopping my hype train for Nargacuga and what adding his skeleton/moveset means for other monsters they are adding.

If nothing else, it looked like the Anjanath armor in the splash screen is cut completely differently from the low-rank or high-rank versions (albeit still ridiculous-looking), which implies that new quest difficulty will entail whole new armor sets

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I guess a question for you old hunters, did the previous titles also not give you G rank out the gate or is this a new thing for World?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    They did, but they always came as an additional purchase of the game, so you'd pretty much buy the same game again, but with added content at the end.

Also, as far as I remember, we always got the updated version here in America, MHGen was the first time we got the base game, and then the "Ultimate" version as well. (Albeit for different consoles)

Edit: Of course I'm excited for more MH, but I'm not going to get excited for content that is almost a year away.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Can't wait to play it on PC Summer 2020.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    They did, but they always came as an additional purchase of the game, so you'd pretty much buy the same game again, but with added content at the end.

Also, as far as I remember, we always got the updated version here in America, MHGen was the first time we got the base game, and then the "Ultimate" version as well. (Albeit for different consoles)

Edit: Of course I'm excited for more MH, but I'm not going to get excited for content that is almost a year away.
    MH Freedom 2/Unite was the first time. We also got Tri/3U. (Arguably 3U was a sequel of both portable 3rd andTri in an unholy union). We never got mh4.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I am still super excited. More mhw, no matter when it comes, is great! Plus gives me plenty of time to grind out, take a break, then be ready for even more mhw. WOO WOO. Hype is real boys.

And girls.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

MH Freedom 2/Unite was the first time. We also got Tri/3U. (Arguably 3U was a sequel of both portable 3rd andTri in an unholy union). We never got mh4.

Prior to GenU, could you import old saves or was it a straight-up reset? I'm pretty sure 3U and Tri didn't talk to each other, not sure about MHF/FU.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Prior to GenU, could you import old saves or was it a straight-up reset? I'm pretty sure 3U and Tri didn't talk to each other, not sure about MHF/FU.
    Freedom 2 > Unite had an import. Same with 4 > 4G. Tri/Portable 3rd did not, I think, due to switching platforms.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Freedom 1 > Freedom 2 actually also had a limited import, if I recall, but you just got zenny and tickets. Not great.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I wonder how much this is going to cost on pc?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    None of the Monster Hunter games ever imported saves to a different platform before MHGU.

Monster Hunter to Monster Hunter G on PS2 seamlessly continued your save. This didn't happen in the West because MHG only came out on PSP as "MH Freedom".

MH2 was the final PS2 game, but MH Freedom 2 did import to MHFU. Your quest progress was reset. All items rarity 3 and under transfered. 1/3rd of your zenny transferred. All weapons and armor are sold for additional zenny.

MH3 and MHp3rd could not import to MH3U at all, as they were all on different platforms.

MH4 imported directly into MH4U, in Japan. The West did not get MH4, so this was moot for us.

MHGen seamlessly continued in MHGU for 3DS and Switch, in Japan. The West did not get the 3DS version, but were still able to continue saves on Switch.

MHW will probably seamlessly continue into MHW: Kushala Daora now inflicts Snowman again.

In Japan, the PSP titles could read the previous game's save for token loyalty rewards. This copied your character design into the editor, granted some extra supplies, carried over some stats, cash, and (between the first two games only) exclusive tickets to shortcut forging certain weapons. MHF2 would read MHF saves, and MHP3rd read Japanese MHFU (MHP2ndG) saves. Loyalty rewards existed on 3DS as well, though just as very minor bonuses. MH4 read MH3U save data. MHGen did the same for MH4U.

Due to no localized release of MHP3rd or MH4, we only got such bonuses between the first two PSP games, plus between MH4U and MHGen.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Didn't see the other announcement on the thread yet. Apparently CDPR is set on putting Geralt of Rivia in everything.

https://youtu.be/NohEZ2pr4-0

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Didn't see the other announcement on the thread yet. Apparently CDPR is set on putting Geralt of Rivia in everything.

https://youtu.be/NohEZ2pr4-0

so does he bang the handler on top of a stuffed AT Kirin or what

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    IceBurner wrote: »
    MH Freedom 2 did import to MHFU, albeit not 1:1. Your quest progress was reset. All items rarity 3 and under transfered. 1/3rd of your zenny transferred. All weapons and armor are sold for additional zenny.
    I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate, although you are correct that it wasn't 1:1.

