As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i was wondering like

damn i don’t know who this is at all!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, I got a couple packages in the mail!
    dinsurtmq0pn.jpeg

As far as I can tell, one is an anime disk set I wasn’t expecting until at least next week, but the other is a pair of Pretty Awesome Socks!
    b6hin73mp6sd.jpeg

So, thank you Satan, who I’m relatively certain is @Tofystedeth (if my Facebook detective work is anything to go by)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Okay sorry! I've been trying and failing to organize all of the things I said I'd get done before I left town, and my mom is here, and etc etc etc

Anyway yesterday I got back from doing some last-minute emergency "I live in a goddamn tropical island nation but don't own ANY resort wear" shopping to find A PACKAGE UPON MY DOORSTEP
    Pxj7ZPYl.jpg

I didn't really think I was expecting anything from Amazon (although I've had some things in my cart and it's always possible that I pulled the trigger on a purchase while at work and forgot), and also this package had some next-level cosmetic reconstruction, even given that Singapore customs often checks contents... poorly.

As soon as I opened the box it was clear that this was not from Amazon at all!

A BOOK I HAVE NOT HEARD OF!

2g2SADFl.jpg

Ages ago Nic actually recommended that I buy Every Day is for the Thief, which I still have not done, but it has been on my book-buying wishlist since then. This is another book by the same author, and it seems very interesting. I am extremely excited. I. Love. Books.

3uHSCuBl.jpg

Spicy basil caramels. Holy fuck these are so good. I shoved one in my mouth immediately because if adulthood is 90% getting excited about investing in new bathmats or smart lightbulbs, it's 10% indulging in instant gratification because no one can tell you not to anymore. WTF how can I get more of these.

This tag on the last thing also said "I warned you" on the reverse:

MOi08A9l.jpg

K7xCXQBl.jpg

An actually shockingly cute and stylish beret!? I genuinely would have called BS on that being a thing that existed, but BEHOLD!

Thank you, Nic! These presents are all wonderful! I am hiding the caramels because I told the housesitters who are coming today that they could help themselves to whatever they wanted but I LIED.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh! Also shout-out @cello for the assist with the gift specific type stuff.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh dang now I regret leaving so soon because I want those caramels

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    They are surprisingly hard to track down even in Cambridge, which is their home

also when SS names went out I'd already announced I was going to knit something, and then I got the person who is probably the least in need of knitted goods in the whole forum

and then I said "fuck it" and knit you something anyway JUST DEAL WITH IT

also so glad it got there before christmas, I was not sure if that would be the case!
    now for round 2

tynic on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So, I got a couple packages in the mail!
    dinsurtmq0pn.jpeg

As far as I can tell, one is an anime disk set I wasn’t expecting until at least next week, but the other is a pair of Pretty Awesome Socks!
    b6hin73mp6sd.jpeg

So, thank you Satan, who I’m relatively certain is @Tofystedeth (if my Facebook detective work is anything to go by)

<.<

>.>

Yes it's me.
    Those socks were also scheduled to arrive on the 3rd so the final piece may very well show up in the next couple days.

steam_sig.png
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    A package arrived. Address obscured by Satan's offering from about 8 years ago.
    mo7tyz75mgm3.jpg
    a sinister note:
    934gv0s4yvlm.jpg
    This year I have a true Satan, as I am diabetic:
    o6kofgq17bca.jpg
    I'll just see if I can keep myself to one serving a day for the next 75.5 days...
    gr2n8cmndfx9.jpg

Thank you mystery Satan!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    so many rad gifts arriving just before christmas!

its a satan's miracle!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oho no... this is a problem. I’ve been gifted and it’s going to be my doom. Truly Satan’s work here.

I have received no less than two Tupperware full of homemade cookies and a large chunk of homemade Cherry Chocolate Fudge... The comforting thought in this all is I know how I will meet my end and it will be death by fudge... and I’m ok with this.
    xhubydlzjqw6.jpeg
    yq3k8vfbypwn.jpeg

Seriously though this is awesome and I’m super psyched to dig in, I only have to delay gratification a few days until I’m down with @Ladybug2332 for Christmas because she would end me if I didn’t bring it with me. Thank you so much @Goatmon this is the best!

