As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I wish I had palom

Triple is much better than double. This month I did 1 Q and 19 hydras.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I chose Palom. Still not quite managing to get Geo going :/ Gonna have to keep trying different combinations.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Think I might go with Ysayle USB. Seems to be used often for Typhon clears. Plus it's a +ice rod, that's going to be useful.

LMR is probably just going to be something for the heck of it, I dunno.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Easy sub-30 on the 280 for once. I did finally pull the trigger on Tidus LD for it, but otherwise I didn't need any dives here.

Team was:

Wakka Wrath/Entrust USB1
    Tidus BSB2/LMR
    Yuna Curada/Hastega USB1
    Paine Stormspell USB1
    Rikku Multibreakdance/Shellga SSB/BSB1

I never saw Mindblast or Megadeath, it was pretty much smooth sailing after the first Yuna USB1 got everyone up to decent HP again.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Mysterious Mister P from Reddit, who managed the comprehensive PDF, is also quitting in the wake of Enlir quitting.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    we're going to be in the stone age past March or so

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    we're going to be in the stone age past March or so

At least we still have Spiralis and TF Murphy.

• Options
    Had an idea, did some experimentation, data point for others:

Q can't break Geo's Savage mode with lv 6 imperil, 3x 15 lit boost buffs, AND a DEF/RES breakdown dance. But it gets so fucking close - less than 500 points.

Anything else buff magicite damage? If I can get Q to break Savage mode, I can rely on traditional damage and I think I can dismantle it.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Q can't break Geo's Savage mode with lv 6 imperil, 3x 15 lit boost buffs, AND a DEF/RES breakdown dance. But it gets so fucking close - less than 500 points.

Anything else buff magicite damage? If I can get Q to break Savage mode, I can rely on traditional damage and I think I can dismantle it.

Total stats of the Magicite. Inherit everything to full.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Total stats of the Magicite. Inherit everything to full.

Yeah, that's probably your best bet. I relied upon my lightning chain in conjunction with Imperil and Lightning Boost to ring that bell, but if that's not an option, this is your best bet.

Geocites's defenses are a really tough nut to crack, in any case.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Bringing 4x +MAG got it to less than 400. Argh. I'm starting to think this was explicitly keyed to be impossible (unless I make a second KB with yet another +15 lit, I guess)

That being said, it was also by far my best run, and I just barely ran out of gas, but I think I can do it if I just straight up ignore Savage mode.

God, if I ever get the Garnet chain this will instantly be sub 30

• Options
    Bringing 4x +MAG got it to less than 400. Argh. I'm starting to think this was explicitly keyed to be impossible (unless I make a second KB with yet another +15 lit, I guess)

That being said, it was also by far my best run, and I just barely ran out of gas, but I think I can do it if I just straight up ignore Savage mode.

God, if I ever get the Garnet chain this will instantly be sub 30

Are the espers themselves inhereted for max stats? Not just the MAG Boon, but the MAG stat of the magicites themselves.

• Options
    Yep.

I'm basically out of magicite stuff to do other than the ones I haven't cleared.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Woop, tweaked a Geocities clear on reddit and after some fiddling managed to get a clear.

My team:
    Shantotto Chain + Ultra, Vortex R4 + Hell Thunder R5, +30% lightning RM, 2 lightning equips
    Elarra USB, Allegro R2 + Valigarmanda R4, Dr. Mog's
    Onion BSB, Chain Thundaga R4 + Entrust, Mako Might, 1 lightning equip
    Ashe Glint+Arcane, Chain Thundaga R3 + Chain Thundaja R4, +30% weakness RM, 2 lightning equips
    Edge SSB2, Flash Disaster + lightning scroll, Ace Striker
    RW Wall
    Magicite: Quetz + Quetz + Behemoth King + Garuda + Evrae
    total relevant passives: four Empower Lightning 15, 2 Magic Boon 15, 1 HP Boon 5, 1 Surging Power 10, three Dampen Water 10

• Options
    Geo down! In fucking 1:00.07. Ahahaha.

I've got a couple ways to tighten that up, but I'm mostly just proud to have it done without a chain or AOSB.

I'll post details when I'm at a PC to type.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Have to decide between aerith and barb in 4 hours.

Aerith is better, but I have elarra. Barb is more specific, but my wind magic is weak.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    In that case, I’d go with Barb, unless you need Aerith for something specific soon. But don’t let me sway you alone.

———

So, just how badly do Ninjas fare against Phoenix? I’ll be trying that fight soon, and I need to decide if I should field Yuffie (U2) as a third DPS, or Alphinaud as a second healer (Alphy would have his S)

Enlong on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I don’t know what I’d need it for but I mostly would want it for the healer last stand, the only one I have is relm’s burst so that’s useful tech.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My understanding is you’ll never have blinks up.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    My understanding is you’ll never have blinks up.

