As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    The Monster Hunter hunter is not the character they need to add. The character they need to add is Odogaron (or any other similarly cute MH monster).

Odogaron? You can aim higher. Zinogre.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The Monster Hunter hunter is not the character they need to add. The character they need to add is Odogaron (or any other similarly cute MH monster).

I like Odogaron more. I think he's cuter.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The obvious Monster Hunter addition would be a palico.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Found a deal on a Pro Controller.

You can use the Pro Controller for tabletop or handheld mode, right? I never dock the thing.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I like Odogaron more. I think he's cuter.

Nah, going to have to disagree there. I doub't we'll get any monsters though with Rathalos already in as a boss.

Unless we get Lynians of some kind.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

You can use the Pro Controller for tabletop or handheld mode, right? I never dock the thing.

Yep, I used it undocked last night.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

yup

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I would immediately go buy the character pass if they announced Palico.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Obviously one of the DLC characters should be Rick Grimes.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Prefer this one

Jv9Qee0.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The Grimes level will be above and below two separate bowling alleys.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

Prefer this one

Jv9Qee0.png

“Grimey” to his friends.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I liked the suggestion of Crash Bandicoot but even better would be Dr Neo Cortex simply because of the theory that the big N on his forehead was a dig at Nintendo.

Soneone from Undertale would be nice but I'm not sure Toby would go for it.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    With how Geralt of Rivia is getting into every game as of late (Soul Calibur and Monster Hunter World), I'd half expect him to come to Smash too.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    King Knight from shovel knight would be prob my top choice. With the DLC coming its a cross promotion no brainer.

Any of the 4 guardians with my top being Urbosa by a mile. She had a spirit though so it's prob moot.

I'd like to see more low tier enemies from big series like pirahna plant was. Throw me a blooper or a cheepcheep. A Moblin or a skeleton from Zelda would be dope.

I want more indie stuff. Gimme a floor kid or Minnit and I would preordered the DLC in a hot minute.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    On my list of "not going to happen" I'd love to see Elma from XCX and Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia.

• Options
    On my list of "not going to happen" I'd love to see Elma from XCX and Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia.

I'd totally prefer Elma over Rex.

"SLIDING SLINGER! SLIDING SLINGER! SLIDING SLINGER!"

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I'd like to see more low tier enemies from big series like pirahna plant was. Throw me a blooper or a cheepcheep. A Moblin or a skeleton from Zelda would be dope.

Oh I totally want to see Goomba as a joke character. Full move set but do not even try to balance him. Just literally super weak, almost no recovery with tiny hops, little head bop dive where you get stuck in the ground for a second. If you get a final smash he just does an intimidating roar that accomplishes nothing.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Lol yeah or he could be a tiny heavy hitter like lil mac : )

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wonder why in this day and age Nintendo would release a console that they encourage you to also use as a handheld but not put in any functionality to pair with Bluetooth headsets

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I wonder why in this day and age Nintendo would release a console that they encourage you to also use as a handheld but not put in any functionality to pair with Bluetooth headsets

They want you to use their shitty mobile app.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    the shitty mobile app is actually them meeting you halfway, what they really want is no one to use voice chat or be able to communicate with remote persons in any way through their platforms

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    the shitty mobile app is actually them meeting you halfway, what they really want is no one to use voice chat or be able to communicate with remote persons in any way through their platforms

There are probably still people at corporate HQ baffled at how people can live in areas where you don't get 15 streetpasses each time you walk out the door.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

What gets me are all the third party games with built in voice chat.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just gonna leave two links here that are relevant to recent discussions:

The Smash thread

Genki - Bluetooth audio connector for your Switch

I have the latter ordered and am eagerly awaiting it. It'd be handy if it shows up before I have to take a long train ride home for Christmas, but I'm not counting on it.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I actually really like the idea of a Fortnite character. You have a character with a variety of skins, a neat entrance via parachute, a melee weapon, a variety of options for ranged attacks, and the building mechanic for specials. Additionally, you could do a great level that travels between various map points.

I would enjoy Goomba done as a tower of Gooma trying to impress a lady.

With that said, I haven't played the new game yet - it's too close to Christmas apparently for me to buy things. Gah!

Edit: Has anyone played the Roller Coaster Tycoon for Switch yet?

