As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I like Rabble Bouncer, but man I hate the wide board punishment cards.

Soup Vendor looks cool but I don't think it ever sees play. Yeah, it does stuff in Warlock and Healadin but a 1/4 doesn't excite me.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    E: Never mind, not a beast.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Acolyte will probably average more cards per game than Vendor.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Vendor isn't good but it's a card that can very easily suddenly become a funny combo piece if they ever print like, Arcane Missiles But For Healing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I assume aoe lifesteal spells will count as a single instance of healing. Spirit Lash with some spell damage would probably break if it were multiple.

Arcane Missiles But For Healing is Healing Rain, but the only way to pump that from ticks of 1 to ticks of 3 would be combining multiple classes legendaries like Velen/Kangor.

E: Wild could do Hallazeal and Lightning Storm, I feel like that would actually work for multiple draws.

Yilias on
  • Options
    IjmldnF.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hmm

Hmm

Yeah I dunno about that.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Hmm

Hmm

Yeah I dunno about that.

I can see people trying to make it work in heavy-aggro metas IF the overkill triggers for each creature. At that point it might be worth a little work to try and spell power it up and attach a cabalist's tome to your board wipe.

But not likely.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    uhhhh can the overkill part trigger multiple times

like if you kill three 1 health minions does it give you three spells or just the one

don't matter anyway. i'm not paying 5 mana to deal 2 damage, that's fucking disgusting

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    mtcLYIE.jpg?1

i hope he's entertained

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Valeeratree.

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

• Options
    also playing fuck around decks in ranks 20+ really drives home just why they're so scared of printing good hunter aggro cards

they're so linear and functional that i have to actually like, start paying attention if i want to win

this dude just played Goblin Bomb Face.dek and he did it, cuz i was playing thief rogue!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

like if you kill three 1 health minions does it give you three spells or just the one

don't matter anyway. i'm not paying 5 mana to deal 2 damage, that's fucking disgusting

People pay 6 mana for 2 damage to all enemies plus freeze them

So yeah I'm not sure why this spell costs 5, other than to support Odd Mage or something.

• Options
    It's 2 mana more than Volcanic Potion, and as we've seen getting 1 random mage spell already costs 1 mana. Bundling a pair of cards is usually about another mana. So it's costed based on the assumption that you get 1 random spell to begin with.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I mean, that would be really satisfying to blow up an odd paladin's board and get 5 random spells or something. It's also alright with Sindragosa. It's going to feel bad anytime there isn't a one health minion though.

• Options
    edited November 2018

People pay 6 mana for 2 damage to all enemies plus freeze them

So yeah I'm not sure why this spell costs 5, other than to support Odd Mage or something.

Blizzard is stall and sets up for future turns though. The Freeze is a huge part of it.

Blast Wave's Overkill only works if it kills 1 health minions which is a little awkward. I mean I guess there's some value in getting the rando cards, maybe. Good vs Odd Paladin anyway, right. Hrmmmm.

Plus let's be real Odd Mage will run it anyway because they need to and they need another high cost spell to support Dragon's Fury.

Also we did get confirmation that the Overkill can trigger multiple times so killing multiple 1-health minions yields multiple rando spells.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    If it triggers multiple times then yeah it has a better value to me. The current meta has a glut of 1 health minions right now.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    where that says "play a Secret" rather than "Put a Secret from your deck into the battlefield." like Mad Scientist did, I'm guessing that means it does upgrade hunter spellstone?
    "Play" also implies it would trigger Counterspell or (in Wild) Cat Trap. So either they botched the wording on this one or we're actually going to be seeing some new interactions.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Would it still not count as you playing the secret? Like how "cast" doesn't count as you casting the spell (unless it does, sometimes).

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Who the hell knows? This game is so inconsistent.

If it doesn't actually count as though you played the spell, then they should have used the Mad Scientist wording.

forty on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Soup Vendor flavor text: "Orange you glad it's not funnel cake?"

(Just my guess, anyway ...)

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    49689.png + tome-of-intellect.png + 1 mana + conditional trigger = blast-wave-card-art.png

Hahaha no

Maybe spell power for multiple triggers. Maybe

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    49689.png + tome-of-intellect.png + 1 mana + conditional trigger = blast-wave-card-art.png

Hahaha no

Maybe spell power for multiple triggers. Maybe

Trouble with spell power is you're killing your spell power minions with it. It's just all sorts of no.

