Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

1848587899099

Posts

  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Despite battlesuits being shit the Tau one is probably the best deal. But then you'd be playing Tau.

    The Tau one is one farsight away from being the full nine.

    It’s also missing a broadside isn’t it?

    Battle suits are fine aren’t they? Maybe not optimal but they can still do a job.

    Plus who is to say what they’re like in Apocalypse? I wager stuff not getting removed till the end of a turn is going to make a lot of things more interesting to take.

    PSN Fleety2009
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Yeah, the ork preview makes kills kans sound good in apoc. They're trash in 40k, so who knows how the different systems play out.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Yeah, the ork preview makes kills kans sound good in apoc. They're trash in 40k, so who knows how the different systems play out.

    Today's preview is going through damage and attacks and the system is really different. I think that might help stuff like Kans out a lot. Also they always get at least one turn of activation. And their stats aren't bad verse a lot of things.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I’ll probably pick up the CSMs to use in 40k. I’ve got enough Primaris infantry already so the SM one just doesn’t appeal to me. If it had a different spread of aggressors/inceptors then maybe. I feel like they missed an opportunity to bundle it with the new tank.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    My friend who is new to the hobby and started with Blood Angels (he is about to finally finish building his very first 2k army) was originally going to play Orks because he loves killa kans but ended up not since killa kans are so bad. Seems like there is a chance he might go Orks with apoc.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The wound and damage rules are really interesting. Especially how the blast markers work. That mechanic actually reduces the amount of dice needed.

    Also that something like roboute has only 2 wounds shows that wound counting is also going to be a lot easier.

    Looks like they really put a lot of work into this. This is the biggest rule shake up for 40k since 3rd edition I think.

    Stragint
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Given that robby only has 2 wounds, that seems to track that a unit of intercessors (also listed at 2 wounds) is one block, not individual models. Don't even gotta take them out of their movement tray!

    website_header.jpg
    honovere
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Given that robby only has 2 wounds, that seems to track that a unit of intercessors (also listed at 2 wounds) is one block, not individual models. Don't even gotta take them out of their movement tray!

    Yeah. Considering Bobby-G being 2 wounds and that it seems trays are a single set of wounds. You can play this with way fewer models just have them represented as a single models instead of a tray letting folks play it with out 6,000 point collections.

    03x29di.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Let's them do interesting things with wounds/models/saves. If a unit of interccessors is 2W with a 6+ save, a big blob of cultists could be like 4W with a 10+ save.

    website_header.jpg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    After seeing the price of those magnetic storage cases, I figured I could probably make something halfway decent to get the same effect.

    $30 in supplies and an old tool kit later....

    7upuzh0lspn1.jpg

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    StragintMazzyxBurnageNipsIanatorSmokeStacksironsizideWatcherH3KnucklesForceVoid
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Given that robby only has 2 wounds, that seems to track that a unit of intercessors (also listed at 2 wounds) is one block, not individual models. Don't even gotta take them out of their movement tray!

    You can probably use the rules for 6mm as Epic 3.0, it's so similar.

  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    Got some new art for over my painting area:

    EkrmVLl.jpg?1

    Close up view:
    pwsGvGB.jpg

    The Lord-Commander himself watches over my painting with blessings from the emperor.

    (It's a print of the The Dark Imperium painting on a museum canvas)

    e:

    Guilliman miniature for scale :biggrin:
    NDXh90A.jpg

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    MazzyxStragintitalianranmaNipsKhraulironsizideIanatorDayspringH3KnucklesTheColonel
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bought and paid for the stormhawk interceptor sprue two days ago on Ebay but it still hasn't been updated as shipped.

    Hoping it gets sent out soon.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Got some new art for over my painting area:

    EkrmVLl.jpg?1

    Close up view:
    pwsGvGB.jpg

    The Lord-Commander himself watches over my painting with blessings from the emperor.

    (It's a print of the The Dark Imperium painting on a museum canvas)

    e:

    Guilliman miniature for scale :biggrin:
    NDXh90A.jpg

    Is it one of the warhammer art prints?

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited June 20
    That missile IG has sounds pretty nuts. An AoE that can put up to 3 large blast markers seems pretty mean.

    New Apoc website is up with a video on how to play.

    https://warhammer40000.com/apocalypse/

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Got some new art for over my painting area:

    EkrmVLl.jpg?1

    Close up view:
    pwsGvGB.jpg

    The Lord-Commander himself watches over my painting with blessings from the emperor.

