As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    My wife and I just finished loading the last of our things from our house in pdx into a cargo van. Every other move we’ve been able to afford to have someone else do that. I commented “we’re really bad lesbians, it took us 15 years to u-haul.”

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

Platy on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    'Put your anxiety on hold' is certainly some advice

You should not be honest to medical professionals who are working against your best interests

If you are a minority, they are often working against your best interests, especially depending on where you live

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    'Put your anxiety on hold' is certainly some advice

You should not be honest to medical professionals who are working against your best interests

If you are a minority, they are often working against your best interests, especially depending on where you live

to clarify, cEddy isn't saying 'magically stop feeling anxious' he is saying 'unfortunately you probably won't be able to concurrently seek treatment for dysphoria and anxiety because your doctors are bastards/the system is fucked, so it's probably best to lie about the anxiety for now'

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    When I'm in a room with a therapist there's no way they don't know about my anxiety even if I never mention it because talking to therapists makes me anxious.

Literally every doctor or therapist I've seen in the last year has mentioned it within 5 minutes of meeting.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    There are liability issues involved with allowing people to give medical advice on the forums, so please be careful and refrain from anything that could look like that in public threads.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Y'all I have this bra that is great and has stars on it and it makes my boobs like "waaaaah" and then s tight-ish shirt and it feels great!

I have had several creepy stares. That feels not great.

But fuck that, today is body positivity day!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17472457.women-hit-back-at-archaic-and-damaging-views-on-transgender-rights-in-scathing-open-letter/ An open letter was published in yesterday's The Herald in Scotland supporting trans rights, in response to the Scottish government’s pledge to reform the Gender Recognition Act to make it more accessible to trans people.
    Trans people have played an integral role in every civil rights movement to date; from LGBT equality to women’s causes. Attempts to airbrush trans people from conversations regarding equality and human rights, or to exclude them from advancements for LGBT and women’s rights, have happened before. Such efforts may have re-energised, but they are nothing new, and we say as a collective of women: they are not representative of us. We support trans rights.

Outlets and commentators have an ethical responsibility to consider the impact of their reportage, analysis and commentary particularly on the mental health of trans young people. Recently, data from Stonewall Scotland revealed that over half of trans people considered ending their lives last year. Trans people continue to face unlawful discrimination and violence. Routine misinformation and sensationalism is contributing to a cultural climate where this is legitimised. This has to stop.

The letter was signed by over 70 women, including women's rights activists like Sinead Daly (CEO of the Women's Rape And Sexual Abuse Center - Dundee & Angus), politicians like Parliament member Gail Ross, and celebrities like Emma Thompson

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I'm out as myself and it is carnival so in theory I should be less stressed (oh what a funny costume) but that isn't really true

Platy on
  • Options
    I travelled to see other trans people yesterday

They all seem higher-functioning than me, they're completely normal people who just happen to be trans. I've continually worried that I lack the mental resources to meet what would be my own goals for transition. I got prescribed Ritalin last week but so far the effects have felt weak, it's probably a matter of dosage.

One person next to me didn't know her boundaries, she was twenty years older older than me and she touched me four or five times. I'm also sure she pulled back my skirt over my thigh and to my butt, I definitely felt her doing it and I don't know what else could've caused it.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Do not judge yourself against the image other people present when they are being social.

They very specifically want to appear "together"and you won't see their "not together"

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    boundary issues are

a thing

in this community, unfortunately. IRL and online, frankly.

(edit: the trans community at large, not his forum)

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Entaru wrote: »
    Do not judge yourself against the image other people present when they are being social.

They very specifically want to appear "together"and you won't see their "not together"

I know but I have what is in retrospect severe inattentive ADHD (I tick most of the boxes on the life impairment chart). I have to hope things improve. I'm also far enough along the autism spectrum that doctors acknowledge it.

Platy on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I travelled to see other trans people yesterday

They all seem higher-functioning than me, they're completely normal people who just happen to be trans. I've continually worried that I lack the mental resources to meet what would be my own goals for transition. I got prescribed Ritalin last week but so far the effects have felt weak, it's probably a matter of dosage.

