Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Temporary Adequacy Syndrome

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 10 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Temporary Adequacy Syndrome

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on
TofystedethNightslyrZilla360cB557Andy JoeH3Knucklesfightinfilipino

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    TAS is a disease that strikes millions every year. Whether it be nailing a presentation, offering supportive parenting, or even just finishing house chores, these occurrences only serve as a temporary reprieve from the dread and fear that is existence and sure as the sun rises for many these spurts of life affirmation will only be the catalyst for a run of suckage that will far outweigh the positive stroke of luck.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    Man in the MistsNightslyrZilla360Andy JoeCommander ZoomH3KnucklesKamar
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I spent quite a bit of time feeling this way back when I began playing Team Fortress 2. After 20 or 30 hours playing it I became a decent player. By 100 hours I was good enough I stayed in the top ten players in a 40k player community. My main was Medic and I loved it. It allowed me to be a supportive playing (I'm a support class irl) but also gave me plenty of moments to shine (well timed ubercharges were always fun-especially with a good heavy in front of me). There were even moments when I was able to take on other classes solo. I was very, very good at running backwards while needling people. After 1k hours or so It started to lose its luster but i still look back on the game with great fondness. I made some great friends-some of whom I'm still friends with ten years later and have a lot of great memories. Managing to avoid serious carpel tunnel is a definite bonus. Games like that can be murder on your wrist.

I guess what I'm saying is I hope Jerry via Tycho isn't selling himself short. If a clumsy oaf like me can 'git gud' I'm certain he and others can, too.

Zilla360Nightslyr
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I love these stories. They remind me of when I was an avid Warhawk player.

I've never been good at multi-player shooters, and I generally avoid them altogether simply to save myself money and frustration. But Warhawk was a different beast. It was approachable, and no death ever felt cheap. A lot of different play styles were viable. I found my calling as, essentially, a skirmisher. While most people would try to secure the flag, or capture a zone, I was the guy being annoying, attacking from the flank or rear, or simply doing strafing runs. I managed to get my KDR to almost 1 (I died a lot during the first few months of playing the game before I figured out how to best play... I'm talking 0.25 and below KDR) before the game withered and died.

PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
    Zilla360
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Sorry, guys, didn't mean to kill the conversation :-/

PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
  • DelzhandDelzhand Noxalas! Registered User regular
    This is such a versatile comic. With minor tweaks to the first speech bubble, you can then send it to friends, coworkers, family, or anyone else who appreciates a little friendly hostility.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - November Elspeth (Sargatanas)
    dennisNightslyrZilla360H3Knuckles
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    This is such a versatile comic. With minor tweaks to the first speech bubble, you can then send it to friends, coworkers, family, or anyone else who appreciates a little friendly hostility.

I feel like Nick Foles has a copy of it in his locker.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    H3Knuckles