As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Upcoming JP event is a lightning-themed banner with a Type-0 as well? Weird.

(Edit: this is an event tied to the new fat black chocbo shop system. Specifically, it is a new shop Thunder Event. More at the bottom)

Lightning based characters getting new stuff:

Queen AASB, 6* Glint (empowered lightning +IC1), LMR2 (en-lightning)

Desch Gen 2 lightning mag chain, Glint (6 aoe lightning/ne, minor imperil, res -40%), LMR2 (haste+ic1)

Reno AOSB (3 hybrid lightning)

Shelke USB 0CT 10 ST LIghtning/NE, -Atk/Mag 40%, party pblink, Chases celerity or support with 4 ST LIghtning/NE + mag -40%. Glint is 75% damage reduction 1 + haste to party.

The Type-0 banner only has one new relic, Ace realm chain. Banner has some great stuff otherwise.

Desch with chain and ic1, following up with wrath > Imperil SSB or USB would be fantastic.

EDIT: so yeah, you get tickets which let you get krakka greens that you can redeem for shop goods. Can collect a few characters, a mythril, some 5* lightning abilities, 2 5* relics (no SB, but +lightning weapons), and of note: 6* Reno lightning Chain.
    It's basically a gen 1 chain with no extra attacks or buffs; just the chain effect and lightning boost. But it's essentially free for doing the event.

I'm assuming they will be doing more of these events for every element, so everyone will likely be able to get a budget chain eventually.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    And this one's worth the doublepost

https://mobile.twitter.com/_KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1088371012368949248

KHIII worldwide event in February.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I was totally just spitballing when I made the KH thread title.

Go me!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Early aasb!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Early aasb!

Sora and Riku AASBs will probably be Fire/Ice/Lightning and Dark (element? School?), but probably stock standard besides that.

I might have to pull aggressively here. This may be my ticket past Syldra! Also Hecatoncheir, since Snowspell Strike would still benefit from his AASB even doing Wind damage.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I just hope they offer the KH characters that people missed the first time around. Ought to give me my chance to get them and save up for one or two pulls on the lucky draw.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I just hope they offer the KH characters that people missed the first time around. Ought to give me my chance to get them and save up for one or two pulls on the lucky draw.

They kind of have to release Sora and Riku again, or else what's the point of putting their stuff on banners?

In other news JP is getting a free C99 20% Field Lightning Chain for Reno with no other entry effect added to a different Fat Chocobo shop. So most likely they'll start giving consolation Chains to folks who still need them to break into content.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well.

I’m still gonna chuck one pull at the VIII ice banner, but I’m then gonna save up for another bite at KH. Riku has been real good to me, but I’d love the opportunity to make Sora strong, since I only got his glints last time.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well.

I’m still gonna chuck one pull at the VIII ice banner, but I’m then gonna save up for another bite at KH. Riku has been real good to me, but I’d love the opportunity to make Sora strong, since I only got his glints last time.

Do you need Ice stuff or 8 stuff? Because Sora AASB would solve all your Ice problems.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well.

Do you need Ice stuff or 8 stuff? Because Sora AASB would solve all your Ice problems.

Ice stuff.

However, one of the biggest things I would want to get off the VIII banner is Laguna’s ice chain. If I had that, I could fulfill Snow’s and Laguna’s roles in the Syldra fight with just Laguna, freeing up a space for a second Entruster or another DPS character. Having more power is good, but I’m struggling in the Syldra fight due to how hard it is to fit in every important role. Squall has plenty of ice power, but what’s killing me in the Syldra fight is not having enough meter for Relm.

On the other hand, Laguna’s chain will come around again, whereas Sora might very well not. I will endeavor to hold off on the VIII banner until we know what’s on KH, at lease.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i have a complete sora and riku so there go my saving for fest plans

• Options
    The announcement says we’ll see characters and events from KH1-3, so dare I hope for new characters, like Kairi, Roxas, or Aqua?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    In other news JP is getting a free C99 20% Field Lightning Chain for Reno with no other entry effect added to a different Fat Chocobo shop. So most likely they'll start giving consolation Chains to folks who still need them to break into content.

Oh hey, they figured out that mortal humans require chains to make any progress in 5* magicite, good on them.

Reno is an exceptionally good pick to get the sympathy lightning chain, since his LM2 is doublecast lightning, and he has both full black magic and full machinist (just in time for Plasma Offering!).

• Options
    Ooh, Lann Ultra off the daily draw. I'm sure Bartz, Locke, and a few others will appreciate a 6* fire thrower.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Oh hey, they figured out that mortal humans require chains to make any progress in 5* magicite, good on them.

Reno is an exceptionally good pick to get the sympathy lightning chain, since his LM2 is doublecast lightning, and he has both full black magic and full machinist (just in time for Plasma Offering!).

Cue speculation on who's the best pick in each element for a freebie Chain. Or ya know, more KH banner speculation.

What if Cloud gets a Dark/Heavy AASB?

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    If Sora gets a tri-element AASB, there goes my mythril. Sora has been amazing for me.

• Options

Cue speculation on who's the best pick in each element for a freebie Chain. Or ya know, more KH banner speculation.

What if Cloud gets a Dark/Heavy AASB?

Freebie fire or bio chain for Edgar, plz.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I hope I don't miss out on Sora again. Last time I had to make do with just glints+aosb despite several pulls. Never found a use for Sora really without the lmr or usb.

