As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Wonder which heroes will be involved in the next Forging Bonds event, because so far they've used the most recent released ones, and the Event Calendar doesn't have any new batches between now and the next Forging Bonds. I doubt Ylgr, Surtr, and Gharnef will going on a potentially wacky campaign together, but the idea tickled me a bit.

Honestly it might just be the Adrift units. Or I could see them doing something different like all four Askr heroes maybe in prep for book 3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Welp, ready for next arena season:
    5zifefu6cnk2.png

*insert whale sounds*

(I need to give him Aether at some point still)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I saw a miracle renewal build that looks interesting

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Welp, ready for next arena season:
    5zifefu6cnk2.png

*insert whale sounds*

(I need to give him Aether at some point still)

Such a huge difference between -atk and + atk when a superboon is involved. Here mine sits with 52 at +0!

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Wonder how viable putting Pivot on him would be; having the AI shoot himself forward and force the players to deal with him.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Finished off the second half of Book II and the remaining three Paralogues today. Benched Anna for Surtr on my story team; after all the trouble he put me through Surtr is gonna do some work for me.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Had a poor aether run today. Got 3x80 then a loss for not paying attention.

While I’m still ranked well at 4280, I haven’t eaten the lift loss from failed defenses since I broke 4K today.

I think the big bummer is that ranking seems to continue carrying over for who knows how long meaning falling behind isn’t necessarily a short term issue.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I've eaten 3 straight losses.

• Options
    I figured out you should create multiple teams for attack because you can choose the team after seeing the defense setup. If you didn’t create multiple teams prior to spending your aether, tough luck!

Always watch for the lunge tricks and wings of mercy.

• Options
    I hit tier 11 and immediately got slammed on defense and lost 80. The thing is, my current setup seems decent and sometimes gets wins or at least kills a couple. It just doesn't reward you for that. You need to somehow have perfect defense over a 24 hour period to avoid getting docked? I don't think anyone can do that!

Maybe once we get six defenders and more traps or something.

• Options
    I think the better offense is the way to go currently. I’d rather have a better chance of scoring points instead of maybe not losing 80/day.

They really didn’t provide incentive for defense, unless they start rewarding you lift for a successful defense.

• Options
    If some of the winning party is killed it will reduce the amount of Lift lost, so hope any losses will be narrow ones and then for 20 hours after the loss you can get obliterated without penalty. Which seems kind of unfair now that I think about it.

• Options
    Finally finished. Did some HM grinding.
    zu55077vjfvm.png

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Fuck! I just choked like mad and lost two units in two Aether battles in a row for absolutely no reason. Blew my chance at top 10k yet again.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So my offense strategies for Aether Raids usually comes down to one of three strategies, which I see if they are viable in this order:
    1) Bait enemies out with Fae or L!Tiki. Clean up with them and Vanessa support.
    2) Steamroll as many enemies as possible in a single turn with Reinhardt/B!Lyn and two dancers.
    3) Cherche and Aversa power hour.

Just ran into a defense team that had Armor Jakob with a Brave Bow/Deathblow/Bold Fighter/Ignis, backed with Elise, B!Lyn, and a dancer, with a full mix of tactics. The two cavs didn't have an assist, so the AI would move them before the dancer. Because of the map layout, there was no way for me to safely bait out the enemies. And I couldn't even guarantee clearing everyone out with Rein/Lyn, and leaving any one of the three alive would result in me losing a character. Cherche could move in to kill Jakob, but then there was no way to pull her out to safety without someone else being killed.

Think I was staring at that map for a solid 25 minutes before I realized that Aversa would debuff Jakob enough that she could attack him and survive the counter. Not the most intuitive strategy, but I found the line. Feels good.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Poked around in the Seal Forge for the first time and saw I could make Armored Boots, so I did and equipped it on Surtr. Man, using him on the early Book III story maps is going to be like firing a nuclear missile at a housefly. It's going to be great.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    After extreme failures on the previous two Mia banners (went to >5% focus rate on each of them. Pitybroken by Lyn on one banner, failed to get anything at all from the Halloween one before it went away), I got both her and Reinhardt off today's banner in 50-60 orbs. Rein's new for me, and he isn't -Atk, so he'll get some use. New Mia is +Spd/-Def, a huge improvement over my previous +Def/-Atk one.

