Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Been playing 76 for about a week now, just passed level 50 yesterday, having a good time with it.

I like the perk system a lot, and over time they've made it absolutely trivial to respec whenever. Last thing I did yesterday was collect a handful of mutations and then lock them in with Starched Genes. I don't think I can go back to normal movement speed or jump height.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    So Danse.

Are we just... not gonna talk about you surviving a multi-thousand degree engine test in a sealed room? I get it, you had power armor on. But not a fucking helmet. So you just tanked your way through that test in a leather skullcap and we're simply... not discussing it? Is that the plan? That seems like its the plan. Alright, but I'll always have questions.

Danse doesn't wear a helmet in your game? When I played it, right when we leave the police station he does a weird little animation where his helmet appears in his hands and he kind of pops it on like a baseball cap.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 18
    What's your preferred mod for the SPECIAL overhaul/restoration?

The one I grabbed is You Are Exceptional. Stats are the baseline, skills are where the actual leveling happens, you tag three Skills at the start, and perk availability is based on your skills. Works pretty well, no crap with having to pump character stats up to simply access basic functionality. Along with providing bonuses to thing, increasing skill level passively unlocks many things as well so you aren't having to double-dip for basic functionality.

For instance, Gunsmithing is a specific Skill. You have it no matter what, there are no stat minimums for it but your base stats choose your starting level with it. Boosting it to certain levels will automatically unlock levels of modding guns, but there are also Perks related to Gunsmithing which can be unlocked. Overall, there are way more skills and perks to unlock than you will reasonably use, it depends on how you build out the character. No gating basic game features (like big chunks of the Settlement system) behind the fucking awful vanilla SPECIAL system.

So far it feels quite balanced. I am also using Craft and Dismantle Weapons so a huuuuge amount of my annoyance with the vanilla mod system are gone. Have three different 10mm pistol with features you like? Strip out all the features, put them on one gun, scrap whatever is left. You have to be a little careful because the "parts" go into your inventory as half-pound "mods" so you want to dump those in your main Settlement inventory, but otherwise it's saved a ton of headache in not having to source a stupid amount of parts in order to cobble together one good gun from multiple variants.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Flamethrower, shotgun , fire axe and flare gun. This character somehow ended up as the tf2 pyro…

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Really don’t like how lonesome road deathclaws one shot you no matter what . I get that they needed to be a threat but them ignoring all DT and doing enough to kill max level couriers feels cheap . And yes you can cripple a leg and remove 90% of the threat but it still results in nonsense death from time to time . Since this character has no explosive perks I’ve started unloading into their legs with a shotgun ( which does almost no damage but usually cripples them and trips them ) and while they are on the floor I cook them with the flamer . Flare gun also helps when there is more then one.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I spent a little while this morning speaking with my boss about Fallout 4 mods, which was unexpected.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'm well into FO4 at this point and bumping up against the chief sin of the first-person franchise: bullet-sponge enemies with gameplay that is not up to the challenge of making the fight at all interesting or fun.

The upside is that the mods I have are mitigating this. Enemies in power armor are very tough, but they aren't just a pile of damage-resistant HP. Their armor is completely effective until it breaks (aside from weapons that deal piercing damage), at which point that body part is totally exposed. So if you focus a head, you break the helmet and can headshot the person. Which would be a pain under the old VATS system but I decided I was bored with that and replaced VATS with a bullet-time system. Because of that, now I don't have to worry about this crap with missing in VATS because I'm the one aiming the whole time, plus using it in combat is more than just slamming a bunch of drugs until you overwhelm tough enemies with VATS-driven damage. A tough enemy can still outlast the modified VATS duration but it's not the normal crappy FO4 game balance where you can hose an enemy down with twenty straight seconds of minigun fire and only deal half their health in damage.

My other complaint is nothing to do with FO4 itself and is instead about Sim Settlements 2. What the hell is up with mod-makers having all this time and organization to make something as in-depth and detailed as Sim Settlements 2, but also having basically zero awareness of balancing the mod use against player time? Chief example is that I just want to use the damned salvage beacon offered by Sim Settlements 2, which lets you drop a beacon in a cleared area and nearby settlers will come get the junk from a location. Except first you have to do this long, tedious sequence of like a dozen missions to unlock that capability if you don't know to just skip all that crap and have it unlock from the start. Then once you have the tech unlocked, you have to get a settlement up to such-and-such development level and you cannot control in manually, the AI has to do the upgrading. So once you wait for all that, then you still have to build more shit to make the beacon work and even then it only works within a certain range of a settlement.

