As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Man, the looming Steelers rebuild is gonna be ugly.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    So with it being not quite halfway through the season, what're folks thoughts so far on the AAF?

Overall what games I've caught I've mostly enjoyed. It doesn't feel faster, but at the end of the game I check the time and I feel like I always end up surprised by how much earlier it is than I expected. It also doesn't feel slower, and in general I feel like they spend more time actually playing football. But that could be something as little as how quickly it goes from TD scored to opponent's drive starting.

Also curious to see what happens with some of the players and coaches. Overall, the system so far appears much closer to the NFL than the college system, so I wonder if we'll see anyone being able to make the jump.

I've loved what I've seen and it's constantly felt/been faster-paced than NFL/CFL, I'm impressed with both attendance and ratings (with TNT using a clause in their contract to get 3 regular season games already announced as flexed to their network, it's pretty obvious fans aren't the only ones), and I'm very interested in seeing how things look after the championship game, especially with heavily-teased NFL interest in making it a feeder/developmental league for third-stringers looking to see some playtime on the side when the big league starts its own offseason, which seems a lot like a partnership that would help the league survive and thrive

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

Here's hoping!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    fuckin' god willing

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Didn't realise Justin Houston was cut yesterday

What a garbage contract that was

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Lions sign Danny Amendola for 1 year deal for 4.5 million. Not sure how I feel about it; he's not Golden Tate, but Tate's going to get paid this off season and the Lion's don't have the cap for that. They could have gone after someone like Cole Beasley but maybe he doesn't fit the "locker room culture" with his complaining about touches. Probably doesn't matter as the Lion's aren't close to competing with their own division yet.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cole Beasley wants way more money than he's worth.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

I don't know, I think if you have to earn all of your money in 10 years or less, and the owners are fucking rich enough to end world hunger, all of the athletes are asking for too little

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I don't know, I think if you have to earn all of your money in 10 years or less, and the owners are fucking rich enough to end world hunger, all of the athletes are asking for too little

Cole Beasley wants more money than he's worth compared the salary of other players.

Since we're forcing people to worry about semantics today.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Cole Beasley and Adam Humphries have to fight each other to the death for a roster spot in New England. It's in the CBA.

• Options
  • Options
    Get paid when you can while you can

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Is gruden an inside man for the nfl to blow up the raiders so badly that mark davis has to sell them

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Well, I'd been thinking it'd be nice for the Patriots to keep Trent Brown but, uh, not at those numbers. Good for him though, get out there and get paid while you can.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Lions sign Danny Amendola for 1 year deal for 4.5 million. Not sure how I feel about it; he's not Golden Tate, but Tate's going to get paid this off season and the Lion's don't have the cap for that. They could have gone after someone like Cole Beasley but maybe he doesn't fit the "locker room culture" with his complaining about touches. Probably doesn't matter as the Lion's aren't close to competing with their own division yet.

RIP 'Dola... at least we had LI.

• Options
    I'm reading that the Raiders are very cash poor so even though they have the cap space they might be out on anymore free agents.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I'm reading that the Raiders are very cash poor so even though they have the cap space they might be out on anymore free agents.

Makes a ton of sense, no building of their own, took a dump on their fans, sent fan favorites packing last year. They have to be surviving on profit sharing.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Mark Davis might not be able to afford all you can eat wings at Hooters if this keeps up. Poor guy!

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Mark Davis might not be able to afford all you can eat wings at Hooters if this keeps up. Poor guy!

How will he get his haircut??

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

How will he get his haircut??

Well you can wash the bowl and reuse it.

• Options
    Washington gave Landon Collins 6 years, $84mil

$45mil guaranteed and paid out over the first 3 years

• Options

Of all the fucking teams... Why the slurs?

I hope the Giants know what they're doing not signing him.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Niner's fans were bitching about a slight overpay for a MLB...Snyder said hold my beer.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    That Collins deal is bonkers

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Lions signing all the Patriots they can

Basically an upgrade over Ansah who couldn't ever stay on the field.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Earl Thomas's agent is the happiest man alive right now.

EDIT: oh right, the reason I came to the thread in the first place - sounds like the prodigal son is returning to Philly. Desean Jackson's people are saying that he's agreed to terms on a three year deal and he tweeted a goodbye to the Bucs, although he technically hasn't been released yet. Premature celebration is still his brand, apparently.

shalmelo on
  • Options

I love him so much. Please don't let him go out like this.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

I love him so much. Please don't let him go out like this.

I can’t comprehend this statement.

Frank Gore is going to play long after the sun dies and the earth is cold.

• Options
    Jags get Foles. 4 yrs $88mil

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular

Wew baby that’s a decent commitment

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Jags get Foles. 4 yrs $88mil

Schefter says the guaranteed money is $50.125mil

• Options
    Damn, that's more than I would have expected given that the Jags were apparently negotiating against themselves. Way to get paid, Nick.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Buffalo has success with old ass RBs so I think this is good

Plus there’s got to be some headline potential for teams to get Gore’d by Buffalo

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Sadly they had to let go of WR Robert Ford.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Foles whips between the greatest qb to ever live and person who looks like they should never be on the field again.

So a straight upgrade for the jags.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Preacher I love you

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.