As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're three times as fast in the 3rd [Gunpla] & Plastic models thread

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Ok looks like I was confused. thought I could just get a cross silhouette booster and get the same functionality as getting an entirely new inside frame. That's not the case. That actually makes it easier for me to just kind of skip the extra frame from now.

I ordered the Zaku 2. Can't wait! I don't have a dark green panel line marker. Should I use black or grey on a zaku?

I don't build SD Gundam, but my understanding is the Cross Silhouette frame is the one that adds some length to the legs and arms and adds effectively elbow and knee joints, so you could actually pose the model better.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Looks like Bluefin is ramping up their US P-Bandai offerings

I’m a little confused why the language they’re using makes it seem like this is a new thing they’re doing.

previously bluefin was only able to bring over a handful of kits, now it appears P Bandai is actually expanding into the US on the same level as their home market, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc and all peebs going forward will be available without huge markups or shipping costs

which is great news! now you can take all those savings and dump them into getting a $1000 nu gundam

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Construction Update!

qloswb4d4cjm.jpg

Got the Torso pretty much done. There is a little bit of waviness to the top edge of the bottom tray of his middle, but there isn't a lot I can do to it so I'll just live with it. The screen used ones are real slap dash if you really look at them so I'm good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I really wanted some runner organizers but the ones on Amazon seemed really expensive, after looking around for a while I stumbled into some file organizers at the office supply store and I'm really pleased with how well they work. Gonna make bigger builds so much easier, I definitely need to go get some more.

https://imgur.com/DM3OaAc

Kanden on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh, that makes sense!

I got a dish drying rack that things just fall through, because the one in the store was broken and opened wider. I have never been happy with it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    2hy4jhk18xpz.jpeg

Freedom Gundam all assembled!

Can anyone post a good tutorial for painting these things without an airbrush? Something that lays down the basics.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    So I totally snapped one of the frame pieces for the Crossbones. There’s no fixing it.

I know it’s been brought up in the thread, but is there a way to replace single parts? I bought the model from Amazon.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    It got a Bluefin sticker on the box? They'll replace parts I believe

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @turtleant I love you and I want to have your babies. It was indeed distributed by Bluefin! Thanks!

Descendant X on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If Bluefin can't get you the part https://gundamreplacementparts.wordpress.com does individual replacement parts from Japan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Finally got around to panel lining and putting the decals on my nu Gundam, shits fly as hell, gotta wait til it warms up a bit to do a matte top coat.
    3454mmklft3q.jpg

Kanden on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    That’s gorgeous, gat damn

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Been meaning to get pictures of this guy for *checks watch calendar* like a year :redface: and kept forgetting

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    fresh off the twitter presses, Revive Zaku II

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    That's cool but like,

there's a billion really good Zaku kits in the origin line

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Yeah. The Origin Char's Zaku II is a great HG also. I'm sure there are some good unique features with this one too.

Renzo on
  • Options
    origin zakus are a bit overdesigned and the proportions are wack imo

like they come with a lot of accessories and have good articulation, but look.. off
    Renzo wrote: »
    Yeah. The Origin Char's Zaku II is a great HG also. I'm sure there are some good unique features with this one too.

rotating forearm cuffs and optional flexible plastic skirt armor are the gimmicks they've highlighted so far

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Bluefin, it's been.. a few months now. I should see if there is any news about my replacement showing up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    https://www.bluefinbrands.com/blog/post/emerald-city-digital-event

Looks like Bluefin is putting the con exclusives they would have had at ECCC online 12th-15th.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    https://www.bluefinbrands.com/blog/post/emerald-city-digital-event

Looks like Bluefin is putting the con exclusives they would have had at ECCC online 12th-15th.

I saw the bundle of Thundercracker and Skywarp for $50 and got excited... Till I saw their Twitter account and it is Starscream and Thundercracker. Oh well...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Turns out Bluefin in doesn’t ship replacement parts to Canada.

• Options
    Turns out Bluefin in doesn’t ship replacement parts to Canada.

Need a U.S. address?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I suppose I do. If’n you’re offering, I’ll PM you on Friday. I’m out of town right now.

• Options
    Yeah. PM the address and I'll let you know what the USPS rate for a small bubble wrapped envelope will be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gundam Narrative is up on the official YouTube channel

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Gundam Planet is doing flat rate $5 shipping to New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania for the rest of the month since they have closed their warehouse to local customers cause of the virus.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh damn, the IBO focus on melee and guns really amps up the mobile armor introduction.

Also I might take advantage of social distancing the next few weeks to start building my RG Nu

• Options
    My wallet is going to hate me.

I pre-ordered a PG Perfect Strike and the Ver. Ka FAZZ... and I am seeing friends with those kits and announcements from sellers that they are available. Which means the store's likely to have them soon. Ugggggh.

• Options
    I got my annual bonus and now have the PG Strike Freedom and PG 00 Raiser on order.

• Options
    Oh yeah. Also: Gunpla club was canceled. Obviously. I'm debating doing a virtual meetup.. but to be fair, I'm finding myself not doing a lot of building right now. It's not that I don't want to, it's just.. I dunno if the Gojulas burned me out, or if I'm more enjoying Gunpla building as a social thing. It might also be my mind being on painting so much lately.

• Options
    Well fuck me I guess, they already took Narrative down off their YouTube channel.

I guess it was some one weekend only shit or something.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah. But I still got to rewatch Thunderbolt and finally saw Bandit Flower yesterday.

Thunderbolt is so good. Bandit Flower felt like it was made to fill in missing lore on the South Seas Alliance.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So much for getting out of the hobby shop spending only $40. . .
    ekxmpaoaklkx.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I see that shelf and I think "Hey, that's pretty well stocked", and then I mourn for my lack of hobby shops in the area.

• Options
    *gollum voice* "what's hobby shops, precious? cans we eats them"

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hey man you gotta have something to do when you're quarantined for weeks.

• Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    So much for getting out of the hobby shop spending only $40. . .
    ekxmpaoaklkx.jpg

Just finished both of these kits in the last few months. They were a lotta fun.

• Options
    Real touch Gundam Markers are pretty awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I can't tell if IBO is being especially brutal to these kids or if I just haven't watched a gundam thing in too long, but god damn