As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    FYI tg-16 mini controllers and multi tap are in stock on amazon right now. go go go go!

The shipping and import duty to the UK almost doubles the price. Youch.

Amazon UK is showing them as "currently unavailable (we don't know if or when etc etc)". That happened since I ordered one, when it was still "we'll hopefully have more in at some point" or whatever it is they say. In the meantime I preordered an 8BitDo one just to be on the safe side...

You'll probably have a second batch coming soon like we have here.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    FYI tg-16 mini controllers and multi tap are in stock on amazon right now. go go go go!

Amazon UK is showing them as "currently unavailable (we don't know if or when etc etc)". That happened since I ordered one, when it was still "we'll hopefully have more in at some point" or whatever it is they say. In the meantime I preordered an 8BitDo one just to be on the safe side...

Now I'm curious if the exorbitant shipping is something on the American side or our side, since that's what kept me from getting the damn thing in the first place.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Okay, I don't know why this isn't letting me edit on mobile now, but it looks like Amazon.com is sold out, anyway -- the ones they have are marked-up items from resellers. I wonder when/if they'll restock.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Now I'm curious if the exorbitant shipping is something on the American side or our side, since that's what kept me from getting the damn thing in the first place.

Just happens when I look at Amazon US stock to be shipped to the UK. Prime won't cover that!

The American side will be applying it, I think, based on what they know of shipping costs and import duty and hating us people not in 'Murrica (probably). Although of course part of that (duty) will end up on our sides, so... yeah.

Betsuni wrote: »

You'll probably have a second batch coming soon like we have here.

Yeah, more than likely.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Okay, I don't know why this isn't letting me edit on mobile now, but it looks like Amazon.com is sold out, anyway -- the ones they have are marked-up items from resellers. I wonder when/if they'll restock.

The current editing-on-mobile problem is a known issue - there's a thread here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/236352/cant-edit-posts#latest

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    And, of course, there's an official Snatcher translation on the Sega CD.

But yeah, no fan translation for the PC-Engine CD version exists.

I'm hoping it will be done, but who knows.

The game is basically unplayable without Japanese knowledge, unless you have a LOT of patience for sifting through countless narrative choices until you pick the right one.
    (See also: Shadowrun Sega CD)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Snatcher is a bit annoying because, leaving aside the "OMG Kojima" angle, what I can see of it both looks and sounds amazing. Even if it's so blatantly "Blade Runner meets The Terminator" style-wise - which isn't really a negative anyway :lol:

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Home arcade cabinet manufacturer Arcade1Up has announced four new machines: Ms. Pac-Man, Big Buck Hunter, a Marvel vs. Capcom / X-Men vs. Street Fighter crossover and a physical table featuring Zen Studios' digital Marvel Pinball.

Games Included in the Arcade 1Up Ms. Pac-Man Cabinet
    -- Galaxian
    -- Ms. Pac-Man
    -- Pac-Mania
    -- Pac-Man Plus

Games Included in the Arcade 1Up X-Men vs. Street Fighter Cabinet
    -- Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes
    -- X-Men: Children of the Atom
    -- X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
    -- X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Games Included in the Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes Cabinet
    -- Mavel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
    -- Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems
    -- Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes
    -- X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Games Included in the Arcade1Up Big Buck Hunter Cabinet
    -- Big Buck Hunter Pro
    -- Big Buck Hunter Pro Open Season
    -- Big Buck Safari
    -- Big Buck Safari Outback

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    It's kind of weird to have half the games shared between the two fighter cabinets, but I guess that will probably make them more money, so it's understandable.

And is that the first light gun Arcade 1-up?

forty on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'd genuinely back them if they did some more light gun cabinets, since that's something very difficult to replicate at home nowadays.

(Time Crisis, House of the Dead, the American Laser Games, etc.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    How dare you hide Point Blank inside an "etc."

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    How dare you hide Point Blank inside an "etc."

I like my melodrama. :)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I'd like to play Virtua Cop 3 again. I dropped a few coins into it in the arcade and assumed it would get a home release at some point.

Obviously this never happened.

• Options
    I'd love to see Area 51 as well. The one game my brother memorized and could beat with one quarter.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    It's kind of weird to have half the games shared between the two fighter cabinets, but I guess that will probably make them more money, so it's understandable.

Which one would you personally say is better?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »

I played fighting games relatively sparingly, so I have no strong attachment or memories of Children of the Atom and Mutant Apocalypse vs. the two Marvel Super Heroes games.

Also, I'm a bit confused, because I thought War of the Gems was a mediocre SNES side scroller.

Edit: Wait a minute, and wasn't Mutant Apocalypse also another lackluster SNES game? Do each of these cabinets have an SNES game or something?

forty on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Man, Neutopia 2, have fuckin' mercy...the sixth dungeon is a 5-floor monstrosity. 18 rooms per floor (and that's not counting secret rooms) and lots of them force you to fight enemies to leave. You constantly have to use bombs to get to certain areas, secret and required and you are going to frequently run out of bombs. When you need bombs though...the fucking game doesn't give them to you. You go from room to room, fighting enemies over and over to get them to drop bombs and sometimes, it just never fucking happens. Took me hours upon hours to finally beat that dungeon. Adding insult to injury, the game doesn't remember what rooms you've been to, so the second you leave a floor and come back, it's as if you were never there.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »

I played fighting games relatively sparingly, so I have no strong attachment or memories of Children of the Atom and Mutant Apocalypse vs. the two Marvel Super Heroes games.

