As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Research points honestly don't matter that much for 2B with all her other bullshit. Can't speak for Amy as I don't have her yet.

Cassandra has always been rushdown Sophitia so I'm thinking they'll keep her fairly simple.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    11 is about playing dressup and having characters from all of the timelines, so you wont be stuck with evil revenant kung lao

I laughed really really hard at the two Johnny Cages in the trailer and made me realize they gave themselves a easy in for every skin of the characters which given some who've shown up makes this seem like a pretty good love letter to the series which kinda makes me wonder if it's Boon's last game

Ive actually played all the nrs titles since was 9 before injustice? Either way I do enjoy what they do despite me shitting on em from time to time

Ima gonna hold off till a big ole sale for mk11 cause the story is pretty fun despite what I've probably previously said about it but its mostly cause dbfz is killing it like MvC3 did for me back in the day as a game I can just mess around endlessly in

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    also too lit to not link here

https://youtu.be/_VQWJxhU2LU

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    now i'm sure this is just characteristic poor grammar by Ono but...

were..... were...... they not planning on making other characters?

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    the only old character I want still is honda

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    now i'm sure this is just characteristic poor grammar by Ono but...

were..... were...... they not planning on making other characters?

just 50 character artists and gameplay designers making chun li costumes

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'd like Makoto, Yun, and Yang from SFIII. Since they have other SFIII characters like Alex, Urien, and Ibuki, and the former 3 were all popular enough to be in SFIV. Also Fei Long & Poison.

And maybe Crimson Viper?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i will suffer no new characters in street fighter as that is time taken away from Rival Schools 3

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    i will suffer no new characters in street fighter as that is time taken away from Rival Schools 3

Let's split the difference, put Akira Kazama in Street Fighter, she's got a great design.
    trmwzylapdx4.png

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm thinking Rival Schools season pass with 4-5 characters in SFV as part of the announcement of a new game. Best of both worlds.

And then announce Sakura as the first DLC character, of course.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Two from Rival Schools
    Two from Final Fight
    Two from Saturday Night Slam Masters

EDIT:
    That'd be:

- Akira and Batsu
    - Two from Damnd, EdiE, Lucia, and Dean
    - Two from Biff Slamkovich, Titanic Tim, The Great Oni, and Black Widow

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    max digging the pr game is kinda huge in terms of it hopefully finding an audience

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm always amazed at his ability to grasp combo strings. They are something that completely escape me as someone who is bad at fighting games but loves them, and he has the patience and focus to just hammer on stuff until he sees how it fits together and then he can execute on it in a way that I will never be able to.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Finding my own tech continues to be impossible, except in games like Soulcalibur with shorter combos

But I've always been pretty good at replicating stuff I've seen, unless it involves negative edge. The parallel parking of fighting game execution skills.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    i think its a lot harder to develop usable tech in 3d fighters... there's so much going on, but there's more to tech than just combos

frame traps, reset, setups... its all good...

in any fighting game, you have to establish a mental model of "what is even worth doing" and then work backwards to "how do i get to that"

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Spoiled because of image proportions, a pair of cool illustrations of Akira from Rival Schools:
    ofamh62hb74z.jpg
    f26tnqgkmncg.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Akira is definitely the best character design from Rival Schools

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Rival Schools is full of awesome characters. Some of them are just super-great execution of well-trodden tropes like Daigo or Hayato, some are somehow totally plain yet totally awesome like Natsu and Nagare, and I have no idea why I like Ran so much but I do.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Sounds like some of y'all need to learn to appreciate Tiffany Lords

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    God, c'mon Capcom you're on a roll right now. Re2 was dope and dmc5 is now literally one of my favourite games ever.

Let itsuno make rival schools. Just let him. I never got a chance to play the other ones but they look so fun and the characters are all cool.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    they also made monster hunter worlds

unfortunately, their last 3 fighting games have all been disasters on some level

if i were a fan of rival schools i'd want them to show they're even capable of launching a fighting game anymore before relegating another franchise to the backburner for who knows how long

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    But what if they make a rival schools and it's really good? Honestly I'd just love to see Capcom announce any kind of fighting game other than street fighter.

I'd also like to see them use the RE engine for a fighting game. They made some real good looking games with that thing.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    No force on Earth will convince me that Ran Hibiki and Dan Hibiki aren't related.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    i think its a lot harder to develop usable tech in 3d fighters... there's so much going on, but there's more to tech than just combos

in any fighting game, you have to establish a mental model of "what is even worth doing" and then work backwards to "how do i get to that"

Honestly tech is easier in 3D games cause there is so much going on.

Folks get hit with jank all the time.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

sonicfox won whatever this poll was, yay I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

If you get hit with a 30 frame attack in SF, you must be asleep at the wheel.

If you get hit by a 30 frame attack in SC, oh well, it couldn't be helped, everyone gets hit by that.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »

If you get hit by a 30 frame attack in SC, oh well, it couldn't be helped, everyone gets hit by that.

Maybe if the first 20 frames didn't look like an attack that hits low.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »

Maybe if the first 20 frames didn't look like an attack that hits low.

I still can't block snake edge

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    First new SamSho character

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyFrozenGoshawkBloodTrail

She's uh... she's something.

Radius on
  • Options
    That presentator being unnecessarily cringey aside she looks like a character I'd played.

Hadn't really decided on who I would use. Used to play Galford but it was moreso for the dog than me liking him. And I like Genjuro but I'm sure he is gonna be a popular pick.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    I think she looks amazing, I wanna saw some folks already

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    wow, Punk and Tokido put on a hell of a show for NCR 2019

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    so I keep seeing a thing become more prevalent on the DBZF subreddit of people posting 100% damage combos they've figured out, and post clips of them doing them in online matches

and I'm certainly no expert on these kinds of games, but that seems...bad? like a thing that you shouldn't be able to do, mess up one blockstring and now you've lost a full health character, and I don't know what the damage scaling is for if not for preventing something like that from happening

maybe I'm a dummy and it comes with the territory

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that's like posting a damage combo in another game that does 33% of someone's life

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    so I keep seeing a thing become more prevalent on the DBZF subreddit of people posting 100% damage combos they've figured out, and post clips of them doing them in online matches

and I'm certainly no expert on these kinds of games, but that seems...bad? like a thing that you shouldn't be able to do, mess up one blockstring and now you've lost a full health character, and I don't know what the damage scaling is for if not for preventing something like that from happening

maybe I'm a dummy and it comes with the territory

ToD combos have always been a thing. Right now there are a few glitches that make some of them easy but those probably won't stick around.

This discussion has been closed.