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, actually DLC dream characters for me:
    • Luke Skywalker (RotJ version). Yes, he's my childhood hero that deserves better than that shitty Teras Kasi fighting game. Echo fighters that are included with him are Rey and PT Obi-Wan. That way you get a bit of every trilogy. Oh, and get Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, and James Arnold Taylor to do the voices.
    • Hector from Fire Emblem 7. We were robbed out of Lyn since she's an Assist Trophy, so give us the next best thing. Give Hector an alt skin with his beard from FE6. Also, throw in Eliwood as an Echo Fighter for Roy.
    • Ranma Saotome. Hey, he's been in fighting games before! His D+B splashes him with cold water turning him into his girl form. Two fighters in one! Or just make girl-type Ranma an Echo Fighter.
    • Crono from Chrono Trigger. Another sword fighter, but with his special moves being assists from Merle, Lucca, and Robo. Frog as an Echo character.
    • Viewtiful Joe. Seems like a no-brainer honestly. Can have Sylvia as an Echo Fighter.
    • Neku from TWEWY. Lots of pin based attacks for specials. Shiki as an Echo Fighter.
    • Bill Rizer from Contra. All specials use different gun upgrades (Flame, Spread, etc). Echo Fighter is Lance Bean.

That's more than enough great options to choose from.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I feel if they add a monster from Monster Hunter it's ultimate should be the crash cart

• Options
    I'm not even talking about voice chat (though that would be nice), just let me use my headphones while playing so I can actually hear while on transit or whatever

• Options
    Imperfect wrote: »

The Smash thread

I have the latter ordered and am eagerly awaiting it. It'd be handy if it shows up before I have to take a long train ride home for Christmas, but I'm not counting on it.

I've heard about the Genki, but honestly after hearing about how the Switch fucks around with third party peripherals like docks, I'm still very wary.

• Options
    OK, actually DLC dream characters for me:
    • Luke Skywalker (RotJ version). Yes, he's my childhood hero that deserves better than that shitty Teras Kasi fighting game. Echo fighters that are included with him are Rey and PT Obi-Wan. That way you get a bit of every trilogy. Oh, and get Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, and James Arnold Taylor to do the voices.
    • Hector from Fire Emblem 7. We were robbed out of Lyn since she's an Assist Trophy, so give us the next best thing. Give Hector an alt skin with his beard from FE6. Also, throw in Eliwood as an Echo Fighter for Roy.
    • Ranma Saotome. Hey, he's been in fighting games before! His D+B splashes him with cold water turning him into his girl form. Two fighters in one! Or just make girl-type Ranma an Echo Fighter.
    • Crono from Chrono Trigger. Another sword fighter, but with his special moves being assists from Merle, Lucca, and Robo. Frog as an Echo character.
    • Viewtiful Joe. Seems like a no-brainer honestly. Can have Sylvia as an Echo Fighter.
    • Neku from TWEWY. Lots of pin based attacks for specials. Shiki as an Echo Fighter.
    • Bill Rizer from Contra. All specials use different gun upgrades (Flame, Spread, etc). Echo Fighter is Lance Bean.

That's more than enough great options to choose from.

Counterpoint: Neku should not be Neku, but both Neku and Shiki together.

• Options
    DuJxf9-WkAAP0Hf.jpg

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Now I want a redo of Persona 5 where the crew helps Nintendo villains fix themselves

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm not even talking about voice chat (though that would be nice), just let me use my headphones while playing so I can actually hear while on transit or whatever

there's a 3.5mm headphone jack on the top of the switch

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Now I want a redo of Persona 5 where the crew helps Nintendo villains fix themselves

Stealing Wario's heart would probably scar them all for life.

• Options

Which doesn't do you much good if your headphones are bluetooth.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »

The Smash thread

I've heard about the Genki, but honestly after hearing about how the Switch fucks around with third party peripherals like docks, I'm still very wary.

Genki should be fine, even if you don't use it's pass-through charging. It's only when you're using 3rd party docks or 3rd party chargers + a 3rd party dock dock is when the issues with how Nintendo did its USB-C protocol changes are an issue.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Stealing Wario's heart would probably scar them all for life.

Nah, they can handle unbridled greed.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Western characters are still barely represented. If any of them have a chance at full characters in Smash they need to have a sizable following in Japan. Which rules out like 95% of options.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Which doesn't do you much good if your headphones are bluetooth.

My bluetooth headphones have a 3.5mm input. Yours might, too.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126