I don't think this sees play outside of Odd Mage, at all. And unfortunately, doesn't really work to justify Odd Mage, either.

• Options
    It's a card for big spell mage I suppose, maybe? But their hands tend to be full already anyway

• Options
    Dragon's Fury rotates in April, but that seems like a really shitty replacement.

• Options
    It can't even kill a level up board on 5

• Options

Yeah if you're up against Odd Paladin, the question becomes: Are you second player, and did you keep your coin? Because if the answer is no to either of those questions, you're probably done.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    There are some sweet cards being printed for the next expansion, IMO.

Are we all in agreement that the final expansion in any given year is the most powerful because of the impending rotation the following spring?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    No the spring rotation expansion is probably the most important because that adds fully a quarter of all the available cards and sets the tone for that year

Phyphor on
  • Options
    I think the power level of any given expansion is a bit of a crapshoot.

Compare, for example, Boomsday versus Frozen Throne, both occupying the same slot. Very different effects on standard.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yeah if you're up against Odd Paladin, the question becomes: Are you second player, and did you keep your coin? Because if the answer is no to either of those questions, you're probably done.

Yeah that's a mandatory keep the coin for 4 scenario

They were so close to something actually good too. "Overkill: cast this again" is an actual board clear, is much more complex and less powerful than a godfrey and involves the hero power in setting up chains - and this is the era of the hero power mage apparently

• Options
    i'm looking at the rogue card reveals so far and i have no fucking idea what they're going for with them this expac

...again.

hmmm

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The only thing I know about Rogue is that Miracle will be good for the first month.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Initial thoughts after playing for a few days:

- I don't have enough cards to even make a dent in Standard, right now. I'm thinking about just saving all my gold for the upcoming expansion. As a result I am mostly playing Wild.
    - Druids seem ridiculous in Wild. Between Mecathun stall decks and whatever Jade thing I got decimated by a few times, I'm thinking about just auto-conceding against Druids.
    - The srs bsns decks I come up against almost exclusively run the legendaries that change hero power based on deck composition. IDGI. It really doesn't seem that worth it.
    - Despite issues with Druid, my Pacification Healadin Control deck I made during TGT works well, its as fun as it was before and it working me through the ranks in Wild. I've even beat a few legend card back players who were running some very coherent decks.
    - There were some really cool concepts released since I've been gone. I like the idea of quests, rush is a great keyword. Of course there has been what feels like pretty significant power creep, but its not too bad if my old stuff can still compete in wild.
    - I LOVE the single player deckbuilder adventure things. They've kept me up way later than I should have. The rewards are basically non-existent, though. Why make this cool gamemode with no rewards?

I still don't know what I should do when it comes to building back up my collection to be competitive in Standard. I'm waffling between: (A) Not spending any resources until the Spring expansion and then going all in at the beginning of that Year. I should have a ton saved up by that point with plenty of Dust/Gold to make whatever I want for most classes. Downside is that means I am exclusively playing Wild for the next 5 months. or (B) Waiting for the RR Meta to shake out a bit, then spend what will be most of my dust to get a Standard Deck that could last me through to the rotation, still saving Gold for the Spring expansion. Downside to this is that I would be spending quite a bit of my resources on cards that will only be useable for a year. or (C) wait for RR and spend all my dust/gold on a full compliment of standard decks. It will give me plenty of cards to make what I need and have fun immediately, but severely handicap me for when the rotation hits since I will likely not have anything saved up for it when it comes.

• Options

1 spell per dead minion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3lWtNxZYPY

• Options
    All those Dragon's Furies. They must have seeded the RNG for that demo too!

• Options
    In an actual game they would all be glacial mysteries

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    636784490090644995.png
    636784492446036658.png

Seems like a pretty strong 1-drop for aggro decks. By the time the Taunt minion shows up, it'll probably die to a single minion. Had to be a Deathrattle to avoid Call to Arms value.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    [whoops dover beat me pretend there was a pic of taskmaster here]

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY REPRINTING ZOMBIE CHOW

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Giving your opponent a 0/3 Taunt is a much bigger downside than heal 3, especially early game, imo.