As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Downwell, Dragon Marked for Death, and Wargroove out now.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My number one bummer about Switch Ports is that they appear to have zero interest in doing Tokyo Mirage Sessions which sounds like it is rad as hell and doesn't have any Wii U exclusive features that would make a Switch port unfeasible

They're putting every other game ever made on Switch put one of the great Wii U exclusives on there!

no one buys atlus games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    People are buying literally everything on the Switch

A dang Pac-Man game sold like a million units on Switch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    says a lot about the reputation of atlus games don't it!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i still have my controller and adapter from smash 4

but honestly i'm probably just gonna use a pro pad

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I bought a new Gamecube controller but I might go between that and a new Pro Controller

I'll have at least 4 controllers easy with Gamecube stuff but I'll also have two Pros and two full Joycon sets for anyone else

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    First impressions: screen quality is amazing

The right joycon felt absolutely terrible for Splatoon in handheld mode, then I tried it docked with the joycons in the grip and it felt way better.

Splatoon 2 is more Splatoon, which is a good thing. Just hearing the new music got me hype, then I played Salmon run for like an hour and had a blast. Honestly really looking forward to doing the story mode at some point, I liked it a lot in the first game

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    My current fear with my new Switch is that I’m going to snap the right joycon thanks to MK8, because I can’t stop myself from holding down the A button extremely hard.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    My current fear with my new Switch is that I’m going to snap the right joycon thanks to MK8, because I can’t stop myself from holding down the A button extremely hard.

This is why I know I will eventually need a gamepad pro or a third party controller for, at the least, Bayonetta 3.

I played some 2 on Wii U recently, and a ton of the weapons are just plain better better if you use their moves where you hold down the button, especially her default guns, and holy shit I never realized how much of a death clutch I would get while playing that game. My fingers were tired afterwards.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fun fact: Splatoon 2 controls sort of amazingly with detached joycons. In some ways it might be the best, most accuracy-friendly way to play the game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    wii + nunchuck / move + navigator / joycons is the best control scheme for shooters.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i still have my controller and adapter from smash 4

but honestly i'm probably just gonna use a pro pad

I wanna try the pro controller but it's probably gonna be less worry about synced controllers at events to just bring a GC pad so I probably shouldn't get used to using it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    wii + nunchuck / move + navigator / joycons is the best control scheme for shooters.

As long as they're built for it yeah.

Wouldn't want to try and play Quake or something like that.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »

As long as they're built for it yeah.

Wouldn't want to try and play Quake or something like that.

Quake on Wii feels great too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyZBWXJrEI

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Question: do joy-cons come with the grip attachment? Or do I need to buy that separately? I want to buy a new controller and figure buying a set of cons first will at least allow for 4-player. I can get a pro controller for myself some time later. (They’re so expensive...)

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Question: do joy-cons come with the grip attachment? Or do I need to buy that separately? I want to buy a new controller and figure buying a set of cons first will at least allow for 4-player. I can get a pro controller for myself some time later. (They’re so expensive...)

boy it would make sense if they did, right?

so they don't

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    What the fuck

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    if it came with a grip they couldnt charge you for the grip

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Crossposting from the smash thread since more people might know here:
    Anyone know if the PowerA wireless controllers for switch are rubbish? Looking at the gamecube style ones. (I'm very intent on wireless)

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My number one bummer about Switch Ports is that they appear to have zero interest in doing Tokyo Mirage Sessions which sounds like it is rad as hell and doesn't have any Wii U exclusive features that would make a Switch port unfeasible

They're putting every other game ever made on Switch put one of the great Wii U exclusives on there!

It also didn't have a single screen mode which might make porting it require just enough UI work that they don't want to bother?

Basically the Switch should have been two screens

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    If I'm gonna buy a set of joy-cons I should just get the Mario Party bundle if it's available...

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Asking Atlus to do real work on a port is asking a lot

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    All they have to do is add the cell phone interface to the existing on-screen UI!

It would actually be a preferable experience that way IMO, that game had nothing added by its second screen functionality

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    All they have to do is add the cell phone interface to the existing on-screen UI!

It would actually be a preferable experience that way IMO, that game had nothing added by its second screen functionality

in relative terms that's pretty easy, but nothing is ever THAT easy in software development, and who knows whether the man hours required to do that would make the pretty modest profits they stand to get from it worth it

• Options
    i love TMS and would hate for it to be trapped on the Wii U forever but i could easily see that happening

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Daisy: just one of the lads

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Also UI for maps and enemy/party analysis: on screen prompts, screen transitions between things, converting touch controls for those functions to button/stick controls, and making all of that feel good and fit in with the rest of the game are all non-trivial

Also I will fight anyone who says second screen maps add nothing because I am a compulsive map checker and that honestly saves me so much time

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The only games with useless second screens were the ones that straight up didn't use them and just stuck a graphic there or whatever.

Otherwise having additional information you don't need to visit a menu to get to in view is always a net positive.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    whoever the folks are who have always done the smash screenshots or short clips they put in the games or use in promotional material... they're geniuses.

they've always been great

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    whoever the folks are who have always done the smash screenshots or short clips they put in the games or use in promotional material... they're geniuses.

Oh yeah those things have been gold since Brawl at a minimum (I never owned Melee so I'm unfamiliar with the intricacies of it)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    If they do Let's Go Marill they should straight up call it Pikablu

They're leaning hard into nostalgia already

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Introduce a brand-new Pokemon, Meltan-style, called Pikablu

Edit
    wbz7e8xswmsx.png

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Oh yeah those things have been gold since Brawl at a minimum (I never owned Melee so I'm unfamiliar with the intricacies of it)

melee had fewer but still had great ones at the end of classic, adventure, and all star modes that were different for every single character.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

GameFreak are only interested in courting nostalgia for the way the games were meant to be. They're never going to reference deviant stuff like Pikablu or Missingno.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »

GameFreak are only interested in courting nostalgia for the way the games were meant to be. They're never going to reference deviant stuff like Pikablu or Missingno.

You'll note I said they "should" do that thing, because I would like it

I did not say they will

• Options
    The people working at GameFreak grew up with Pokemon and I am fully expecting some sort of reference to Missingno. one day soon

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I want to see someone try to render missingno in 3d real bad

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The only games with useless second screens were the ones that straight up didn't use them and just stuck a graphic there or whatever.

Otherwise having additional information you don't need to visit a menu to get to in view is always a net positive.

I am also a compulsive map checker

Having to look down at the screen on my lap is way worse!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I am also a compulsive map checker

Having to look down at the screen on my lap is way worse!

They're trying to position the Switch as a 3DS successor, where the second screen was at most half an inch away from the first one. Also good news, you can still just open a menu and get it that way if you want to.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The WiiU version of Deus Ex is very bad because they decided to make it so any time you look through a scope it switches to the gamepad screen.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.