Merry Christmas, @Blackhawk1313 ! :D

Madican wrote: »
    I'm gonna need details on that fudge

The recipe I use for fudge is extremely versatile. It's mostly morsels. For a plain batch I'd use 3 cups of milk chocolate morsels, and if I wanna give it a different flavor I'll just swap 1 cup (or less) for some other morsels (or something similar). Peanut butter morsels are one of the best alternatives; besides being tasty, it gives the chocolate an extremely smooth texture.

In this case, I swapped out 1 cup of milk chocolate for 1 cup worth of cherry andes candies. Pretty basic. I've done the same thing with the regular kind to make mint fudge a bunch of times. Always comes out real good.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ooo, that's a bit different from the fudge recipe I usually use with chocolate chips, condensed milk, margarine, etc. I'm gonna have to give that a try next year when it's Fudge Making Day. Thank you.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    To be more specific, the standard recipe is 3 cups of milk chocolate morsels, 1 can of condensed milk, and a touch of pure vanilla extract. Or a couple teaspoons, if you're using imitation.

It takes barely 15 minutes to make, and it's pretty much foolproof. Just be sure to keep it wrapped up, so it doesn't get dry. And in the fridge, because ants.

And like I said before, you can alternate the main ingredient in all kinds of ways. A few times, I've done a 2-layer peppermint bark fudge, with one layer standard milk chocolate and the other layer white chocolate with peppermint (either with storebought crushed peppermint, or with peppermint extract).

I've even made Undertale fudge (butterscotch morsels, with a lot of cinnamon thrown in). Although I found out that butterscotch morsels are softer than chocolate, and I had to add an extra cup of them to get it to firm up. I gotta remember to not use the full can of milk for that one. lol

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Hey Satan, just fyi I won't be for another week and bit so don't be put out if I don't post anything!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    A box! How marvelous!
    20181222-164448.jpg
    Fuzzy seems unimpressed with a taped up box.

What mysteries does this rectangle of corrugated cardboard hold?
    20181222-164056.jpg
    A new cookbook! Of Viennese Cuisine! Most excellent!

20181222-164130.jpg
    A spaetzle making thing! And a skimmer to retrieve the spaetzle from the boiling water! How convenient! Also, a new wooden spoon. Love a good wooden spoon.

20181222-164242.jpg
    Foodstuffs! I think? The tube-y thing is all in German, and I have no idea what it might be. But I think it might be food of some variety. Possibly.
    (Not pictured are three chocolates that were consumed before they could pose for the group photo. They were delicious.)

20181222-164206.jpg
    SOCKS!!! <3<3<3 Socks! And they have penguins on them!

20181222-164023.jpg
    Music!

20181222-163943.jpg
    And some questionable reading materials. Probably just box filler, but receiving Jesus pamphlets in a Satans! box is highly amusing. Makes me giggle.

All together, a lovely surprise.
    20181222-161408.jpg
    Fuzzy is wondering why there is no catnip. She will quickly forget there was nothing for her, and find the box to be the height of entertainment this evening. Silly cat.

Unfortunately, there was no note! So I don't know whom to thank!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

How did those books get in there

Where is the other stuff

I think what happened is that the box got damaged and was replaced

And somehow the contents of a different package got in there

edited December 2018
    Things I definitely put into the box:

The kitchen utensils which unfortunately don't make a whole lot of immediate sense without the spaetzle book (but the other cookbook also contains spaetzle recipes I'm sure)

Things which someone else must've put into the box:

Bootleg music
    Strange books, I'm sorry one of them reads Why Blood?

What seems to be missing:

My note!
    The aforementioned spaetzle book
    Possibly some more foodstuffs but I can't remember! The mustard looks like it's been through a lot

Platy on
    edited December 2018
    @Platy That would explain some of the things.

Is that what the tube is? I'm sure whoever got the spaetzle book is just as confused as I am about Why Blood and the kiddie language workbook.

Thank you for the box, I will enjoy the new cookbook and kitchen toys.

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    Yup, it's from me! Happy Satanmas

Sorry for the weirdness, I'd really like to know what happened, it can't be that someone snuck the pamphlets in there in an effort to "save" you

Weirdness makes life better. I'm just glad this weirdness didn't include a live bobcat.

PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    The tube is a local variety of mustard, I hope it's still sealed

The white stuff is horseradish, the kind you'd eat with a nice Tafelspitz

And I'm glad you like it!

The mustard is still sealed. No worries there. I had guessed it was horseradish, but I wasn't sure.

PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Those CDs are definitely cursed.

Do NOT listen to them.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    And those books will almost CERTAINLY unleash The Babadook.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    I hope the CDs don't contain the NOC list from Mission Impossible

They are instrumental, old-timey, ragtime music.

PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Yup, it's from me! Happy Satanmas

Sorry for the weirdness, I'd really like to know what happened, it can't be that someone snuck the pamphlets in there in an effort to "save" you

If the box went across a border, I think it’d be safe to lay the blame on Customs officials.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    To be more specific, the standard recipe is 3 cups of milk chocolate morsels, 1 can of condensed milk, and a touch of pure vanilla extract. Or a couple teaspoons, if you're using imitation.

It takes barely 15 minutes to make, and it's pretty much foolproof. Just be sure to keep it wrapped up, so it doesn't get dry. And in the fridge, because ants.

And like I said before, you can alternate the main ingredient in all kinds of ways. A few times, I've done a 2-layer peppermint bark fudge, with one layer standard milk chocolate and the other layer white chocolate with peppermint (either with storebought crushed peppermint, or with peppermint extract).

I've even made Undertale fudge (butterscotch morsels, with a lot of cinnamon thrown in). Although I found out that butterscotch morsels are softer than chocolate, and I had to add an extra cup of them to get it to firm up. I gotta remember to not use the full can of milk for that one. lol

Reports on the fudge will be forthcoming over the next few days. It has successfully made the trip with me down to see my wife so we will he enjoying it for certain here.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    DashD wrote: »
    They are instrumental, old-timey, ragtime music.

Definitely cursed

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Sorry, bit late with the photos, but yet another box of stuff came for me.

Sadly, my Satan decided to remain anonymous, but because of the gift labels, I know his True Name! And with that power....
    When I said I was a cat person...wasn't expecting people to take it so literally.
    fqr44afcbnp7.jpg

Also, I received a pair of snugly warm socks! Pip is very impressed with them.

2f5fstrg66di.jpg

I also received a wonderful set of foldable organization boxes, so I can finally try to organize my house.... eventually.

More socks for the sock gods!

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I kinda feel bad for not getting my Satanee socks... Didn't think it was going to be a thing.

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    To my Satan, don't feel bad if you didn't get me socks! Really!

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    edited December 2018
    I have not purchased stuff yet but trust me... There will be socks.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have not purchased stuff yet but trust me... There will be socks.

Small adjustment to my Satan then. To my Satan, if you absolutely MUST buy socks, perhaps consider donating some to a shelter in my name so they get some much needed use. We all win! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain if I got socks. In fact, I think all the gifted socks are awesome. They just wouldn't get much use and I'd feel bad.
    Side note: Hope my family goes back to the traditional white cotton socks this year. The fluffy socks from last year are still in tags.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tis the season for socks. My mother has also requested fuzzy socks and my father, who is an engineer by trade and very smart in most respects, is showcasing how thick he can be in certain regards by buying socks that do not fit this criteria then not understanding why my brother and I are harrying him via text about it.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I did not give socks. I decided that I would not cave to peer pressure. I don't know if there would have been socks, but by the time all the sock stuff started happening I knew there couldn't be socks.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Sorry, bit late with the photos, but yet another box of stuff came for me.

Sadly, my Satan decided to remain anonymous, but because of the gift labels, I know his True Name! And with that power....
    When I said I was a cat person...wasn't expecting people to take it so literally.
    fqr44afcbnp7.jpg

Also, I received a pair of snugly warm socks! Pip is very impressed with them.

2f5fstrg66di.jpg

I also received a wonderful set of foldable organization boxes, so I can finally try to organize my house.... eventually.

This is what I get for drunk amazon-ing after working a 16 hour day. Miss the little details.

Cheers darlin!

6rceun58332p.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I can confirm I have received something tonight that is not socks but almost weighs the same. Pictures will have to wait until I get back from running errands.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I got home today to find a small box propped against my door. Something I knew I hadn't ordered. Something Sinister.
    C4UIkUI.jpg
    Inside I found a strawberry!

oXFG2wc.jpg
    Or at least something trying hard to be. The note reads
    "Hi, I saw this was on your list and it's one of my favorite movies so I had to jump on sending it to you.
    Hopefully it arrives in time for Christmas. More to come!
    From Satan
    I open it up to reveal..
    02JmW0U.jpg
    Clue on Blu-Ray! A Clu-Ray!...

I'll see myself out for that one.
    Anyways this movie is great. I actually got Matev this for Satans in 2016 but had never got around to getting a copy for myself. Thanks Satan!