Options

What Kind of [Podcast] Do You Like?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That's fine, I just take issue with your own initial statement that the movie pushes it, as opposed to not necessarily negating it

And that is totally fine.

I just think once you hold that theory in your mind, the film does nothing to turn you away from it.

Which I personally love.

They have VR sex!

And???

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?
    That's fine, I just take issue with your own initial statement that the movie pushes it, as opposed to not necessarily negating it

I just think once you hold that theory in your mind, the film does nothing to turn you away from it.

Which I personally love.

They have VR sex!

And???

It dissuades me from believing she's his daughter!

sig.gif
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Therapy Podcasts Where the Host is Pretty Fucked Up
    I have never seen Demolition Man but I'm always happy to side against @Zonugal

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I have never seen Demolition Man but I'm always happy to side against @Zonugal

Ours is a strong union.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Demolition Man is excellent in an incredibly silly way that only the 90s could produce

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options

Which I personally love.

wait why do you like this theory its bad

Because it reshaped a previous piece of literature through a new perspective?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    That theory reinforces the whole gross bad Daddy Issues trope and thus I will argue that it is morally bad as a theory, regardless of its viability

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Which I personally love.

I don't think that makes a theory inherently interesting

Like, there's so many reddit/internet theories that are like "x character was dead the whole time!" or whatever that aren't really based on anything and don't add much or anything to the story

"what if this dude fucked his daughter" similarly doesn't really add anything to the story other than bein kinda gross

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Which I personally love.

I guess we'd have to disagree?

Because anything that can re-alter my perception regarding previous literature is always going to at least interest me.

• Options
    I didn't imagine I'd have to make this disclaimer today but okay: I am not advocating for incest.

• Options

Which I personally love.

Because anything that can re-alter my perception regarding previous literature is always going to at least interest me.

I mean, theres the tumblr theory that all the babies in rugrats are dead and part of angelica's fucked up imagination

Is that really even worth a second thought

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Which I personally love.

I mean, theres the tumblr theory that all the babies in rugrats are dead and part of angelica's fucked up imagination

I'd argue that is dependent on the individual audience?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Which I personally love.

I need a good laugh sometimes so I guess so.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Which I personally love.

I'd argue that is dependent on the individual audience?

Gotcha, yeah I think we just disagree on this

I can get down on a good film/tv theory but it has to have some decent evidence within the body of work and actually help shape it in an interesting way

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    With Doctor Who if you wait long enough fanon becomes canon because the fans grow up and write the show.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    With Doctor Who if you wait long enough fanon becomes canon because the fans grow up and write the show.

GET OUT!!!

giphy.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I like to imagine that a massive meteor smashes into earth 30 seconds after credits roll in any movie

• Options
    I like to imagine that a massive meteor smashes into earth 30 seconds after credits roll in any movie

I'll guess you were a big fan of ABC's Dinosaurs series finale?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    OTHER (aka the coward's option)

I'm picturing this scenario with Armageddon and it's killing me

• Options
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?

Wow that really makes Armageddon nihilistic and depressing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

That's especially a bummer for Amageddon

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    armageddon tired of these posts

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WE DID IT EVERYONE

*pops champagne*

sig.gif
  • Options
    WE DID IT EVERYONE

*pops champagne*

*Thirty-seconds later a massive meteor smashes into the planet.*

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Welp see ya every one

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    WE DID IT EVERYONE

*pops champagne*

*Thirty-seconds later a massive meteor smashes into the planet.*

DONT WANNA CLOSE MY EYES
    I DONT WANNA FALL ASLEEP
    CUZ I MISS YOU BABY
    AND I DONT WANNA MISS A THING

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey guys you ever think about how Jar-Jar might have been a Sith Lord
    It adds so much depth to the prequels, it really does

• Options
    Tom Bombadil is not the Witch King of Angmar.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

Tom Bombadil is Sam beckett

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    What about Power Rangers actually being set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Ugh fuck me sideways, Tom Bombadil theory's are the worst.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

Every Power Rangers theory is beautiful and canon.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Ugh fuck me sideways, Tom Bombadil theory's are the worst.

But maybe the next leap will be the leap home???

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Star Wars happened a short while ago in a galaxy sorta close, relatively.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

That's not a theory, it's just what the story is

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    power rangers has a story?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Too much, some would say

• Options

power rangers has

a LOT of lore and plot, yes

its just spread out very weirdly over the franchise

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    But what IS a morphing grid, really

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    It's a grid that changes

This discussion has been closed.