Looks like she's back to being my summoner support. Sorry, L'arachel.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I got a +atk/-hp Reinhardt on two pulls so I was happy. Seems like his base kit is fine other than the special

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I got a Reinhardt on my free pull, which is like... Ugg... I have a +10 of him already AND multiple extra copies because he literally fodders for nothing :/ 1st Whale Problems... (I ought to just build up a second Brave Reinhardt at this point...)

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    I got a +atk/-hp Reinhardt on two pulls so I was happy. Seems like his base kit is fine other than the special

Which Reinhardt? For Swordhardt, that's pretty accurate. Might want to also upgrade C for horse emblem as appropriate.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Finished for this season of Aether Raids. Here's my current spot:
    KV3EUdv.png
    I'm sure some more people are going to pass me by the end of the day, and I might very well get dinged another 80 (although my last defense was a success), but I'm happy with that. My current concern is that I'm nowhere near being able to add a fifth unit to my teams, so I'm expecting things are going to get really tough for me next season.

• Options
    Uurfh... I'm 40 lift away from the next tier, meaning I'm about to get slapped down to the bottom of tier 12 score range. And I lost a couple units this season. Feels bad man. I suppose it's better to get it out of the way early and not care so much about placement, it is only going to get more obnoxious from here if I were too invested.

• Options
    I ended with 4960, rank 1500 roughly. I expect to lose 80 from a loss today and maybe end up in the top 3k.

I’m hoping the reset the ranks so everyone has a shot at the top ranks.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    https://youtu.be/nQhQqU7I-Zw

*yawn* Um, thanks for letting me save money I guess. I'll try to get one Hrid and maybe pull a bit on blue for Lucinas and Hectors, but otherwise a pretty terrible legendary banner

Also I did kind of crappy with Aether Raids. Dunno where I ended up but I think I got 25 Grails. I'll need to stoop less next season.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I want Gunthra and Laevatein too...might be spending lots of orbs on this one.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The fact that aether raid season and arena season are offset by a day bothers me a lot more than it should.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Hrid looks cool. DC and Omnibreaker means everyone eats a double and moonbow if debuffed, which the rest of his kit assures. Except for bullshit dazzling staves, of course! Cuz those have no counter!

Speaking of which, I just faced my first 5 man defense in Aether raids. Featuring your friends Veronica, Aversa, Surtr, and a dancer!!

He had a really good layout. Even had a LEphraim there to repo Veronica and shut down my plans of throwing Ike in there to murder Veronica and the rest of em. I had to eat a unit death to crack them, because Veronica was getting danced no matter what.

As annoying as that was, I still think the money play is to basically ignore investing in defense. Consistently scoring 100's is far more important than occasionally blunting the 80 pt loss. I'm trying to save to 300 to get another attacker slot.

• Options
    I upgraded my pot twice and the option to upgrade it disappeared from the list. With the current max Aether at 200 (which if you play as often as you can, really just means 100 more at the start of a week), smashing pots and fountains only restoring enough to let you battle one additional time for every 5 or 6 battles you manage to get both, and no option to upgrade the fountain, I don't see how it's even possible to battle the minimum amount of times needed in a week to raise your Tier at the higher ones. For the most extreme example, you'll need to battle a minimum of 17 times to get from the bottom of Tier 20 to Tier 21, and at that Lift it costs 103+ Aether to battle.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    New Hector looks weird. He's got a sword and he's riding a horse for some reason?

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Whelp, merged her up as high as I could:
    en59apdix1um.png

WTB added to grails plox. She's pretty nice in Grand Conquests to debuff everybody with panic status, so I wanna get her a bunch of merges to also be pretty good otherwise.

(I honestly might replace that A skill... I'm thinking the extra HP is maybe more beneficial for how I use her... Kinda want to put that Arena BST skill in there but I only have one spare Laegjarn so I dunno...)

