Options

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    That was a poor RAW, and giving Rollins a TLC match as the main event of the go home show just before arguably the best three females in the company get a turn was a dick move.

I don't really understand the second part of this post

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Asuka still rules

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    hxzdvusvvgox.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    That was a poor RAW, and giving Rollins a TLC match as the main event of the go home show just before arguably the best three females in the company get a turn was a dick move.

According to WWE this is the first women's TLC match (I don't know if that part is true but they are rarer) and it is featuring arguably the best three women in WWE. TLC matches are also rarer, so to do one with a lot of the typical TLC spots 6 days before the women get to do one seemed pointless and takes a little bit away from what the women are accomplishing. They'll tear it down anyway, it just wasn't necessary. They could have just done a ladders match or chairs match.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Watched Rollins' Raw rant from this week and boy, do I wish he found a better way to be an advocate for The Revival than throwing Lucha House Party under the bus.

205 is the best show you have, dog, and LHP is a big reason why.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

According to WWE this is the first women's TLC match (I don't know if that part is true but they are rarer) and it is featuring arguably the best three women in WWE. TLC matches are also rarer, so to do one with a lot of the typical TLC spots 6 days before the women get to do one seemed pointless and takes a little bit away from what the women are accomplishing. They'll tear it down anyway, it just wasn't necessary. They could have just done a ladders match or chairs match.

Ah alright. I don't see it as a big deal but it doesn't seem like you do either, but that doesn't mean it's not a deal and I do see your point. Thanks for clarifying.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Watched Rollins' Raw rant from this week and boy, do I wish he found a better way to be an advocate for The Revival than throwing Lucha House Party under the bus.

Conversely: Lucha House Party Rules suck.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

Yeah but the Lucha rules thing makes no sense.

Why is this babyface team okay with doing this to other wrestlers? Why do the face commentators act like it's good and that Corey is crazy for calling it out as unfair? Why is it suddenly unfair when AoP get an extra man then? Why does Corbin, the heel authority figure, allow the face team to get the upper hand on the heels to begin with?Why are we supposed to like it?

It's one of the weirdest, counter-productive things on the show right now.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The LHP/Revival feud has been doing no one any favors.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    It's ridiculous how much better Smackdown is at making me care about why matches are happening and why things are happening in the matches.

Ali vs Bryan and Charlotte vs Asuka were absolutely great.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    It's ridiculous how much better Smackdown is at making me care about why matches are happening and why things are happening in the matches.

Wait who won Charlotte vs Asuka 2?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

a kendo stick

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

a kendo stick

EXCELLENT(seriously no contest or Asuka winning was the only way it should have ended)

• Options
    So on 205, Lucha House Party rules just means tornado tag.

Were they doing it handicap on Raw then? If so, yeah, that's dumb, but still...call out the match being dumb and say how Revival AND LHP are better than that.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

a kendo stick

EXCELLENT(seriously no contest or Asuka winning was the only way it should have ended)

It was the same ending as the Ronda match: Charlotte gets frustrated, pulls a kendo stick out from under the ring and starts wailing on her opponent and gets DQ'ed. Becky eventually got involved and whacked Charlotte with the stick a bunch, and then Asuka rallied, hit them both with the stick many times, and stood tall at the end of the ep.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    The LHP/Revival feud has been doing no one any favors.

folks it’s been doing me the favor of giving me time to watch something else!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    That sucks. Stop using 205 people anywhere else. Let them exist in a world that doesn't fucking suck like the rest of WWE.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    That sucks. Stop using 205 people anywhere else. Let them exist in a world that doesn't fucking suck like the rest of WWE.

That Daniel Bryan/Mustafa Ali match was real good and did both of them all the favors it should.

...of course it makes absolutely no sense with the brand split but I guess in kayfabe you can chalk it up to another fuckup on behalf of Barron Corbin: Worst RAW GM of all time.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    can we get Vickie back

• Options
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Tuned into raw a few minutes late and Seth Rollins is just reading comments from r/Squaredcircle about how and why RAW sucks...

Not exclusive to saying it on TV

• Options
    if Raw went back to 2 hours that would be great

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I, for one, like that they're putting 205 Live guys in matches on RAW and Smackdown Live.

I want more Drew Gulak on my TV screen.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I'm watching New Japan on AXS right now, and... Well, I had heard how bad JR and Barnett were, but I didn't really believe it. I do now.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Tuned into raw a few minutes late and Seth Rollins is just reading comments from r/Squaredcircle about how and why RAW sucks...

This argument is fucking stupid. First of all there are different writing teams for Raw and Smackdown so they're not writing five hours of tv. Secondly they're not doing anywhere near the amount of writing that a normal scripted show is doing for those hours anyway. The amount of time they're writing isn't the problem it's Vince McMahon fucking with stuff to fit his stupid tastes.

Also, as somebody pointed out on twitter, they just got like a billion dollars for their tv rights. Hire some more fucking writers so people don't have to work as hard.

• Options
    I'm watching New Japan on AXS right now, and... Well, I had heard how bad JR and Barnett were, but I didn't really believe it. I do now.

Luckily it's the last month they're doing the commentary

• Options

Are they just replacing them with the live English commentary from Kevin Kelly and whomever is with him?

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

Are they just replacing them with the live English commentary from Kevin Kelly and whomever is with him?

Yeah, they'll be using the actual show commentary which is great because Kevin Kelly and his rotating cast of commentary partners have been improving leaps and bounds while JR has rested on his BBQ sauce stained laurels.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Kelly and Callis yep. Starts with same day coverage of WK Jan 4 at 8PM Eastern, then same-week coverage of events starting with New Beginning in Sapporo

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular

This argument is fucking stupid. First of all there are different writing teams for Raw and Smackdown so they're not writing five hours of tv. Secondly they're not doing anywhere near the amount of writing that a normal scripted show is doing for those hours anyway. The amount of time they're writing isn't the problem it's Vince McMahon fucking with stuff to fit his stupid tastes.

Also, as somebody pointed out on twitter, they just got like a billion dollars for their tv rights. Hire some more fucking writers so people don't have to work as hard.

Also “sure the show sucks, but there’s so MUCH of it” isn’t a great argument

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I don't even know why I care about what AXS does when I don't watch it there since I have NJPWworld, but I'm glad it's larger distribution isn't going to be hindered by commentary now.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I can't co-sign a Lego deathmatch. That's just cruel to the wrestlers.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I hope Addy Starr holds on to that title belt until Beef Wellington comes out of retirement to finally avenge that 0-7 streak he had against her at Slamtasia 3.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    A Lego deatchmatch isnt that bad because the more legos you throw in the less horrible stepping/landing on them is

It is specifically putting all your weight down on a single lego that especially hurts like a motherfucker

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    A Lego deatchmatch isnt that bad because the more legos you throw in the less horrible stepping/landing on them is

It is specifically putting all your weight down on a single lego that especially hurts like a motherfucker

Way to ruin the gimmick. This is like telling people the apron is the hardest part of the ring. Now they need to have spots set up where they clear the ring of all but one lego to get head dropped on in front of 75 people.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Geddoe wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Way to ruin the gimmick. This is like telling people the apron is the hardest part of the ring. Now they need to have spots set up where they clear the ring of all but one lego to get head dropped on in front of 75 people.

Nah, they are just gonna escalate to D4's.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.