As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was the third team I just unlocked and sent out this morning in a new act. I was reading it wrong - I thought it was a real-time progress meter.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My dark project is complete.

ZkwLnB9.jpg?1

When Corrin is next to her, she has 65 attack, 38 speed, 52 defense and 50 res. I'm going to hold out against the tidal wave of dragonslayers as long as I can! Only took like 120 orbs, and in that stretch, I got pity breakers Ranulf, Surtr, and Sue. All terrible IVs (-SPDs except Surtr of course is +SPD/-DEF), but they're all new units to me and it's a good rate of return, so no complaints. Makes up for all the orbs I wasted getting jack all on Hero Fest (I just wanted Null C-Disrupt fodder maaan).

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    She's perfect! I will join you.. one day.....

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I tried one full roll on CYL and got a Reyson merge and finally a +atk sothe. Call it a win.

Who are y'all picking for your freebie? I already have Yune, but Micaiah still looks like my fav and best bet.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I had some last-minute doubt, but pulled the trigger on Brave Micaiah. I will take every flying mage I can get and always need more anti-armor tools. I want Brave Eliwood and Brave Camilla eventually, but I'm not too worried. As of... ~checks notes~ yesterday, I have every single Brave Hero from previous years, and multiple copies of most of them.

Also, while trying at random pulls on the Brave Banner, I got my third Caineghis. I was really bummed about missing him back when he first showed up, but it seems we were fated to be together.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Started with 425 orbs and wanted one of each brave unit, so only needed three before the free pull. After 360 orbs, I got:

Micaiah
    Laegjarn
    F!Tiki (new)
    Flora
    F!Morgan
    Eliwood
    Camilla
    Maribelle (new)
    Alm (free pull)

Happy I got what I wanted! Not sure if I’ll have enough orbs for a reasonable attempt at summer Micaiah, but I’ll probably try anyways later.

Hope everyone had good luck!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea, i think I might use my free pull on Camilla since she seems like basically a mage who can heal and I never want to pull colorless. Otherwise thinking Eliwood was the best of the rest.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I got everyone without *too* many orbs (still a decent amount). My Alm ended up being -ATK so I just picked him as my free one so the merge would remove the bane.

Edit: Also proof I was reaaaaaaal tired last night... I was bummed initially that no one got demoted from the last banner... then I remembered that doesn't happen until next month and those heroes aren't even ON this banner -_- I think I got confused by the pity breaker Claude :P (who was LAST month's banner but he's still Three Houses :P). As a side note, I did discover BOTH Byleths are summonable now in the 5* pool. I didn't realize that before.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Anyone have opinions on the brave heroes? I'm definitely taking Micaiah as my freebie, but my orb count is low enough that I might not bother pulling for anyone else.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I got a neutral Alm in about 30 orbs. Not sure who to use the free pull on.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    +Atk/-Res Eliwood, off-banner Edelgard (not complaining), free pull for Camilla because screw colorless hell.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Edit: wrong thread

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Scendscale isn't as good as I thought. I was misreading "if unit attacks" as "if unit initiates" and thinking Alm would be an enemy phase monster.

• Options
    I think scendscale does apply on both phases. Can't test it cuz I didn't pick him, but...

Even with it working on EP, it does a lot of damage to him and his speed and res aren't great. Life is hard as an infantry sword.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Is there a consensus on the best unit here? (e.g. Veronica or BLyn equivalent)

I haven't paid that much attention those week.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Durinia wrote: »
    Is there a consensus on the best unit here? (e.g. Veronica or BLyn equivalent)

I haven't paid that much attention those week.