This is directly from the import screen:
    mzf6agt4n3x3.jpg

You kept the vast majority of your equipment, although stats were changed to reflect nerfs stat changes. I remember the Eager Cleaver line and the Aka bow were both heavily nerfed.

I'm also pretty sure that quest progress wasn't reset, although it has been around a decade (I think) since I've imported, so it's hard to say.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Ah, then I must have been thinking about the import from MHF to MHF2.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Witcher 3 Collaboration
    Yesssss.

This and Dark Souls were my top two wanted crossover party events.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Also narga is my favorite monster.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    The PC delay on the initial game was frustrating, but understandable; the delay on this xpac is tragic - I really hope they can pull it together and get people on the same schedule.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Better be some Zinogres over there.

World is seriously lacking in badass monster themes. Old world gotta show them how its done.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Oh man, if we get a Geralt skin >_<. Feel jealous that female characters probably gonna get boned by Geralt, guy chars will be starved for action for the duration of the crossover.

Wonder how broken the AT Kulve weapons will be, I'll be on holidays for most of that time, so fingers crossed I can get a bunch of runs happening.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    Oh man, if we get a Geralt skin >_<. Feel jealous that female characters probably gonna get boned by Geralt, guy chars will be starved for action for the duration of the crossover.

Wonder how broken the AT Kulve weapons will be, I'll be on holidays for most of that time, so fingers crossed I can get a bunch of runs happening.

Male/Female both got Aloy, so they could go that route or do the Dante. I'd prefer Dante really...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Was that a Narga teaser at the end? I kind of assumed it was Barioth based on the setting

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Definitely Narga.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    The glowing red eyes and narga rattle are unmistakeable

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Male/Female both got Aloy, so they could go that route or do the Dante. I'd prefer Dante really...
    Alternatively, the female alt costume could be Ciri. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Alternatively, the female alt costume could be Ciri. :D

I want a feature where equipping the hunting horn switches the user to a model of Dandelion.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Females do get Dante with the armor

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular

Super excited about all the news and can’t wait to get frosty. Those eyes have to be Narga for sure.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Huh, the trailer for the original game links directly with the dlc trailer.

I'm not looking forward to a years wait, but after the glut of stuff I've gotten on the PC, I can't complain. And as a newbie, I have no idea who this Narga is, but since everyone is fairly positive about it, I'm happy.

Also, as possibly the last gamer in the world who hasn't played Witcher, Geralt's voice seems rather... jarring. I expected him to sound more European.

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Nargacuga is bestcatwyvern.

(And just an incredibly fun fight that really teaches you a lot about why evading is important, especially when it's that TAIL SLAM)

Edit: Also notably he's not elementally aligned - He just mauls you to death with blade wings and crushes you with his ninja-tail. Or shoots you with tail spikes. He's fun.

I still want one as a pet/personal mount.

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    took on a lunestra last night. She kicked my ass in the arena one that the smith gives you so I jumped on an SOS. Man she was tough. Fun fight. A nerg came through and they wouldn't leave each other alone. Constant fighting, constant turf wars. Super hectic.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Nerg will constantly attack anything in its path, but it won't chase them down like Bazel will. The event quest with Nerg, Luna and Teo is great if you can get all 3 of them in the same room. Or even better if you can get Nerg in the same room with each of them for some 1 on 1 time. He can carry the majority of the fight for you.

Working on crowns for a little bit using the rank 7 quests that have the better chance at crowns.
    Only need:
    Diablos large.
    Odogaron large.
    Black diablos both.
    Tziz tiny.
    Luna tiny.
    Kush large.

That arena quest where you fight both diablos, is that one good for crowns? Cause doing a full wildspire farm for that diablos at the end is getting old :D

Klatu on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Arena one doesn't help, AFAIK.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Well, good to know I guess. Back to wildspire bolero, until it goes away. Hopefully I can get a few more in between now and end of winter event.

• Options
    I didn't farm crowns because it's a sure way to make me hate the game.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I didn't farm crowns because it's a sure way to make me hate the game.

There are cheevos on my guild card that care about crowns, arena quests, and deviants.

I choose to leave them blank and enjoy the game.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    I'm doing crown farming to distract myself from Streamstone farming. I keep getting hammer, axe, bowgun streamstones, and no Lance or bow. I just want a damn lance streamstone to aug a rarity 8 lance. FML