As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'm v close to getting a clear on XIV torment with Ysh BUSB

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    I'd focus on getting your 280s done, honestly.

I've beaten enough to have spare rubies, I don't actually need anything from rubies so I don't need to stick my hand any further into that wood chipper. I need to clear Geo and get past Belias before ward nerf makes that harder.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Your current offense team is Kain chain, Garnet Imperil Burst, and Shantotto or Maria Ultra, right? Did you say you had Onion’s Burst? If so, think it might be an option to give him Entrust and either Wrath or Voltech, so as to give Penelo or Elarra more meter for survival. Tyro can do a similar tactic with SG, if you RW Raider.

If Onion has Voltech, probably it would be best to use Shantotto (who can use Witch) or Ashe (whose Burst is enough) in stead of Maria.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yes, I'm going to look at swapping Maria out. I tried swapping her for Alphinaud for radiant shield but the buff is wasted since garnet bsb2 has the same one. Apparently there are only two magical characters who get imperil lightning garnet and desch. And there is no one else who has a better buff + radiant shield that I have. Well Vincent but I'm not sure how that helps me. I guess Burst mode does give him personally better stats. I guess I should give Ashe or Rafa/malach a try. I'm just tired of diving all my mages for no reason.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2019
    If you were to dive just one (assuming burst for each), I’d recommend Ashe; her Burst command doesn’t heal anyone but her, but it’s considerably stronger than Rapha’s

Of course, Rapha’s buff may be of use, but perhaps not as much as it could be, since you’d be using Garnet’s.

β€”β€”β€”β€”

I would probably try the characters before a dive, to sort of get an initial look at what they can do relative to each other.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    maaaaaaaaaaan It's black crystal day. I need toooons once more. Stupid Chain Stoneja.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    If you were to dive just one (assuming burst for each), I’d recommend Ashe; her Burst command doesn’t heal anyone but her, but it’s considerably stronger than Rapha’s

Of course, Rapha’s buff may be of use, but perhaps not as much as it could be, since you’d be using Garnet’s.

β€”β€”β€”β€”

I would probably try the characters before a dive, to sort of get an initial look at what they can do relative to each other.

I have the USB for one, and the BSB that has quickcast for the other. Also the LMR that grants chance for quickcast on lit cast... which I guess probably doesn't stack with the BSB. I didn't realize Ashe has a higher multiplier.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 Ysh BUSB. I miss using her for everything, instant medica could give her an opportunity to make some content, although she is still outclassed by several of my other healers.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Leeks wrote: Β»
    1/3 Ysh BUSB. I miss using her for everything, instant medica could give her an opportunity to make some content, although she is still outclassed by several of my other healers.

I'm honestly surprised more people don't talk about her Bubsy. Instant party Curaga and 3 charges of doublespeed magic makes her the magic equivalent of Aerith, though Y'shtola's Guts is attached to her Brave 3 heal, not the entry. I guess because her magic cast speed doesn't stack with ACM?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Leeks wrote: Β»

I'm honestly surprised more people don't talk about her Bubsy. Instant party Curaga and 3 charges of doublespeed magic makes her the magic equivalent of Aerith, though Y'shtola's Guts is attached to her Brave 3 heal, not the entry. I guess because her magic cast speed doesn't stack with ACM?

I think people don't talk about it because it has only been offered once, on a fest banner that was pretty awkward IIRC. Not that many people own it.

Speed up and last stand in the same SB is pretty rare, and pretty good.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Enlong wrote: Β»

β€”β€”β€”β€”

I have the USB for one, and the BSB that has quickcast for the other. Also the LMR that grants chance for quickcast on lit cast... which I guess probably doesn't stack with the BSB. I didn't realize Ashe has a higher multiplier.

Whose USB?

And yeah, Ashe’s command 1 has a multiplier of 2.63 per hit for 4 hits, plus a self-heal. Rapha’s command one has a multiplier of 2.36, plus an ally heal, and Chain Thundaga has a multiplier of 2.95.

It’s a better relative strength than most BSB commands I know of, outside of outliers like Squall. Probably they thought she needed it, since the burst command has no non-elemental aspect.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Rapha USB LMR buff suite and quicken on lightning.
    Malak BSB Commands give quick cast.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2019
    That almost makes me want to suggest using Rapha and Ashe, using Rapha with Curaja and Voltech instead of Onion. The issue with that, of course, is that Rapha can’t do Entrust like Onion or Tyro can. The extra heals from Rapha and Ashe might serve, but I’m not certain.

Maybe Rapha could take Garnet’s slot, but I don’t know that Magicite summons can keep up with his NulShock casts.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    oooooh, rapha USB has hastega too, so then I could give penelo protectga instead of haste.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Eat it, you stupid lapras wannabe

Nt5DZhal.png

Way too much work to get even a single kill on that thing, took a couple more tries at it and couldn't quite replicate. I think some magia will help, particularly some MND and a touch of HP on Elarra.