One person next to me didn't know her boundaries, she was twenty years older older than me and she touched me four or five times. I'm also sure she pulled back my skirt over my thigh and to my butt, I definitely felt her doing it and I don't know what else could've caused it.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Platy. Are you OK?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Mostly, but it sucks that I'm going to have to throw out that skirt now.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Wow I just read the second half of that, Platy. I'm so sorry. That's absolutely reprehensible and a clear crossing of boundaries. Tons of hugs and I hope you never have to deal with that stuff again

• Options
    Oh hey y'all uh I have gotten through phase one and they wanna schedule an interviewwwwwww

I'm gonna go vom

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Very few people are “together” and are just cobbling their life in such a way that you can’t see the duct-tape keeping it all in place.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Sterica wrote: »
    Very few people are “together” and are just cobbling their life in such a way that you can’t see the duct-tape keeping it all in place.

I wish I could awesome this more than once.

The most important thing I have learned as an adult is that pretty much everyone is confused, scared, and can feel like an imposter. No matter how perfect they seem from the outside.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I always have my shit together, except for when I don’t, in which case, I am a total mess....... which is all of the time.

Neco on
  • Options
    I realize that this is good general advice (it is) but in my case this is mostly about impairment and disability.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hey, figured I'd let y'all know in case you haven't heard, yet

Chelsea Manning Says She May Be Jailed for Contempt of Court
    Chelsea Manning, the former Army intelligence analyst who sent archives of secret military and diplomatic documents to WikiLeaks in 2010, said on Thursday that she had refused to answer questions about her interactions with the antisecrecy organization before a grand jury — and might be sent to jail as soon as Friday.

Just, ya' know, spread the word. Military prison was hell on her, and in her position I'd be absolutely terrified of going to jail.

I'm not going to link directly to her fundraising due to forum policy, but you can follow up on everything via her twitter account

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    Hey, figured I'd let y'all know in case you haven't heard, yet

Chelsea Manning Says She May Be Jailed for Contempt of Court
    Chelsea Manning, the former Army intelligence analyst who sent archives of secret military and diplomatic documents to WikiLeaks in 2010, said on Thursday that she had refused to answer questions about her interactions with the antisecrecy organization before a grand jury — and might be sent to jail as soon as Friday.

Just, ya' know, spread the word. Military prison was hell on her, and in her position I'd be absolutely terrified of going to jail.

I'm not going to link directly to her fundraising due to forum policy, but you can follow up on everything via her twitter account

Fuck :(

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    sure love living under this blighted scumhole of a government

I'd sooner break its ankle than lick its boot

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    what else could they possibly wring from her? she was in prison for fucking years! y'all know what she fuckin knows already, i'd pretty much goddamn guarantee it, and even if you don't, forcing whistle-blowers to expose their sources and their methods don't sit right with me at all, even divorced from the context of this current case.

fuckin hopeless scum, the folks at the top.

• Options
    I believe Trump has referred to her as something like an "ungrateful traitor"

assume a hostile administration

honestly, assume it regardless of who's in charge

the U.S. REALLY hates getting the whistle blown on it, for all the good it ever actually does

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Does this affect her pardon? She’s not on probation or anything right?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    Does this affect her pardon? She’s not on probation or anything right?

She was not pardoned, her sentence was commuted. And no, this shouldn't be able to affect that at all.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Isn't this related to the Special Counsel's case?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Yes, she was given immunity for her testimony and then subpoenaed to testify before Muellers grand jury, and she ignored the subpoena.

Don't try to ignore grand jury subpoenas.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Yes, she was given immunity for her testimony and then subpoenaed to testify before Muellers grand jury, and she ignored the subpoena.

always stand up to a corrupt government

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    edited March 2019

always stand up to a corrupt government

Yeah that's not what this is. Going to bat for Wikileaks in 2019 is supporting a corrupt government.

Viskod on
  • Options
    grand juries seem to exist primarily to squash dissent, these days

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2019

sounds like she didn't ignore that subpoena at all

and made it very clear why she refused to answer any questions in an incredibly sketchy courtroom situation regularly employed by our government

late edit:

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    She was given immunity for her testimony. There's nothing sketchy about it. She's refusing to answer just to be obstinate. A contempt charge is entirely appropriate.

• Options
    She was given immunity for her testimony. There's nothing sketchy about it. She's refusing to answer just to be obstinate. A contempt charge is entirely appropriate.

Maybe pick your table dude.

• Options
    Let's ease up on the Chelsea Manning stuff because it's 100% for sure going to suck all the oxygen out of the thread. I'm sure it's being discussed in the Mueller thread in D&D.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no they're too busy drinking to cope with the realization of how little time white collar crime gets

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.