So at this point I've spent probably ten hours on and off trying to make this stupid salvage beacon shit work and it's just a big pile of "why the fuck did they make this so obnoxious?" Why the fuck would I ever want to spend dozens of hours fighting with FO4s settlement system to build up the network to have decent reach to use beacons reliably? Because at this point I'm just going to scrap the whole effort and put in a mod that is simpler but just fucking works: put beacon in container, the nearest settlement retrieves whatever is in the container, the end. It's not a bad mod, it's just this persistent ridiculous perspective of mod makers that somehow tedium is fun and the longer it takes to get shit done, the more rewarding it is. Honestly, a feature like that should've been something right out of the package, no extra steps needed, build a building type and it works because having it will save shitloads of time running shit back and forth to settlements.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    There are options in the city manager holotape to unlock everything.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Syngyne wrote: »
    There are options in the city manager holotape to unlock everything.

Yeah, fortunately I found that out, but only after I wasted a few hours doing annoying time-eating quests. Their mod design execution was not at all bad, at least equal to most else in the game and even included good VA work, it's just that they were often far too drawn-out. It's simply way, way too much work to go through to get the SS2 features.

But even after unlocking everything, you still have to build the stuff, wait for more settlers to show up, wait for things to upgrade, etc. And then on top of all that, it's dependent on being in range of a settlement that has been boosted up a certain level and has the right stuff installed. It's just a lot of hoops to jump through for the one feature I actually want and all that intervening work just isn't necessary.

I've got another mod running now to explicitly do the salvaging feature; the SS2 version has more features to it like being able to just drop it in a cleared area and settlers will auto-loot the place, but this one will work in meantime. It's still range-dependent, but you just drop a beacon in a box with a bunch of crap and settlers will come from wherever is in range and take it where you want. And getting places in range isn't hard, it just takes one insta-build structure at a settlement to be manned.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNbG0dNo4D4

Apparently, Fallout London might actually be bigger than the base game so the Nexus won't be able to handle it. GOG is going to host it instead.

• Options
    I don't suppose anyone is around right now and willing to blow themselves up in shallow water for me in Fallout 76?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone is around right now and willing to blow themselves up in shallow water for me in Fallout 76?

What exactly do you need?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Trying to get my Tadpole badges, need to revive someone in water

• Options
    I'm on as syngyne, throw me a team invite

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    I was planning to blow myself up with an orbital strike beacon, but the last plasma grenade did more damage than I was expecting. :)

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »
    I'm on as syngyne, throw me a team invite

Thanks a bunch, I literally haven't ever tried setting up voice chat in FO76

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Ugh you guys are making me want to get into 76 again but I'm still going through 4.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So is 76 good now? And I hear it can kind of be played as a single-player game. Is that true?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    So is 76 good now? And I hear it can kind of be played as a single-player game. Is that true?

It will probably take not much, if any, effort on your part to avoid other people, until you're ready to engage with that part of the game. There's only up to 24 people on a server at a time, so long as you don't happen to wander out of the start at the same time as someone else, the odds of you overlapping in the same area as someone else for a long time are pretty low.

• Options
    I basically only ever see other people when I hop into a public event

• Options
    HyperSplattHyperSplatt Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    76 is absolutely playable/beatable playing solo. However, there are public "teams" of up to 4 players each that you should start/join, because you get passive stat bonuses for being in one (and some perks also only activate when you're in a team). The teams are designated for certain purposes, but it's common to see "casual" or "exploration" teams, and you can join those without any expectation from the other players that you travel together.

HyperSplatt on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I picked up 76 on one of the giveaways last year, and yeah it's a good time. Looks pretty, feels good, definitely playable solo. I think if you pay the sub you can host your own instance, apart from the public? The sub cost seemed reasonable for what it gave you, especially given that the base game was free through Prime at the time.

I only stopped to play "ridiculously modded wabbajack FO4", but it was nothing against 76.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Being able to spin up a private world is useful for grabbing certain world spawns like Chainsaws or something, but aside from that I wouldn't play on one really

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Being able to spin up a private world is useful for grabbing certain world spawns like Chainsaws or something, but aside from that I wouldn't play on one really

Yeah I paid for a month of 1st and basically haven't used the private server outside of the first few days. Joining public groups is a far superior experience overall.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Yeah spamming out public groups is worth other people existing

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Really don’t like how lonesome road deathclaws one shot you no matter what . I get that they needed to be a threat but them ignoring all DT and doing enough to kill max level couriers feels cheap . And yes you can cripple a leg and remove 90% of the threat but it still results in nonsense death from time to time . Since this character has no explosive perks I’ve started unloading into their legs with a shotgun ( which does almost no damage but usually cripples them and trips them ) and while they are on the floor I cook them with the flamer . Flare gun also helps when there is more then one.

