Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/75f352278b2041ff88a8a08cad32ac665ce1a5eb

temporary changes to try to mitigate congestion for early access:
    With the upcoming release of Shadowbringers, we anticipate that servers may become congested under various circumstances during early access and launch. In order to ensure that gameplay is as smooth as possible, we will be implementing tentative measures for congestion relief and server load reduction.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

■Login Restrictions
    In order to prevent possible server crashes due to congestion, login restrictions may be applied when attempting to log into certain Worlds.

Characters with active subscriptions will be prioritized when these queues are in place.

■Auto Logout Feature
    A temporary measure will be put in place that will automatically log out players that are inactive for 30 minutes.

Please note that we may also log out all characters on all Worlds should the congestion not dissipate. Should this become necessary, we will make an announcement via the in-game system message before it takes place.

■Queues for Instanced Content
    For both early access and the official release of the expansion, we are expecting congestion for instanced battle content in order to progress through certain quests. These types of instances will now put you into a queue to enter the instance, while also displaying how many players are currently waiting. Players will be processed in order, so we ask for your patience until the instance is ready.

■Field Instances for New Areas
    To ease area populations and login restrictions due to congestion when service starts, we will be implementing multiple field instances for the new areas in Shadowbringers as well as parts of existing areas.

A field instance is one of many copies of an area that you can travel to when changing areas.

These instances will be distinguished with a number at the end of the area name, such as "Lakeland 1," "Lakeland 2," “Lakeland 3,” and so on. While the maps feature the same content between them, these areas are treated as a separate and unique copies. The number of instances available will vary depending on the area.

■How to Choose a Field Instance
    When entering areas on foot, mount, or by accessing an aetheryte in an area featuring multiple instances, a window will appear that will let you select which instance you wish to travel to.

When using Teleport/Return, a field instance will be chosen at random. You can check which instance you entered by checking your Chat Log or using the "/instance" text command.

■Restrictions in Field Instances
    Characters in different field instances of the same area will be able to send Tells to one another, but there will be restrictions, such as not being able to see each other.

■Entering the Same Field Instance as a Party
    Party members will have priority on entering the same field instance entering these instances through teleport or return. However, should the field instance become full, there is a chance that party members will not arrive at the same instance. In this case, you will need to enter the area by foot, mount, or via an aetheryte and select the same field instance number to ensure that you stay together.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    God I hate my work's firewall sometimes.

They block all URL's with the word "fantasy" in them, in an effort to filter out fantasy sports sites. Screws us gamers who try to waste our productivity looking at video game sites.

I also can't browse board games at FantasyFlightGames for the same reason. It's pretty lame.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »
    My question about the trust system is whether or not it's restricted to ShB stuff only

In the patch notes it only has a 5.x marker and I haven't seen anything about the trust system filtering down to previous expansions on launch.

booo that's definitely less useful.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think they did a lot of that for ARR and it really helped. I definitely remember having outdoor areas broken up into numbered instances.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    sbcd_06d_HlbnNF.png

(Elezen (F) - AST)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I think they did a lot of that for ARR and it really helped. I definitely remember having outdoor areas broken up into numbered instances.

It's all the SB mitigation systems, plus the individual instance queue.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Guess that's my cue to cap out on all three tomestone currencies as best I can today so I can jump into 5.0 with all of the poetics.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Guess that's my cue to cap out on all three tomestone currencies as best I can today so I can jump into 5.0 with all of the poetics.

I fucked up and used my poetics on my RDM lol. I'm gonna grab some later today tho.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Oh noes! I have to level up a bunch of classes now!
    mnhyh8mjxk8r.png

edit: also man I'm so hyped when I look at the list of the quest givers. GNB is ????? hmmmmm....

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

I can't see the patch notes here at work. Why are you saying you need to cap tomestones?

Also, maybe related (maybe not), did they confirm what type of gear DNC/GNB will wear?

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I can't see the patch notes here at work. Why are you saying you need to cap tomestones?

Also, maybe related (maybe not), did they confirm what type of gear DNC/GNB will wear?

No item list on the patch notes sadly. Also holy!
    a6f9nqhsob1n.png

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Hmmm this role quest thing is gonna force me to finally level a tank after 5 years huh? Well at least there's a solid list of options now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

As with previous expansions, all tomestone gear is being set to Poetics. Mendacity/Genesis currency will no longer have a use, but can be exchanged for Poetics. So if you cap off on all three as best you can, you can dump your Poetics on gear, then exchange your Mendacity for Poetics, dump it on gear again, and then again for Genesis. So you can gear out several jobs heading into ShB.

• Options

They wear role-specfic gear. So tank gear for GNB, ranged gear for DNC.

• Options
    Ahh ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I've actually already been doing that, just working on the assumption that that would be the case. So it's good to have confirmation.

I'm planning on job changing to Dancer, and last week I dropped about 2500 tomestones in Idyllshire to buy the 260 gear and upgrade it all to 270. I've got a full set of 270 Aiming gear. Ima be pissed if they put Dancer on Scouting. (It isn't actually called Aiming. I think the Idyllshire gear is called Conservationist).

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

As with previous expansions, all tomestone gear is being set to Poetics. Mendacity/Genesis currency will no longer have a use, but can be exchanged for Poetics. So if you cap off on all three as best you can, you can dump your Poetics on gear, then exchange your Mendacity for Poetics, dump it on gear again, and then again for Genesis. So you can gear out several jobs heading into ShB.