    (It's a print of the The Dark Imperium painting on a museum canvas)

    e:

    Guilliman miniature for scale :biggrin:
    NDXh90A.jpg

    Is it one of the warhammer art prints?

    Yes, one of the numbered series.

    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    neat I kind of wanted to get one but I really wanted to see how it turned out before I did
    It's the taste the rainbow eldar codex is one I wanted to get
    dwuzic55ge5y.png

    H3KnucklesSleepTheColonelvalhalla130
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    There was a time where GW Covers for elves and eldar were all about blue and gold but somehow that never happened with the models at the same time.

    Brainleech
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Got a team event this weekend, dragging out the Tau, going to be playing this spicy number.
    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [45 PL, 754pts] ++

    + No Force Org Slot +

    T'au Empire Sept Choice: T'au Sept

    + HQ +

    Commander Shadowsun [9 PL, 110pts]

    Darkstrider [3 PL, 45pts]

    + Troops +

    Strike Team [2 PL, 38pts]
    . Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
    . 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

    Strike Team [2 PL, 38pts]
    . Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
    . 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

    Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]
    . 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

    + Elites +

    Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

    Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

    Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

    + Heavy Support +

    XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [24 PL, 413pts]
    . Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system
    . Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system
    . Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system
    . 5x MV4 Shield Drone

    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [46 PL, 845pts] ++

    + No Force Org Slot +

    T'au Empire Sept Choice: T'au Sept

    + HQ +

    Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

    Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

    + Troops +

    Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]
    . 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

    Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]
    . 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

    Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]
    . 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

    + Elites +

    XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 278pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon, Velocity tracker

    XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 278pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon, Velocity tracker

    + Fast Attack +

    Tactical Drones [4 PL, 50pts]
    . 5x MV4 Shield Drone

    Tactical Drones [4 PL, 50pts]
    . 5x MV4 Shield Drone

    ++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (T'au Empire) [20 PL, 399pts] ++

    + No Force Org Slot +

    T'au Empire Sept Choice: Sa'cea Sept

    + Lord of War +

    KV128 Stormsurge [20 PL, 399pts]: 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Pulse driver cannon, Shield generator, 2x Smart missile system

    ++ Total: [111 PL, 1,998pts] ++

    Created with BattleScribe

    Khraul
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Apoc game?

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    There was a time where GW Covers for elves and eldar were all about blue and gold but somehow that never happened with the models at the same time.

    It doesn't hurt to try to paint them that way

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    LockedOnTargetironsizideKhraulExtreaminatusTheColonel
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    For the T'au apoc box, I heard people saying that it could be pretty easily turned into the eight. Is that true? That sounds pretty interesting if so.

    I also think I'm gonna get the Necron, Imperial Knight, and T'au apoc sets.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited June 21
    Stragint wrote: »
    For the T'au apoc box, I heard people saying that it could be pretty easily turned into the eight. Is that true? That sounds pretty interesting if so.

    I also think I'm gonna get the Necron, Imperial Knight, and T'au apoc sets.
    pretty sure you would just need Farsight and a Broadside, the rest of the eight could be done with whats in the apoc box as they are a mix of regular and enforcer crisis suits with fixed weapons.

    1. Farsight as standard

    2. Enforcer Commander - ABFL, Plasma Rifle, CiB

    3. Crisis - Plasma rifle, Flamer, Shield generator

    4. Crisis - Plasma rifle, Flamer, Shield Gen, Onager Gauntlet

    5. Crisis - Two fusion blasters, Fusion blades

    6. Crisis - Two flamers

    7. Broadside - two HYMP, two SMS, A seeker missile

    8. Riptide - ion accelerator, two fusion blasters

    Thats just the visible loadout and does not include the drones or non-visible wargear. (the onager and fusion blades have no official model as far as I am aware so you usually dont have to model those)

    Apoc box has....

    1 x commander

    6 x crisis

    1 x riptide

    drones aplenty.

    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    For the T'au apoc box, I heard people saying that it could be pretty easily turned into the eight. Is that true? That sounds pretty interesting if so.

    I also think I'm gonna get the Necron, Imperial Knight, and T'au apoc sets.
    pretty sure you would just need Farsight and a Broadside, the rest of the eight could be done with whats in the apoc box as they are a mix of regular and enforcer crisis suits with fixed weapons.

