As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm giving this a try. I'm in love with the art style of the bio-mechanical ninjas and villains. I just wanna reach out and poke them.

With the exception of the void, Warframe is also conceptually pretty hard sci-fi with a lack of aliens. Just a super advanced ruined society with miracle technology... and space ninjas.

It's actually one reason I like it better than Destiny -- iirc, Destiny's space magic is literal magic-magic. Warframe's is sufficiently advanced technology, with a side order of "frankly we just don't know how this works yet" (the Void). And even the Void seems grounded in some scientific principles, being *probably* a piece of extradimensional / folded space. The truly unknowable part is Transference -- why the heck that works, how it works, etc. Everything else? "bio-engineered nanites and cold fusion and stuff brah."
    From what I can tell, in the beginning the Orokin themselves were pretty fearful of the void. A fear that never fully went away.

WITH EXTREMELY GOOD REASON. NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHAT IT IS OR HOW IT WORKS, BEYOND "a space kinda outside normal space-time?" Like, the interactions it has with biology alone are cause for concern, let alone the way it messes with psychology.
    Figgy wrote: »
    I'm giving this a try. I'm in love with the art style of the bio-mechanical ninjas and villains. I just wanna reach out and poke them.

Ahem *points at the sign*

Do Not Poke the Space Villains

what if I poke them with my poking stick?

PrimePolearm.png

Only if it's a 10 foot or longer reach. "Poking it with a 10 foot pole" is a timehonored tradition.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I dunno, the space magic in warframe seems pretty space magic.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

With the exception of the void, Warframe is also conceptually pretty hard sci-fi with a lack of aliens. Just a super advanced ruined society with miracle technology... and space ninjas.

It's actually one reason I like it better than Destiny -- iirc, Destiny's space magic is literal magic-magic. Warframe's is sufficiently advanced technology, with a side order of "frankly we just don't know how this works yet" (the Void). And even the Void seems grounded in some scientific principles, being *probably* a piece of extradimensional / folded space. The truly unknowable part is Transference -- why the heck that works, how it works, etc. Everything else? "bio-engineered nanites and cold fusion and stuff brah."
    From what I can tell, in the beginning the Orokin themselves were pretty fearful of the void. A fear that never fully went away.

WITH EXTREMELY GOOD REASON. NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHAT IT IS OR HOW IT WORKS, BEYOND "a space kinda outside normal space-time?" Like, the interactions it has with biology alone are cause for concern, let alone the way it messes with psychology.

PrimePolearm.png

Only if it's a 10 foot or longer reach. "Poking it with a 10 foot pole" is a timehonored tradition.

good news: regular Orthos has a range of 3 meters (appx. 9 ft). Supposedly Orthos Prime has 3.9 meters (appx. 12 ft.) (source: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885257404 )

regular Reach gives +60% melee range; Primed Reach +165%

At this point my arithmatic skills fail so I can't tell you exactly how much reach an Orthos Prime with Primed Reach has... but I can say that it'd get you through the dungeon.

*edit* yes, this means Orthos Prime has the longest base reach of any polearm in the game, and yes, this means that it's my favorite melee weapon.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

PrimePolearm.png

good news: regular Orthos has a range of 3 meters (appx. 9 ft). Supposedly Orthos Prime has 3.9 meters (appx. 12 ft.) (source: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885257404 )

At this point my arithmatic skills fail so I can't tell you exactly how much reach an Orthos Prime with Primed Reach has... but I can say that it'd get you through the dungeon.

*edit* yes, this means Orthos Prime has the longest base reach of any polearm in the game, and yes, this means that it's my favorite melee weapon.

I thought the Guandao had the longest base reach of any polearm?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I decided to venture into public play for the first time over the last few days. I learned a lot. Well, I learned two specific things:

1. You can get murdered by an assassin that was after a person you don't even know
    2. Space herpes is really a thing and very easy to get

From this experience, I now have two philosophies:

1. Run away if you see a stranger that moves like a Warframe but can hurt you (please guys leave your domestic disputes at home)
    2. If you don't want space herpes ... always go solo (yeah it doesn't feel as good and the rewards are less but dammit I don't like needles)

At least I can get the vaccine (in about 6 more days) and not have to worry about getting sick again ... until I start another frame ... dammit.

On a related note at least I can get a horrifying monster that oozes ... something ... and probably wants to kill me in my sleep for a pet. I'm not sleeping in the orbiter if I end up making that thing.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Wiki says Cassowar, Guandao, and Orthos Prime are tied for greatest base reach for Polearms.

