As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red Thread Redemption

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So long as you take the time to brutalize Herbert Moon for old times sake

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i think what i love most about arthur is that a lot of people call arthur a big idiot and he’s just like heh well yeah what can ya do

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i think what i love most about arthur is that a lot of people call arthur a big idiot and he’s just like heh well yeah what can ya do

Well we know from Hosea that he's taught some of the gang to "act the part" so we can assume early on based on Arthur's size and voice taking on the persona of "dumb lug" would be an easy assumption, that way when he actually has a bit of wit to him he surprises you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Me before unlocking all the incendiary and explosive ammo types: Cool, some ravens. Those should be good for a few dollars.
    Me after unlocking all the incendiary and explosive ammo types: STUPID NON-ANIMAL FAT DROPPING VERMIN! WHY DO YOU EVEN EXIST?

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I don't think I've even played around with explosive or incendiary or poisonous ammo. I barely remember to switch over to slugs or high velocity or something every now and then.

• Options
    Speaking of you know how the game resets what ammo you have equipped every single time you get off your horse, I find that very convenient and helpful it's a great feature

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Speaking of you know how the game resets what ammo you have equipped every single time you get off your horse, I find that very convenient and helpful it's a great feature

I also love how some story missions are just like, "here's that shitty double barreled shotgun you hate and that Lancaster repeater you never used, go nuts" even though I start the mission with my Semiauto shotty and my carbine equipped.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The double barrel shotgun and the Lancaster repeater are my two most used long guns

• Options
    I still think it's crazy that in a game this worked on and polished the UI is basically a fuckin shambles

• Options
    That's cool but the game shouldn't force-equip you with a single goddamn thing, ever, except maybe that one event with the Carcano which was good.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Today I hopped in the ol’ camp boat and rowed out to an island to hunt some iguanas, which took approximately a hundred billion hours of rowing, and then realized that I left all my guns on my horse because guns aren’t allowed in outlaw camp

mkc.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Today I hopped in the ol’ camp boat and rowed out to an island to hunt some iguanas, which took approximately a hundred billion hours of rowing, and then realized that I left all my guns on my horse because guns aren’t allowed in outlaw camp

Yes that camp boat is totally useless because of this fact

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

I also love how some story missions are just like, "here's that shitty double barreled shotgun you hate and that Lancaster repeater you never used, go nuts" even though I start the mission with my Semiauto shotty and my carbine equipped.

My favorite was always when I had a shotgun and repeater/rifle and it would replace the repeater/rifle with another shotgun. No it's cool I didn't want to hit dudes at range anyway...

• Options
    Equip a shotgun that shoots shotguns, like the Conference Call in Borderlands 2.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »

You can ride your horse over there, just bring some stamina ingredients.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    That won’t bring back the innocent fishermen I murdered in frustration

mkc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Spoiler for a Sadie moment from chapter 2
    Man I missed this camp conversation, but Wow hard stuff.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular
    I love Arthur's lines in this game. He is insightful, witty, and generally well-written.
    Agreed. I was just reflecting on this from a seemingly minor interaction in Ch 3 I just played through:

Minor Strauss spoilers in first level:
    Strauss sends you back to Downes Ranch to collect the debt from Downes' widow and son. Arthur tells the son basically to keep his nose in his books, because revenge is a fools game (to paraphrase). And on one hand, it's just Arthur threatening this young adult so he doesn't have to deal with him coming after you. But on the other hand, Arthur's completely right, and it's sage advice, just probably unwelcome at that moment.

And then something horrible dawned on me:
    Real full game spoilers:
    I already found out Arthur dies of TB at some point in the story. This Downes guy couldn't pay his debts because he's too sick, and I pounded on him while he coughed up bloody sputum all over me the first time Strauss sent me after this guy. And now he's dead. This guy died of TB, and this fucking usury mission is when Arthur contracted it, isn't it?

I hate Strauss so fucking much. I can rob a bank in Valentine for $10k just fine, and this goddamn $30 loan shark BS is Arthur's death sentence.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Fuck, I missed that too and it absolutely explains Sadie's act 5 and 6 behavior.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    As someone who hates missing out on story stuff, this game can be nearly paralyzing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Been after a damn moose antler for weeks!

3zGMDes.jpg?1

Also putting this one beind spoilers in case anyone missed it or hasn't found it yet.
    RXeqiCp.jpg

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Fuck, I missed that too and it absolutely explains Sadie's act 5 and 6 behavior.

I need to play SP again since they fixed that bug with her never being in camp. The camp stuff was all fantastic and I really love Sadie as a character.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

3zGMDes.jpg?1

Also putting this one beind spoilers in case anyone missed it or hasn't found it yet.
    RXeqiCp.jpg

The hell is this spoiler?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

3zGMDes.jpg?1

RXeqiCp.jpg

The hell is this spoiler?

Looks like it's related to
    Francis Sinclair, a weird guy from Strawberry with a birthmark on his face who talks in mid-20th century vernacular. He asks you to find a bunch of odd rock carvings for him.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God damn it I didn't bother with those
    I thought the murderous robot was the weirdest thing in this game
    You're telling me there was a time traveler too??

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also Trelawny has a family in St. Dennis and you can hear him visiting and passing out presents to all of his kids.

• Options

Did you not find Manbearpig?

• Options
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/judasdubois/video/67146039

I am preparing myself for the RDR Online Olympics, just didn't stick that landing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm in chapter 6.

I just finished the
    Sadie mission. Watching Colm panic when he realized his men weren't there for him was a little too real. Also, kind of satisfying, but like Arthur said, in the end, Colm wasn't really anything compared to the government, Leviticus Cornwall, etc.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    There is nothing like Gun Rush to remind you of how completely awful the Carbine Repeater is. I get that it's a starter weapon but so is the Cattleman and that is a solid enough choice.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    yo i want to buy this for my brother in law

is it worth $20 for the special edition with the talisman and the thoroughbred and the bank robbery mission etc?

sig.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    tbh I’m not even sure which bank robbery mission I got with the special edition

• Options
    Was there one for
    Rhodes
    , maybe? It had a full interior but I don't remember ever hitting it in SP.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    Was there one for
    Rhodes

It is a bank robbery in Rhodes. I don't think I ever did it either honestly despite having the edition!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Was there one for
    Rhodes

It is a bank robbery in Rhodes. I don't think I ever did it either honestly despite having the edition!

Pretty sure I have that edition, never saw it.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Was there one for
    Rhodes

I think its a companion quest, like one of the white ones that's usually "hey lets go fishing". I recall seeing a youtube video on it.

Though I never got my GTA Online revolver I was supposed to get either. So maybe certain bonus's weren't there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Was there one for
    Rhodes

I think its a companion quest, like one of the white ones that's usually "hey lets go fishing". I recall seeing a youtube video on it.

Though I never got my GTA Online revolver I was supposed to get either. So maybe certain bonus's weren't there.

Revolver or tomahawk either

• Options
    Was there one for
    Rhodes

Revolver or tomahawk either

I actually got the tomahawk, but that one you have to visit a graveyard to pick up that I happened to stumble across.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Was there one for
    Rhodes

You have to find Charles in camp in chapter 4 sitting down, and it has to be before he decides to leave to help the reservation

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I finally played more than half an hour of the main game today

I had resolved to just mainline the main plot to enjoy the writing, but now I'm hunting deer and colour-coordinating my gear and breaking horses and picking herbs and

I still get annoyed at how long it takes to do stuff, but turns out that the whole immersion thing is real

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]