Be aware that the Mendacity/Genesis exchanges may not be 1:1. IIRC, previous exchanges were 4:1.

• Options
    Dude all those anime promos are great. I really want to see a full Eorzea anime series. Like for real.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    That role quest capstone...

Let's see. SCH and DRK covers 3/4 of them... so should I level MCH, DNC, or NIN first? Strongly leaning MCH to try their changes (and DNC is going to be flooded for a while).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    My life will not be complete until I see the Titan arc animated.

• Options
    it's gonna be tough, nothing tops 16 bit Titan for me.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Newbie question: All of the housing stuff looks amazing, but I'm guessing an actual house isn't really gonna be feasible and it looks like there are apartments? I know that's a ways off, but figure if I need to temper my dreams a bit, better do it now.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    Newbie question: All of the housing stuff looks amazing, but I'm guessing an actual house isn't really gonna be feasible and it looks like there are apartments? I know that's a ways off, but figure if I need to temper my dreams a bit, better do it now.

Actual houses are not something you can plan to get without camping them since there are very limited spots. Apartments are much more feasible, yes. They have some limitations (less space than houses, no outdoor furnishings), but are significantly cheaper (fixed 300k cost).

• Options
    Limited housing plots is one of the few things in XIV where I feel like the devs are just straight up wrong in their stance. They need to make it so any person can own any plot they want. If you have the gold, you should be able to buy what you want with it. Making it so there are only 2 mansion plots per ward is completely ridiculous and doesn't do anything but give people with no jobs and no lives an unfair advantage over us normal folk who only play the game for 2 hours in the evenings.

• Options
    Limited housing plots is one of the few things in XIV where I feel like the devs are just straight up wrong in their stance. They need to make it so any person can own any plot they want. If you have the gold, you should be able to buy what you want with it. Making it so there are only 2 mansion plots per ward is completely ridiculous and doesn't do anything but give people with no jobs and no lives an unfair advantage over us normal folk who only play the game for 2 hours in the evenings.

Think of it more like Non-combat raiding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Hmmm this role quest thing is gonna force me to finally level a tank after 5 years huh? Well at least there's a solid list of options now.

all other things being equal, the dark knight quests have some of the best writing in the entire game

TheySlashThem on
  • Options

all other things being equal, the dark knight quests have some of the best writing in the entire game

Yes unfortunately everybody was raving about it so i youtube'd the lot of them thinking "eh i'll never run it anyways." It'll most likely be a toss up between DRK and GNB depending on how the GNB gear/story shakes out it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

The person who wrote the DRK job quests is the lead writer for Shadowbringers.

So hype.

• Options
    I am a bit concerned about the possibility of dancer bloat. It's a DPS class, which means everyone's gonna play it. But I've also wanted dancer forever. I'm still a bit upset that it isn't a healer class, but I've come to terms with that, and from watching the press tour stuff, the playstyle looks super fun. So I'm gonna do it, even if I'm one of a million dancers. I won't care.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Housing is weird but I'm sort of willing to roll with it even though I would like to see apartments getting an outdoor area like a balcony or something.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    Housing is weird but I'm sort of willing to roll with it even though I would like to see apartments getting an outdoor area like a balcony or something.

A balcony with a planter box large enough to get some crossbreeding going would be nice.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I am a bit concerned about the possibility of dancer bloat. It's a DPS class, which means everyone's gonna play it. But I've also wanted dancer forever. I'm still a bit upset that it isn't a healer class, but I've come to terms with that, and from watching the press tour stuff, the playstyle looks super fun. So I'm gonna do it, even if I'm one of a million dancers. I won't care.

Every expansion people tend to flock to the new jobs in droves. It'll slowly settle back down but yes, expect to see A LOT of other dancers the first few weeks or so.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    My question about the trust system is whether or not it's restricted to ShB stuff only

as far as I've heard it is only 5.0+ content, at least for now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Every expansion people tend to flock to the new jobs in droves. It'll slowly settle back down but yes, expect to see A LOT of other dancers the first few weeks or so.

This is very much in line with my expectations for the first few weeks of the expansion.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Specifically, it's 5.0 story dungeons only. They may expand this but don't be expecting to do the level 80 dungeons with trusts, past maybe a level 80 story dungeon.

They have said that they're considering expanding it but haven't settled on any details yet.

• Options
    Proper Dancers will have dance emotes macro'd to every ability. Even the abilities that make you dance.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    a

Healer queues gonna be even more instant XD

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    There is only one dance, and it is the Manderville dance.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Specifically, it's 5.0 story dungeons only. They may expand this but don't be expecting to do the level 80 dungeons with trusts, past maybe a level 80 story dungeon.

They have said that they're considering expanding it but haven't settled on any details yet.

It'd be cool, but it's also a lot of work and kind of a nightmare for them to go back to add support. Presumably they'd have to add logic in for how to have the AI companions deal with any number of one-fight mechanics. Might be a long term QoL thing they work towards, but I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon. You run into this with the Squadron command mission things, they can't do any mechanics at all, even the general "get out of the orange" stuff, much less the more complicated stuff.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    There is only one dance, and it is the Manderville dance Mambo.

FTFY

This discussion has been closed.