As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Burt Reynolds Has Died at 82

cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
edited September 2018 in Social Entropy++
He reportedly died from cardiac arrest. 82 is a good run, but still feels young for some reason, especially for Reynolds who always seemed larger than life.

Reynolds certainly made...choices during his career but he definitely made his mark and I'll miss him.

burt-reynolds-dead-3.jpg?w=1000

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
cursedking on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Burt Reynolds never felt like he was that old. He seemed like he was perpetually 50.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Burt Reynolds never felt like he was that old. He seemed like he was perpetually 50.

yeah, he was 41 in smokey and the bandit, which feels crazy

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    RIP, Mayor.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rest in Peace, Turd Ferguson.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I had no idea he was that old... last thing I remember him on was some guest appearances on archer . RIP.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Yeah. He was older than I thought.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I need to find the Cannonball Run to watch.

• Options
    We need to see how many people in Cannonball Run are gone.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    We need to see how many people in Cannonball Run are gone.

...Fuck. Too many.

Reynolds, DeLuise, Fawcett, Dean and Sammy, Roger Moore...

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    man this one hurts

gonna be slugging whiskey and watching gator and/or stick tonight

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've been meaning to watch The Longest Yard for awhile now, I should probably do that

• Options
    edited September 2018
    You also got The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Boogie Nights and Deliverance for me.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    on the raft?

with the vest?

you know he did all his own stunts

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Cannonball Run is one of the best movies of all time

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Man, he was so damned good in Boogie Nights.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Deliverance is so weird because all I knew before I saw it was dueling banjos and awful jokes about male rape, but once I finally saw it, I was not expecting how immaculately crafted and well-acted that film is.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Deliverance is so weird because all I knew before I saw it was dueling banjos and awful jokes about male rape, but once I finally saw it, I was not expecting how immaculately crafted and well-acted that film is.

That is still all I know about it

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Burt Reynolds seemed ageless

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I just started smoky and the bandit
    Holy shit this flicks a banger

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Good choice. I love that movie a lot and it's what I associate him with most.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

you will spend the bare minimum of a week with eastbound and down stuck in your head

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    This hit me hard because arguably his worst movie was just a major plot point on Venture brothers.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I was debating what I could watch to memorialise his greatness and honestly I'm not sure anything celebrates being Burt Reynolds more than playing Saints Row: the Third.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Fishman wrote: »
    I was debating what I could watch to memorialise his greatness and honestly I'm not sure anything celebrates being Burt Reynolds more than playing Saints Row: the Third.

I feel like you get a good sample with anything mentioned on Archer, Also Archer, and his My name is earl run . I feel like thats about it for people under 45.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure if he necessarily deserves it, but I always kind of thought of Burt Reynolds as a part of an era of film making that managed to emerge without so much of the grossness that I feel whenever I watch it or follow the lives of the people who lived it in the modern era. He just really seemed a decent guy with a terrific sense of humor, and it was a treat whenever he popped up in a movie.

I need to get ahold of Cannonball Run.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    astrobstrd wrote: »

That is still all I know about it

It is a stellar, thoughtful, and affecting film that also happens to have some great action set-pieces.

And Burt is immaculate in it.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I still absolutely love him in Striptease.