• Options
    Also: Ambulas Assassination Sortie? Yeah, uh, I think I'll pass on that today.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    no fear

HEY, KIDDO

one fear

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Fear? You know nothing of fear. Look at them, they-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq0ZDhsfK-U

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Fortuna standing being fairly reasonable to get means I might actually get an Arcane for once, for my kitgun. The one that spawns shots on kill sounds real amusing.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Yeah, Fortuna rep is super easy to acquire by whichever means you prefer. On a related note, stepping back a few pages, once of Ivara's more recent great uses is as Queen of the Floofs, as her Invisibility + Sleep Arrows means very easy Perfect Captures of Fortuna Wildlife. Which equals quick rep acquisition and lots of stuffed animals (if that's your thing).

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

PrimePolearm.png

Guandao? More like Guan Yu.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

On the one hand I can see where you're coming from on this. On the other this is a game where one of my frames can drop a robotic speaker that plays the bass line from "What Is Love?" to kill robotic enemies and cosmic horrors en masse so I'm not sure how grounded all this really is.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Yeah, Fortuna rep is super easy to acquire by whichever means you prefer. On a related note, stepping back a few pages, once of Ivara's more recent great uses is as Queen of the Floofs, as her Invisibility + Sleep Arrows means very easy Perfect Captures of Fortuna Wildlife. Which equals quick rep acquisition and lots of stuffed animals (if that's your thing).

Just keep in mind there was a slight nerf to her floofing abilities; you have to actually hit the target with your sleep arrow to get a perfect capture, otherwise the best you can get is good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I decided to venture into public play for the first time over the last few days. I learned a lot. Well, I learned two specific things:

1. You can get murdered by an assassin that was after a person you don't even know

1. Run away if you see a stranger that moves like a Warframe but can hurt you (please guys leave your domestic disputes at home)
    2. If you don't want space herpes ... always go solo (yeah it doesn't feel as good and the rewards are less but dammit I don't like needles)

At least I can get the vaccine (in about 6 more days) and not have to worry about getting sick again ... until I start another frame ... dammit.

On a related note at least I can get a horrifying monster that oozes ... something ... and probably wants to kill me in my sleep for a pet. I'm not sleeping in the orbiter if I end up making that thing.
    Nah, you should try to engage assassins when they're not after you. If they kill their target they'll leave, and you'll miss the chance to get their drops. Better to spend a rez or two than to lose out on that.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

Nah, you should try to engage assassins when they're not after you. If they kill their target they'll leave, and you'll miss the chance to get their drops. Better to spend a rez or two than to lose out on that.

Stalker is just the most dangerous of the bunch too partly because of his ability to pause and absorb damage and then reflect it like Nyx does. That's downed many a new player.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

On the one hand I can see where you're coming from on this. On the other this is a game where one of my frames can drop a robotic speaker that plays the bass line from "What Is Love?" to kill robotic enemies and cosmic horrors en masse so I'm not sure how grounded all this really is.

How dare you question the use of truly ancient classical ballads to destroy my enemies?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    My typical weapon leveling run more closely resembles a cabaret lounge than might be expected by the uninitiated.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

Just keep in mind there was a slight nerf to her floofing abilities; you have to actually hit the target with your sleep arrow to get a perfect capture, otherwise the best you can get is good.

Also, her sleep arrows don't work well on Sawgaw's as they sink into a mushroom if they are perched on one so you can't collect them. Still good for getting close to tranq them though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

So it's like super better than Destiny then or

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Oh my godddd, I thought only the mod slots with symbols on them were unlocked. I could have been on Venus hours ago!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

Well, TBT ... I didn't even know what was happening at first. I mean ... we're killing infected and I start taking damage. I see a guy that looks like a Warframe shooting in my direction. My teammates can't hurt me right. Maybe I got hit by an enemy. Most of those fights are a blur anyway. I go about my business chasing down one of the last infested on the level when I drop down ... bleeding out. WTH. As I'm laying on the ground dying I see the rest of the squad sweep in and kill the guy I thought was my teammate. Then they revive me. I mean ... I'm a new player. I haven't dived into the syndicate stuff yet. I don't have any bounties on my head ... yet. After they killed the guy I realized that he wasn't here FOR me.

At least when I hang out with my boys they can tell me that there is a crazy ex who might start some shit in the club before we go out. That way I'm prepared to be thrown out by the bouncer. I mean how was I supposed to tell he was being stalked. Is there a way to know when someone shows up and disembowels ME while trying to get to HIM?

• Options

Well, TBT ... I didn't even know what was happening at first. I mean ... we're killing infected and I start taking damage. I see a guy that looks like a Warframe shooting in my direction. My teammates can't hurt me right. Maybe I got hit by an enemy. Most of those fights are a blur anyway. I go about my business chasing down one of the last infested on the level when I drop down ... bleeding out. WTH. As I'm laying on the ground dying I see the rest of the squad sweep in and kill the guy I thought was my teammate. Then they revive me. I mean ... I'm a new player. I haven't dived into the syndicate stuff yet. I don't have any bounties on my head ... yet. After they killed the guy I realized that he wasn't here FOR me.