    1. Farsight as standard

    2. Enforcer Commander - ABFL, Plasma Rifle, CiB

    3. Crisis - Plasma rifle, Flamer, Shield generator

    4. Crisis - Plasma rifle, Flamer, Shield Gen, Onager Gauntlet

    5. Crisis - Two fusion blasters, Fusion blades

    6. Crisis - Two flamers

    7. Broadside - two HYMP, two SMS, A seeker missile

    8. Riptide - ion accelerator, two fusion blasters

    Thats just the visible loadout and does not include the drones or non-visible wargear.

    Apoc box has....

    1 x commander

    6 x crisis

    1 x riptide

    drones aplenty.

    Sick, I am definitely interested. I also think I'm going to keep all my T'au KT stuff separate from my 40K stuff. I don't like the color shift paint job enough to do an entire army in it.

    So does the apoc stuff not come with the customization or is it static? Is that what you meant by fixed?

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited June 21
    sorry, I meant the 8 have fixed loadouts. if you take the 8 then they have to have the listed weapons.
    the apoc box will have all the usual sprues the sub-kits contain. so if you don't build as the eight you can build them as you like.

    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Stragint
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I have this box of old tau from Apoc I did nothing with
    90% of my tau
    ta9t6yj4cgxo.png

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    The P was that's store ID for Prizes

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    sorry, I meant the 8 have fixed loadouts. if you take the 8 then they have to have the listed weapons.
    the apoc box will have all the usual sprues the sub-kits contain. so if you don't build as the eight you can build them as you like.

    Oh, alright. Then yeah, I think I'm gonna make what I can of the 8 using that box.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So the new AdMech and Primaris vehicles go up for pre order along with the apocalypse stuff on the 29th.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So the new AdMech and Primaris vehicles go up for pre order along with the apocalypse stuff on the 29th.

    Curses! I'm right in the middle of moving to Japan. Gonna be real awkward bringing all this stuff through customs...

    I kid, I'm just going to have it shipped. I think I'll hold off on buying the Primaris vehicle on its own: I would bet you a dollar that they're going to put it together in some kind of boxed set in the near future... or at least for the Christmas packs.

    Quick question for anyone who uses Citadel Air Paints: I've had a lot of trouble with my Averland Sunset air: it's real gummy and it produces a speckled, Spackle-like result. I don't have this problem with the other Citadel Air Paints that I've used. Is this unique to the color or did I just get a bad batch? I tried calling up GW customer support but I got a message saying they're doing customer service training until 1 July.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So the new AdMech and Primaris vehicles go up for pre order along with the apocalypse stuff on the 29th.

    Curses! I'm right in the middle of moving to Japan. Gonna be real awkward bringing all this stuff through customs...

    I kid, I'm just going to have it shipped. I think I'll hold off on buying the Primaris vehicle on its own: I would bet you a dollar that they're going to put it together in some kind of boxed set in the near future... or at least for the Christmas packs.

    Quick question for anyone who uses Citadel Air Paints: I've had a lot of trouble with my Averland Sunset air: it's real gummy and it produces a speckled, Spackle-like result. I don't have this problem with the other Citadel Air Paints that I've used. Is this unique to the color or did I just get a bad batch? I tried calling up GW customer support but I got a message saying they're doing customer service training until 1 July.

    I've had that problem with averland and flash gitz yellow

    Might just be a yellow thing

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Yellow... truly the most villainous enemy of 40k.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    KhraulNipsStragintBurnage
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think the next unit I paint yellow I'm just going to base cream and airbrush some iyanden yellow then pinwash. I tried airbrushing a bit of it when I was working on the Blastajet I posted in the painting thread and it seemed to glaze very well.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    NipsH3Knucklesitalianranma
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I bought some of the new contrast yellow just to finish some deathwatch shoulder pads because fuck yellow holy shit.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Honestly, I think the next unit I paint yellow I'm just going to base cream and airbrush some iyanden yellow then pinwash. I tried airbrushing a bit of it when I was working on the Blastajet I posted in the painting thread and it seemed to glaze very well.

    Oh good. I was going to ask you how you did that. I’m trying to get a friend started in the hobby and she likes the Bad Moon orks. I bought some contrast paints just for this.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Huh. Have Daemons been renamed to Legiones Daemonica?

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Huh. Have Daemons been renamed to Legiones Daemonica?

    Well I mean you can't copyright the word daemons.

    03x29di.png
    H3Knuckles
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    The silliest of those is still operation "add in apostrophe in the middle of Tau".

    H3Knuckles
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    At least the Tau were an original creation.

    You didn't invent orks and elves, you shitbags, you don't get to rename them some stupid shit like orruks and aelves.

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    H3KnucklesMegaMek
Sign In or Register to comment.