Options

[Chat] is its own thing!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Make a Carnation instant breakfast, drop a shot of Rumplemintz in it, call it a "Cookies for Breakfast".

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i don't see how VR gets practical until you get like full body harnesses that suspend you in air and afford you the illusion of moving around instead of having to actually dedicate a giant space to move around in

My house has a giant like 500 sq ft den. VR room it is.

But how do we sim flying, gotta get that zero g rig

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    look at these hoity toity dudes with their houses whose spare rooms aren't filled with unpacked boxes from a year and a half ago when they moved in

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Well that was awkward but I had to know

Turns out he did

Are we all just gonna leave it at that?

His unit does some on-site visits, they've been in some bad areas

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    look at these hoity toity dudes with their houses whose spare rooms aren't filled with unpacked boxes from a year and a half ago when they moved in

Who even lives in a place with more than one room smh

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Turns out he did

His unit does some on-site visits, they've been in some bad areas and they're dealing with hostile people in an adversarial context

...Oh. OH!

I completely misunderstood "plate carriers"

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    i don't see how VR gets practical until you get like full body harnesses that suspend you in air and afford you the illusion of moving around instead of having to actually dedicate a giant space to move around in

6 DoF simulator that's built in the flight-sim room in the basement?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I should probably make an MTGA standard deck

but which one

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/standard-ptq-2018-10-07

Probably something like one of these

I'm working on building that red/white deck with the dragons I think

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

*taps temple*

boxes to basement, closed the door and walked away

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    British houses are waaaay too small for VR.

Generally, this wave of interesting in AR/VR seems to have peaked. 18 months back you couldn't move for people proclaiming that it was here to stay.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Everything I own can fit into a 10 foot storage unit.

That includes a couch, chairs, washer & dryer, treadmill, and dining room table too.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    This seems like a bad place to put your house

Maybe they have some well engineered anti-erosion in place... Maybe a retaining wall we can't see. perhaps that shack contains a 5 hp submersible pump.

...Maybe a drunk Nord just said fuck it I'm building a house here. I like fishing.

My guess is it's not that close to the river. It's an illusion Michael.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jesus the 3rd post in this twitter thread is sad but unsurprising and it depresses me

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I am now in Las Vegas

Next stop Raleigh Durham

raleigh durham is far cooler imo not even joking

Nice I've never been

I got off the plane in Vegas and I'm thinking to myself in a joking way "bet there's slot machines 🙄"

*gets into gate area*

"Oh"

raleigh is pretty sprawled out geographically so it's tough to say "go here" necessarily, depending on how long you're going to be there but you can find some rull good bbq in pretty much any area through the internets

if you're in the more collegy areas there are definitely good things to do in the evening type options if that's your bag

i mean, no celine dion residency or anything but

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

6 DoF simulator that's built in the flight-sim room in the basement?

Pffft that's for flight sims I mean d&d I cast overland flight, let's play superman, flying.

• Options

*taps temple*

boxes to basement, closed the door and walked away

lel basements

i live in a swamp

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    This seems like a bad place to put your house

Maybe they have some well engineered anti-erosion in place... Maybe a retaining wall we can't see. perhaps that shack contains a 5 hp submersible pump.

...Maybe a drunk Nord just said fuck it I'm building a house here. I like fishing.

My guess is it's not that close to the river. It's an illusion Michael.

tumblr_mlsetsKySj1rkz363o4_1280.jpg?format=1500w

this is that place, looking the other way

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options

Everything I own can fit into a 10 foot storage unit.

That includes a couch, chairs, washer & dryer, treadmill, and dining room table too.

i used to be like this

i dunno why i got more stuff

it was the wrong call

i'm honestly thinking of going through my box room and just making sure nothing is especially valuable or sentimental and just donating everything

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I am now in Las Vegas

Next stop Raleigh Durham

Nice I've never been

I got off the plane in Vegas and I'm thinking to myself in a joking way "bet there's slot machines 🙄"

*gets into gate area*

"Oh"

raleigh is pretty sprawled out geographically so it's tough to say "go here" necessarily, depending on how long you're going to be there but you can find some rull good bbq in pretty much any area through the internets

if you're in the more collegy areas there are definitely good things to do in the evening type options if that's your bag

Right on. my brother lives in Durham so I'll be there til the 16th

Poor fella is getting married smdh

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I feel like if we just banned 90% of anonymous posting...........

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

Turns out he did

His unit does some on-site visits, they've been in some bad areas and they're dealing with hostile people in an adversarial context

...Oh. OH!

