Options

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

That is the definition of going hard in the paint.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It is a tragedy that WWE has to be such a trashy company right now cause everything Becky has been doing is amazing.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    The only thing I haven't given up is Smackdown, I have to watch Becky tv.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

It helps that Smackdown is just the better show in general. Raw had been built so much around constantly pushing the same two people that now Roman's out they've had to fall back on a bunch of underutilised guys to fill the space. Braun'll be back but I haven't found Rollins interesting since his Mania cash-in.

Smackdown has Bryan, AJ Styles, Becky, Charlotte, Asuka, New Day, Rusev, Nakamura, Joe, and even Rey Mysterio. All on the same show.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck Road to WK night 1 what a fucking show!

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    A Lego deatchmatch isnt that bad because the more legos you throw in the less horrible stepping/landing on them is

It is specifically putting all your weight down on a single lego that especially hurts like a motherfucker

Way to ruin the gimmick. This is like telling people the apron is the hardest part of the ring. Now they need to have spots set up where they clear the ring of all but one lego to get head dropped on in front of 75 people.

Nah, they are just gonna escalate to D4's.

Don't joke like that. These people have families(I assume).

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    how is it this hard to understand what Becky means by "the man"

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The SDNY is investigating the Trump Inauguration Fund, specifically Paul Manafort coordinating with SuperPACs to funnel illegal contributions from other nations into the fund which then basically absconded with them

The reason I bring it up here is Linda McMahon is named as being involved in said cooperation and activity

And one of the countries being suspected is Saudi Arabia

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I had no idea that the prize for winning the Mixed Tag Match tourney thing is being 30th in the Royal Rumble.

We're down to the finals, so that means the 30th entrant for 2019 RR will either be R-Truth or Jinder which is just...wow..

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I remember when there was actual build up to the Rumble, the wrestlers got their numbers earlier and the backstage segments revolved around wheeling and dealing and number swapping.

It feels like they lost their ability to plan further out than 2 weeks these days.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

tenor.gif

Looking forward to the Jericho version of this gif soon.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

can't wait for Sami to leave wrestling and become a world-famous activist and diplomat

• Options
    Cody and Brandis outfit game is too strong

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    In a just world Sami Zayn would run WWE.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »

can't wait for Sami to leave wrestling and become a world-famous activist and diplomat

Yes, but he continues wrestling.

While in the midst of diplomacy.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Cody and Brandis outfit game is too strong

It helps that they're a ridiculously attractive couple, of course.

• Options
    Sami runs for office.

El Generico reappears to wrestle in Japan.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »
    I remember when there was actual build up to the Rumble, the wrestlers got their numbers earlier and the backstage segments revolved around wheeling and dealing and number swapping.

It feels like they lost their ability to plan further out than 2 weeks these days.

That's because now it is obvious who is winning the Rumble in advance. Maybe it's because I was younger and more likely to just sit back and enjoy but I don't remember it ever being so obvious that Austin, the Rock or Vince would win, whereas it was preordained by everyone and anyone that Batista would win, Roman would win, the Rock would win in the modern era. It was a feeling of inevitability mixed with the fact that no other wrestler was given even a remote chance of realistically winning. They got their numbers, took them without question, and then the commentators would just blurt out "maybe they can win!". It felt like back then (and again I may be remembering it more fondly) that there were a LOT more people who could possibly win because lots of people could hover around titles or have factions to back them up.

Now there are only ever a handful of people who are realistically get that shot because you're gonna end up main eventing Mania (if you pick to face fucking Brock) or sub-main eventing if you pick the real title.

So at the minute you have say...Braun, Ambrose (though I don't think he's genuinely over enough for it), Rollins, McIntyre (not because he would be over but he's an office preference), Styles, Bryan (assuming he wasn't champion). That's it, anyone else isn't in a strong, storyline position to get the kind of finale fanfare they're after from a Rumble (whether they're right about the reaction they will get of course, because they're often not).

It's entirely WWE's fault that they haven't allowed enough stars to become big that we're left in this position. They're so weak that they take their numbers and accept it, rather than fighting and clawing for a better opportunity.

• Options
    So uhhh

NJPW just closed out the year with a moty cantidate.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Here are the Royal Rumble final four from 1998 to 2002, in the order they were eliminated (or, you know, won).

1998 (HBK the champion): Dude Love, Farooq, The Rock, Steve Austin.
    1999 (The Rock the champion): D'Lo Brown, Big Boss Man, Steve Austin, Vince McMahon.
    2000 (Triple H the champion): Kane, X-Pac, Big Show, The Rock.
    2001 (Kurt Angle the champion): Billy Gunn, The Rock, Kane, Steve Austin.
    2002 (Chris Jericho the champion): Steve Austin, Mr. Perfect, Kurt Angle, Triple H.