Probably Micaiah. Armor/Cav effectiveness is always strong on its own without all the extra nuts stuff she does. Though really I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

FWIW if you still don't have a flying healer Camilla may be worth it since that's such a freaking rare move/attack combo (and flying healers are legit amazing)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I should + my 4 m byleths, or use them for distant counter fodder

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Camilla is real good, though I hate that it's yet another Camilla alt.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Rip arena for a few weeks... (thank god her dance doesn't do shit for armors.. Tho lacking significant merges on any of these I'll probably get all the stupid teams with Ninos and shit on them...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Ok, I object to the last Tempest Trial map not being forced to spawn with 3-13 archer...

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I did pulls first with the plan of stopping as soon as I got a Brave unit, so that netted me a pity breaker Leanne then B!Camilla. So, my free unit will likely be Micaiah unless anyone says otherwise.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's it still worth getting miciah if you already have the dancer version?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Spoit wrote: »
    It's it still worth getting miciah if you already have the dancer version?

Well, you'll have color coverage if you also have original Micaiah. That's anti-armor/cavalry across the triangle. Plus, new Micaiah is flying, and her debuff hits the whole map like Aversa's but can hit high HP targets.

I burned my remaining orbs and got pity broken by two Fallen Robins and a Leif, but I did end up with two Camillas (one of which is +SPD) and a Micaiah (+SPD/-ATK, why). I'll probably pull more for another Micaiah to kill that IV and then decide on a free one. I think Deathblow 8 Scendscale sounds rad, but a red sword without distant counter has too much competition. Eliwood has useful effectiveness, but I'm not in love with the skills. May just use the free one on another Micaiah.

Also, free Bownoka off the daily banner, but like the majority of my recent pulls excluding slow units getting the opposite, she's -SPD.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    My brave pulls got me a Queen Cammy (-Atk, as is tradition) and a pitybreak Rhajat. Free pulled Micaiah since I don't plan on pulling further, and I suspect I'll have chances to get another Brave Camilla in the future anyway. From using her so far the bane doesn't even seem to be that bad, frankly, so I can imagine that a +Atk would be quite a beater.

• Options
    I used to think Grand Conquests was the worst event, but now I know it's Forging Bonds. Even doing it exclusively at 2x boost with accessories, it's still basically "run 10th training tower 150 times" which is ridiculous.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I used to think Grand Conquests was the worst event, but now I know it's Forging Bonds. Even doing it exclusively at 2x boost with accessories, it's still basically "run 10th training tower 150 times" which is ridiculous.

I like when they give orbs as I am still upset I blew 200 orbs trying to get Idunn. The hats in the forging bonds are nice sometimes but it's a boring grind I feel

• Options

Meh, I just autobattle them. It's pretty easy.

• Options
    Forging Bonds is my favorite event because it just uses normal stamina and you can finish it pretty easily, especially if you pop stamina regen items during a 2x time.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Ok this has been bothering the heck out of me. Who the hell is the cav mage on the right of the last Tempest Trial map supposed to represent? (it's always a cav mage or rarely Sue). Cuz everything else is generally a stand in for either a Greil Mercenary or a Laguz (there's pretty much always an infantry mage next to Ike for Soren, there's usually a random Laguz or Cav or Armor Knight around the spots they come in from) But who the hell is the right representing? Cuz there are no cav mages in Radiant Dawn. Titania comes in from the right but she's not a caster. The only thing I can think is that it's a weird attempt to mash up Titania and Mist into one unit...

(BTW I'm aware this is a weird thing to be concerned with but it's still bugging the shit out of me.. Haha)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Maybe it's Rafiel on Nailahs back :P

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    Forging Bonds is my favorite event because it just uses normal stamina and you can finish it pretty easily, especially if you pop stamina regen items during a 2x time.

At 2x bonus it still takes close to one hundred and fifty runs, which just makes it feel grindy. Tempest Trials also uses stamina but the maps are more interesting and it has better rewards.
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Sure, it's easy, but the battle is over in like 15 seconds, so you're still constantly looking at and tapping your phone to set up the next one, unlike Tempest where you can let it run through five or seven battles on its own.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    After getting nearly all garbage on my free pulls through this event, the 2 free pulls today yielded my first Ninian and a freaking Mikoto. I was just hoping for a Klein or Sothe merge on a banner with no colorless focus, but another new unit appeared!