• Options
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering I don't know some kind of fish ball?; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

3uzfvnrhzqm4.png

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    What did your team end up being, @38thDoe ?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Now to do it 3 more times! :V

1 More time. Not going to forget the keypresses this time. Or 5 more times ugh if I want a soon to be depreciated GDM.
    What did your team end up being, 38thDoe ?
    Oh right. The first time I beat it I was too stunned to take a screenshot at the right time. Also the second time.
    ksiff6f09wh5.png

Shantotto had to toggle between USB and BSB. Don't waste the double casts during Q's cooldown period.
    Rapha cast USB a lot to give quickcast and haste.
    Penelo cast her BSB to give Last Stand and USB to instant heal and dodge stone punch.
    Kain provided chain, and magic breakdown to help me survive. 9% damage reduction isn't huge but it helped. Kain was also in charge of summoning Walls, but not Q since he doesn't get any quick cast. Used 3 chains.
    Garnet spams BSB command 1 to keep everyone healed and when she can spare it recasts BSB 1 to stack imperil to 6.

Maria was such a huge trap in my clear. I just saw double cast as higher dps and it is, its just not higher damage. and with losing 2-4 hones from siphon spirit and nothing useful to do when out of hones she couldn't stay.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    so I feel really dumb. I was neglecting the Record Dungeons and didn't realize that each island you clear raises your Crystal Water Cap. That's...a lot of HP and Stat Boosts.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Argh, Geo doesn't imperil? Did you all feed your Krakens to Geo or farm up a new one, or feed Octoman and another atk boost or?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    It looks like I fed mine a Kraken (+Water and Blade Ward were my personal choices) and then farmed another Kraken, for fights where I want to Imperil Water instead of Water Boost.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Argh, Geo doesn't imperil? Did you all feed your Krakens to Geo or farm up a new one, or feed Octoman and another atk boost or?

I haven't done any proper inheritance on either of my water magicites yet. Just checked - my Geocities literally has ATK Boon 5 inherited, and an empty slot. Famfrit just ate a second copy of itself for duplicate spell ward and resist fire.

Tidus and friends crush Phoenix pretty hard for me, so that's why it hasn't mattered what I've put on Geocities. Long term, I will probably farm up two Octomamms or something for two extra copies of Empower Water 15 for my Geocities. I am still maintaining a copy of Kraken, because yes sometimes that Imperil Water is a thing you want. Octomamm's active is pretty much just a worse version of Geocities' active, so feel free to mulch that, unless you're saving it for nostalgia purposes (like I am).

Gizamaluke's active is probably worse than Famfrit's (surprisingly good!) active most of the time, but I am not 100% on that, so maybe keep one or maybe don't worry about it.

Fry on
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that Famfrit is for Belias. In any case I'm sure I'll need at least 3 water boost 15 because I have so little for water magical.
    Apparently magical water has one imperil. Tons of enwater, but I have none of them. Guess it looks like Tidus chain, radiant shield, two healers and maybe grab Strago BSB off AA draw?

It would be cool if the top level magicites were more evenly distributed over the 17 realms.
    V: Ice, Wind
    VI: Fire, Wind, Holy, Dark
    VIII: Lit
    IX: Holy, Dark
    X: Water
    XII: Fire, Ice, Water
    XIII Lit, Earth
    XV: Earth

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2019
    My Belias team is Shelke, Tidus, Vivi, Rydia, Raijin. The SB requirement is not necessarily that high, though the hone count is pretty brutal (think I had to do R4 on Vortex, Chain Waterja, AND Lunar Leviathan).

Rydia does very good damage with Ogopogo/Lunar Leviathan - pretty easy 3x/4x 9999, gets tons of extra casts from LD and the doublecast summon RM.

IIRC you don't have Raijin SSB, so you might want to do Alphinaud SSB instead of Rydia, and field an actual healer or two (possibly replacing Shelke). Alph's DPS should be roughly equivalent to Rydia's, maybe more once you factor in damage reflect.

Fry on
  • Options
    You have Rydia and Vivi USB though right? I have Rajin SSB. I can probably hit those hones but I don't have the other relics.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i still feel like the ward nerf doom and gloom is a bit much.

the only fight i ever get close to eating that level of damage is belias, and it's still a wipe because vivi and palom only have like 6.5k hp, not 9k.

wards are still good after the nerf, it really only alters radiant teams and teams exploting the cap as a sort of last stand.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: Β»

wards are still good after the nerf, it really only alters radiant teams and teams exploting the cap as a sort of last stand.

This is likely to be most of my clears is what I'm trying to say.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    More realm spread for the Magicites would’ve been neat.

FFI Lich for Earth would be good.
    One of the Ices could’ve been FFXIV Shiva.
    FFIV Rubicante for Fire...
    FFIII Garuda for lightning, obviously.

• Options
    You have Rydia and Vivi USB though right? I have Rajin SSB. I can probably hit those hones but I don't have the other relics.

Yeah, I have the "bad" Rydia USB (which is still pretty decent). Vivi -> Maria seems like an easy swap for you. IIRC the timing is pretty tight on not getting wrecked by Berserk, so you may have to field a more conventional team with healers and Astra rather than doing Shelke+Raijin shenanigans.

