As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yippie Ki-Yay, Mother[love]er

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    QR code on the card that links to to Kik

Is this the worst thing?

I postulate that, yes, it is the worst thing.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I would love to get cards from people!

I commissioned a custom calling card from a friend once, and I often have a few in my wallet, but anytime I offer one to someone they are decidedly not interested and just like, putt my number in their phone instead.

As far as quirky affectations go that's a pretty decent one, but you've gotta realise that nobody uses calling cards like that in a social situation anymore because we all carry our Rolodex's around with us in our pockets. Even business cards are phasing out pretty quickly in my (admittedly fairly limited) personal experience. We've all got business contacts lists in our phones and indexes in our business planning software, or even just Outlook contact lists.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I find business cards are still useful in a business context for a swift way to get both your company name and your email into someone's possession. In a conference situation, fucking around with a phone adds a whole new layer.

Handing out a business card in a social context is at best slightly offbeat, at worst wanky as fuck.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't go to conferences, in networking situations they are probably pretty handy.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Business cards are great because some food places have a jar you put the card in. Then they do a raffle and will cater to your office for free if your card is pulled.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It’s been a long time since I got a Jehovahs Witness at the door, but next time I’m gonna try and remember to ask if there’s only 144,000 open spots in heaven then why are they recruiting new members

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It’s been a long time since I got a Jehovahs Witness at the door, but next time I’m gonna try and remember to ask if there’s only 144,000 open spots in heaven then why are they recruiting new members

I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD THIS IT'S SO WEIRD

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Gonna get a card to hand out in passing to dudes. On the front it just says "hey". On the back it says nothing.

Or "Throw this out for me, please?"

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't like how tonight is shaking out...

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    If you have any level of client interaction, or do trade shows, or have to network with contractors, business cards are super useful, and I've had multiple interactions where I've regretted not having any on-hand

I had some personal ones made up during one of my unemployment times and I am annoyed that I can't find 'em, I even handpainted the sides teal! They had gears on 'em!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I've been talking a ton with the cute girl I went on a date with Friday

And now instead of studying for my finance exam (because I'm not particularly worried about it and am studying with people tomorrow) I might be going to play pool with her instead

I like this giiiiirl

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ugh, some random old dude just hopped into the elevator at my work, looked at those of us using our phones, and immediately started mocking us and asking what would we do without phones in our hands.

One lady, with the coolest side eye I’ve ever seen, immediately shot back with “Probably have a harder time booking cancer treatment for my sister in Adelaide.”

The old guy got off at the next stop.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ugh, some random old dude just hopped into the elevator at my work, looked at those of us using our phones, and immediately started mocking us and asking what would we do without phones in our hands.

One lady, with the coolest side eye I’ve ever seen, immediately shot back with “Probably have a harder time booking cancer treatment for my sister in Adelaide.”

The old guy got off at the next stop.

I don't get very good cell reception in the elevators at work, so I suspect my answer would've been along the lines of "what I'm doing right now, which is staring at the walls hoping we get to my floor was quickly as possible without having to interact with anyone".

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ou0mce66jfcr.png

this is a legit pick up card from victorian times

it's some straight up incel/m'lady shit

also imo it's fine to give your card to someone you're interested in, just write something on it to make it more casual; "had fun talking to you, send me a text if you feel like it" is pretty good

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The fuck is up with that guy's hand

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    he's clearly adjusting his monocle

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yeah but his palm is facing directly away from his face. Looking at it is making my elbow hurt.

• Options
    if you don't go against god, man, anatomy and biology to keep it classy you are doing it wrong

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I keep reading the thread as, "Don't touch yourself."

• Options
    seems wrong to me

self love is still love baby

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I keep reading the thread as, "Don't touch yourself."

too late

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    never stop touching yourself

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Dont worry Jesus no stone here. I make sure to use the shower

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gonna get a card to hand out in passing to dudes. On the front it just says "hey". On the back it says nothing.

I just want this card.

e40fd34d087fed1b1b4d55568a7248b3.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I just want this card.

e40fd34d087fed1b1b4d55568a7248b3.jpg

I've always wanted this stamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4a7BrhlMTg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I have been tempted to get "Jason Abra-him : Wizard " business cards for the longest time

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I can't parse the sentence structure or grammar or something from that shitty old card

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    When I was an EasyTech for Staples I got free business cards they wanted me to get them with my job but I just got 200 cards that said:

My Name
    A cool guy to hang out with
    my phone number

I only ever gave them out to friends though

• Options
    I'm having some kind of I need to do try living by my philosophy of compassion and actually do things instead of just saying them and doing one sort of s big deal thing but it was mostly a passive thing like I just laid there and woke up and felt uncomfortable for a week and that's not really enough, given the state of civilization or some shit and it's cheesy as hell

And I might need someone to talk

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I really need to get cards made.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Tipping your monocle is God tier third eye open pick up artistry.

