As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Sitting on about $40 in iTunes gift cards, I picked up the Frozen Throne bundle.

30 packs, no Legendary cards.

Also, it's been about a month since I got a Legendary from doing daily quests.

I'm getting salty.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I guess I’ll have to try the whizbang thang. Seems like a dodge to me, but then again here I am complaining about my dearth of cards soooooo...

Also, I could use a spectate quest if someone is playing? Kad#1432

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I don't know what Blizzard thought would happen with the Tavern Brawl besides literally everyone playing Jaina, but it definitely didn't.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I don't know what Blizzard thought would happen with the Tavern Brawl besides literally everyone playing Jaina, but it definitely didn't.

Uther is super playable as well. Especially if you start with Coin, you can race to getting your 4 horsemen before your opponent can play removal cards, and get cheap taunts up before they can trade with them.

But yeah, uh, the rest of them are pretty bad because while they have powerful Hero Powers, they're really powerful for their Battlecry effect. Gul'Dan and Thrall, in particular, really suffer. Rexxar is flat out too slow to be playable in this Brawl. Malfurion is okay, but not great. Valeera is okay.

It's pretty much Jaina, Uther, and to some extent Garrosh (because constant board wipes isn't terrible, and that can be a counter to Uther, if not Jaina) that are the only ones who are really playable.

I felt really bad stomping a Rexxar into the ground.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    I guess I’ll have to try the whizbang thang. Seems like a dodge to me, but then again here I am complaining about my dearth of cards soooooo...

Also, I could use a spectate quest if someone is playing? Kad#1432

I got whizbang as my golden for buying the $80 kit for boomsday. I was a little salty about that pick.

You can add me, i'm playing here and there. mightyCD#1262

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I've had fun playing a variety of heroes in the brawl. Though I'm mostly doing it to finish the "play 50 KotFT cards" quest so victory isn't the goal. I've had success with Paladin, Druid, Warrior and maybe one other? Oh, Hunter. Hunter is fun.

It's not all Mage. Though I'm annoyed that the next quest was "win 5 tavern brawls", I just played a bunch!

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Anyone else that can't log into battlenet?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

I logged in and sent @Mighty an invite but something seems to be wrong. I can't even load my list of friends who are never online.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Cog wrote: »

I logged in and sent @Mighty an invite but something seems to be wrong. I can't even load my list of friends who are never online.

I had some trouble attempting to accept it, but it let me do it eventually.
    I'm just trying to knock out the play KFT cards quest now.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Meh, I'm seeing you offline. I dunno if it's mucked up or what. I'm just on phone at work so I tend to ignore it and time out over and over anyhow.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    God I’m so fucking weak. I bought the frozen throne bundle for a game I barely play on the toilet anymore.

At least I got DK Rexxar... and Moorabi.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I don’t think I’m in the “whale” category but Blizzard definitely owns a piece of my soul I will never get back.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I don't think I'm going to buy the TFT packs. I will 100% buy the welcome bundle if it's $5.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    belgium has your back

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    oh man Dover, I finally found some patch notes you'll love!

njeqnbbf40n11.png

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I thought Dover's patch notes would be something about removing Shudderwock from the game.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I thought Dover's patch notes would be something about removing Shudderwock from the game.

Best birthday present for Dover would be a 2020 calendar.

Right? Shudderwock rotates out in 2020? Do I have that right? I can never keep this stuff straight.

356 more wins across four heroes before I think I can say I "beat" HS. That includes like 60 Shaman wins, so.... I may dust some Wild Legendaries this week and craft Hagatha and Al'Akir.

Already have Shudderwock, baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Still looking for a spectate if anyone's bored.

• Options
    I bought the bundle because I have more money than sense and unopened packs are my fucking catnip.

Got a Lich King which seems... fine...

And a Lana'thiel which seems like lol garbage.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    lich king is a great pull

i bought the packs knowing full well there's nothing left in that set that I need and was rewarded with Moorabi and Prince4

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @Yilias got my quest done, thanks!

EDIT:
    xnoguk725h73.png

Well I sure can't complain about that for my quest reward pack, so super thanks!

Cog on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Qweest Rouge wins again.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So..I got the KFT packs on a whim and I dunno, either Blizzard saw I hadn't been playing much lately or wanted to apologize for the shitshow that was my Boomsday haul because holee shit.

4 legendaries out of those 30 packs, including one golden! And it's the easiest disenchant in the world, Prince Valanar. The others had some decent ones though, got Prince Taldaram and Archbishop Benedictus (Bolvar was the fourth)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Oh hey, they fixed the brawl.Paladin now starts with the weapon.

• Options
    does warlock start with two doomguards, a voidlord, and 4 voidwalkers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Also had the DeathKnight in the deck which won me the game with a surprise 5 dmg weapon.

Bought the welcome pack, got extreme value:
    Golden card every 2-3 pack
    11 Epic 1 Golden epic
    Prince Keleseth and Golden Prince Valnar

Handkor on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Also had the DeathKnight in the deck which won me the game with a surprise 5 dmg weapon.

Bought the welcome pack, got extreme value:
    Golden card every 2-3 pack
    11 Epic 1 Golden epic
    Prince Keleseth and Golden Prince Valnar

lol fellow 1600 dust buddy!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to buy the TFT packs. I will 100% buy the welcome bundle if it's $5.

I'll buy the welcome bundle. I have a disease.

• Options
    the disease of capitalism

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Nope, this one is specifically hearthstone.

• Options
    I really should not be spending more money on this game because I'm getting back into MtG and I cannot support both hobbies reasonably. Magic is several orders of magnitude more expensive than this game.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    In the brawl my opponent had coin/penguin/ping to start out, breath of sindragosa/hit/ping on 4 and voodoo doll on 5

Yeah... not going to win that

• Options
    I really should not be spending more money on this game because I'm getting back into MtG and I cannot support both hobbies reasonably. Magic is several orders of magnitude more expensive than this game.

Support both hobbies unreasonably, obviously.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    In the brawl my opponent had coin/penguin/ping to start out, breath of sindragosa/hit/ping on 4 and voodoo doll on 5

Yeah... not going to win that
    The random decks can really bite you. No, I don't need more 1 health minions for my opponent to ping! Stop giving me them!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Look man, you dont need all of your kidneys...

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    You'll grow more blood.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Glad DKs are rotating because FL Jaina is one of the single most unfun cards to play against and immediately makes any board centric deck unviable if the game goes long

A single card should not be that oppressive

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am thinking about it but I feel I would be buying more Dust with my luck in getting cards

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I think that this month was my most miserable slog to rank five that I’ve had since I started hitting rank five every month. Twice I got to within a win or two of rank five and then went on massive losing streaks down to rank nine. Now, that’s in large part on me and my stress levels at work tilting me before I even start Hearthstone, but still.

The meta feels like it’s all polarized matchups, and consistency feels way too high right now. Over the last year, I’ve been maintaining my account on NA/EU/Asia servers, but in the last month I’ve cut back to my NA profile only. I just have no great interest.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Glad DKs are rotating because FL Jaina is one of the single most unfun cards to play against and immediately makes any board centric deck unviable if the game goes long

A single card should not be that oppressive

It was one of the legendaries I got in my free packs when I started playing again. I'm getting the impression I should make a deck with it, or....?