If you DO want to try the shenanigans, know that Raijin's pattern is really weird in that fight. There's a spot around the phase 1->2 transition where Belias breaks last stand on slots 1 and 5, Famfrit comes in to provide a bubble to absorb the next attack, and then Belias hits slots 2-4 to break their last stand. Consequently, Raijin actually has time to do two lifesiphons in a row there, rather than strictly spamming SSB. Might be worth looking for a writeup in the reddit mastery thread.

• Options
    Did a few LotR draws to rule out possible choices for Dream Select
    Type-0: Machina BSB (bleh)
    Tactics: Agrias OSB (dupe)
    15: Gladio USB
    14: Papa AOSB (dupe) +Fire rod.

My heart was dashed seeing those discos turn to dupes. There's stuff I could super use from those realms. Oh well.

13 in the morning, then daily draw and finally USB select. Still unsure.

• Options
    That’s when I’ll decide my pull also.

At this point, I’m still down to Orlandeau or Elarra. Orlandeau would very nicely round out my Holy team with a nuclear option to hopefully challenge Deathgaze. He can also do Dark, but I feel like my Riku and Sephiroth outclass even him.

Elarra, meanwhile, would fit into many teams super well, and could be another option for getting the speed I need for Deathgaze. However, that 3-for-2 Core banner is coming up in the middle of April. Nothing is guaranteed, but it would be a big annoyance to grab her USB here only to dupe it there. That, and Relm has done well for me this far.

Magic Holy is my other worry spot, but I don’t think the USBs on offer would bring it up as far as Orlandeau for physical Holy, seeing as I have Raines BSB and Minwu USB to go with a chain. Also, that same Core banner has Dr Mog Ultra, which is perfectly workable for Holy damage.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

I’m actually not sure what on the XIII LOTROP could change my plans. There aren’t currently any Holy knights in the realm. The best I could hope for from that realm WRT Dark/Holy Magicite is an upgrade to Raines, or Hope’s USB, I think.

All of that is moot, because of course I’m going to get an LMR for Noel or something.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yeah, I still haven't picked my USB and can't decide what to grab.

I've been meaning to sit down and finish the outstanding Magicites to see if I needed a particular relic, but I think I burned out on Magicite farming last month. I think my ice situation is about as good as it can be USB wise, could use something like Barbie's wind USB for Adamantoise I suppose. Or start figuring out if I need a dark mage relic maybe?

• Options
    @Enlong not sure how much this factors in but Orlandu AASB obsoletes his USB but Elarra USB stays relevant.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    @Enlong not sure how much this factors in but Orlandu AASB obsoletes his USB but Elarra USB stays relevant.

A fair point.

I suppose it boils down to how lucky I feel towards getting one of the prizes via mythril, or in killing Deathgaze with what I have now. From a purely numerical standpoint, I have a better chance of getting Elarra’s USB with a lucky pull, just because of the free third draw. On the other hand, I could totally strike out, third pull or no. And I have more time to save for Orlandeau ASB, so I might have better odds there.

Damnation, but I kinda wish that the Dark Magicites where here already, so that I could just test my current team to find out the answer.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Don't forget that we are also getting Rosa and Vanille's new Regenga USBs this fest; while Elarra is a solid choice, there will be other options (depending on your luck/where you plan to spend mythril).

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Enlong not sure how much this factors in but Orlandu AASB obsoletes his USB but Elarra USB stays relevant.
    Also Orlandu USB is eventually available via Anima Lens but Elarra USB isn't. If you're willing to wait 3+ months.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Okay, stepped up my healing for Tortuga (it's still not enough), but another question came up: How best to sequence Zack maintaining his BSB and CSB?

Running:
    OK Tornado x2 (mUSB) DMT (LMR, LM2m)
    Alphi Dark Valefor/Dispel (BSB) +DMG
    Zack Lifesiphon/Flash Disaster (CSB, BSB) +SB (LM1, 2)
    Fujin Meltdown/Raging Winds (USB, AOSB) +DMG (LM1, 2)
    Larsa Curada/Protectga (USB) Gathering Storm

Planning for a long fight with Larsa just healing everything and blinking Confuse/Interrupt. Probably will have to Legend Dive him to get enough healing, but that's besides the point.

Wondering for Zack:
    Mako Might vs Ace Striker? I imagine the fight will go almost a minute, except I keep dying around 20s.
    After LS times 2, do I LS a third time? Instant Chain? Instant BSB?
    If I LS 3 times, do I BSB then Chain? Or vice versa? The Chain always falls off at important times and I fall behind. I guess the quickcast from his USB matters more than I thought vs his BSB.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Don't forget that we are also getting Rosa and Vanille's new Regenga USBs this fest; while Elarra is a solid choice, there will be other options (depending on your luck/where you plan to spend mythril).

The XIII RoP also has a chance for Vanille USB2, which could be useful for Madeen and Lakshmi.

• Options
    Can Raphael doublecast voltron hitting as water or not yet?

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.