Okay, that would explain why my power armour clad endgame courier was screaming in terror while burning through 100+ stimpaks running that dlc. I thought I was just bad at the game. I learned to never go into that bus.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i tried playing fallout 4 again after multiple stop and gos with fo76. it is wild how much better 4 feels. im not really sure how to describe it.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    Have finally replaced my Fallout 4 early game "careful and measured stealth sniper, backup shotgun for if anything gets too close/is too meaty, and bombs if I get an incredibly fortunate cluster of baddies" style (which has always been reliable in Bethesda games, but gets just so boring) for "Do drugs, then march straight up the street firing off my heavy incinerator with reckless abandon while everything scatters, grenades to clear out people behind cover and doorways, and a rapid fire explosive 10mm for when I'm feeling saucy"

It's a brand new ballgame, folks! This is so much better

Renamed my incinerator Mister Blisters and renamed my 10mm Pocket Rocket, which makes me giggle because I am a child

mrpaku on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 25
    So in FO76 this is the first season I've felt the need to get past 100 (mainly because the system is fucked if you're a FO1st sub, you have to get to ~140 to get everything, I'd prefer the scoreboard model pls), but, has the 10k xp/score always been removed after 100, or is that a new thing?

Because it's shitty! EDIT: I mean, yeah, with 1st I get +25% score, but I doubt the math would still work out in my favor needing to get to 140 to get all the rewards when before I could get to 100 and get them all, particularly since the score/level requirement is lopsided towards 100 and after (I think it caps at 3500/lvl?). I'm not even sure there are more rewards?

I dunno, I hope they reconsider the seasonal changes. I get that the old way might have seemed formulaic at this point, but it was straight forward and clear, with a good sensible start and end point, where players who wanted to keep playing could get more generic rewards. I don't think the 150+ page is really a better solution. I also don't totally see how this benefits Bethesda, unless I'm missing something? Like, it doesn't totally feel like this gives them more avenues for profit, but I'm not a bean counter. It just feels bad.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    PinDropPinDrop Registered User regular
    I've been playing 76 for about a month, although I've been so busy with work/life that I am only at level 32.

It's kind of frustrating because I can't find any decent weapons, and the modifications and I can apply aren't too hot. I should probably go on the Discord and find some people to team up with. I think it's a great little MMO-ish rendition of Fallout though. It checks all of my Fallout boxes.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Go to the map, join a team from the social menu there, then do events. You'll get random legendaries including guns from the events.

• Options
    How are other people getting quotes to work?

Anywhoo, the private server thing, the best uses for it are getting spawns easier, like if you need to kill a specific kind of enemy for a challenge, there's a decent chance they're already dead on most public servers.

Also, just hunting for specific items, lead, magazines, bobbleheads, etc, is much more reliable on private.

But what I know many people use it for is if you're into camp building, it's a lot more stable and reliable place to do it.

Having said that, yeah, unless I'm doing those specific things, I virtually never do private, if for no other reason than I actually like the multiplayer aspect and having other people around, not to mention the litany of perks and buffs that are better with other players (some work just creating a party even in private, but they're virtually all more beneficial with more party members). You get "free" money when party members do quests, you can buy/sell stuff that is hard to find otherwise, you can benefit from other players nukes, etc. It's just overall a better experience.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    How are other people getting quotes to work?

On desktop, if you open the quote link in another tab, like by clicking the middle mouse button on it, it'll work in the new window.

• Options
    edited May 26
    @PinDrop

Most good weapons can be gotten from events, though some of the better ones are harder when they're not on focused rotation (i.e. if you want some good explosive weapons you want nuka world events, etc), so just try to participate in all the 20m events (i.e. every 20m there is a "major" event that is more likely to have good unique weapons guaranteed on success, however, the older events don't usually have them), and whatever the hourly one is for any given event.

Right now the Meat Cook doesn't have any special uniques, however, the periodic (they don't always follow the 20m rule) Primal Cuts events that pop up tend to have several legendary enemies per event, so it's a good way to get some random things, if for no other reason to sell for scrips.

Also, for the vast majority of mods for weapons, they're unlocked by scrapping the base type of weapon. You can craft your own, or just scrap everything you find, but if you want mods for a specific weapon, you need to figure out the base weapon and scrap them. Like automatic rifle for Fixer, etc.