Then I should probably use Alphy or Kimahri for radiant shield, I think.

• Options
    Clears you can't reproduce are so annoying. I've been having a hell of a time trying to get the last two Beliases I want.

I mean, I probably don't need him straight away; I have a very usable Overstrike from Locke for the physical sphere. But it's the principle of the thing.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Changed my Evrae from quick cast to HP boost, swapped dance to just resist breakdown.

52.4s and mastery. Fuck yeah.

E: and reproducible, but if I take sightly longer (55s), I lose two medals.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Finished up with Q, actually got him down to 35 seconds somehow? Burning all my fest tickets to try and get him to 99 now.
    Not looking forward to Geocities, doesn't sound fun.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    And there's 4 and level 99. Need to get some more fodder for inheritance. Hooray!

I'll try the fire ones next week.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Holy shit, Phoenix. This speed of attacking is not okay.

Edit:

And Phoenix is down! I had to spend the entire fight entrusting meter to Relm for her USB. The sheer ferocity of the fight necessitated an almost sub-30 time, because of Relm's Powerchain effect; any longer and I would've been drowned in flames almost immediately.

Team consists of Bartz (U1), Tidus (Chain, U1), Kimahri (U), Relm (U), Onion (Ninja U).

I think this is reproducable easily. I'll try to get the other 3 tomorrow.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok question at this point in time (and because there are chains I still don't have) is Ramza Legend Dive still worth it for Battle Cry + Entrusting?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Daily hit - Ingus LMR1. Better than nothing, I guess!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Ok question at this point in time (and because there are chains I still don't have) is Ramza Legend Dive still worth it for Battle Cry + Entrusting?

Ramza's LD is not great. The problem is that while it makes the ATK buff last longer, it does not make the party haste last longer. And the haste already tends to run out first.

It was one of the first dives I did, and I got value out of it at the time, but if I could refund it now, I probably would.

• Options
    Ramza's LMR1 (ATB full at start and instacast 1) is probably the most important piece for him to have, far more valuable than his legend materia obtained in his dive.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Ramza's LD is not great. The problem is that while it makes the ATK buff last longer, it does not make the party haste last longer. And the haste already tends to run out first.

It was one of the first dives I did, and I got value out of it at the time, but if I could refund it now, I probably would.

On the pro side, he's in a terrible pool, and if you're trying to even out your dives he's a better choice than most.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Holy shit, Phoenix. This speed of attacking is not okay.

Edit:

And Phoenix is down! I had to spend the entire fight entrusting meter to Relm for her USB. The sheer ferocity of the fight necessitated an almost sub-30 time, because of Relm's Powerchain effect; any longer and I would've been drowned in flames almost immediately.

Team consists of Bartz (U1), Tidus (Chain, U1), Kimahri (U), Relm (U), Onion (Ninja U).

I think this is reproducable easily. I'll try to get the other 3 tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

This guy’s an idiot.

• Options
    Bosses should not be allowed to crit. Ruining a supposedly perfectly reproducible run of a 10 minute fight at minute 9 should get the creators tried in the Hague.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Bosses should not be allowed to crit. Ruining a supposedly perfectly reproducible run of a 10 minute fight at minute 9 should get the creators tried in the Hague.

Particularly 5-star magicite, who otherwise are entirely static. Removing the randomness from Magicite fights was one of their best ideas in a long while, so it makes the remaining randomness of critical hits stand out much more.

Enlong on
  • Options
    FFX-2 100 gems: 3* I'm going crazy

Data for posterity:
    32 misses in a row

38/342 lifetime

5/87 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    It's not worth.

edit:

Finally reproduced that Phoenix kill. I think I must've had supreme dualcast luck the first time, as reproducing it involved half-diving Relm and buying Sapphire Bullet.

I think I want to pick the Bartz O off of that discounted gem selection I opened myself for a while back. Having his U1 and 3 of his good Bs is nice, but the O would be a very important bit of finishing-blow power for him. I think I can shave a harrowing few seconds off of the Phoenix kill with it.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Huh. No mythril in tonight's event. That stinks.

• Options
    Huh. No mythril in tonight's event. That stinks.

A couple of the stages in the regular event dropped two mythril. I think it came out about the same? Or maybe less but not significantly less, I dunno.

• Options
    Sidenote: RW cloud USB on Luneth aosb while wind chain is active is hilarious.

• Options
    Sidenote: RW cloud USB on Luneth aosb while wind chain is active is hilarious.

Hm. I'm tempted.

OK, that's four Phoenixes secured. Each kill was frantic and pretty much came down to the last turn I'd be able to survive. But, all in all, Burny Bird was much less of a hassle than Zappy Bird.

This discussion has been closed.