:biggrin:

Like a busboy with a stack of dinner plates?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Odyssey's getting such good reviews since a lot of the buzz seems to be "it's Origins but with a helluva lot more stuff jammed into it"
    Interesting cool stuff?
    Well...stuff, at least.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I should probably make an MTGA standard deck

but which one

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/standard-ptq-2018-10-07

Probably something like one of these

I'm working on building that red/white deck with the dragons I think

just fyi demanding dragon was bugged so the sacrifice was MANDATORY in that tournament so weigh how much better the card was accordingly

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jesus the 3rd post in this twitter thread is sad but unsurprising and it depresses me

Its how the internet works these days. Which is why I stick to small to small-medium channels that I find. More honesty. Less sponsored content. Not saying this guy is doing sponsored content but rather honest opinion having watched oddessy it does indeed look like you dont need the xp buff.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Generally, this wave of interesting in AR/VR seems to have peaked. 18 months back you couldn't move for people proclaiming that it was here to stay.

Most infancy hardwares have a lower adoption rate. Version 2 and 3 will likely see a large uptick as people begin to expand their PC hardware to match and start dedicating room in their houses and apartments for the large area required by VR.

It's sort of like the TV. The first TVs were very bulky and large that a lot of people didn't really have the room for them. Eventually they shrunk and things like offices and studies fell to the wayside instead of having a larger family room where you could have a TV.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Yup. They are so clever with their ((()))'s.

In related news, AC:O has micro transactions? I played like 7-8 hours of it and was unaware of that. Gonna be hard pressed to complain about them if they stay that unobtrusive.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the mono-black starter (or maybe its the B/R starter? i don't remember anymore) deck's Open the Graves + Reassembling Skeleton + Ravenous Harpy combo is fun, even if it is so slow to actually do anything. But it is fun when you get to stabilize with an ever growing zombie horde.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I am now in Las Vegas

Next stop Raleigh Durham

Nice I've never been

*gets into gate area*

"Oh"

haha the fool

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Most infancy hardwares have a lower adoption rate. Version 2 and 3 will likely see a large uptick as people begin to expand their PC hardware to match and start dedicating room in their houses and apartments for the large area required by VR.

It's sort of like the TV. The first TVs were very bulky and large that a lot of people didn't really have the room for them. Eventually they shrunk and things like offices and studies fell to the wayside instead of having a larger family room where you could have a TV.

Sure, but this is the second or third wave of VR. I don't think there's much guarantee that this is the one that will stick.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Turns out he did

...Oh. OH!

YES!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    the mono-black starter (or maybe its the B/R starter? i don't remember anymore) deck's Open the Graves + Reassembling Skeleton + Ravenous Harpy combo is fun, even if it is so slow to actually do anything. But it is fun when you get to stabilize with an ever growing zombie horde.

Zombies are one of my long time favorites in MTG. Them and slivers or white tokens of old. Either that or meaty Green red.

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I am now in Las Vegas

Next stop Raleigh Durham

Nice I've never been

*gets into gate area*

"Oh"

Isn't there a hurricane on the way?

it'll probably just be rainy and windy since it's coming up through the panhandle

• Options
    i mean a hurricane could also be described as "rainy and windy" but

• Options
    Saccade tracking with VR and full body haptic suits is probably only 10-20 years away I imagine. You could probably get away with a very small bedroom for VR with the saccade manipulation stuff.

• Options

Turns out he did

...Oh. OH!

YES!

<3 I was delighted

Oh God, the dinner rush! The critic is here! nooooooooo

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The thing the reviewers I trust are saying about Odyssey is that it is the most game ever.

Like, just, an endless series of interlocking systems and story and places and ships with crews and the Mordor Nemesis system and gear leveling and...

Just, so much game. One of the dudes was 75 hours in and was pretty sure he was still less than 75% of the way through it and he hasn't been doing all the sidequests.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The PA comic about AC Odyssey ensured I will never play it. I admittedly was not going to play it under any circumstances really, but still

• Options

Sure, but this is the second or third wave of VR. I don't think there's much guarantee that this is the one that will stick.

Modern VR then.

The first wave of VR was barely VR because it happened 20 years ago.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

you can draft that deck in m19 and it's very fun. I love it. Pretty slow and janky, but when you steal their creature and sacrifice it or just keep sacrificing skeleton...

The ultimate play is stealing their creature, attacking, then turning it into a 2/4 with Transmogrifying Wand since it says "controller" not "owner" of the creature.

This discussion has been closed.