As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What Kind of [Podcast] Do You Like?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    OTHER (aka the coward's option)
    Getting older sucks.

I did some light housework, sat down at my computer to take a break for a few minutes and discovered that I must have tweaked my neck at some point because it hurts to turn my head to left. I have no idea how I did this to myself.

I’m not super old yet (31) but stuff like this is why I make sure I stretch and do some exercise daily. Gotta keep limber!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We’ve been working out lately and ow.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    If the Hobbits from Lord of the Rings (Samwise Frodo Pippin and Merry) were power Rangers what colors would they be and what would their zords and special powers be?

Frodo: Red (shouldn't be, but stuck with it) Eagle Zord?

Sam: Green/White. Oliphant Zord.

Merry: Blue. Horse Zord.

Pippin: Black. I got nothing for the zord.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Pippins Zord is a mountainous heap of finest dankest pipe weed

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Pippins Zord is a mountainous heap of finest dankest pipe weed

Ah, so an Ent

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If you pull off a piece of Ent and grind it up and smoke it I guarantee you wake up the next morning with a fuckin sapling comin out your sternum

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Here's a flow chart for you to use in the future

"Should I talk about incest on the forums?"
    No

I'm pretty sure we already had an exhaustive thread on the subject.

There's still an active game of thrones thread!

If we're only allowed the one, I guess we have to close the Fire Emblem thread then.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    If you pull off a piece of Ent and grind it up and smoke it I guarantee you wake up the next morning with a fuckin sapling comin out your sternum

Ok yeah this is definitely how Pippin summons his Zord

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    Hey @Rorshach Kringle your power continues unabated

Todd McFarlane says Spawn is coming to Mortal Kombat 11

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Podcasts With One Actor Talking To Another Actor
    Nestle should put out a little chocolatier's set, where you can make your own candy at home. A Kit Kat Kit. And then they can have a little cartoon mascot, the Kit Kat Kit Cat. And then a hobby set letting make your own plushie, a Kit Kat Kit Cat Kit

And so on and et cetera, you get this bit

How very Max Blum of you

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

If only we could harness his power for something I want!

• Options
    edited December 2018

The answer to this is just to start wanting the things AJ wants

Veldrin on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?

So that’s two MK-Soulcalibur krossover kharacters now (the other one’s Kratos). Get Link in there now.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Well, start wanting Spawn

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?
    spawn fucking sucks but he absolutely fits the mortal kombat aesthetic

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Punisher 2099 for MK

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

So that’s two MK-Soulcalibur krossover kharacters now (the other one’s Kratos). Get Link in there now.

It'd have to be one of the Links that straight up murders people though. Which I think are Wind Waker Link and Link to the Past Link? So that would be fun.

• Options

It'd have to be one of the Links that straight up murders people though. Which I think are Wind Waker Link and Link to the Past Link? So that would be fun.

I bet Breath of the Wild Link would end a man's life without a second thought. He's kind of a psychopath at times

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    All Links are killers. Swords aren't a non-lethal weapon!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    All Links are killers. Swords aren't a non-lethal weapon!

you can't prove they didn't burst into a puff of smoke of their own volition

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I posit those enemies merely teleport away after you defeat them in combat, hence why they come back after you leave the room.

The bosses are the only things we see actually perish

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I specifically mean killing humans, monsters are one thing but LttP Link cuts a swath through the palace guards without hesitation.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The only ones who kill humans who aren't literally ending the world are Link to the Past Link and Twilight Princess Link. And in Twilight Princess it's not clear if he knows he's doing it—hell, a lot of players miss out on that bit of information

Breath of the Wild Link prior to the Calamity also totally iced anyone who drew a knife on Zelda, but after he gets amnesia he's strictly non-lethal to what he identifies as human opponents

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So he’s a racist

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That is a question that comes up for basically every iteration of Link at one time or another, partially (but not totally) owing to the not-killing-humans-thing, but then I think you're getting more into the underpinnings of the setting rather than the motivations of any specific character

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Moblins have society

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Well, I mean, moblins never actually die, either

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Moblin Transporter Problem

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    an evil society

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    It's the ol' D&D problem where goblins and kobolds and whatnot are often used as combat fodder, but also it's established that they are sapient and have complex social structures, which makes most tabletop "heroes" kind of monstrous.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    every day I'm mobble-in

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Please select your ranger’s racial enemy

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Spawn is, essentially, a Revenant, which is what Scorpion was for a long time

So yeah that totally fits

Also you know Johnny Cage's pre-fight dialogue is gonna be calling him lame, so I'm down

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    It's the ol' D&D problem where goblins and kobolds and whatnot are often used as combat fodder, but also it's established that they are sapient and have complex social structures, which makes most tabletop "heroes" kind of monstrous.

Look it says evil alignment right here in the monster manual my hands are clean.

(DnD alignment is its own weird problem too, of course.)

• Options
    Hmmm, now I'm thinking about the history of human-like enemies in Zelda games and how we interact with those, and how the games frame them

Ocarina of Time may have been the absolute nadir in terms of having enemies who appeared to have thought processes similar to humans, but it was still there with the Dinolfos and Lizalfos (rate though they were). Then Majora's Mask had you getting attacked by the Garo, who are human by all appearances and then kill themselves upon defeat.

Ah, wait, hold on, Ocarina of Time Link does also kill humans; he kills one every time he defeats an Iron Knuckle

There's a conversation to be had about this, somewhere in here, even ignoring the readings of the setting that frame all demons (and all -blins, by consequence) as humans whose bodies have changed to reflect the evil of their hearts. It does make me wonder, though, about the framing of demons in particular, and how that word's meaning seems to change over the course of the series

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Please select your ranger’s racial enemy

al bhed

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I thought Iron Knuckles were just posessed armor

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I thought Garo were already ghosts

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Look it says evil alignment right here in the monster manual my hands are clean.

(DnD alignment is its own weird problem too, of course.)

Alright Hadrian, slow your roll.

• Options
    I thought Iron Knuckles were just posessed armor

the time you defeat one and the gerudo lady is in it makes it clear that they can be possessed by people too

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.