Also also, the main questlines (and some ]ally questlines) can have some actually quite good unique legendaries. The problem is, if you're not 50+, you can screw yourself out of a good one. It's counterintuitive, but I'd recommend anyone starting fresh just level to 50 at least via events and stuff, then do the main quests, to ensure all rewards are max level.

I'd recommend Angry Turtle guides on youtube, as he's got videos for pretty much anything you can think of, from starter to end game, of tons of different playstyles. You don't have to do metas, plenty of things are super effective with the right perks and such. Some of his stuff is outdated, but for the most part, even with changes to perks and balancing, largely you can still follow pretty closely to things that are older and have good success. And don't worry if you're not as "effective" as other players around you in their high end gear and silly broken weapons, just participate and have a good time. If you're doing solo stuff, like quests and things, if you want to do it all in ezmode there's really nothing more effective than stealth builds. Commando is the easiest, but you can certainly do melee too nearly as effectively. Don't worry about trying to figure out bloodied builds and such early game, you'll just get frustrated.

EDIT: and by don't worry about other people and their stuff, and feeling ineffective; I'm 583, with an alt ~300, and I still feel all the time that I'm not really contributing that much, when there's half a dozen people around me just instagibbing everything with their fancy weapons. But at least for me, at my level, I COULD be doing that, but I know the time investment for ammo, good rolls, food, etc, that it takes to maintain some of those setups and I've decided that I don't care that much.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    PinDropPinDrop Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like I'll be doing events and side quests until 50 and keep my fingers crossed.

• Options
    edited May 26
    Addendum on the meat cook not having any uniques; it does have a chance to give you the Pepper Shaker plan, which is an amazing weapon, so for sure do it whenever it pops up (the hourly one, the Primal Cuts are just good for legendary kills and prime meat for the buffs if you want them).

EDIT: Also, re:legendary gear, don't worry if something isn't 3 stars. The first star is the most important, for the most part. the second two can make something good, great, but a 1* quad tesla is still going to be amazing for getting tags, even if it doesn't have the extra perks. So don't feel like just because something is only 1* you should just vendor it. Having a full set of, say, Unyeilding, even if one star, is going to be better for you than not having any because you're looking for the perfect roll. Keep the good perks to get your build going, then worry about getting the "best" version of any item. Plus, moding 1* on gear is cheaper than 3* (though not as efficient, but that's a different issue to worry about later), so when you're still new, trying to get that Overeater power armor part is going to be more likely aiming for the 1* than burning all your cores on 3*'s and ending up empty handed.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    i tried playing fallout 4 again after multiple stop and gos with fo76. it is wild how much better 4 feels. im not really sure how to describe it.

There are many, many complaints I have about Fallout 4. How it feels traversing the environment and getting into fights is not one of them. The downtown areas especially are great minus trying to find the actual entrance to Goodneighbor. Any area where you'll bump into different factions fighting each other is also great and makes the setting feel more alive. I also started playing again recently and yesterday I found a group of goons I needed to kill for a quest while they were tangled up fighting some raiders and I walked away with double the normal loot.

It made how bland most of Starfield's traversal was in comparison really stand out. I can see similar comparisons happening with other titles.
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Have finally replaced my Fallout 4 early game "careful and measured stealth sniper, backup shotgun for if anything gets too close/is too meaty, and bombs if I get an incredibly fortunate cluster of baddies" style (which has always been reliable in Bethesda games, but gets just so boring) for "Do drugs, then march straight up the street firing off my heavy incinerator with reckless abandon while everything scatters, grenades to clear out people behind cover and doorways, and a rapid fire explosive 10mm for when I'm feeling saucy"

It's a brand new ballgame, folks! This is so much better

Renamed my incinerator Mister Blisters and renamed my 10mm Pocket Rocket, which makes me giggle because I am a child

I'm sure that if a player really puts points into stealth and modifies weapons to be silent then stealth archer can be a potent play style. But enemies are so quick to throw grenades at you in 4 which also means you end up with a lot of them so the game is very encouraging of a louder playstyle.

You also can't craft gun suppressors for a while which also pushes players a bit towards loud approaches even if sneaking is still handy for the initial shots.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited May 26
    FO4's combat is not at all what I'd call "good", it's just decent and that happens to put it above the prior entries specifically in the combat category.