I am stoked that stuff for these characters will be back though, I like them and they're real good.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Maytag wrote: »
    I hope I don't miss out on Sora again. Last time I had to make do with just glints+aosb despite several pulls. Never found a use for Sora really without the lmr or usb.

I am stoked that stuff for these characters will be back though, I like them and they're real good.

Sora AOSB by itself is real, real good. I'm sure plenty of people around here would be happy to have it just to make Syldra less awful, for instance.

• Options
    Glint + LM for start-with-Haste-and-aura is pretty nice. Kind of wants his RLM, for dualcast, though. And the Arcane probably helps for an actual finisher.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Did we get a free pull on KH last time? I thought we did but I don't seem to have any SBs or LMR for Sora or Riku though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »

Sora AOSB by itself is real, real good. I'm sure plenty of people around here would be happy to have it just to make Syldra less awful, for instance.

I'm sure it could be useful there for a sub-30 run, I doubt using a character who's enelement ends at 25s (I've got fire/lightning glints) and can then only assist with spellblades without any kind of extra boost is going to help any for me. Conversely, I'm stacked enough for fire and lightning, so I've never even looked at Sora with just these tools.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Did we get a free pull on KH last time? I thought we did but I don't seem to have any SBs or LMR for Sora or Riku though.

We got a half-price pull, and then subsequent ones were full price.

There were Cloud and Squall relics on the banner in addition to Sora and Riku.

• Options
    Were there old relics on the banner? If not I must have skipped. I thought Japan got a free pull or something?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Were there old relics on the banner? If not I must have skipped. I thought Japan got a free pull or something?

There was some dark stuff for Cloud IIRC, though I forgot what Squall had.

• Options
    Cloud's bsb3 and lmr....3? I don't think there was any Squall stuff on it.

• Options
    Cloud's bsb3 and lmr....3? I don't think there was any Squall stuff on it.

Oh right, it was just new Cloud stuff. The Squall thing was the Leon dressphere.

• Options
    Maybe we had a free pull without G5? I thought there was something. I must not have wanted to spend mythril.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Last KH event's banner was
    Sora Arcane, Ultra, 3x Glint, BSB, LMR (w-spellblade)
    Riku Arcane, Ultra, Glint, BSB, LMR (start dark)
    Cloud BSB (dark), LMR (quick dark?)

I could imagine people skipping if they were low on mythril and didn't want to go after items for characters that would "never" be getting updates and didn't belong to any realm teams.

I got 1/11 Sora LMR for my half-price draw, so I felt like I had to go after him, but didn't get anything more than a Glint and a bunch of Riku stuff on my subsequent pulls :/

• Options
    I rolled on it twice for 75 mythril. First pull got me Riku’s Ultra and Sora’s Fire and Ice glints.

I really wanted to get something more for Sora, which is why I did the second pull. Which got me Cloud’s B3, which I’ve actually never used for its intended purpose. Such is life.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    In retrospect Cloud's BSB3 would have been amazing for flailing around at Siren.

I never played KH so had no attachment to the characters.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    big monkey wrench on my plans. I wanted to Waifu pull Squall but Sora might be even bigger Waifu than Squall for me. Too bad Sora doesn't have Earth on his USB cuz man I would love some more DPS on Quetz.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    big monkey wrench on my plans. I wanted to Waifu pull Squall but Sora might be even bigger Waifu than Squall for me. Too bad Sora doesn't have Earth on his USB cuz man I would love some more DPS on Quetz.

Depending on how it's set up, he might get a new SB that would give him Fire powers, that would still technically work with the Earth/Fire spellblade.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    As long as I get to pull for an AASB either way, I don't care whether it's next month or during the fest

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    yeah gimme shinny new toys. all the bubsys and aasbs plz.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The last KH banner was also in February last year, which was a big mythril drain right before the third anniversary fest. I could see not pulling/not going buckwild at the time, sure.

• Options
    If we got Terra (KH) as a character, he’d most likely be someone who could help with Quetzalcoatl.

I can easily see him as being a Heavy focused character, so as to use Earth and Dark.

• Options
    So who all could they add this time?

I have a hard time thinking Mickey, Donald, or Goofy would get added, because those are actual Disney properties.

Kairi would complete the initial 3. She'd probably be a healer, because FFRK is sexist that way.

Axel/Lea would be a Fire shooter, probably?
    Roxas would probably do Holy, if I had to guess.
    Xion I have no clue.

Terra Earth/Heavy
    Ventus Wind/Celerity
    Aqua Water Mage

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Aqua would more likely be a magic version of Sora, with powerful use of Fire, Ice, and Lightning, to go with her best spells in her own game.

Roxas would be a Holy element Knight with 5-star Samurai access, for flavor.

Ventus would be a Wind Celerity user, perhaps with Holy on his soul break elements for flavor.

Kairi’s kind of up in the air. I could see her as a healer, a Knight, or a Rem-style Holy Mage. FFRK is kinda all over the place, (like, Refia as a Monk is still kinda surprising to me) so it’s hard to tell for sure.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Presuming we will get something like AASBs, maybe 6* Glints for Sora and Riku.....

And likely many of their original relics returning (USB, glint, LMR, Arcanes are all something we still see on banners. I'd say maybe no BSBs if anything).....

If they add another character or two we'd be looking at a full event with 2 banners.

Hell of a mythril drain, but likely worth it depending on the variables.

This discussion has been closed.