Its like when you kill the boss for the first time after avoiding his fedora and then he comes back with a new, more powerful and cringey move set.

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I've been with my company for 8 years and have been promoted 3 times. When I first started, I got a set of 500 cards. Each time I got promoted I got another set of 500 cards with my new title. I have 2000 cards* sitting in a drawer at my desk!

*minus 5 or so that I have used, none for useful purposes.

Time to take up a workplace cocaine habit

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I've been with my company for 8 years and have been promoted 3 times. When I first started, I got a set of 500 cards. Each time I got promoted I got another set of 500 cards with my new title. I have 2000 cards* sitting in a drawer at my desk!

*minus 5 or so that I have used, none for useful purposes.

At my first Adult Job™ they finally got me a set of cards, years after everyone else. Just so happens I was resigning the next week. Darn.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Last night was pretty scary. Hedgehog-related.
    Apparently the temperature around Magnus's cage dropped below 72 degrees yesterday, and he started entering hibernation mode. One of the things all the hedgehog ownership guides told us was that hibernation can be a death sentence for pet hedgehogs -- due to genetic fuckery, their metabolism doesn't slow down like their wild ancestors, and they don't always have the ability to wake up from it once it begins in earnest, so they just waste away and die and there's not really anything you can do about it once they fall asleep properly.

Partner went to get him out of his cage for our nightly playtime, and he didn't hiss at her like he usually does. In fact, he didn't do much of anything. She managed to find him by just feeling around the cage, and brought him out to the couch. He was way more prickly than usual, and kinda lethargic. Slow movements, slow reflexes when we made sudden movements, etc. We eventually got him awake and active again by turning up the heat in our apartment and cuddling him against our stomachs. At one point, it was like we flipped a switch. He suddenly woke up and started running around somewhere between panic and excitement.

Luckily, we had just received a heating pad we ordered for him, expecting to need it in a month or so, so we put that under his cage. Checked on him this morning and he was sleeping under one of the cage ramps, directly over the center of the heating pad, so he's at least doing his part to take care of himself as well.

We feel like shitty parents for letting this happen, but we're just glad he's OK.

• Options
    Wow, I'm glad he's ok!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I got woken by a series of rapid-fire texts last night

it was my ex kind-of-boyfriend and he's like

"I was at the bar and I brought a girl home what do I do now?"
    "remember how we were watching Riverdale (lol) the first time I somehow convinced you to have sex with me?"
    "okay so Riverdale and wait for her to touch my dick."
    "no- I mean, that might work. Okay, where are you?"
    "hiding in the bathroom."

I had to call him at 2 in the morning and give him a cliffnotes on the seduction of and the sex with ladies

he sent me just a thumbs up emoji about twenty minutes ago, so I think it went well

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You're a better person than me.

While I'm here, when did OKC start blatantly lying about potential interest? I got an email (and a phone notification) that someone liked me and messaged me, and to go through DoubleTake to see who. I spent a good while doing that, pressed like the entire way to ensure I didn't accidentally miss it, got through about 20 accounts before I decided this was just bullshit marketing tactics. Strongly considering deleting my profile now.

• Options
    I have the impression OK Cupid has been trash for several years. I've heard it was good, at some point in the past, but it's been iffy at best for at least three years .

It's a great idea, I wish the more detailed information apps were good, but online dating is all about Tinder and Bumble now.

Everyone is chasing the idea of Tinder, but better

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I got woken by a series of rapid-fire texts last night

it was my ex kind-of-boyfriend and he's like

"I was at the bar and I brought a girl home what do I do now?"
    "remember how we were watching Riverdale (lol) the first time I somehow convinced you to have sex with me?"
    "okay so Riverdale and wait for her to touch my dick."
    "no- I mean, that might work. Okay, where are you?"
    "hiding in the bathroom."

I had to call him at 2 in the morning and give him a cliffnotes on the seduction of and the sex with ladies

he sent me just a thumbs up emoji about twenty minutes ago, so I think it went well

Praise be to Riverdale.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Oh sweet I can see reactions again.

Finally, I can revel in that sweet, sweet, digital validation that is the only real metric of my worth as a human being.

Juggernut on
This discussion has been closed.