As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I got the second volume of the Lucasarts Archives on eBay. It has the Rebel Assault games and Tie Fighter.
    It is actually pretty cheap.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I got the second volume of the Lucasarts Archives on eBay. It has the Rebel Assault games and Tie Fighter.

There's gonna be a Rebel Assault Limited Run so I'm just waiting for that.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options

There's gonna be a Rebel Assault Limited Run so I'm just waiting for that.

Bah. Didn't know about that.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

A fantastic game, with some free coasters thrown in! :wink:

• Options
    I actually have Tie Fighter already, I just really felt like some Rebel Assault.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    They are kind of fun. Well, they were. They were a definite novelty at the time. No clue how they hold up, I haven't tried them probably since they came out.

They're on GOG & Steam if the disc versions prove hard to get up and running on modern hardware, of course. But best of luck, hopefully they're easier than the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games were before the re-release.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Vol. 2 of the archives were like $15. There must have been a large print run.

• Options

Most likely. Those games were mostly big sellers back then anyway, and the Archives sets were ridiculously good value compilations of mostly fantastic games.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Most likely. Those games were mostly big sellers back then anyway, and the Archives sets were ridiculously good value compilations of mostly fantastic games.

Yeah. It seems like the Vol. 1 is the high priced rare one.

I lucked out and got that one back in the day.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Cool. I have both somewhere... Loved those rereleases.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    You can also get all the versions of Tie Fighter and X-Wing dirt cheap on gog.

• Options
    You can also get all the versions of Tie Fighter and X-Wing dirt cheap on gog.

And they include all the various different releases of them, which is extra cool.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm still annoyed that I can't get TIE Fighter Windows 95 to run on my Windows 10 machine (even though it used to). Older versions? Sure.

• Options
    It seems like they replaced the Imuse music with redbook in later versions. That kind of loses the charm.

• Options
    Yeah, they did. A common criticism of the later releases, with good reason. The orchestral recordings are nice, but the Imuse system was fantastic.

• Options
    I need to download all my gog games and back them up.

• Options
    I managed to snag a disc of Monkey Island 1 and 2 on eBay. That way, I can have the imuse on the second game. I had them on a PC Gamer disc, but I lost the code.

• Options
    Hey, look! A three-headed monkey!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I guess that cd has the imuse for Monkey Island 2. I read that it has redbook for Monkey Island 1.

Krathoon on
  • Options

Is GoG disappearing soon?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Is GoG disappearing soon?

No. Just feel like making a backup.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I am in a Lucasarts mood. Might play The Dig. I seem to have forgotten a chunk of it.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Atari is sharing that picture because they also announced that backers aren't getting anything this year. Supposedly launching to the public March next year but I still wouldn't expect it.

• Options
    The cased version of the ZX Spectrum Next is currently nearly two years behind schedule, but that's being helmed by just a small team of enthusiasts and it's strange to think the original schedule was considered anywhere near realistic. It's almost nice to see that even big companies can end up with hardware delays too!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Atari is sharing that picture because they also announced that backers aren't getting anything this year. Supposedly launching to the public March next year but I still wouldn't expect it.

Launching alongside the Phantom.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The cased version of the ZX Spectrum Next is currently nearly two years behind schedule, but that's being helmed by just a small team of enthusiasts and it's strange to think the original schedule was considered anywhere near realistic. It's almost nice to see that even big companies can end up with hardware delays too!

Well, it's Atari, or, rather, "Atari." Probably bigger than the Spectrum guys but nowhere near a large, well-oiled machine.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

Atari is a name owned by like one guy at this point, its hardly a company anymore. Whatever work is actually being done on this unit appears to be all on a contract basis, such as the main designer of the motherboard who quit after they failed to pay him for months. That people still think its the Atari of old probably explains how they pulled in so many kickstarter dollars.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options

Atari is a name owned by like one guy at this point, its hardly a company anymore. Whatever work is actually being done on this unit appears to be all on a contract basis, such as the main designer of the motherboard who quit after they failed to pay him for months. That people still think its the Atari of old probably explains how they pulled in so many kickstarter dollars.

I think the Atari brand is owned by some investors who license out the name to other companies. Then yank it when they realize they can make more money elsewhere.

Nostalgia also got a ton of backers. I originally backed it and once I realized they made you buy controllers to actually play games on it separately I got out before it closed. Probably a good thing since I get their updates and it is sounding a lot like the Atari watch fiasco. Lots of prototype photos and promises how it is coming soon. What makes this one worse is that they actually got big companies to toss in their support to sell them in 2020.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Valid points about the Atari name and whatnot, I should have remembered that.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Yeah, they did. A common criticism of the later releases, with good reason. The orchestral recordings are nice, but the Imuse system was fantastic.

It is, but being the prole I am, I'll take the X-Wing vs TIE Fighter engine over the original non-texture-mapped models. :confused:

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

It is, but being the prole I am, I'll take the X-Wing vs TIE Fighter engine over the original non-texture-mapped models. :confused:

I'll whisper it, but I can't say I disagree...

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Official post of the boxes for the Turbografx-16/PC-Engine-Core Grafx Minis:

Gradius for scale.

• Options
    I am so hyped to get this! Even though I still have the original and it runs fine, this one is so going to be played a ton!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I am so hyped to get this! Even though I still have the original and it runs fine, this one is so going to be played a ton!

I've had a white PC Engine, a PC Engine GT, a Turbo Duo and a TurboExpress... and now, due to circumstances beyond my control some years ago, I have none of them. So despite not all the games I had being on it (most are!), this one is probably going to feel like coming home. It'll be an emotional day.

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I am trying to buy Fudou Myououden on eBay.

I found a YouTube walkthrough the game. The author of it was dead. Yikes.

First time I ran across a dead YouTuber.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Thought I just heard earlier that the Arcade1UP TMNT cabinet doesn't feature the original music. That's not the case, is it?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Thought I just heard earlier that the Arcade1UP TMNT cabinet doesn't feature the original music. That's not the case, is it?

Yes and no. Most of the music is exactly the same. The theme song from the cartoon is a re-recording. A pretty good one in my opinion.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It has a lady's voice for "Heroes in a half shell.". I like it. I like to think it is April.

The rest of the music is the originals.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    I feel like getting NES Strider.