Also, I'm a bit confused, because I thought War of the Gems was a mediocre SNES side scroller.

Edit: Wait a minute, and wasn't Mutant Apocalypse also another lackluster SNES game? Do each of these cabinets have an SNES game or something?

War of the gems was an arcade fighter before the vs series I believe.

Edit nope Google says it was a snes beat em up

RickRude on
  • Options
    I'd like to play Virtua Cop 3 again. I dropped a few coins into it in the arcade and assumed it would get a home release at some point.

I forgot there even was a third one.

• Options

I don't think I ever knew there was a third one!

• Options
    edited June 2020

It's great, arguably the last good traditional lightgun game.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

It's great, arguably the last good traditional lightgun game.

Dem's fightin' words, sir!

(VC3 is certainly one of the last great ones, no doubt.)

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Was there a House of the Dead 4? I think it was in the arcade.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I never played it on PS3, but I enjoyed Time Crisis 4--it wasn't the best one by any means, but it was definitely still a good game.

• Options
    Lots of light gun games in the arcade. Must be easy to make.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Lots of light gun games in the arcade. Must be easy to make.

The new ones feel off. The aiming reticle stays on the screen and moves more slowly than just aiming the gun and shooting. I like Area 51!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
      I always wanted to get good at silent scope but it cost like a buck 25 per play at the local theater when I was a kid.

• Options
      edited June 2020
      I remember when Time Crisis and Point Blank came out on the PS1, with that frankly excellent Namco lightgun - which it should be, given how awkward the thing was to plug in. Lots of fun with those two games, Point Blank especially. I had a mate who got them too so we could two-player them. Good times.

I think that was my first lightgun since the Sega Light Phaser that came with my Master System - the version with Hang-On and Safari Hunt built in.

Jazz on
    • Options
      Was there a House of the Dead 4? I think it was in the arcade.

It's terrible, just like every Time Crisis after 2. Less focus on pinpoint accuracy, more BRRAAATATATA. No skill involved anymore, just shoot all the things!.

That's why I think VC3 was the last true lightgun game.

wVEsyIc.png
    • Options
      I go to Dave and Busters and see all the gun games and motion games and go "Nah!". Missing the old stuff.

• Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Yeah, modern arcades are a far cry from the cabinets of my youth. I mean, I get it, but it still doesn’t inspire the same energy from me anymore.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      MNC Dover wrote: »
      Yeah, modern arcades are a far cry from the cabinets of my youth. I mean, I get it, but it still doesn’t inspire the same energy from me anymore.

I feel the same way. Especially when I saw a Fruit Ninja arcade at a D&B awhile ago.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Yeah, most western makers of arcade cabinets have kind of given up. But have you heard of a chain called Round One? Their strategy is to open up in closed department stores in dying malls. I went to the one in Exton, PA, and ho lee shit. Bigger than Dave & Busters, and like 75 percent of their arcade games are Japanese imports. Loads of old favorites plus new stuff you probably haven't heard of. (Did you know there's a Final Fantasy Theatrythm arcade game? I was able to play it.) Plus a bowling alley, karaoke rooms, pool, darts, beer, etc. I seriously geeked out while I was there. They can be in weird places (Exton is a small town an hour outside Philadelphia), so check to see if there's one in your state.

...er, maybe after the pandemic dies down; you don't want to handle the same joystick everyone else has. I hope they survive this thing okay; their location list has a crazy ambitious list of future locations, which can often stretch growing companies too thin.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      cloudeagle wrote: »

Yeah, most western makers of arcade cabinets have kind of given up. But have you heard of a chain called Round One? Their strategy is to open up in closed department stores in dying malls. I went to the one in Exton, PA, and ho lee shit. Bigger than Dave & Busters, and like 75 percent of their arcade games are Japanese imports. Loads of old favorites plus new stuff you probably haven't heard of. (Did you know there's a Final Fantasy Theatrythm arcade game? I was able to play it.) Plus a bowling alley, karaoke rooms, pool, darts, beer, etc. I seriously geeked out while I was there. They can be in weird places (Exton is a small town an hour outside Philadelphia), so check to see if there's one in your state.

...er, maybe after the pandemic dies down; you don't want to handle the same joystick everyone else has. I hope they survive this thing okay; their location list has a crazy ambitious list of future locations, which can often stretch growing companies too thin.

That’s not too far away for me. I’ll check it out if/when things chill out.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options

That is awesome. The mall down the road is a future location. Hope they make it through so I can check it out once it is done.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      Looks like there's one not too far from where I used to live. Damn, that would have been awesome.

• Options
      edited June 2020
      Neutopia 2 complete. All my complaints aside, it's a decent Zelda1 clone.

The ending teases Neutopia 3 coming in "199x" but it doesn't look like it ever got made.

TelMarine on
    • Options
      Was this the TG16 Neutopia or the PC Engine one?

• Options
      Was this the TG16 Neutopia or the PC Engine one?

Turbografx-16 version.

Add this to the list of games that suggest an upcoming sequel in the credits but then never materialize. The other, that I've seen, is Mutant League Basketball.

• Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular

Got one a half hour from me.
      I'll have to try and remember it when the party committee is looking for ideas post plague.