She actually has nice art and stat line. Too bad it's completely impossible to merge her.

• Options
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday by a free pull neutral Loki. I had a -Atk copy from a pitybreak before, so merging her into the new neutral gave her something like +2 atk, +1 spd, and +2 hp (which is actually relevant for her weapon effect). Now the only problem is that staff users need highly premium A skills for anything good!

• Options
    Opty wrote: »

At 2x bonus it still takes close to one hundred and fifty runs, which just makes it feel grindy. Tempest Trials also uses stamina but the maps are more interesting and it has better rewards.
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Sure, it's easy, but the battle is over in like 15 seconds, so you're still constantly looking at and tapping your phone to set up the next one, unlike Tempest where you can let it run through five or seven battles on its own.

Tempest Trials sucks more for me for multiple reasons. First, I don't min-max teams, inherit a bunch of skills, or have a bunch of merged 5*s, so the only way I've been able to beat the top level is to do it manually, and since I want to autobattle that means I gotta do it on the second level instead. Second, I generally only have one or two of the bonus units handy so starting with the third battle of the day my autobattling team ends up not being able to reliably finish, leading to less points per run (god forbid something crazy happens and they lose on one of the first two runs of the day). Third, the points multiplier on the first two runs of the day is high enough that if you don't use them both every day you're leaving a ton of points on the table. All of that plus the fact that each run is 5 rounds means it all adds up to taking way more actual time for me than Forging Bonds does.

• Options
    Ever get caught completely by surprise? I sent my +10, SS, 5 dragonflower, TT bonus Cherche to draw out F!Tiki on the first round of Lunatic 7 and got ORKO'd. Special Fighter is a helluva drug.

It sucks out loud to lose your all-star right off the bat and suffer through the drag that is 7 battles with 3 units and no triangle advantage on blues. Thankfully +10 Effie picked up the slack.

• Options
    Yes it is pretty ridiculous the difference between a gen 1 and gen 3 unit now. I can see something like Ogma in TT, and I'm pretty sure even Brave Micaiah can tank him once she has hit him with her debuff.

Then you have bullshit fallen Corrin, who waltzes into my team with that +12/+12 solo and doubles my +10 Naesala. Seems fair.

• Options
    Some of it is simple stat creep, but tbh most of what makes a unit "good" or not anymore is how those stats are distributed and, most importantly, how strong of a unique effect their weapon and/or personal skills offer. Fallen Corrin has quite possibly one of the most ridiculous weapons around since it offers an easy +6 to all her stats (and a passive +3 to her attack to boot). Her default A skill makes her blazing fast on both player and enemy phase, too.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    https://youtu.be/O3QuaKmAh38

(also I swear to God they cannot decide how to officially pronounce Daein... Micaiah's voice lines pronounced it without the e but now this has brought it back to match the narrator of Radiant Dawn... I'll let it slide if they start friggin pronouncing Yune correctly... )

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Was gonna use Fjorm as AR bonus unit, then realized I could use M Byleth. Gave him a spare wrath and a light blessing and he is doing WORK. The "nope" sword is extremely relevant in AR, and his massive plus stats from double Eir + bonus unit makes him a tank. He ignores those fighter skills and slaughters on counter with wrath boosted ruptured heaven.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    So I decided to find a +res Donnel, +10 him and transfer Nailah's skills to him to see what kind of work he'd do for me in AR during light week (with M!Corrin as his support partner). I gave him Casa Blanca +res and attack smoke with QR seal. It turns out he does a significant amount of work! M!Corrin was given Def/Res link from our newest TT unit and swap, so I can try to give him as many buffs as possible.

I also decided I really wanted a second F!Corrin from the newest solo banner, since the one I have is +atk, -res so I can cancel out that bane. I got a Minerva pity breaker, does that count as good?