Options

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Wait a minute

I thought Man In the High Castle was about a depressing alternate universe ruled by Nazis

The commercial I just saw during Maisel revealed that it’s about a resistance using fantasy tech to travel to another universe (presumably ours) where the Nazis didn’t win?

I had no idea there was a sci-fi angle and that’s way more interesting

That can only lead to Nazis invading other universes.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Wait a minute

I thought Man In the High Castle was about a depressing alternate universe ruled by Nazis

The commercial I just saw during Maisel revealed that it’s about a resistance using fantasy tech to travel to another universe (presumably ours) where the Nazis didn’t win?

Well I got some bad news on that front

it did

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Interdimensional Nazis with fantasy tech are basically Daleks by that point, right?

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I have been summoned

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Quickly now! Someone get the net!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    You can stop all of us! We’ll just regenerate!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Wait a minute

....maybe they should keep looking for a third universe.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Maybe they could find a universe where there were never any Nazis?

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Though it does lead to one of my favorite moments of Man in the High Castle season three:
    Nazi to Inter-dimensional Traveler as they wake up a prisoner: "Do you know where you are?"
    Traveler, voice dripping with the maximum amount of pure contempt: "Nazis."
    Nazi: "Um, yes we are Na..."
    Traveler: *Pops out of dimension*

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Wait a minute

512cQAq0X1L.jpg

?

Pulpy as hell, but I had fun reading them when I was younger.
    Okay, okay, bad guys are technically not the nazis themselves, but rather a Carthaginian-descended authoritarian state who like to help give other authoritarian/fascist states in various world-lines (LIKE NAZIS) a leg up, then take over the power structure.

Close enough

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    So, uhhhhhhh, does Wynonna Earp get any better because that pilot is DIRE but I've heard people quite like the show.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I only watched the first two episodes, but the second was drastically different. So might be worth giving it a few more episodes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    There's a looooooot of shows with trashy pilots that I would have never wound up loving if I stopped watching at that point

I like Van Helsing more tbh, but Wynonna Earp's still pretty good and I've quite enjoyed the last two seasons in particular

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    A lot of times I don’t understand how a pilot earned a series because the quality of the pilot is so much worse than the subsequent episodes.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Yeah, we were gonna tee up the next one eventually but it was bad enough to scare us into finishing Into the Badlands instead.

There's bad pilots and then there's this which looks like it was made for 3 bucks and the first actors who showed up.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm about 4 episodes into season 3 of The Americans and I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like they're doing something kinda different with the camerawork in this season.

So far there have been a bunch of very pointed lingering long shots of characters, particularly Phillip.

And then there's the
    extremely uncomfortable tooth pulling scene that was shot almost like some kind of emotional sex scene.

I'm not sure if any of this is intentional, but I'm really digging it.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I started watching season 7 of parks and rec.
    And hm.
    That sure was a change.

• Options
    So uh. Netflix.
    This backstreet girls show.

Maybe you should have picked up on why nobody wanted the license.

Like on top of being a transphobic mess it's hideous.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    And hm.
    That sure was a change.

Hey @Psykoma, here is my challenge to you: Identify the scene in the final season of Parks & Rec that almost made me break down crying.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    The trailer for Backstreet Girls made it look like it was going after some very low hanging fruit that nearly every person who has ever made a joke about idols has probably done even ignoring the transphobia.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    And hm.
    That sure was a change.

Hey @Psykoma, here is my challenge to you: Identify the scene in the final season of Parks & Rec that almost made me break down crying.

For me that is a trick question because the answer is the entire episode made me cry.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The trailer for Backstreet Girls made it look like it was going after some very low hanging fruit that nearly every person who has ever made a joke about idols has probably done even ignoring the transphobia.

Yeah I didnt even make it through the trailer. The sticky hand joke popped up I thumbs downed and watched a food show where one of the losers had a clod sore instead

• Options
    Jokes about fans jerking off to idols were probably old in 1980's Japan.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    And hm.
    That sure was a change.

Hey Psykoma, here is my challenge to you: Identify the scene in the final season of Parks & Rec that almost made me break down crying.

For me that is a trick question because the answer is the entire episode made me cry.

It isn't the series finale.

• Options
    And hm.
    That sure was a change.

Hey Psykoma, here is my challenge to you: Identify the scene in the final season of Parks & Rec that almost made me break down crying.

It isn't the series finale.

I am sick right now. My reading comprehension isn't good.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    And hm.
    That sure was a change.

I was genuinely upset when Ron and Leslie first interacted.
    Don't think I've come across a break down crying scene yet though

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Welp I'm tearing up at Ann's goddamn door.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Jesus Nightmarefueled Christ

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Those look accurate to the original Dark Crystal.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Peoples' memories have abraded away how horrifying the puppets in The Dark Crystal really are, I think.

• Options
    The original Dark Crystal features a scene where a muppet stabs another muppet to death with a knife.

Dark Crystal was always terrifying.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Anyway that is a stacked-ass vocal cast so I have some excitement for this now.

• Options
    The best thing about Dark Crystal was that Farscape just straight up used Skeksis again.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yeah the Gelflings were always the creepiest fucking spider children you could imagine

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Those Gelflings look great, that cast looks great.

I am very excited.

• Options
    The best thing about Dark Crystal was that Farscape just straight up used Skeksis again.

WAIT, WHAT!?!?!

• Options

WAIT, WHAT!?!?!

Well I mean they were probably not called Skeksis but they were for sure the same mechanical puppet skeleton and armature.

skeksis4.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Coinage on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Luckily his cousin les moonvest is there to take over
    30-rock-moonvest.png?w=646&h=431&crop=1

This discussion has been closed.