At least when I hang out with my boys they can tell me that there is a crazy ex who might start some shit in the club before we go out. That way I'm prepared to be thrown out by the bouncer. I mean how was I supposed to tell he was being stalked. Is there a way to know when someone shows up and disembowels ME while trying to get to HIM?

The flickering lights and Darth Vader breathing signals an attack. If you get messages threatening and taunting you, they're after you. If you don't get a communication during lights and stuff, they're not that into you.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

In case you missed your vital Warframe primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VuYCLelIO8

• Options

The flickering lights and Darth Vader breathing signals an attack. If you get messages threatening and taunting you, they're after you. If you don't get a communication during lights and stuff, they're not that into you.

( o _ O ) ... I didn't notice any heavy breathing. Or see any flashing lights ... Now I just feel gross. They clearly were not into me but they used my body. I can still feel ... nope. Next time I'll pay more attention. Thanks for the tips guys. Uggghhh ... tips *shudder*

Fake edit: Before I get a cease and desist. I was genuinely curious about how to know if I should shoot at that guy that moved like a ninja.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

( o _ O ) ... I didn't notice any heavy breathing. Or see any flashing lights ... Now I just feel gross. They clearly were not into me but they used my body. I can still feel ... nope. Next time I'll pay more attention. Thanks for the tips guys. Uggghhh ... tips *shudder*

Fake edit: Before I get a cease and desist. I was genuinely curious about how to know if I should shoot at that guy that moved like a ninja.

Bullets are just a way of saying hello.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Mag Prime is fantastic. So... much... energy! Gotta level her up quick.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Since there's no friendly fire, a good, old fashioned spy-check is perfectly acceptable.

• Options

In a game as frenetic as Warframe any time something that's otherwise extremely mobile halts movement and goes into an animation that's a big cue to pay attention and be careful. Remember the rules of martial arts films: A dude pausing to meditate during a fight is not something you want to fight. In this case that's the Absorb ability being used that will return damage received in an explosive radius.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with Switch account transfers? I'm confused about how they interact with the 50 starter platinum that new accounts get.

To recap my woes from the holiday forum, I tried to start playing this game on Switch, but the UI had such shockingly poor feedback that by hour two I had somehow accidentally spent 20 platinum on god knows what from the mod screen.

Support wouldn't do anything, and I was going to just drop the prospect of playing the game altogether in frustration, but it occurred to me that I might be able use the transfer feature to overwrite my Switch account with an un-fucked one I make on PC. Except it says platinum won't transfer. So I guess I have to spend as much as possible of that 50 PC platinum on inventory slots first? And then the migrated account...might end up with 50, 30, or 0 platinum on it, depending on how one interperets a bunch of different lines in the transfer documentation? I wish there was more clarity here.

I'm pretty sure it wipes the switch account, replacing it with the PC one, whose plat is reset to 0. But don't quote me on that

You keep whatever platinum you have bought on the switch account, and you're supposed to get platinum refunded for anything(?) you already purchased with it that was undone by the account overwrite. I think it will probably restore you to the starting 50 plat if you do it. If you don't have anything to lose you might as well try it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Fortuna standing being fairly reasonable to get means I might actually get an Arcane for once, for my kitgun. The one that spawns shots on kill sounds real amusing.

I feel like they learned lessons from Cetus, then decided to not apply those lessons to Cetus.

I'm almost a 223 though... D:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I got a 1-1-1 and I am never farming another wisp ever so 1-1-1 it stays.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Other than the torioid grind to unlock ranks, are the Fortuna amps easier to build? I heard the 777 is pretty good

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They look like they require as many types of shitty mining, farming, and gardening widget as from Cetus. My instant assumption is "nope!"

• Options
    I still have to build a Zaw for the achievement, lol....

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Reactor alert just went up on PC, FYI!

really digging Mesa Prime, she's so stylish. Not 100% happy with my red/purple/gold color scheme yet, but getting there.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    What you need in your life is lime green, yellow and blue.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I did blue, white, and sort of a silver/grey so I ended up with a kind of 80s cartoon action figure look I'm digging. Almost exactly matches the default scheme on the Veldt!

• Options
    Hmm.. 3% and 10 hours before Orca relay gets destroyed. I did it 16 times. I can't any more.

• Options
    Hmm.. 3% and 10 hours before Orca relay gets destroyed. I did it 16 times. I can't any more.

No one person should have to do that many archwing missions.

Steam Profile