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize that skill was HP+4. One more point of HP isn't gonna make a huge difference.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Damn, I'm actually going to have to prepare a solution to gimmick builds instead of just relying on conventional approaches. Just lost to a triple pain savage blow + dancer build because I didn't have a 50+ RES or anti-colorless unit prepared.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Aether Raids has gotten real weird now. I just did my free run, couldn't get either of the 2 pots, and advanced a tier. Went to run my second run... What? Not enough Aether? I had 57 and needed 58. Looks like from here on out it will be just as likely to run 1x per day as 2x. Progress will be super slow!

At least my first defense was a win today, so I saved lift there. Got lucky cuz my next 2 were total defeats.

• Options
    failedninjafailedninja Registered User regular
    I'm a (mostly) f2p player that's been on from the start but I've been shy about promoting and merging so I have a nice stack of manuals and feathers. What would people suggest as an initial target for a 5*+10? I see adult Tiki come up and I have enough manuals (although missing an ideal IV). Other potential targets include Reinhardt, Nowi, Soleil, female Corrin, Gwendolyn, and Nino. Probably any other unit that's been 3/4* from release I have a good number of manuals/copies for.

I also have a nice 300 orb pile I was thinking about blowing on this legendary banner (red+blue seems good?).

• Options
    I'm a (mostly) f2p player that's been on from the start but I've been shy about promoting and merging so I have a nice stack of manuals and feathers. What would people suggest as an initial target for a 5*+10? I see adult Tiki come up and I have enough manuals (although missing an ideal IV). Other potential targets include Reinhardt, Nowi, Soleil, female Corrin, Gwendolyn, and Nino. Probably any other unit that's been 3/4* from release I have a good number of manuals/copies for.

I also have a nice 300 orb pile I was thinking about blowing on this legendary banner (red+blue seems good?).

My first three 5*+10 promotions were Fae, ATiki and Sheena as they worked both for high BST (scoring for arena and arena assault) and very good enemy phase units. I still use them constantly.

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »

My first three 5*+10 promotions were Fae, ATiki and Sheena as they worked both for high BST (scoring for arena and arena assault) and very good enemy phase units. I still use them constantly.

Yeah I'd say just about any dragon or armor unit is a solid choice. I'd say for the armors Effie is probably the best "F2P-friendly" one since she's really strong. And yeah, all the dragons are good as long as you get them refined Lightning Breath+ and preferably Aether.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Aether Raids has gotten real weird now. I just did my free run, couldn't get either of the 2 pots, and advanced a tier. Went to run my second run... What? Not enough Aether? I had 57 and needed 58. Looks like from here on out it will be just as likely to run 1x per day as 2x. Progress will be super slow!

At least my first defense was a win today, so I saved lift there. Got lucky cuz my next 2 were total defeats.

It's definitely getting trickier. I haven't yet really invested in developing more than 1-2 basic teams, but really need to do that at this point.

Has anyone purchased the 5th team member slot? Does it apply to both O and D? Or is it 300 stones for each? Do you get the Aether Dew stuff for buying the slot like you do for buildings?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Durinia wrote: »
    Acheron wrote: »

It's definitely getting trickier. I haven't yet really invested in developing more than 1-2 basic teams, but really need to do that at this point.

Has anyone purchased the 5th team member slot? Does it apply to both O and D? Or is it 300 stones for each? Do you get the Aether Dew stuff for buying the slot like you do for buildings?

I've been saving up for it. I think I'll be able to afford it at some point this week. I'm pretty sure it's separate for offense and defense tho since you can purchase two defense slots and only one offense.

And yeah, I have been fucking up a lot lately. I may need to rethink my strats a bit. I have problems with Reinhardt teams... (moreso because the maps are player-built so it's easy to make the layouts ass)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

I'd throw Cherche and Cordelia into the mix as well.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Maybe I should prepare an old school favorite. A double dancing team with a desperate fury point and winged supports to play off it.

I should actually maybe try and roll for Bowcina tomorrow...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Delzhand wrote: »

I'd throw Cherche and Cordelia into the mix as well.

Agree. Honestly if you're willing to refine her personal weapon, Camilla is also pretty dang good now.