As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NCAA] Basketball: Heavy is the Head that Wears the Crown

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Uconn at Wichita state was fun with a great ending

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

We have emerged from the long dark into the bright light of March.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well... Since it's March...

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Invite friends and family to join your group, fill out up to 25 brackets, and earn bragging rights by winning it all! Compete for a chance to win $22,950 in prizes!

Get in the action now:
    http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/group?redirect=tcmen://x-callback-url/showGroup?groupID=2821459&ex_cid=tcmen2019_email&groupID=2821459&groupp=ZHVrZXN1Y2tz&inviteuser=ezlDNTA0MEI4LUE3OTUtNDY3NS05MEY4LUM0QTAwMzE3MDBFQ30=&invitesource=email

Group: PA KNOWS DUKE SUCKS
    Password: dukesucks

• Options
    Washington, the Pac12 regular season champs lost at winless-in-conference Cal last night

The Pac12 is just awful. I'd rather see the SoCon get multiple bids this year

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Washington, the Pac12 regular season champs lost at winless-in-conference Cal last night

The Pac-12 is real bad, but I think it’s only going to be a one-bid league.

*looks at how UCLA and Stanford are playing down the stretch*

Oh god they’re going to steal a second bid.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Welp, more bids for always entertaining mediocre B10 teams!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    How far am I going to have Kentucky going?

This is going to be tough.

• Options
    Assuming Kentucky sweeps Tennessee and does well in the SEC tournament, they'll have a 1 seed with either Duke or UNC as their 2 seed (I could also see an unlikely scenario where UVA is the ACC's 2 seed in that bracket)

Basically, if the ACC keeps its two projected 1 seed bids, then Kentucky will have the third best ACC team potentially waiting for them in the Elite Eight - a game I wouldn't be confident about on either side unless it was Zion-less Duke (but that doesn't seem like a Sweet Sixteen team anyway so...)

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Assuming Kentucky sweeps Tennessee and does well in the SEC tournament, they'll have a 1 seed with either Duke or UNC as their 2 seed (I could also see an unlikely scenario where UVA is the ACC's 2 seed in that bracket)

Basically, if the ACC keeps its two projected 1 seed bids, then Kentucky will have the third best ACC team potentially waiting for them in the Elite Eight - a game I wouldn't be confident about on either side unless it was Zion-less Duke (but that doesn't seem like a Sweet Sixteen team anyway so...)

Yeah... About that first part...

• Options
    Tourney is creeping up on us. Make sure you sign up for the bracket challenge!

Winner gets to feel like a winner!

The best prize of all!

• Options
    Clemson blows a 16 point lead and most likely their tournament chances to lose to NC State on a phantom foul call

That's been Clemson's MO this year, but man that has to sting

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    *wait which thread is the active one?*
    I did not get to watch the clemson/nc state game, but Jesus I am in physical pain for the clemson fans. Up 42 to 26 at the half, then lose at the end 58 to 59. You score FORTY TWO in the first half and 16 in the other. Just wow. Good on state though! Either clemson started to play like they were drugged or state figured out a basketball game was happening.

• Options
    @Raijin Quickfoot needs to change the thread title

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    @Raijin Quickfoot needs to change the thread title

FINE!

• Options
    UNC vs Louisville part 3 tomorrow

Let's see what's what in the ACC

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Invite friends and family to join your group, fill out up to 25 brackets, and earn bragging rights by winning it all! Compete for a chance to win $22,950 in prizes!

Get in the action now:
    http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/group?redirect=tcmen://x-callback-url/showGroup?groupID=2821459&ex_cid=tcmen2019_email&groupID=2821459&groupp=ZHVrZXN1Y2tz&inviteuser=ezlDNTA0MEI4LUE3OTUtNDY3NS05MEY4LUM0QTAwMzE3MDBFQ30=&invitesource=email

ONLY 4 SIGN UPS!? DON'T BE LAZY! GET IN NOW

• Options
    I signed up.

Looking back at last year - did you guys know I picked Loyola-Chicago to get to the Final Four in the PA Bracket? And missed on every other F4 team? That's crazy

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Florida got hosed today.

Kentucky blew it.

Bleh.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Today is

SELECTION SUNDAY!!

East region

jopeust2q3md.jpg

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    On the one hand, I'm sad my Wolverines got swept by the Fightin Izzos

On the other hand, the committee gave MSU a nice mouthful of spit straight to the eye, so I can take pleasure in that

• Options
    Kentucky gets the 2 in the Midwest with UNC getting the 1.

• Options
    LMAO

Virginia should be banned from ever getting a 1 seed again.

• Options
    Va Tech can take Duke

No one else in that bracket will (sorry LSU)

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    I have filled out three brackets, each crazier than the last

ilu march madness :heartbeat:

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Va Tech can take Duke

Yeah I don't like that VTech draw but then again, we don't have to play in Blacksburg and we have Zion back

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Va Tech can take Duke

Yeah I don't like that VTech draw but then again, we don't have to play in Blacksburg and we have Zion back

Tech has 2 weeks and 2 games to reintegrate Justin Robinson, but I look at how Duke played without Zion, and how Tech played without Robinson, and I think Tech is a team that got much stronger without their star.

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

The Pac-12 is real bad, but I think it’s only going to be a one-bid league.

*looks at how UCLA and Stanford are playing down the stretch*

Oh god they’re going to steal a second bid.

THEY STOLE TWO

wtf

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    The whiplash of watching Sparty go 3-3, and finish off the Big-Ten regular season+conference tourney titles to the "Aw fuck we caught the Duke" was incredibly fast.

Time to maybe squeak into the elite 8 running on fumes and pray that Tech goes 15-20 from 3 or some shit. Better luck next year boys!

• Options

Get in the action now:

ONLY 4 SIGN UPS!? DON'T BE LAZY! GET IN NOW

Closing on Thursday! Get in while you can!

• Options
    I have made the traditional bracket of "Things I would like to see happen"

• Options
    My Final Four is

Kentucky
    Tennessee
    Michigan
    VA Tech

I hate it.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I've got my final four as

Michigan State
    Michigan
    Kansas State
    North Carolina

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I went with a very boring Duke/Zags/Virginia/Kentucky

• Options
    Predictions include wofford making a run so UNC can beat them for revenge. Also we beat villanova again. Georgia state is gonna do well because hell yeah atlanta. THE ohio state university does ok because I want their tuba player to be happy.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Duke/Michigan/Kentucky/Tennessee

Confidence is approximately zero.

Also I have Wofford losing to Seton Hall right away so suck it everyone!

SirToasty on
  • Options
    I have UNC over Duke in the NCG

That would be pretty special to me

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

Are you trying to kill me?

• Options

Since undergrad all brackets end at UNC v Duke if possible. No matter how unreasonable. Luckily it's generally pretty reasonable!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    SirToasty wrote: »

Are you trying to kill me?

Not you, ST!

Just like, half the posters at the DBR Forums :biggrin:

Since undergrad all brackets end at UNC v Duke if possible. No matter how unreasonable. Luckily it's generally pretty reasonable!

I generally root for Duke to get humiliated early (and it happens sometimes!), but this year with the Zion show, it would be an epic confrontation that I would generally really like to see happen

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I've got my final four as

Michigan State
    Michigan
    Kansas State
    North Carolina

Sorry bud, but UCI is bearing Kansas State in the first round.

But then again they’re making the Elite 8 easy so it’s not your fault.

t70pctuqq2uv.png