But it is a very, very bland, simplistic combat system. Strong enemies deal a ton of damage and have a ton of HP. Weak enemies don't. Enemies work off hive AI and permanently know where you are once they notice you. The use of VATS is all but forced by cranking the enemy movement speed way up. Melee combat is terrible. Ranged combat works but is very bland. The stealth system is terrible and undeveloped.

To be an actually good system, it needs a number of features. If they want to stick with the grindy-high-HP shit, then there needs to be more to those enemies than "shoot them five hundred times". Bust armor for weakpoints, effectively neutralize limbs/weapons, enemy combat AI that doesn't just charge you down, etc. Combat skills should confer passive and active combat abilities, not simply bump up damage and accuracy numbers. There should be weapons to incur effective debuffs like pinning, slowing, etc, not weak shit like poison. Obviously, a cover system, including being able to shoot through cover with the right weapons. Strafing in and out of cover is shitty for immersion and 90's-era design. A crunchier system of armor and armor penetration, with decent feedback. Stealth should be more than just crouching your way around. Enemy AI should never be told exactly where the player is if you're out of LoS. Enemies should have their own procedural personalities and tendencies, this isn't even hard stuff to code and include anymore. Enemies should actually get afraid and give up and things like that. They should also do things like shoot where they think you, have decently varying levels of accuracy, not have aimbot aim, etc.

Not to mention a bunch of world balance stuff. I'm at 30-something hours of my current heavily-modded playthrough and encountering enemy power armor is rare, maybe once every several hours; I've recovered five frames so far. This is a huge fucking improvement over prior playthroughs where I've had a dozen+ frames by this same point without zero effort spent searching. This makes power armor actually useful and valuable because it isn't everywhere. Unfortunately, fusion cores are still abundant which is dumb and uninteresting. These are supposed to be rare, enemies should never be casually walking around their base in power armor because that is obviously burning up the core on nothing. It should take an alert for enemies to go get in the armor, and stealing the frame should need more than just climbing into an empty suit. A core should last ages but actually be rare and rechargeable, plus have more uses in the world than running armor. Heck, make it so players can have one fusion core at any given time and they can tune it for different uses.

I doubt we'll ever get any of that out of a Bethesda game, though. They seem thoroughly content with keeping things as simple and empty as they can get away with.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    For what it's worth, while I can understand why someone would want the sort of depth you're requesting, it's not what I'd want in a FO game. I like the simplicity so I can focus on enjoying the setting and environment while also blowing some heads up. Sometimes I'm in the mood for Mario, and don't want the stress of Hollow Knight.

It's fine to want more, and it's genuinely too bad there's not really much to scratch that FO itch with more deep and complex combat. I just don't feel like it's very fair or valid to turn what you wish FO was into an indictment on the intent or care of the developers. Given that their games all have the same sort of combat systems, it seems that is intentional and not just laziness. Nintendo isn't lazy by having predictable enemies with simple weaknesses, it's just what they're trying to make. The fact that Bethesda could do more doesn't mean that they have to or that they're not trying if they don't.

Plus, if we're being honest, the Fallout games have never been that complex or technical or very deep combat. That includes the originals. The framework is there in the setting though, so maybe if Microsoft gets them to open up the IP to more than just the internally developed games we will see more of what people want, for those that wish for that additional complexity.

• Options
    edited May 27
    Given what Bethesda did with Starfield, their initial efforts to squeeze people for stupid shit in FO76, and a long-ass time of cruising on Skyrim, nah, I feel pretty comfortable in calling Bethesda a pretty lazy company at this point. Yes, there are certainly people in the company who work hard, but the company itself just doesn't try much any more. It coasted on the Skyrim IP, coasted on the Fallout IP, and the only reason it changed its development priorities is because it did such a bad job with Starfield that it can't coast on that like it planned. And simply put, they don't have anywhere near the skill to pull off the polish of Mario games to justify the excessive simplicity of their games. They jump on development bandwagons, then take so long to release a game that the bandwagon is gone. Then whatever fad thing they implement, they do a godawful job of it. Case in point, the abominable settlement system of vanilla FO4 which is an immense chore to struggle with in nearly every way.

I enjoy the setting and tolerate the gameplay. If there are enough mods to make it worthwhile. Which FO4 took a lot of to make its grindy-ass dull combat system worth something moderately okay. And there's no reason for the combat system to be that bland, you can definitely keep things simpler while also making them not a slog. I feel pretty firmly about this, having played Starfield when it came out and been unable to finish out of boredom and then recently binged through FO3, New Vegas, and the bulk of FO4. They could do so good here and instead the company is content with consistently mediocre.

Ninja Snarl P on