Only twice did the winner of the Royal Rumble face the champion at the time of the Royal Rumble. Austin v. HBK and Triple H v. Jericho.

For comparison:

2014 (Orton champ): CM Punk, Sheamus, Roman Reigns, Batista.
    2015 (Lesnar champ): Kane, Big Show, Rusev, Roman Reigns.
    2016 (no champ): Sheamus, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Triple H.
    2017 (Cena and Owens champs): Chris Jericho, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Randy Orton.
    2018 (Lesnar and Styles champs): Finn Balor, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Shinsuke Nakamura.

And again, only twice did the winner of the Royal Rumble face the/a champion at the time of the Royal Rumble. Reigns v. Lesnar and Nakamura v. Styles.

I think there is a fair degree of rose-tinted glasses about "back in the day". In 2001 you had Undertaker and Rikishi eliminated right before the final four, but otherwise, you had between one and three (in a good year) possible winners.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    067ynm5tvf6y.jpeg
    Natural reaction to seeing Jericho dressed like that

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    please make Woken Matt Hardy the next GM

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-M4qKQKZxPM

The Becky Lynch Chronicle is up.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

It helps that Smackdown is just the better show in general. Raw had been built so much around constantly pushing the same two people that now Roman's out they've had to fall back on a bunch of underutilised guys to fill the space. Braun'll be back but I haven't found Rollins interesting since his Mania cash-in.

Smackdown has Bryan, AJ Styles, Becky, Charlotte, Asuka, New Day, Rusev, Nakamura, Joe, and even Rey Mysterio. All on the same show.

For what it's worth, I often tend to look up from my phone for Rollins' matches.
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I had no idea that the prize for winning the Mixed Tag Match tourney thing is being 30th in the Royal Rumble.

We're down to the finals, so that means the 30th entrant for 2019 RR will either be R-Truth or Jinder which is just...wow..

Reinforcing the talk of how the Rumble used to be more interesting is how they just squirreled this away on Facebook where a lot of people can't even watch.
    Matev wrote: »

Haven't you heard? Writing for wrestling is hard.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

It's odd that this is the first time Eddie Kingston is getting near WWE.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-M4qKQKZxPM

The Becky Lynch Chronicle is up.

So, I've always liked Becky. I always thought she was fun, I enjoyed seeing her in matches, and I wanted her to succeed over people like Charlotte in Summerslam this year. But I never really was a huge fan of hers the way I am say, the New Day. At the same time, I got why people got behind her because she is good in the ring, and always seemed like a fun person. But I was surprised when she took off like she did, and started cutting the powerful promos, and the twitter game. It was like, where did this person come from?

Watching her in this video above, and listening to her talk, I feel like I get it, and also its one of those things of, in hindsight, how could she not take off? She has a very empathetic background, is definitely personable, and also has this drive and intensity that is just palpable.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ROH TV spoiler
    Elite is gone except for Marty who's still signed for a year, but he's not stuck alone, he found some more friends

DugG0D_WkAEknEK.jpg
    PCO and Brody King

• Options
    ROH TV spoiler
    Elite is gone except for Marty who's still signed for a year, but he's not stuck alone, he found some more friends

DugG0D_WkAEknEK.jpg
    PCO and Brody King
    I really liked Brody when I saw him live. Really nice dude too!

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Reinforcing the talk of how the Rumble used to be more interesting is how they just squirreled this away on Facebook where a lot of people can't even watch.

That's insane and continues the bad Rumble storytelling. The number 30 slot should generally be a surprise to round out the entrants, unless it is some kayfabe hand picked person being given special treatment. Jinder or R-Truth running out at number 30...Well it's gonna be R-Truth so he can do a rap and dance, but neither are gonna win or have a chance of winning.

For what it's worth, I often tend to look up from my phone for Rollins' matches.

I can definitely understand why people would find Rollins interesting, I just find him completely aimless and boring post his Mania cash-in. His fake heel laugh was really bad, and I don't think he works as a face all that well either.

• Options
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Please enjoy this Candle Nights present of me absolutely forgetting TLC was tonight. No pick 'em.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The wrestlesplania gals got Greg on the show

Stay tuned

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Please enjoy this Candle Nights present of me absolutely forgetting TLC was tonight. No pick 'em.

Ha, I was just checking in on that.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Then I declare myself pick'ems winner for the PPV.

fite me.

Invectivus on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If I pick Invectivus as well, do we tie for first?

euj90n71sojo.png
This discussion has been closed.